Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014
some suggestions for upgrading the thread title to anything else
'don't touch the poop, put it in a bucket and make money'
'these are my full length pyjamas, there are many like it, but these are mine'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Alright, I feel like a moron, but am I missing something obvious in this Run! quest in the beginning of the game? I've failed it three times and I can't quite pin down what I'm doing wrong; I've tried balancing galloping and cantering to preserve stamina, but the pursuers catch up and kill me. I've tried just galloping at full burn but eventually I run out of stamina and the pursuers catch up and kill me. And on the third run they just straight up one shot me at the "turn left" bridge and I could not tell you why. I googled it, but all the guides are just like "use gallop until you get to talmburg", which I am

Is it because I overate in the tutorial and my gluttony debuff is making me too fat for the horse to run? I'll feel real dumb if that's what it is

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I always walk around in my plate because even when it's filthy you still get charism bonuses from it, and it's easier to intimidate people. Turns out people are less likely to mess with a guy in full plate covered in blood. The baths are cheap but since there aren't any by fast travel locations, gently caress it. I will do laundry before I go on a selling/spending spree though.

There's one right by the Rattay miller.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Party Plane Jones posted:

That's like ten seconds of horsing, way too far.

That is the one I normally use, yeah.

And polearms weren't 100% cut, I picked one up off a bandit. It couldn't thrust, only cut, which is really weird. Maybe it was an artifact they didn't take out.

I also found a halberd that I could not equip or sell, I ended up just dropping it on the ground and it disappeared.

Thread title: "Kingdom Come: Deliverance, Arrows Go Vaugely That Way"

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Feb 17, 2018

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014

Ainsley McTree posted:

Alright, I feel like a moron, but am I missing something obvious in this Run! quest in the beginning of the game? I've failed it three times and I can't quite pin down what I'm doing wrong; I've tried balancing galloping and cantering to preserve stamina, but the pursuers catch up and kill me. I've tried just galloping at full burn but eventually I run out of stamina and the pursuers catch up and kill me. And on the third run they just straight up one shot me at the "turn left" bridge and I could not tell you why. I googled it, but all the guides are just like "use gallop until you get to talmburg", which I am

Is it because I overate in the tutorial and my gluttony debuff is making me too fat for the horse to run? I'll feel real dumb if that's what it is

Nevermind, you mean the horse thing! The way I did it was to turn left way earlier than the river and just pray to jesus they didn't hit me with too many arrows for me to get there prior to bleeding out. You could try serpetine maneuvers as well, but I have no idea how effective that is.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Rock Puncher posted:

I just followed a couple of my friends who took a path down the road away from the tavern then skirted along the fenceline back up to Kunesh's house. Never saw a catchpole going that way.

He's talking about the Run! quest from the Cumans after the game intro.

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014

He's talking about the Run! quest from the Cumans after the game intro.

I noticed after I failed at reading beyond the first sentence on attempt 1 to be helpful.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

4th death; they one-shot me at the bridge again! Health went from full (well, as full as it is with that arrow in your leg) to zero with no warning. Something's wrong here

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lockpicking is the most unfun thing that i have ever played, im going to wait until they patch that crap. gently caress off

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014

DreamShipWrecked posted:

That's like ten seconds of horsing, way too far.

That is the one I normally use, yeah.

And polearms weren't 100% cut, I picked one up off a bandit. It couldn't thrust, only cut, which is really weird. Maybe it was an artifact they didn't take out.

I also found a halberd that I could not equip or sell, I ended up just dropping it on the ground and it disappeared.

