Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
The Mets went shark fishing tonight. Which is already a hell of a loving sentence.

Also Donald Trump Jr showed up.

https://twitter.com/John_Edwards_/status/964655138186125313

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I have wasted so much time and energy defending Matt Harvey. So very much.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
More people lose limbs playing for the Mets than shark fishing.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Inspector_666 posted:

The Mets went shark fishing tonight. Which is already a hell of a loving sentence.

Is that Harvey and the loving Manager?

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
https://twitter.com/doug_hanks/status/964649297412321280

Take Loria down, Miami

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Good, I hope they get something out of it

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
That shark is probably endangered.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I think the distance from "I can't wait for spring training games to start" to "I can't believe how long and boring spring training is" is around 4 innings.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i wonder if jason heyward has unveiled his annual swing

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

quote:

Rockies infield prospect Brendan Rodgers arrived at Spring Training and now looks like a grown-rear end man.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
https://twitter.com/CaitlinSwieca/status/964536939528548353

Well played, giveaway team

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Cruel and hilarious

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I don't get it

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

I don't get it

you might have heard about some rain at a recent prominent indians/cubs game

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Freddie Freeman had lasik and added a protective layer of swole rear end muscle to the wrist that keeps getting broken, MVP for sure

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Freddie Freeman had lasik and added a protective layer of swole rear end muscle to the wrist that keeps getting broken, MVP for sure

Our beautiful large adult son, reporting for duty

Only registered members can see post attachments!

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

IcePhoenix posted:

I don't get it

https://twitter.com/James_Dator/status/794026949773430784

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Giants signed Tony Watson. They should just go over the luxury tax and sign Arrieta and JDM.

Arm_Fruit
Jul 1, 2013

R.D. Mangles posted:

i wonder if jason heyward has unveiled his annual swing

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfQ6xwTnlhj/?hl=en&taken-by=cubs

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Inspector_666 posted:

Dammit Harvey I defended you to people and genuinely hoped you'd be treated to a team actually willing to give you a second chance. :mad:

Rand alPaul posted:

Giants signed Tony Watson. They should just go over the luxury tax and sign Arrieta and JDM.

I was surprised even in the depressed market how long it took for Watson to get signed. Sure he proved to be loving abysmal in save situations, but he's a fantastic setup guy who can get both lefties and righties out. Maybe FO's don't like his peripherals or something? The guy has outperformed his FIP literally every season of his career though: this is what extreme ground ball pitchers do.

secular woods sex
Aug 1, 2000
I dispense wisdom by the gallon.
I am v. glad that Mickey Callaway revealed himself as a shark hunting Trump associate after he left my team.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

R.D. Mangles posted:

you might have heard about some rain at a recent prominent indians/cubs game

Oh right, I'm an idiot

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Hotdog In A Hallway posted:

I am v. glad that Mickey Callaway revealed himself as a shark hunting Trump associate after he left my team.

I'm not glad at all that he revealed himself as a shark hunting Trump associate after he joined my team

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
Why the gently caress do you guys keep feigning surprise at finding out pro athletes are lovely people

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

Why the gently caress do you guys keep feigning surprise at finding out pro athletes are lovely people

Most athletes are young, dumb, and full of money. Honestly it shouldn't be that surprising.

Taking Trump Jr. out of the equation for a second, who the hell thought a team building exercise involving sharks was a good idea?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Why would Mets PR people even allow this, you’d be an idiot to think having a Trump adjacent to your team wouldn’t start a fire that’s very hard to put out

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Armitage posted:

Most athletes are young, dumb, and full of money. Honestly it shouldn't be that surprising.

Taking Trump Jr. out of the equation for a second, who the hell thought a team building exercise involving sharks was a good idea?

Somewhere, the guy who writes the contracts for the team adds "shark fishing" to the boilerplate of "Things the signatory is not allowed to do for risk of injury"

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Carlosologist posted:

Why would Mets PR people even allow this, you’d be an idiot to think having a Trump adjacent to your team wouldn’t start a fire that’s very hard to put out

On top of shark fishing which is contentious enough already.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Popete posted:

On top of shark fishing which is contentious enough already.

Yeah, beyond the danger itself of interacting with various shark species, a lot of the species are facing threatened status, which of course makes it even more appealing to all the shitheads out there.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
It's Lunar New Year this weekend, wonder if they made shark fin soup to top it all off.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
In less horrifying news, these three very orange giants fans are excited about the Watson signing :3:

https://twitter.com/Mark_Melancon_/status/964900860399702016

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

It's so flat again :sigh:

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Carlosologist posted:

Don Junior was asking for advice on how to keep domestic abusers on the payroll without a massive PR backlash.

FakePoet
Feb 6, 2006

Woo. Pig. Sooie.

Hot Rope Guy

Armitage posted:

Is Jim McElwain working for the Mets?

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
I kind of wonder how the whole meeting even came about. Did Trump Jr. wake up one day and say "I want to hang out with some baseball mans today," or did a bunch of Mets players decide that they wanted to hang out with some rich dude that they have little in common with? Or do their agents just have roulette wheels that they use to play celebrity matchmaker?

Weirder still, were they just independently shark fishing in the same area and just ran into each other? Is this a country club thing?

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

Poque posted:

Looks like another gidp year is coming up!

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Poque posted:

This link originally comes as Bryant jumping rope for me and I was so confused what about him was flat and why that was a bad thing.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Spoeank posted:

In less horrifying news, these three very orange giants fans are excited about the Watson signing :3:

https://twitter.com/Mark_Melancon_/status/964900860399702016

I wonder what it's like to have Mark Melancon and three tiny Mark Melancon clones living in your house.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Cardinals signed Jason Motte to a minor league deal. They really are just flinging poo poo at the wall and seeing what sticks for the bullpen.

Chicks dig non-stop FASTBALLS.

Curve? gently caress That
Change up? Too Slow
Knuckleball? Knuckle your rear end.

Fastball all day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sydin posted:

I was surprised even in the depressed market how long it took for Watson to get signed. Sure he proved to be loving abysmal in save situations, but he's a fantastic setup guy who can get both lefties and righties out. Maybe FO's don't like his peripherals or something? The guy has outperformed his FIP literally every season of his career though: this is what extreme ground ball pitchers do.

Me too. I thought he had held out for a large return and the Giants were reluctantly going over the cap. He's worth way more than that.

• Locked thread