Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
https://twitter.com/johnschuhmann/status/964961954480709633

That's my man right there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

lmao

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

LeBron has owned the poo poo out of Laura Ingram at the allstar interview dang

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

AggressivelyStupid posted:

LeBron has owned the poo poo out of Laura Ingram at the allstar interview dang
TBH it's really not that hard to own the poo poo out of Laura Ingram.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

he opened up with Who?

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

he opened up with Who?
What if I told you that a long time ago in a non-parallel universe she and Keith Olbermann were actually in a brief relationship?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Pettiest league = best league

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Crazy Ted posted:

What if I told you that a long time ago in a non-parallel universe she and Keith Olbermann were actually in a brief relationship?

Hatefucking is a very real thing

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Henchman of Santa posted:

Hatefucking is a very real thing
Yep. I'm pretty sure there's nothing close to angry, post-spat sex on the physical relationship scale.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://twitter.com/mcten/status/964964357992935424

Close enough King

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Different angle+vid.
https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/964982858468216832

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Crazy Ted posted:

But their offense is a +4 points per 100 possessions when he's not in the game, and in these last 15 games he's missed the Lakers have won more than they've lost.

He's been a real mixed bag this year, and it's looking like Ball is going to be more of a project than his short college career indicated.

Lonzo seems like he could become a sort of tangential George Hill. He might fare better as a swing 2 who guards 2's while a Kyrie Irving esque player who can break guys down off the dribble and hit shots lets him bring the ball up in transition, rebound, and use his passing to help the offense after misses when the team isn't fastbreaking or in semi transition.

Lonzi: Passing and defending/rebounding and shooting off the dribble, Georgio: not passing, defending, and making catch and shoot threes.

Does that make any sense?

If he meets his potential, it would allow for team building flexibility, because it would let them sign a score first pg but still play someone with really good court vision. Or he could be an anchor that sinks the team into mediocrity, because they have to acquire players with his shortcomings in mind.

Of course, if the ball isn't in his hand, it doesn't really matter what he sees. And I think we witnessed this as he played next to Jordan Clarkson. It's hard to run any sort of offense when you're mandated to just fast break as much as possible and throw up shots so your pg can go rebound and try to pass it to your sg or your big who's doing Something to try and make a basket. He flourished in college playing with an great NCAA big passer and another guy who was also a pg.

It did help Julius Randle to get the ball with a head of steam in transition, though.

The Rubio comparisons are a disservice to Rubio's creativity and flair with the ball. Running a pick and roll was not a mystery for Richard, even when he couldn't shoot or finish.

Edit: Just saw Rick already talking about Richard Rubio comparison, my bad

CRISPYBABY posted:

I'm more amused that Bogdans Twitter handle is @LeaderOfHorde. Did he dibs that as a Warcraft playing teenager and never change it when he went pro?

Yes

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Feb 17, 2018

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I like Evil Ricky Rubio’s aesthetic

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Crazy Ted posted:

What if I told you Keith Olbermann turned gay right after that.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Mr. Mambold posted:

What if I told you Keith Olbermann turned gay right after that.
Maybe she's why Keith went primal-scream Liberal.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

I wish someone had cornered Kyrie with the true important question of why he's ducking the three point contest with Eric Gordon

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/ArashMarkazi/status/964997471624560640

I want to know where I can buy those Boozer/Nate Robinson T-shirts.

It is extremely my aesthetic.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/FredKatz/status/965026237293805569

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Lockback posted:

This is true except totally backwards. Per possession Lonzo gets to the rim more often and finishes slightly better there then Ricky did as a rookie (2 years older).

Their per possessions are really similar, and watching Ball reminds me a ton of rookie Rubio. Ball runs more in transition, keeps a higher pace and uses his size to go above guys a lot, Rubio was a better ball handler with slicker passes, but otherwise they are really similar.

Pretending that rim scoring == having a first step is something that maybe I'd let Zogobot get away with but I know you know it's not the same thing. Lonzo scores in the paint because the Lakers offense creates shots in the paint for their guards. He "runs more in transition" because that's the only thing he can do, but he can't run fast enough to bring a fast break offense into the NBA in 2018.

quote:

He is #3 in Ast per possession, #7 TRB%, #7 Stl%, even #10 in Blk%.

