Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
stuff like the curly mustache on pulse should be irl dollars only because its loving hilarious to spend $5 on a cosmetic item that is exclusively pay 2 fabulous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Uh excuse me, how dare you attribute the post you called me out on to everyone else itt.

I don't give two shits that it's a "tame" implementation, it's just going to become permanent.

Also I have family that deals with gambling addiction. You apparently think it's lovely I'm not sucking a corporation off because they're implementing Gambling Light

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Penpal posted:

Uh excuse me, how dare you attribute the post you called me out on to everyone else itt.

I don't give two shits that it's a "tame" implementation, it's just going to become permanent.

Also I have family that deals with gambling addiction. You apparently think it's lovely I'm not sucking a corporation off because they're implementing Gambling Light

"How dare you exaggerate my position!"
"Also here's me exaggerating your position lol"

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Jack Trades posted:

Your entire position was 'lol you mad? You care about things?? Hahaha!'

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Your entire position was 'lol you mad? You care about things?? Hahaha!'
Your reading comprehension is clearly top notch.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Jack Trades posted:

You said everyone is going crazy about mtx.... I made the post that you called crazy or whatever. I was taking the piss out of my histrionic post

How did I exaggerate your opinion? I said you think I have a lovely opinion. Dude what is your deal

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

I dream of a defender (or attacker??) operator that hucks things that look like Valkyrie cameras but instead of cameras, they're noisemakers and they play gunshot sounds, footstep sounds and rappel-in sounds at varying volume levels completely randomly.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

bewilderment posted:

I dream of a defender (or attacker??) operator that hucks things that look like Valkyrie cameras but instead of cameras, they're noisemakers and they play gunshot sounds, footstep sounds and rappel-in sounds at varying volume levels completely randomly.

Okay but only if it's an attacker and he uses a bow to do this and also he becomes invisible when in the shadows.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!
In general most of the interesting visuals take WAY too much credit to unlock and the only R6 buyable ones are kind of bullshit. That said it isn't game ruining as much as 'oh ubisoft'.

edit: unlock
edit2: that streaming dealie is on soon for those who want another silly charm

unlawfulsoup fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Feb 17, 2018

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
They're removing elas impacts! Yay!

Also lowering damage and further increasing recoil of the scorpion.

Bearing 9 getting nerfed as well, no specifics.

Jedrick fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Feb 17, 2018

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
LMAO they don't know how to fix Castle

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
I'm not sure if that was them teasing a tchanka rework, or them just admitting he's a lost cause

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.

Jedrick posted:

They're removing elas impacts! Yay!

yes good

SMP
May 5, 2009

Deployable shield is loving brutal, god drat. Should have made it a C4.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Jack Trades posted:

Are you sure? You seem to be very upset about something that allegedly doesn't affect you at all.

Speaking for myself, although it doesn't affect me personally either, since I don't buy them, it's still probably distracting to the dev team and management--postponing actually game development, improvement or god, even a sequel--if they think they can keep getting money out of the player base by shifting to this new approach. Ergo, I have my concerns, understand his, and believe you should too.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Jedrick posted:

This isn't going to do jack poo poo because it will still be a 1200rpm laser that only needs one headshot to kill.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
I dunno, you could say that about any gun. A big part of Ela's problem was she could just keep loving holding the trigger down with barely any ill effect, so if this makes that less possible it could be a big change. Also losing impacts is actually gonna be a huge difference.

Also I read a couple of posts on the reddit about being able to ban ops? Can someone that watched the stream elaborate on that? Like you can pick an op to outlaw for the enemy team each round or something?

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Koramei posted:

Like you can pick an op to outlaw for the enemy team each round or something?

