Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Gobblecoque posted:

I hope at some point you get the opportunity to start using polearms instead of just dinky little swords and axes. Halberds and the like are just plain cooler than boring ol swords and also enemies with them seem to be absolute monsters.

I think you can steal some in Talmberg's guard areas, or at least one of them in the side guard rooms (not armory or the guard shack in town, I think).

Edit: I think the thing I like the most about the game is that I am constantly running out of cash. I'm down to about the amount I had walking around the starting village, all because I spent money buying and repairing all my expensive armor. I still need to get so much more though, like alchemy recipes, skillbooks, adornments for my horse that helps with riding, armor upgrades, washing services, better weaponry, arrows, and probably sink a bunch of money into boosting my rep with that one town that hated me. I'd have had to pay even more just to get all the armor I have if I hadn't taken it from bandits or cumans at some points. I know there are probably ways to break the game, but even as I pickpocket, lockpick or grab money from quests I'm still always poor at the end of the day. It isn't like a lot of these games were you have to invent money sinks because you're always way too rich. And there's probably more ways to spend money coming as I advance the main quest.

evilmiera fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Feb 17, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
man, bows are loving strong. you can take down the most heavily armoured enemies very quickly if you can maintain any kind of distance. it's the only reason i am able to clear out the later raider camps.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Found a good place to do some higher level lockpicking. In Rattay in the place where you get the roses there's a very hard lock that resets when a guard goes through the door, which happens quite often. I can open that lock starting at level 9.

I think there should've been more levels of lock hardness since there are some very hard locks that I can't attempt, but can do others

It resets every time a guard walks through it. So once every minute you get to lockpick it twice

Jusupov fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Feb 17, 2018

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lockpicking loving sucks

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
gently caress i think i bugged out one of the kill quests. i've gone to the place one's meant to be and it's empty. slightly to the north is a camp which i cleared out because it was close to the road and some cumans ambushed me when i stopped while travelling along it. goddamn

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Thread title sucks

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
I have no idea where to get more lockpicks

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer

Firstborn posted:

Thread title sucks

Agreed. Whichever mod or whoever changed it should think of a better one. :effort:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Patrat posted:

The trick seems to be to take your time, watch the enemy then mash block as soon as you see them attacking to get a riposte, followed by pressing in and stabbing them in the face. Get in a few hits as they stagger but pull back as soon as your stamina is getting low.

Also train, spend enough time sparring to get your physical stats and weapon skills to five or so, it makes a huge difference as does armour.

Ripostes don't trigger for me most of the time even if I get the block animation. I'm having a real trouble figuring out what I'm doing wrong. I've already started falling back to street brawls and training to boost up my levels so I guess I'm just going to do more of that.

Vastakaiun
Apr 16, 2008

Yeah the lack of clear feedback in combat is really frustrating to me. Most of the time I can't even tell if I blocked an attack or not. Ripostes I've only ever seen in training.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
going to echo frustration there. only thing i can usually figure out is when something ahrd lands, because the lifebar on the bottom left moves. against the tougher enemies that parry or riposte everything you do i pull out my bow and go for point blank range headshots. irritating because i feel like the melee system actually does have a lot to it.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Firstborn posted:

Thread title sucks
Kingdom Come: Nothingburgher

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

The game has sort of a weird "blur" over everything. I see a bunch of reshade mods on the nexus. Anyone have a suggestion for one?

Patrat
Feb 14, 2012

MiddleOne posted:

Ripostes don't trigger for me most of the time even if I get the block animation. I'm having a real trouble figuring out what I'm doing wrong. I've already started falling back to street brawls and training to boost up my levels so I guess I'm just going to do more of that.

Apparently it depends on your combat stats, the more skilled Harry is the more likely you are to get a riposte. Which is key, because they are vitally important!

My new and exciting but for today was that I had a practice fight spar with and beat the guard captain at Rattay, then the game decided that I had attacked and beaten on him and he tried to arrest me then fine me nearly two thousand monies. Definitely makes me glad I have the save anywhere mod installed.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Answer to my own question:

https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/2?tab=description

Took 3 minutes to set up and removes the weird... fog hanging over everything.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Got a quest of mine broken. In Talmberg you got to find out about the Hare, and that Thomas guy is just stuck in an intersection not moving and can't talk to him. One of the pointers is to listen to some gossip but it points to a place where there's nothing and I don't have high enough speech to get the third remaining option to talk more.

Is there a good way of getting more speech stat? I'm at 11 and that's not enough

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Diogines posted:

Answer to my own question:

https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/2?tab=description

Took 3 minutes to set up and removes the weird... fog hanging over everything.

...and 3 minutes later, uninstalled it. The weird fog over everything is not ideal, but without it a lot of small graphical anomalies pop up.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

I want to love this game, there is so much in it that’s great, but I just broke all my lock picks during pesheks lockpicking ‘tutorial’ and now have to reload a save from 45 mins ago and poo poo like that just makes me not want to play it

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

It is a little hosed up that the "Courtship" quest for Theresa apparently just....ends...after you have sex. Theresa is a ride or die lady, I kinda wanted her and Henry to have an actual relationship? The achievements being tied to sleeping with people is also kinda on the nose.

