Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

None of these are funny they're just bummers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
Ruby Riot working the marks

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I hope when these boys finally reach puberty they'll look back on their bullshit and recognise how disgusting they are.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Gonzo McFee posted:

I hope when these boys finally reach puberty they'll look back on their bullshit and recognise how disgusting they are.

I've got a sad feeling a lot of these guys probably went through puberty before the turn of the century :smith:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

None of these are funny they're just bummers

Yeah, can we pivot away from the open misogyny and get back to more funny bad opinions? I wanna read this thread to laugh, not the opposite of that.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I mean Wrestle Forum also has normal bad opinions like how Asuka is overrated, her streak should be snapped at Wrestlemania this year and then she should be released, etc. Oh, and blaming Asuka (blaming the actual person, not the booking) for Ember Moon struggling to be a decent champion.

I've even seen some posts where people outright say that Nia Jax is a better WRESTLER than Asuka, and they hope WWE has Nia go over Asuka at Elimination Chamber. Oh, and that Braun is also overrated and should be fed to THE BIG DOG because its obvious the casual audience don't see how Braun is overrated, so WWE should punish them.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Feb 16, 2018

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Asuka and Taylor Swift have a lot in common

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Asuka's streak should be snapped at Wrestlemania, but by Carmella.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Benne posted:

Yeah, can we pivot away from the open misogyny and get back to more funny bad opinions? I wanna read this thread to laugh, not the opposite of that.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

I mean not the only reason but same. Mostly Kevin honestly, who seems to have no idea if he wants to be a cool heel, an rear end in a top hat heel, a tweener, and ends up being some weird mix of them that doesn't do anything.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Have a normal bad post from Wrestle Forum.

I wonder what drives these people sometimes.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

"I can't think of any cons to reenacting one of the lowest points in WCW history" suggests someone without any imagination.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!
To be fair, at least that way we wouldn' thave to watch nia and alexa actually wrestle.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

That “Blast From The Past” idea sounds like a fantastic way for guys like Bret Hart and Steve Austin to die or irrecoverably ruin their bodies on live TV

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Platypus Farm posted:

To be fair, at least that way we wouldn' thave to watch nia and alexa actually wrestle.

Alexa is going to land that 2nd rope 450 and get 5 stars.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

SatansOnion posted:

That “Blast From The Past” idea sounds like a fantastic way for guys like Bret Hart and Steve Austin to die or irrecoverably ruin their bodies on live TV

Didn't Austin hurt himself when he appeared at mania two years ago or whenever it was?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He tore his rotator cuff preparing for it, then made it worse throwing a punch on Rusev.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
:havlat: TNA MECCA UPDATE FROM CHRIS REGAL :havlat:

quote:

After coming out of the closet several years ago, I never thought I'd have to come out again but here I am, dealing with the same demons. It took me an entire year to finally get the courage to fully open up about what happened a year ago. It was a dark time for me that had nothing to do with any part of my online life. I had been dealing with depression for a long time, and it only seemed to get worse as time went on. I tried to live my life as best as I could but nothing seemed to cure what had been paralyzing me late at night and all alone in my room. Unfortunately, in December of 2016, my life had become unbearable and I just couldn't shake this feeling of numbness and despair. So a few weeks later, I almost succeeded in taking my own life.

Just hours before, all I could think about is saying goodbye to my friends and family...and trying to explain my absence to my colleague here Reece. I knew if I hadn't said anything, he'd be wondering what happened to me. I was however too embarrassed to tell him the truth so I simply fabricated a story, thinking that it would suffice as an explanation for my death. I was stupid. I didn't think how my lie would have affected those who cared about me and how an entire online wrestling community would have reacted. This was honestly something I hadn't even considered.

In any case, I lived due to the love of my family and friends. It was hard and I was incapacitated for a good two-plus weeks. When I was finally able to recover enough to go online, I had quickly realized that my death had been reported all over the internet, including some non-wrestling sites. I realized that people all over the net had been posting their condolences and I immediately knew that my life within the online wrestling community was over. I was in shock. I was simply too embarrassed to correct my mistake so I made the decision to step away from this site and every site that I had been visiting at the time. That, however, presented a new challenge and that was how this site would be run. I decided to support Reece while he ran the site but stay out of his way in order to let him do what he felt was best for the site.

