Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

9S is secretly extremely jealous of 2Bs stiletto feet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

"Game feel" is indeed a legit term used in design circles by people who understand game design and mechanics that encompasses the range of factors that aggregate to shape the player's experience. The micro-stutter caused by constant small load times would indeed be a factor in a game's feel. Hope this helps

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I don't have a horse in this race, but I need to say Monster Hunter has always been good.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
That's just a poorly put together game. Games can only be examined by their mouth feel, vintage, and waifu options. Hope this helps.

Which means Monster Hunter is objectively bad.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

DOUBLE CLICK HERE posted:

That's just a poorly put together game. Games can only be examined by their mouth feel, vintage, and waifu options. Hope this helps.

Monster Hunter has The Handler and The Guildmarm before her.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

DOUBLE CLICK HERE posted:

But is monster hunter twee

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Electric Phantasm posted:

Monster Hunter has The Handler and The Guildmarm before her.

Guildmarm only has room in her heart for Brachydios

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Andrast posted:

Guildmarm only has room in her heart for Brachydios

And Handler's only love is food.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

In Training posted:

Romancing Saga 2 is cool

it is but i still prefer the first one

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

"Game feel" is indeed a legit term used in design circles by people who understand game design and mechanics that encompasses the range of factors that aggregate to shape the player's experience. The micro-stutter caused by constant small load times would indeed be a factor in a game's feel. Hope this helps
what about "ludonarrative dissonance"

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Quest For Glory II posted:

what about "ludonarrative dissonance"

they call me Lewd O'Narrative

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD

al-azad posted:

But is monster hunter twee

mhw handler is v. twee imo

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

TEENAGE WITCH posted:

mhw handler is v. twee imo

The Handler is steampunk

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Would you automatically assume a female robot that has stilettos for feet is a sexbot? Like not wearing stilettos but her feet were constructed to literally be stilettos?

Because the second Tingle DS game has such a robot. She is one of your friends. Maybe she'll be in the next Hyrule Warriors one day.

Obviously Burikki has stiletto feet to enhance her kicking power.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The Handler is steampunk

tweepunk

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The Colonel posted:

they call me Lewd O'Narrative
Imaishi??

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
My only experience with MHW is watching my wife play and Handler seems very annoying. She's you're sidekick in a game where you already have a cat sidekick?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i keep listening to Don't Think Twice

my kingdom hearts hype is rising again and i'm not happy about it

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

tap my mountain posted:

My only experience with MHW is watching my wife play and Handler seems very annoying. She's you're sidekick in a game where you already have a cat sidekick?

Your cat is a level far beyond sidekick.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

tap my mountain posted:

Your cat is a pal

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Cat is a bro, Handler a waifu

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Is there any way to earn these specific gestures in MHW because $3.99 for one of the new Ryu ones is kinda...

I mean the game is getting a ton of free content which is good, including the Ryu outfit itself.

But man four dollars, I guess in a game like this if you're that into it and you know you're going to be spending hundreds more hours playing the game then of course gestures are something you're going to use so there's that.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Should I install Street Fighter V for the Monster Hunter Event stuff

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

No

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

If you have it lying around sure

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I thought you only needed the save data

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://twitter.com/DJ_Link/status/964124424969637888

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sometimes I feel like trying Fallout 4 again then I remember playing it last time...

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

tap my mountain posted:

the cat is the main character

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

My favorite thing to do is to redownload Bethesda games, throw on two dozen mods, boot it up to the title screen and go "Oh wait, it's this loving game?" and alt+f4 immediately

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Internet Kraken posted:

Another kickstarter game dead through feature creep? What a surprise.

I wonder what percentage of the failed kickstarters died because of feature creep, because I feel like it’s the vast majority of them. Devs need to learn that changing engines mid development is a god drat kiss of death, along with overdone stretch goals. I don’t care if they liked Unreal better, it’s such a bad idea to make drastic changes like that.

La Mulana 2 stuck to their premade game plan, didn’t switch away from Unity, and had simple stretch goals/rewards and they’re at final development now.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

tap my mountain posted:

I'm pretty sure Handler exists to serve as your surrogate for the story stuff. She's not a sidekick in terms of gameplay but she shows up in cutscenes as someone for the other characters to talk too.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Pigbuster posted:

Devs need to learn that changing engines mid development is a god drat kiss of death

changing engines is a guillotine, but obsessive and unnecessary refactoring is death by a thousand cuts

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I misread "changing engines" as "changing enemies" and got really confused for a moment.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Celeste makes my hands hurt and I love it

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Viewtiful Jew posted:

But man four dollars, I guess in a game like this

nooooooooo no nope no no stop no don't try to justify that nope nope nope no

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Why does Ryu need to use a weapon, he follows the way of the Hado

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Sakurazuka posted:

Cat is a bro, Handler a waifu

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I asked about this yesterday, but: anyone play Battle Chasers Nightwar? It seems like it might be pretty fun but I'm skeptical that the whole "turn-based RPG with Diablo loot" thing might not be as fun as it seems.

• Locked thread