Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

According to Mcgregors social media hes back in the gym, and as we know hes a lazy bastard and wouldn't be there for no reason, so maybe he'll fight this year? (He's fighting Tyron Woodley.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mewse
May 2, 2006

Southpaugh posted:

According to Mcgregors social media hes back in the gym, and as we know hes a lazy bastard and wouldn't be there for no reason, so maybe he'll fight this year? (He's fighting Tyron Woodley.)

Three belts, baby

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
He's like Ric Flair; only he uses a limousine and a private jet to get away from fights.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Marching Powder posted:

*scribbling rain man equations across three blackboards* THE MAN IS INTENSELY UNLIKABLE PEOPLE. FOR FUCKS SAKE HE HAS *points with ruler* ZERO CHARISMA, BEATS WOMEN, FIGHTS LIKE HE'S TRYING TO WORK UP THE COURAGE TO ASK HIS FIRST BOYFRIEND OUT AND PEOPLE ARE PAYING HIM 300 MILLION TO FIGHT A FILO POLITICIAN?!

Weird meltdown

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

mewse posted:

Three belts, baby

Wehehe, I do think Woodley would legitimately kill him though.

Neeber
Nov 29, 2007
If he dies, he dies.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Is this one of those things where it is live-streamed and they allow open questions? I vaguely recall the last time Jones appeared in one of these being a complete clusterfuck (and extremely entertaining)?

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Does ufc still stream the ridiculous nsac hearings?

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
I'm actually pretty excited about this one. Malki Kawa is telling anyone who will listen that Jones will not only get off, but fight by the end of the year.

There's no reason to believe him whatsoever, but I'd still like to see the proceedings.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
ATTN INRI (and I guess pimp cauldron)
Was at the bike show, and Conor McGregor's training bike was there. The paint job is pretty impresive.

His cardio coach was junior national cycling champ and told Conor to cross-train cycling. He went from some cheapo Chinese knockoff bike to this, which is prob 8-10k street price.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
That’s a cool bike

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Saw this on Reddit and literally laughed my rear end off

Only registered members can see post attachments!

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Gus clapped back at DC
https://www.instagram.com/p/BfRW2N5nesP/?taken-by=alexthemauler

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
I think you mean Gus #FinishedTheFight.

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

And you, you ridiculous people, you expect me to help you.

I've been totally out of the loop: what do you all think about the DC Stipe matchup?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Stipe is going to beat the poo poo out of DC and make him cry again.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

JHomer722 posted:

I've been totally out of the loop: what do you all think about the DC Stipe matchup?

Honestly, I think DC will wrestle the poo poo out of Stipe and win a fairly boring decision.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Can I get some hot takes on curling?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

...and the pitch! posted:

Can I get some hot takes on curling?

It's good.

kensei posted:

Saw this on Reddit and literally laughed my rear end off

Reminder that Conor said during the Aldo build up that he said "I will be an active champion".

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Josuke Higashikata posted:

It's good.

Reminder that Conor said during the Aldo build up that he said "I will be an active champion".

There's no claim that the activity will be specifically fight related so technically true.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The best kind of true

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

kimbo305 posted:

Was at the bike show, and Conor McGregor's training bike was there. The paint job is pretty impresive.

His cardio coach was junior national cycling champ and told Conor to cross-train cycling. He went from some cheapo Chinese knockoff bike to this, which is prob 8-10k street price.

thats a nice bike, its better than the one i race on and definitely way more expensive. i knew he was cycling to train for his 2nd nate fight and personally i think more fighters should pay attention to cardio since there's no real reason they can't all be as fit as the diaz brothers. he should have gotten in touch with sean kelly though

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
like look at the dramatic improvements he made between fight 1 and 2. he went from crashing and burning in round 2 to matching diaz's pace over 5 rounds. true he started to tire in i think rd 3 but diaz wasnt far behind him in that fight

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The finer details of the detailing (hur) are surprisingly subtle for McGregor.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

kimbo305 posted:

He still gassed very, very badly against floyd but at leasts hes training cardio

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

david carmichael posted:

He still gassed very, very badly against floyd but at leasts hes training cardio

Fighting one of the best defensive elusive boxers in the world would gas just about anyone though to be fair

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Kilometers Davis posted:

Fighting one of the best defensive elusive boxers in the world would gas just about anyone though to be fair

Conor doesn't need that to gas badly and it's kind of sad how little the bike work did for him.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

david carmichael posted:

Being able to box for 9 rounds with a boxer so far above your level it was considered a circus fight in his first professional boxing match was the most impressive display of gas I've seen from Conor. He was actually still fighting about 5 rounds past where I expected him to gas and die.

.... Conor McGregor.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Conor doesn't need that to gas badly and it's kind of sad how little the bike work did for him.

Are you kidding? His Cardio lasted 3 x longer than anyone predicted and it's not as if he ever fell over. He landed more shots that Pac. I dislike Connor immensely but that's unfair.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
There are professional boxers with half a hundred fights that are completely gassed in the championship rounds - only 3-6 minutes more than Conor - and they're fighting people that don't completely outclass them so severely that everyone is only watching to see when exactly it is they die.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
he punches himself out which can get you even if you have good cardio

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Happy Cowboy day, y'all

edit: lol, just now checked out the faceoffs from yesterday, and Yancy Medeiros came to the stage with a gift for Cowboy. (skip to 3 minutes)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wshQ1nz2CKo

Rigel fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Feb 18, 2018

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Happy day where I have to forget that Cerrone is a Trump lover who can’t stop saying homophobic poo poo.

Cerrone owns and I hope he does some redneck video game kung fu combos.

e: oh neat it’s fight pass oh well

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Everyone does realize that Mayweather took the first 4 rounds of that fight off and let Conor punch himself out right? It's not like Floyd was dancing around the ring and making Conor chase him.

Also, not coincidentally Conor gassed after about 10 minutes.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
cowboy should change his name to jetski cuzzinbanger

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation
Floyd was losing and the typical crooked boxing ref stopped the fight illegally

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Skip My Posts posted:

he punches himself out which can get you even if you have good cardio

Yeah. And not just in yhe literal sense of punching. He throws yhe same capoeira combos in every fight, throws a pile of kicks and straight lefts, snd then immediately slows down. It would takr a lot of bike work to get to the point to maintain his early pace/pressure for 3 rounds, let alone five

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Normally conor works really hard to keep a fight at just the right range where his opponent has to move into conors range to engage, shoot or try to clinch. Against eddie he didnt have to do anything because eddie just volunteered to always wander into yhe pocket and circle into conors left. Even after the fight eddie was like "what the gently caress was i doing". Conor wont gas in fights like that

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Kilometers Davis posted:

Happy day where I have to forget that Cerrone is a Trump lover who can’t stop saying homophobic poo poo.

Cerrone owns and I hope he does some redneck video game kung fu combos.

e: oh neat it’s fight pass oh well

Website says it's FS1 but if you are not in FreedomLand then I got nothing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaFrugalGamer
Aug 6, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Conor wins the fight before it starts, he use mind games from Sun Tzus The Art of War.

• Locked thread