Yup. We don't know any more specifics than that, but the implications are already pretty big.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

The Bananana posted:

Speaking for myself, although it doesn't affect me personally either, since I don't buy them, it's still probably distracting to the dev team and management--postponing actually game development, improvement or god, even a sequel--if they think they can keep getting money out of the player base by shifting to this new approach. Ergo, I have my concerns, understand his, and believe you should too.

how long do you think art assets take to make and why do you think it has any effect on the rest of the dev team

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

all the more reason to run shotgun ela ftw

they need to do to her smg what they did to capitao's SAW

Jedrick posted:

Bearing 9 getting nerfed as well, no specifics.

its probably op because i find myself using it more than her loving rifle when i'm breaching

and echo already has a mp5 so its kinda overkill

Qubee
May 31, 2013

high shot per minute secondary guns are insanely OP, especially when they have next to no recoil. they suck for long range, but for breaching and clearing rooms, they're nigh unstoppable, cause the person's dead so fast cause you pump them full of 30 bullets in about 1 second.

I'd love to see the devs add inertia / momentum to the game. it's becoming more and more common for people to millisecond peek corners and dome you the further up gold you climb. would be nice if there was a bit of weight behind movement, so you couldn't zip out from cover, shoot, and then zip back in before a person can react. watching 1v1's during the tense last few seconds of a round are so lame, cause it just consists of both people trying to millisecond peek each other.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Jedrick posted:

I'm not sure if that was them teasing a tchanka rework, or them just admitting he's a lost cause

The latter. Tachanka will forever be the joke op pick.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

This needs to be a gadget

https://youtu.be/7DkV8WE7DFA

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Lion and Finka footage from the Invitational looks pretty nutty.

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

Lemon-Lime posted:

Okay but only if it's an attacker and he uses a bow to do this and also he becomes invisible when in the shadows.

Well on the one hand, he is a Ubisoft character now. On the other hand this would make it harder to pretend the game never existed.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

Lion and Finka footage from the Invitational looks pretty nutty.

Lion's hazmat wristwatch looks alright and tbh anything they do to counter roamers just makes it more engaging to play a class like cav so i guess that's cool

but Finka is bae. a raid healer is absurdly op on paper AND she gets a russian shotgun/PMM brb rerolling mains

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

The recoil reductions is kinda out of control IMO but whatever it's gonna be a fun TTS next week.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

I'm interested to see how an on demand Cav interrogation is going to work for the attackers

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Nebiros posted:

Well on the one hand, he is a Ubisoft character now. On the other hand this would make it harder to pretend the game never existed.

I'm suggesting they put in actual Garrett from actual Thief, not nuThief, which is a game that never happened. :v:

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Feb 17, 2018

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

gimme an op that can steal drones in the prep phase by running around and picking them up then use them during the round

The Duggler posted:

I'm interested to see how an on demand Cav interrogation is going to work for the attackers

also interested in how a regular Cav interrogation is going ever happen against a competent team.

tjones
May 13, 2005

Thief posted:

gimme an op that can steal drones in the prep phase by running around and picking them up then use them during the round

also interested in how a regular Cav interrogation is going ever happen against a competent team.

I would much prefer creative and out of the box operators than this gimmicky nano bot anime alien tech wall hack overwatch poo poo. I like your idea.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
The new Russian op is going to get her team banned from the next Olympics.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

ubisoft already leaked the new map which is called skatepark but has no ramps and introducing this guy:

roaming fast and danger

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo losing impacts will gently caress with ela good. Her ability to blitz through the map will be severly hampered. Thats hilarious.

Also while i agree microtransactions are bullshit and terrible i feel like siege is far from battlefront 2

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

lets just pretend unlocking characters is an anti smurf measure

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Yeah that may be rough but i mean at least they let you open them without buying and though a ton of them are really good ita not like the base ops are the worst.

Have any videos been released for the new ops abilities or is it just soap op bios

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
the only thing the game needs to do is sell complete edition for like, 60 dollars. 90 dollars complete "on sale" is a loving joke

Qubee
May 31, 2013

how can I see all my unlocked skins? the fact that unlocking a skin from an alpha pack doesn't let you automatically equip it means most of my skins get forgotten cause I can't be arsed navigating the shitheap of a UI that is the Operator tab.

they seriously need to refine the UI so it's much faster to swap stuff in and out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

ZeusCannon posted:

Have any videos been released for the new ops abilities or is it just soap op bios

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXV4Sgeyr2c