Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

All of my 7 placement matches or whatever we're against money and now it's Love mirrors nonstop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Crawfish posted:

Ugh, the people that spend the whole round camping the cannon on our side are baddddddd.

Use it a bit and then push forward, the central cannon is far more important, and taking out their cannon is more useful than spending the whole round in ours.

Worse is two people lining up to jump in after the first guy dies, ugh

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The coolest poo poo I've seen was somebody on the other team use 2 well placed curling bombs to coast the coast the map with nobody realizing and take our cannon and smoke us from behind. Wish I could have taken a pic of the map to preserve the beauty of their shots, the angles were impeccable

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
I just lost a 2 vs 3 match. Sorry, Team Money.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
It's love v love like 6 times in a row for me.

Don't think I'm even going to make Queen today..... Tentacle Difficulties is more enticing than adding to my snail horde

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I've started to develop a theory I've titled Team Splat Parity or "loving teammates need to suck less so I don't get flanked constantly and drat it would you idiots stop charging down the middle gently caress"

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

The games where I've lost to team money were mostly on Kelp Dome and mostly because they somehow locked down any and every path to the middle to the point that we got stuck in our own end. I'd blame my teammates but I couldn't do poo poo either so...

But I think I'm like 5-3 against team money so that's a plus at least.

Roll Fizzlebeef
Sep 9, 2003

I love this shifty station!

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

This shift station is great, indeed. Wish my teams were less timid and didn't get totally overwhelmed every game.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Love King at 18-14, power 2055.1. not bad, but I was also matched up with a few straight up shitawful teams, had a couple matches where we got spawn camped because motherfuckers just kept charging to their deaths.

Who's up for team matchups? I've never done teams in splatfest before.

In Training posted:

All of my 7 placement matches or whatever we're against money and now it's Love mirrors nonstop

I think only like 5/7 of my placement matches were vs money, and like half my regular matches.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
money king with 19w-7l, eat poo poo sexhavers

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Reached Love royalty with a score of 19-8. Highest power was 2316.6. Out of all those matches, I scored 7-4 against money. Well i guess we know who took the popular vote. I was honestly expecting money to have the popular vote.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Dr. Fetus posted:

Reached Love royalty with a score of 19-8. Highest power was 2316.6. Out of all those matches, I scored 7-4 against money. Well i guess we know who took the popular vote. I was honestly expecting money to have the popular vote.

Valentine's day was pretty recent

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

10 games without shifty station and now the switch keeps on getting communication errors and I'm wired. :sigh: Maybe I'll be able to play in a couple of hours or something.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I want this shifty station in the game like, yesterday. It is tremendous fun, and I bet they could dress it up with a killer theme from the single player, like a parking garage or something

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

In Training posted:

I want this shifty station in the game like, yesterday. It is tremendous fun, and I bet they could dress it up with a killer theme from the single player, like a parking garage or something

Maybe they could put cannons in Moray Towers, it better yet, replace Moray Towers entirely

Randumb Thots
Apr 5, 2015
A battlefield left over from the Great Turf War, with WWI trenches and cannons up above in No Man's Land. And replacing Moray Towers.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

https://twitter.com/gsc_kahotan/status/965019300494012416
Splatoon figma announced.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

raditts posted:

Maybe they could put cannons in Moray Towers, it better yet, replace Moray Towers entirely

It would be cool if they put every gimmick in Moray Towers. Cannons, ink rails, sponges, boost pads, the roller things that shoot out when you ink them, the conveyer belts from S1 maps, and a water level transformation at 1 minute left

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Made it to Love Queen, won some, lost some, but I only ever lost one match against Money, so I'm keeping the tally strong. I didn't end there but my power level peak was 2270.

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Started this splatfest terribly but managed Love King with 19-15.

https://twitter.com/jetpackhewy/status/965041676501659648

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think the perfect game in my mind, for Splatoon 3, would be all these maps, and also Saltspray Rig, all the weapon balance etc 1:1, with Player Servers. So I could, for instance, host a 24/7 BBS Clam Blitz server. Or join a turf war random, or a Tower Control best of. Give power to the players, and then this experience would be something I would play for a half hour every day of my life for years

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If I could come home in the evening, every day and play 2 or 3 matches of splat zones Reef...god, that would be heaven

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

My W/L ratio to get to Money King was 19/15 in the end.

Did pretty drat well last night, got to 60/99 champion pretty quick, and then got just the worst teams this morning, so the last 39 points were mostly losses worth 2 points.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Went 18-13 to Love King, but if I adjust for only Money vs Love battles it's a less stellar 6-8.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

What are people's splatfest power rankings coming out of this? Not sure how good being in the 1900s is, since everyone seems to be in the 2k range.

Then again, I'm still B+ in normal ranked v:shobon:v

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

2400+ is usually when players start getting logged into the top 100 players.

1900 is fairly on the low end of the top players, I believe? I've seen powers go as low as 1200.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dad Jokes posted:

What are people's splatfest power rankings coming out of this? Not sure how good being in the 1900s is, since everyone seems to be in the 2k range.

The only people posting in this thread still are generally pretty drat good. Not like, top 50 in the world good, but 2300 is on the top percentile of matchmaking

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I would roughly, very roughly, say that 1800-1900 vs 2000+ is somewhere near what separates A rank from S rank. I got to watch someone else play who more hovers in that range vs where I play in both cases. The main difference is aim abilities and really grasping stage strategy. Which seems to be the difference when I'd get kicked out of Splatoon 1's shared S rank vs A.

Leaf Lock
Oct 21, 2010

:duckie:Caprisun Major:duckie:

Dad Jokes posted:

Pretty disappointed. I usually do better, but being on Team Love is not easy. S+ starts around 2100.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Made it to 96/99 :negative:.

BristolSOF
Jan 19, 2003
Does anybody know if the new Splatoon 2 Starter Edition will have local split screen multiplayer?

if not, why not

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BristolSOF posted:

Does anybody know if the new Splatoon 2 Starter Edition will have local split screen multiplayer?

if not, why not

The console has to render dynamic ink splatter, and that adds up in RAM and processing power if it has to try to render it up to four times on top of the usual assets AND still keep an even 30fps.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

BristolSOF posted:

if not, why not

It's not a different version of the game, it just includes a bunch of other physical stuff with the game for the same $60 MSRP to convince people to buy that haven't already.

BristolSOF
Jan 19, 2003

Astro7x posted:

It's not a different version of the game, it just includes a bunch of other physical stuff with the game for the same $60 MSRP to convince people to buy that haven't already.

thanks for the info

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The console has to render dynamic ink splatter, and that adds up in RAM and processing power if it has to try to render it up to four times on top of the usual assets AND still keep an even 30fps.

so you're saying there's a chance?

Heck - I take a two person split screen with a reduction in gfx quality / video resolution

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

BristolSOF posted:

if not, why not

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The actual reason was because the Battle Dojo in Splatoon 1 wasn't used all that often, so they decided to focus their efforts on other aspects of the game instead.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Dr. Fetus posted:

The actual reason was because the Battle Dojo in Splatoon 1 wasn't used all that often, so they decided to focus their efforts on other aspects of the game instead.

The battle dojo was a laughably tacked-on thing and didn't even provide a comparative multiplayer experience.

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

went 19-8 for team love and ended at 2341.8, had to hard carry a lot but still lost quite a handful. oh well. team love more like team screwed

i really like this shade of pink tho can i keep it

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I stayed the whole day between 2000-2100 power, so I would say this was a decent Splatfest. Not my best but I had a few awesome matches where we managed to pull through at the last second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Results are in, Marina wins 2-1