Lmao come the gently caress on. Who cares. Go look up his pick and roll stats, because they're near the bottom of the league, which is his primary job.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
B. Arizona’s Deandre Ayton grabs an offensive rebound and scores on a putback, prompting Walton to call him “the Black Mermaid.” As Pasch explains to viewers that this is a nickname that Ayton has given himself, Walton surmises that the nickname probably has something to do with Ayton being from the Bahamas. He then asks Pasch whether he has ever been to the Bahamas, to which Pasch replies that he has not. Walton, who seems annoyed by Pasch’s answer, then asks whether Pasch has been to Ristic’s home country of Serbia. Pasch answers no to that as well. Walton follows up by asking whether Pasch has been to Winnipeg, Manitoba, where Arizona freshman Emmanuel Akot is from. When Pasch says that he hasn’t been there either, Walton sarcastically asks Pasch whether he’s been to Parker Jackson-Cartwright’s hometown of Los Angeles. Pasch reminds Walton that the two of them have called dozens of games in L.A. together before asking Walton for the purpose of these geography questions. Walton responds by saying, in the immortal words of Jimmy Buffett, “without geography, you’re nowhere.”

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Dejan Bimble posted:

B. Arizona’s Deandre Ayton grabs an offensive rebound and scores on a putback, prompting Walton to call him “the Black Mermaid.” As Pasch explains to viewers that this is a nickname that Ayton has given himself, Walton surmises that the nickname probably has something to do with Ayton being from the Bahamas. He then asks Pasch whether he has ever been to the Bahamas, to which Pasch replies that he has not. Walton, who seems annoyed by Pasch’s answer, then asks whether Pasch has been to Ristic’s home country of Serbia. Pasch answers no to that as well. Walton follows up by asking whether Pasch has been to Winnipeg, Manitoba, where Arizona freshman Emmanuel Akot is from. When Pasch says that he hasn’t been there either, Walton sarcastically asks Pasch whether he’s been to Parker Jackson-Cartwright’s hometown of Los Angeles. Pasch reminds Walton that the two of them have called dozens of games in L.A. together before asking Walton for the purpose of these geography questions. Walton responds by saying, in the immortal words of Jimmy Buffett, “without geography, you’re nowhere.”

Bill Fuckin' Walton, ladies and gentlemen.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Dejan Bimble posted:

Bill Walton is the greatest announcer of all time

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

STOP👏🏽LETTING👏🏽GUARDS👏🏽IN👏🏽THE👏🏽DUNK👏🏽CONTEST👏🏽

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Mods??

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

UNLESS ITS SPUD WEBB GET THE gently caress OUT

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

worked out ok in 2015 and 16

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

umm vince??

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
I mean MJ was a 2

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Larry got robbed, Mitchell sucks

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

everyone but Victor did a nice job I thought. Nothing life changing but I was thoroughly entertained. Like a bunch of us said in the GDT it was nice to have both Mitchel and Nance do some powerdunks. The rock the cradle is super underrated and always looks awesome. Combined with Smith Jrs through the legs 360 it was a cool.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Larry had the best dunk but Mitchell was more consistent and is the best

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

DSJ had the best dunk of the night and this is wrong on a lot of levels anyway

GhostOfMagellan
Mar 12, 2012
gently caress all of y'all, Mitchell winning was karmic retribution for Jeremy Evane getting robbed.

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

loving judges couldn't even fix a score of 47 to get us a 3rd round

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

quote:

The 2018 Basketball Hall of Fame Finalists were announced on Saturday afternoon, and 13 players, coaches and referees are one step closer to reaching their dreams. They include Steve Nash, Jason Kidd, Ray Allen, Maurice Cheeks, Grant Hill, Chris Webber, Katie Smith, Tina Thompson, coach Charles “Lefty” Driesell, coach Kim Mulkey, coach Rudy Tomjanovich, referee Hugh Evans, and the Wayland Baptist University women’s team.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
They really should have kept DSJ in somehow

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

hmm yes chris rock, human stain Mark Wahlberg, and DJ Khaled are exactly who I want to judge my poo poo dunk contest

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Dexo posted:

https://twitter.com/ArashMarkazi/status/964997471624560640

I want to know where I can buy those Boozer/Nate Robinson T-shirts.

It is extremely my aesthetic.

My aesthetic is Nate Robinson shirts so it fits mine as well.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

What the

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/matt_dollinger/status/965050860282638338

yo Lauri is built.

• Locked thread