But TNAMecca was my site...and I just couldn't stay away. I missed it. I missed being part of the TNAMecca community. I missed talking about Impact Wrestling. One day I knew that I would have to confess to Reece that I was alive. And I did. I called him one night and explained to him everything that I went through and my regret for not being honest with him sooner. When we had hung up the phone, I felt that it would take him some time to process it all and perhaps we could find a way to work things out. But the next morning he quit TNAMecca and forced the site's shutdown. I don't blame him at all. He's had to deal with a lot because of me and for that I apologize to him.

And I apologize to anyone whom I've hurt due to my stupidity. I'm sorry.

As for my current status, I'm doing much better. I'm still however dealing with other issues. I've become a bit anti-social since this happened because I can't face my family and friends. They've all been very supportive and have done everything they can to get me to open up but I get anxious with even the slightest human interaction. I believe it's because I'm embarrassed and regretful and it kills me to see that look on my brother's face every time he sees me. He'll never admit it but it's a look of resentment and pity. Nobody ever understands why one would try to take their life. I was one of them once upon a time. But I went through it myself and I still to this day feel embarrassed and ashamed. My hope is that one day I will be able to recover fully and be able to live a normal life and that, most importantly, I can hug my family without feeling like I've disappointed them in the worst way.

http://www.tnamecca.com/2018/02/im-sorry.html

Unpopular opinion, but I think its more likely Chris Regal faked his death in order to try and garner sympathy from people, and now all he has done is make things worse for himself, along with people who actually have serious mental health problems/severe depression.

Also:

https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/965014643012927489

:ironicat:

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Feb 18, 2018

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
What a piece of poo poo.

Qoey
Jun 2, 2014
Darkstar, your ability to find the worst in internet wrestling people has done a sort of Pavlov's dog-type thing to me, where every time I see your name in this forum I start feeling greasy, like I'm about to read something I shouldn't.

Thank you for your ability to entertain me

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Haha nice Spacey-esque deflection at the top there

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Who is this Abbey person that Bix keeps tweeting about

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Haha nice Spacey-esque deflection at the top there

Oh. For some reason I thought it meant he openly admitted he watched TNA.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Qoey posted:

Darkstar, your ability to find the worst in internet wrestling people has done a sort of Pavlov's dog-type thing to me, where every time I see your name in this forum I start feeling greasy, like I'm about to read something I shouldn't.

Thank you for your ability to entertain me

Chris Regal is an infamous legend in this thread, and the only reason I noticed that Regal had posted again is because the TNAMecca Quotes twitter account linked to that story, and Rovert's tweet about it.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Benne posted:

Who is this Abbey person that Bix keeps tweeting about

writer/podcaster who faked cancer for a big payday on gofundme and faked her death when outed as a scammer

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

oatgan posted:

writer/podcaster who faked cancer for a big payday on gofundme and faked her death when outed as a scammer

Well then :stare:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Qoey
Jun 2, 2014

DarkstarIV posted:

Chris Regal is an infamous legend in this thread, and the only reason I noticed that Regal had posted again is because the TNAMecca Quotes twitter account linked to that story, and Rovert's tweet about it.

I mean, I've been catching up on the huge list of wrestling forum quotes you've been posting, too. Chris Regal's latest madness is just icing on that cake

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Chris Regal returning from faking his own death for over a year to dunk on someone else for doing it is AMAZING.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
What is it with wrestling superfans and faking their own deaths

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
can we update the thread title

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I love that even his "apology" is just pretending he really did almost die and totally didn't mean to do it and really did nothing wrong

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

HulkaMatt posted:

Chris Regal returning from faking his own death for over a year to dunk on someone else for doing it is AMAZING.

wrestling is art

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

exploded mummy posted:

can we update the thread title

Why would we? He's still dead.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

MassRafTer posted:

Why would we? He's still dead.

we need to rename it the Abbey AAAA Memorial Thread

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

oatgan posted:

what podcasts did she do? I've never heard of her until this moment.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

coconono posted:

what podcasts did she do? I've never heard of her until this moment.

The Monumental Podcast with Hulkamatt. Haven't you heard it yet?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

oatgan posted:

It seems like the smart thing to do would be to nationalise your healthcare industry and remove the incentive for these scams.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Benne posted:

What is it with wrestling superfans and faking their own deaths

Gotta swerve the marks, brother

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon