Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah

https://youtu.be/nhjLCPokpQI?t=2m50s
“Dressed bottom to top in leather looking like bacon and Vaseline”

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Disney just strikes me as the type of corporate machine that doesn't like to take risks at all and this seems like a risk to me, so I don't know why they allowed it to happen but I'm glad they did.

What's risky about it? I haven't listened to the album other than the singles, but it seems like they've released a black super hero film and accompanied it with a soundtrack made up of a majority black genre of music, which is also the most popular genre of music in the world at the moment.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

Tolkien minority posted:

I really love dan the automators production

This also owns hard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7FxVSDLonY

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Mickolution posted:

What's risky about it? I haven't listened to the album other than the singles, but it seems like they've released a black super hero film and accompanied it with a soundtrack made up of a majority black genre of music, which is also the most popular genre of music in the world at the moment.

Regardless of how much business sense it makes, it's still cognitively jarring to hear lyrics like these on "a Disney album":

quote:

Brown bodies that the blues wanna shoot through

quote:

La di da di da, slob on me knob
Pass me some syrup, gently caress me in the car
La di da di da, mothafuck the law
Chitty chitty bang, murder everything

quote:

gently caress integrity, gently caress your pedigree, gently caress your feelings, gently caress your culture
gently caress your moral, gently caress your family, gently caress your tribe
gently caress your land, gently caress your children, gently caress your wives

I know there's probably minimal real involvement, but they must've signed off on it at some level.

JustWalkedIn
Jul 18, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUqRem0W8L8

God's Plan vid dropped.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
I don't think Disney really cares about the soundtrack beyond, "Kendrick wants to do the soundtrack for this album, and black people love Kendrick right? Yeah just let him do whatever, it'll be fine". I think they've been smart enough about Black Panther to just leave the marketing to actual black people instead of trying to focus-group things to appeal to everyone

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

People can say it's a stunt and all that but at the end of the day he helped people out and that's cool.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I've stopped caring about it being a "stunt" so long as I'm pretty sure the person doing it isn't an rear end in a top hat who holds contradictory views but is only doing it for pub.

Pretty sure Drake isn't that so yeah it's dope

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

I liked it

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Hell yeah I liked Gods Plan video more than the song. Drake seems like a good guy even if he is corny as gently caress

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

bows1 posted:

a good guy even if he is corny as gently caress
That's being Canadian. :canada:

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
black panther music usage spoilers for anyone curious: pray for me appears in a club scene in the movie, and a minute or so of opps is used in a car chase, though we only hear one line from vince before his verse is faded out in favor of the instrumental lol. felt almost like cameos, though i think maybe one other song is used as an instrumental or something? and of course all the stars is the credits music

one of the early credits (in the part before the first of two post credits scenes, and before it switches to a generic crawl) is "Original songs by Kendrick Lamar," so they do consider him a selling point, but the soundtrack album itself doesn't get advertised until late in the credits reel, so. it's interesting framing and you get the sense they want to thread the needle of "we made a big well-selling album with a huge star we wanna tell people about" and "oh god we're disney what have we done"

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Feb 16, 2018

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I think I remember hearing X's instrumental

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
drat that drake vid owns, Good Guy Drake

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
imagine hating on Drake in 2018

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
https://open.spotify.com/album/4pmiXvFIULaAHH3zCkRGMU

YG - Suu Whoop

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

GZA Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Drake video is dope. I'm glad it's blowing up the internet

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah
Drake is the corniest human being alive but props for doing something nice even if it’s just copying a blink 182 video from 2001

I’m drunk but still drake sucks

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

goes.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Robert Analog posted:

Drake is the corniest human being alive but props for doing something nice even if it’s just copying a blink 182 video from 2001

I’m drunk but still drake sucks

More chune for your head top

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

I AM BRAWW posted:

imagine hating on Drake in 2018

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
Drake loving owns and he’s killing it in 2018

2 dope singles
A great migos feature
And then this which surely is gonna blow the gently caress up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NV-3s2wwC8c

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

I’m from Toronto and I respect the gently caress out of drake and think he’s a great dude but his music is not fun to listen to at all

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

New Kodak and young dolph are both good. So is s.dots new tape, and there’s a couple bangers on the new wifisfuneral. Trippple cross by scooter thug and future is also fire

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
This is hilarious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSJew_5OT_Q

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
He absolutely loving owns that track eat it haters la di da di da slob on me knob

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Person who said Drake owns misspelled “owned”

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I think I love that Future part more and more every time I hear it

It's so goddamn stupid and it makes me laugh so loving hard

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Once I’d listened to the song enough times to be able to remember it was coming I stopped hating it. but I can’t bring myself to like it

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!
Copy Pasting my post from the Recommendation thread where I got no help...

God drat I REALLY hope someone can hook me up here. I got a fever and the only remedy is more poo poo like this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SXrq1B4-qE

Already on Run the Jewels. They have a similar sound too. I have a workout playlist with hard-hitting hip hop tracks like this. Can anyone hook me up with some jams/artists that sound hard-hitting like these dudes?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
In before 5 posts in a row about how RTJ are crap and Mike needs to go back to doing solo stuff

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I think I love that Future part more and more every time I hear it

It's so goddamn stupid and it makes me laugh so loving hard

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

goddamn hell yes

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
I can't stop listening to "MLK" by Young Thug. It's definitely my favorite track of his since Family Don't Matter, and I really enjoyed Super Slimey.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Hope Young Thug drops an album soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Housh posted:

Hope Young Thug drops an album soon.

Didn't Alex Tumay (Thug's engineer) tweet out something a bit ago saying an album was coming? I want one real bad too.