It sends a pretty hosed up message, anyway.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

free hubcaps posted:

I want to love this game, there is so much in it that’s great, but I just broke all my lock picks during pesheks lockpicking ‘tutorial’ and now have to reload a save from 45 mins ago and poo poo like that just makes me not want to play it

Devs are working on a patch for lock picking and bunch of other stuff.

Dunno if you’re playing on pc, but it’s much easier. Lock picking hasn’t been an issue for me.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
The hardest quest for me so far was just after the title screen and you have to run through the red fog to your parents but you can only see about 10 feet in front of you. It took me forever to find the trigger point to continue.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
So, anyone found any good way to raise archery?

So far my best tactic is to sneak up on rabbits from like a foot away

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

VanillaGorilla posted:

It is a little hosed up that the "Courtship" quest for Theresa apparently just....ends...after you have sex. Theresa is a ride or die lady, I kinda wanted her and Henry to have an actual relationship? The achievements being tied to sleeping with people is also kinda on the nose.

Shocking that Vavra would put hosed up stuff about gender and sexuality in his game lol

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Firstborn posted:

Thread title sucks

There were some good titles posted a few days ago but I don't remember them

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Party Plane Jones posted:

If you get arrested in Skalitz before the tutorial is over you burn to death in the jail.

This game.

Alt-right Bohemia is apparently metal as gently caress.

Also, what the gently caress is this about lockpicking a pig woman?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Patrat posted:

Apparently it depends on your combat stats, the more skilled Harry is the more likely you are to get a riposte. Which is key, because they are vitally important!

Really? Now it suddenly seems more reasonable that the system feels so unpredictable.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Also, holy poo poo. The little "What the gently caress is wrong with you?" pose he does right before he kicks really helps make this. :allears:

Someone needs to make a mod that enables wuxia style kung fu kicks to occur on the regular.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Feb 17, 2018

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

tbf having the shagging be the the endpoint of a romance is pretty standard in video games

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

TomViolence posted:

tbf having the shagging be the the endpoint of a romance is pretty standard in video games

a bit concerning, re: educational factor

OutofSight
May 4, 2017

VanillaGorilla posted:

I wouldn't call Bioware romances more sophisticated.

In every video game the definition of "romance" is (getting) hosed.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

free hubcaps posted:

Kick his rear end and take his key. Or get your friends to help kick his rear end. Or sneak up on him, choke his rear end, then take the key. Or sneak up on someone else isolated, steal their stuff, sell it.

You don't need that stuff specifically, just a small amount of money.

Vastakaiun
Apr 16, 2008

I thought I was hot poo poo with my impenetrable armor that I could handle a camp full of bandits with... until a cuman with an axe took half of my health in one combo. :staredog: What kinda damage do axes do, anyway?

Also, has anyone found a helmet better than the pre-order/kickstarter Warhorse helmet? Its 25 slash/stab defense is loads better than anything else I've come across, but I'd really like a change.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Vastakaiun posted:

I thought I was hot poo poo with my impenetrable armor that I could handle a camp full of bandits with... until a cuman with an axe took half of my health in one combo. :staredog: What kinda damage do axes do, anyway?

Also, has anyone found a helmet better than the pre-order/kickstarter Warhorse helmet? Its 25 slash/stab defense is loads better than anything else I've come across, but I'd really like a change.

Where is that located?

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha
the bugged out constant "HENRY HAS COME TO SEE US!" in the middle of cutscenes and dialogue is so fuckin distracting. Like there's a cool bit with the priest where you have to give a sermon and all the way through the congregation is just saying "HELLO HENRY" over and over again -- it's ridiculous.

Really I should forget this for 6 months and wait for some patches, but it's good enough that I wanna keep playing now.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

OutofSight posted:

I mean Witcher 3 has relationships that both involve sex and provide continuing narrative beyond the point at which you bang for the first time.

So does like every romance in DA:I and most other Bioware games. I’m not saying it has to be Shakespeare, I’m just saying it’s dumb that you gently caress and that’s it. She doesn’t even mention your relationship in dialogue after that point.

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD

OutofSight posted:

ur concept of bioware romance is stuck around 2008-2012 game design

with modern bioware it depends on the character & route u take how sophisticated it’ll be, and how much they explor the relationship after u catch feels

inquisition’s TRespasser dlc also takes time to explore how ur relationship grows after the main quest ends and where u wanna take it now that ur in a long term relationship with bae

tbh don’t know how mass effect andromeda deals with romance, probably not good like the rest of the game but inquisition is the best place to look at how bioware evolved and would like 2 design & write relationships in future titles when they aren’t on a death march or making a destiny clone

TEENAGE WITCH fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Feb 17, 2018

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Mass Effect 2 was the peak of bad Bioware romance writing. Even worse than Dragon Age 2.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

MiddleOne posted:

Mass Effect 2 was the peak of bad Bioware romance writing. Even worse than Dragon Age 2.

The weird thing is that the Theresa romance is (so far at least) actually well written moment to moment, it's just wham bam thank you ma'am over

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I boned the Russian/alien chick with a mask on in Mass Effect 2. It's a deep game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Seriously though where do I get more lockpicks