Thread title: "Kingdom Come: Deliverance, Arrows Go Vaugely That Way"

"100% historic weapon sway"

'Lockpicking chastity belts for high impact sex scenes'

Rock Puncher fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Feb 17, 2018

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I got it on the 5th try. I didn't do anything different but this time I got away without a hit :shrug:

I guess the secret to maximizing your stamina is to gallop until you can't, then walk for a few seconds, and keep galloping. I also didn't look backwards at any point on this run, maybe looking back slows you down? Apart form uninstalling my "arrows do 10000 damage" mod i'm really not sure what i did different this time that could have mattered but at least I'm past it

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014

Ainsley McTree posted:

I got it on the 5th try. I didn't do anything different but this time I got away without a hit :shrug:

I guess the secret to maximizing your stamina is to gallop until you can't, then walk for a few seconds, and keep galloping. I also didn't look backwards at any point on this run, maybe looking back slows you down? Apart form uninstalling my "arrows do 10000 damage" mod i'm really not sure what i did different this time that could have mattered but at least I'm past it

That mission is very dumb and it certainly makes no effort to suggest or guide you to not dying. The good news is, you're almost at the start of the game proper!

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
Your mod probably makes ALL arrows do 10000 damage and that's why you were getting one-shot maybe?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
If you want to level up your lockpicking easily just buy a lot of lockpicks and go to where you get the training for it in the beginning.

There's a door right next to it that's very hard. Try and open that, reset until the opening part is very close to the center then hold the button to rotate the lock and keep moving your cursor quickly to it. It'll fail and you get some xp every time. I went from 11-13 in under 40 lockpicks and 4 minutes.

I'm not sure how much xp you get on lower levels.

Lucky pick perk kind of breaks it since you'll end up opening the chest/door

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DoctorGonzo posted:

lockpicking is the most unfun thing that i have ever played, im going to wait until they patch that crap. gently caress off

Kingdom Come nexus has a easy lockpicking mod that does it automatically

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Red Mundus posted:

Your mod probably makes ALL arrows do 10000 damage and that's why you were getting one-shot maybe?

I was joking

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
You can fight with polearms but you can't have them in your inventory and there are no associated skills. If you see an enemy/ally with a polearm and they die then they'll drop it and you can pick it up. As expected, they're extremely powerful because you can just jab someone in the face repeatedly with it while backpedaling and they stand no chance.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Lady Gagazula posted:

After much herb collecting and level grinding, I can now magically transform .7 Groschen into 78.3 Groschen with the press of a button. This ensures that the Rattay alchemist is well stocked and that I can finally afford a few niceties for myself.

That is a very regal/French horse

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Ever since I found out that using the baths' "full service" not only cleans you and gives you that +2 charisma bonus, but heals you, feeds you and fills your energy bar to full, this has become a full-time headphones only game.

Stupid loving developers.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Me thinks the goon doth protest too much

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Just clarifying something: If an enemy is holding their weapon to their left (my right), I need to parry to the right, correct?

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I just did the hunting quest with Coif von Pompadour and had so much meat I had to trudge back on little stick legs for like ten minutes. Then I shoved it in a box I really hope we come back to because dammit I want that silver you rich rear end.

Game fun except for having to summon goddamn Shenron to wish my arrows to hit things.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
Are you guys using the trail during Run?

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014

The Lone Badger posted:

Just clarifying something: If an enemy is holding their weapon to their left (my right), I need to parry to the right, correct?

almost certain

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Taintrunner posted:

Kingdom Come nexus has a easy lockpicking mod that does it automatically

Im playing on ps4

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Zigmidge posted:

Are you guys using the trail during Run?

Yeah. On my successful run I just sprinted straight ahead on the road, no serpentining or looking back. When I ran out of stamina, I slowed to a walk for a couple seconds and then went back to galloping, I don't think I got hit once.

Thing is though, that's also what I was doing (apart from looking back occasionally) on my failed runs so :shrug: I could not tell you what the secret is. At least I never have to do it again.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
I didn’t use the full on gallop (double tap) just the regular run and didn’t have any issues escaping. I got tagged once, that’s about t.

Patrat
Feb 14, 2012

Phlegmish posted:

That is a very regal/French horse

I was thinking more the jupon, those things are expensive! Well, so are horses.

