Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

CBJSprague24 posted:

Wasn't there a Stan in WCW?

Stan Hansen, maybe.

I think more of the guy Shawn Michaels superkicked in WWE.

“See? I just kicked Stan!”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Maybe it's Stan Lee.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

FS1 is running another of their Beyond The Wheel episodes featuring various 30-for-30 style shorts about NASCAR right now. These tend to be really good- the Dick Trickle one was the first.

They're talking about NASCAR in Japan right now. NASCAR, in Japanese, translates to "Eggplant Question Mark". :roflolmao:

ShadowedFlames posted:

Stan Hansen, maybe.

I think more of the guy Shawn Michaels superkicked in WWE.

“See? I just kicked Stan!”

No, it's WWE. Pnut made a reference to "the guy who kicked Stan" once in one of these threads.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

CBJSprague24 posted:

FS1 is running another of their Beyond The Wheel episodes featuring various 30-for-30 style shorts about NASCAR right now. These tend to be really good- the Dick Trickle one was the first.

They're talking about NASCAR in Japan right now. NASCAR, in Japanese, translates to "Eggplant Question Mark". :roflolmao:

No, it's WWE. Pnut made a reference to "the guy who kicked Stan" once in one of these threads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnPo4fMBDds

Now I want to sponsor a truck that just has "DX" as the sponsor and I hate DX.

Peanut President fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Feb 17, 2018

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

CBJSprague24 posted:

I saw the Japan one last time it was on, I thought it was great. I liked Almirola going home to Cuba as well.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Truck race was not bad except the dumb segments.

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

Oh hey there's some random merch-less rear end in a top hat racing soon

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

IT'S NEVER MY FAULT, by Bob Pockrass: http://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/story/_/id/22467984/what-happened-danica-patrick-career-nascar-cup-series-transition-indycar

quote:

Patrick has insinuated that at times she didn't feel the full support of her team, saying as far back as September that "I don't think it's always constant" that she had people fighting for her. But that is natural at most teams when drivers struggle, and her teammates often outran her. Last year, Harvick and Kurt Busch made the playoffs and Clint Bowyer finished 18th in the standings while Patrick was 28th.

Obviously, SHR feels it did everything it could, and Stewart pointed to a disagreement between Patrick, him and SHR competition director Greg Zipadelli over whether to keep Tony Gibson as her crew chief late into her second season or to go to an engineer, which she was more used to on the IndyCar side. The team made the change.

"We gave her everything we gave everybody else on that team," Stewart said. "She was the one that didn't believe in [competition director] Zippy and me when we told her that Tony Gibson was the right crew chief for her, and she insisted on a different crew chief.

"I've kept that under my belt the whole time. Lately, I'm hearing that she keeps saying that the team didn't believe in her, which isn't right. We all believed in her. But the best crew chief that we had and the best pairing for her was the one she didn't want. She was her own worst enemy in that equation."

e- Holy gently caress: http://autoweek.com/article/monster-energy-nascar-cup/danica-patrick-not-interested-mentoring-young-female-drivers

Never mind, that article doesn't have the quote I'd originally seen and posted below.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Feb 17, 2018

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

CBJSprague24 posted:

Eggplant Question Mark 2018: I think it's stupid. I don't know.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

...and?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Boomer The Cannon posted:

Eggplant Question Mark 2018: I think it's stupid. I don't know.

"Is it an eggplant?" 2018: For Sale By Owner

wicka posted:

...and?

I thought that article contained this:

...in which the first sentence grabbed my attention.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I think there was a time when she cared about racing but I think it ended before her indy career.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

"Is it an eggplant?" 2018: For Sale By Owner

I thought that article contained this:

...in which the first sentence grabbed my attention.

Oh lmao, that is indeed stupid as hell.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

wicka posted:

Oh lmao, that is indeed stupid as hell.

Yeah, it was posted on Twitter and then disappeared, but I saw an article linked immediately afterward and screenshot /= story. I thought it was the same thing. :downs:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

Yeah, it was posted on Twitter and then disappeared, but I saw an article linked immediately afterward and screenshot /= story. I thought it was the same thing. :downs:

Yeah the only thing that caught my eye in the article was "Danica doesn't want to mentor young drivers" and that seemed insanely obvious to me.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Get your rear end back to the front and win this stage Our Man Spence.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Lol generally you want someone good and successful to mentor you.

She can still serve as a glaring lesson on what not to do.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Holy poo poo shove the caution flag up your rear end

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
plate race finishes are dumb and bad

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Yo this top 5 right now is some tight stuff

Suck it cup guys

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
Just give Suarez the trophy and call it done :toot:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

CactusWeasle posted:

Just give SRA the trophy and call it done :toot:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

And tomorrow the cars are much less stable at the back. Should be a shitshow, calling that it ends after dark.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
that wouldn't have happened if he had merch

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

HONK MY DONG ROSS

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

gently caress

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
ban plates

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

this is the most xfinity plate race race

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Some good pitwork

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
This race is bad

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

This race is bad

disagree

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
It's gonna take them an hour to run the "last" "five" laps. God bless this stupid sport.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

What a good, stupid race.

Hell of a drive, Spence.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
6th is pretty loving good for crashing in overtime.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

That’s because it was written in Japanese as nasuka - nasu means eggplant, and ka is a common particle that shows a question. It’s written in a way where you won’t see it that way, and even Toyota’s global Gazoo Racing site uses “NASCAR” now.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

uhm i think you mean ナスカー you loving baka gaijin

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
Lotta nerds itt.

Good race.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Nerds? Not in my internet comedy forum, goon sir!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:lolplant:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Leigh Diffey calling luge for the olympics is cool and good.