Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Dexo posted:

Hey I missed the rising stars challenge?

Did Lauri cook?

He was flying off the bench for every team world 3 point attempt, ready to celebrate.

Bogdan, son of Bogdan was on loving fire though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Wow, steph curry sucks rear end

https://twitter.com/Rachel__Nichols/status/964269676502102016

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

😂😂😂😂😂😂

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Silver a snitch

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
They should have the 22 other players lineup on the court wearing reversible jerseys and the captains pick their team schoolyard style in front of the crowd live on TV. As soon as the last player is selected the refs come on and you tip off straight away.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
https://twitter.com/DeMar_DeRozan/status/964818383303688197

I like to see athletes tweeting about mental health issues but :smith:

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Paperback Writer posted:

Silver a snitch

fair, but

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

He was just looking out for Horford/Aldridge/Lowry

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

tanglewood1420 posted:

They should have the 22 other players lineup on the court wearing reversible jerseys and the captains pick their team schoolyard style in front of the crowd live on TV. As soon as the last player is selected the refs come on and you tip off straight away.

nah do shirts vs skins instead

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Rick posted:

while Rubio has had issues finishing at time, he has a first step, Lonzo doesn't have a first step. This is not a great comp.

This is true except totally backwards. Per possession Lonzo gets to the rim more often and finishes slightly better there then Ricky did as a rookie (2 years older).

Their per possessions are really similar, and watching Ball reminds me a ton of rookie Rubio. Ball runs more in transition, keeps a higher pace and uses his size to go above guys a lot, Rubio was a better ball handler with slicker passes, but otherwise they are really similar.

Rick posted:

10/7/7 in the fastest-paced offense in the league with a literal directive from the team president to heavily feature him.

He is #3 in Ast per possession, #7 TRB%, #7 Stl%, even #10 in Blk%. The only other guy who is top 10 in all those is Ben Simmons. Ball is putting together a pretty decent rookie year. Nearly every rookie needs to improve to put together an NBA career, and if Ball can can improve even to average on some of his scoring skills he's going to be a really, really good NBA PG.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Yeah I believe in Ball far more than I do Fultz

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Ball, like many of the posers ITT, is automatically better than Fultz because he is not scared of shooting the ball.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
This mediocre player is better than this poo poo player, especially compared to veteran garbage player.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

https://twitter.com/DeMar_DeRozan/status/964818383303688197

I like to see athletes tweeting about mental health issues but :smith:

I can imagine that the winters up in Toronto don't help much. Probably has a bad case of the winter blues on top of whatever else is bothering him.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

pubic works project posted:

I can imagine that the winters up in Toronto don't help much. Probably has a bad case of the winter blues on top of whatever else is bothering him.

Yeah, I'm glad I live in the South now. gently caress those winters. I got to have a jog outside yesterday in a balmy 80F and flowers everywhere. It makes a difference.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
The cold starts getting to me around February, but at least the sun's out longer. :unsmith: I need my seasons and love it when all the bugs die in autumn. Seasonal Affective Disorder is a real thing that sucks.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

scuz posted:

The cold starts getting to me around February, but at least the sun's out longer. :unsmith: I need my seasons and love it when all the bugs die in autumn. Seasonal Affective Disorder is a real thing that sucks.

Ban this guy for wishing death upon bugs. How dare you

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Cool Buff Man posted:

I’m from Buenos Aires and I say kill em all

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich

pubic works project posted:

Its rap lyrics. I don't think DeMar is having his bell lets talk #mentalhealth moment.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

tanglewood1420 posted:

Yes.

Yes yes yes.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Time posted:

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Cool Buff Man posted:

He just wants the Circle of Life to be fulfilled!!!

No you ain't.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Vivek that's not your trophy
https://twitter.com/Vivek/status/964713777823350785

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

patonthebach posted:

Its rap lyrics. I don't think DeMar is having his bell lets talk #mentalhealth moment.

Probably both. He's not just honking out some rap lyrics for the beat.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Goddamn Vivek looks like Hitler

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

I'm more amused that Bogdans Twitter handle is @LeaderOfHorde. Did he dibs that as a Warcraft playing teenager and never change it when he went pro?

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Cool Buff Man posted:

I was thinking more Bond villain.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/JeffZillgitt/status/964925321932779521

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

I love Doris Burke.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Redgrendel2001 posted:

I was thinking more Bond villain.

Same thing really

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

https://twitter.com/NBA/status/964931094465298432

They're talking!

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Time posted:

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Nash, Hill, Kidd, Allen is a pretty awesome HOF class

e: Nevermind, misread what I saw earlier see that they are all only finalists for the time being.

Jota fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Feb 17, 2018

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Mr. Mambold posted:

Probably both. He's not just honking out some rap lyrics for the beat.
Well who doesn't enjoy honking out rap lyrics from time to time

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Cool Buff Man posted:

Looks more like a pedo who'd love to groom strapping young men if he was a billionaire

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Well who doesn't enjoy honking out rap lyrics from time to time

Me. They're garbage. Try some Shakespeare rear end in a top hat

jus kiddn' but not really kiddn' about Shakespeare

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Oladipo gif of the day:

https://twitter.com/Pacers/status/964950906360877057

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Rick posted:

10/7/7 in the fastest-paced offense in the league with a literal directive from the team president to heavily feature him. Ricky Rubio wasn't drafted as one of Europe's worst pick and roll players, and has always been at least an okay pro P&R player and while Rubio has had issues finishing at time, he has a first step, Lonzo doesn't have a first step. This is not a great comp.

Lonzo is okay defensively but being a world class defensive point guard and having $100 will get you a G-league tryout so that's not a reason to draft a PG over another one unless you're scared he's going to be unplayable.

Fultz was an excellent P&R player amongst all his other strengths, he was at least okay defensively, so yes, I would draft the guy with the broken shot behind the other guy with broken shot who had a game that was much more compatible with post-1994 basketball assuming he can even get to NBA minimum shooting levels.
And the thing that's all the more worrying is how much better the Lakers have been playing without him in the lineup. For all his shooting issues, at least when Ricky Rubio wasn't on the court in Minnesota their offense was typically quite a bit worse off.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Crazy Ted posted:

And the thing that's all the more worrying is how much better the Lakers have been playing without him in the lineup. For all his shooting issues, at least when Ricky Rubio wasn't on the court in Minnesota their offense was typically quite a bit worse off.

They have a better record with him playing than they do in games he didn't play this season. His +/- is one of the best on the team.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/LakeShowFamily/status/964610548301213701

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Lockback posted:

They have a better record with him playing than they do in games he didn't play this season. His +/- is one of the best on the team.
But their offense is a +4 points per 100 possessions when he's not in the game, and in these last 15 games he's missed the Lakers have won more than they've lost.

He's been a real mixed bag this year, and it's looking like Ball is going to be more of a project than his short college career indicated.

• Locked thread