Woohoo
Apr 1, 2008
Screwed up the mission where you have to infiltrate the monastery: the guy I'm supposed to talk to - Karl at the tavern - had talk option but didn't really talk anything, and there's no quest marker and nothing to do to become a novice. I lockpicked monastery doors and wandered inside, but everyone's just telling me to :frogout: Everybody hates me to their guts in Sasau anyway, it might have influenced this. Also for the dropped stone at the construction quest, the overseer/hand never showed up at the mill and quest just ended after 5 mins of nothing happening. Game's becoming increasingly broken as I play on

Softlocked? :poland:

I think I'll sit out few patches and restart whole thing

Woohoo fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Feb 17, 2018

Krolm
Nov 10, 2004

friendly and non-threatening

Bleak Gremlin

Woohoo posted:

Screwed up the mission where you have to infiltrate the monastery: the guy I'm supposed to talk to - Karl at the tavern - had talk option but didn't really talk

Just did that quest, it should be fine. Did you talk to the guy sitting right next to Karl? He's got a bodyguard cockblocking him from speaking freely.

Patrat
Feb 14, 2012

Continued report on using a high grade mace - Not as good vs scum bandits for sure, but it lets you mercilessly slaughter chain armed Cumans by savagely beating them. Definitely recommended to take a shield along with you though because it is definitely slower than a longsword as well as lacking the reach.

It is perhaps inferior against people with open faces though given the efficiency of face stabbing.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Patrat posted:

Continued report on using a high grade mace - Not as good vs scum bandits for sure, but it lets you mercilessly slaughter chain armed Cumans by savagely beating them. Definitely recommended to take a shield along with you though because it is definitely slower than a longsword as well as lacking the reach.

It is perhaps inferior against people with open faces though given the efficiency of face stabbing.

Axes and Warhammers are really great "in-between" weapons. Axes are great at slashing AND bludgeoning, and wreck plate armor (particularly higher quality axes). Similarly, warhammers can smash AND stab, and will also gently caress up plate wearers.

Not sure I've seen decent warhammers on sale, but I found one in the wild and it fuckin' murders.

Edit: Also, I appreciate that as you get more powerful and accrue better gear, some dudes will straight up just run from you. A couple of times now some bandit stops me, jumps out from behind their toppled cart, sees my big ol plate covered rear end, and then just starts hauling rear end.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Patrat posted:

I went with the warhammer. It's a bit slower on the swing but it makes a satisfying crunch noise.

It's really a shame how bad swords are in general against anything better than a peasant, because I really prefer the combat style and combo's.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
I found a St. Georges sword out of a random chest on the side of the road and uh, it wrecks pretty much everything.

Woohoo
Apr 1, 2008

Krolm posted:

Just did that quest, it should be fine. Did you talk to the guy sitting right next to Karl? He's got a bodyguard cockblocking him from speaking freely.

There was no guy. Just him and innkeep

Patrat
Feb 14, 2012

Demiurge4 posted:

I went with the warhammer. It's a bit slower on the swing but it makes a satisfying crunch noise.

It's really a shame how bad swords are in general against anything better than a peasant, because I really prefer the combat style and combo's.

The trick seems to be that longswords are excellent against any gaps a person might have in their armour, also a lot of people have relatively lovely leg armour. So if you can deliberately give somebody the high ground you can sometimes slash their legs apart and murder them. Also face stabs.

Maces are infinitely superior against anyone with comprehensive metal armour though.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Goddamn, I wish the main quest would give me some room to breathe once in a while. It started out with an innocuous hunting trip, and then bandits! Now the stud farm is burning, rush there! Now the prime witness is missing, chase after him! That lead to another suspect, hurry to him before his mates get him!. It's nice to have a sense of urgency every now and then, but at this point I've just been hustling from one place to another, always with an implied time limit hanging over my head (given that the game has already shown itself willing to have quests outright fail if you wait for too long), for several hours' worth of gameplay. I just wanna take a moment, sell off all the swag I looted rightfully won, do a sidequest or three, and go on a proper shopping spree.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
You should stay off the trail for Run.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Somebody make a mod that removes the lock on feature, it will break this game in half. If you rush enemies that are not aware of you and just start wailing on them, they cant do anything. It seems the AI is completely dependent on being in "lock on mode" to be able to block.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Ainsley McTree posted:

the horse regains stamina if you hold shift, it only drains during the double shift gallop