Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Harrow posted:

I asked about this yesterday, but: anyone play Battle Chasers Nightwar? It seems like it might be pretty fun but I'm skeptical that the whole "turn-based RPG with Diablo loot" thing might not be as fun as it seems.
Haven't played it, but from what I've heard it's mechanically very sound with a fairly simplistic story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

this whole thread is good

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Mordja posted:

Haven't played it, but from what I've heard it's mechanically very sound with a fairly simplistic story.

does the creator gently caress off with the story about halfway through so he can go and write darksiders

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

This one was always one of my favorite videogame trivia

But this is just loving great.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Lmao

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Do those buildings not have basements

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

no building has a basement that i know about. i wouldn't even know they had front door stairs that are 15 feet tall if the camera hadn't bugged

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I just saw Black Panther and it was pretty good. Two thumbs up!

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I want to put this in a separate post, but I think Secret of Evermore is better than Secret of Mana.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've almost reached the (launch) level cap of Splatoon 2...very exciting

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Pigbuster posted:

I wonder what percentage of the failed kickstarters died because of feature creep, because I feel like it’s the vast majority of them. Devs need to learn that changing engines mid development is a god drat kiss of death, along with overdone stretch goals. I don’t care if they liked Unreal better, it’s such a bad idea to make drastic changes like that.

La Mulana 2 stuck to their premade game plan, didn’t switch away from Unity, and had simple stretch goals/rewards and they’re at final development now.

I love la mulana and im praying the sequel has a better way to review and compare info when trying to solve puzzles

Majoras mask for 3ds was so improved by a good notebook.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

LawfulWaffle posted:

I want to put this in a separate post, but I think Secret of Evermore is better than Secret of Mana.

it was certainly more broken than secret of mana and that is definitely an accomplishment

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

I had a pretty good understanding of what was going on and what my next immediate task was for almost all of SoE, which was definitely not the case with Mana.

Evermore was the first RPG I beat though, so I don't deny being biased.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i looked into it in a different discussion a few months back and there’s an faq with like 10 different ways to render secret of evermore broken and/or unwinnable (not intentionally just through bugs) one of which i definitely pulled off as an 8 year old dumbass kid, the game was held together with popsicle sticks and tape

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

oh but they fixed a few for the european release so that might color things.

like, except for the basic bazooka ammo, bazooka ammo didn’t get used in the US release. that’s how weirdly hosed up it was

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

come to think of it considering how small this forum is it was probably you i was shrieking at how broken secret of evermore was sorry about that

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Cowcaster posted:

come to think of it considering how small this forum is it was probably you i was shrieking at how broken secret of evermore was sorry about that

It's cool, fam. I remember beating the final boss with a first spear you get because I had it leveled up to max and could throw it with the charged attack. I don't remember why I didn't use the bazooka.

I'm not arguing that the game wasn't broken, just that I don't recall it breaking completely for me and I do remember wandering around SoM wondering what I needed to do to progress while increasingly disjointed events played out.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i think secret of evermore was a project born entirely of “holy poo poo this secret of mana game did gangbusters, let’s open an american studio and crank out another one as fast as we can” so that stands to reason

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

https://twitter.com/MXF_official/status/965017016921976832
character goods...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

#Spletoon

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

the futaba nendo is good, also

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Real hurthling! posted:

I love la mulana and im praying the sequel has a better way to review and compare info when trying to solve puzzles

Majoras mask for 3ds was so improved by a good notebook.

I don't think anything like that's been described in the backer updates unfortunately, though there's what seems to be a photo function on the in-game menu that hasn't been explained, so we'll see. I found a couple puzzle-related things, though:

quote:

However, the software lineup is not so similar to the one from L1. Most of all, the translation software which had a prominent position in the list is not there anymore. Also the storage size for the message recording software has been drastically increased even without an expansion. I just assumed that the user will feel it repetitive if I kept making them think "which texts should I keep...?".

quote:

In this scanning screen, you should be able to see a placemark. It doesn't explicitly say which one, but each fields have their own marks so that the users can identify which messages were found in which area. Other marks on the top-right is the "Race Mark" which can be added using new software. This mark can tell you which race wrote this tablet. Consequently, both marks can lead the players to guess where this hint can be used.

In La-Mulana1, we sorted out the positions for each hint when we remade it, but originally, we were just thinking that "we should place the hints all over the place".
Some complained that "there is no information for which hints are for which puzzles!" but still some say "this is the most fun part of LA-MULANA to combine all the hints", so it's hard for us to decide which is better.

We concluded that this time we're going to plan the locations of the hints very thoroughly, but still they will be scattered around the ruins. However, players can guide themselves using the keywords or aforesaid placemarks.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

LawfulWaffle posted:

It's cool, fam. I remember beating the final boss with a first spear you get because I had it leveled up to max and could throw it with the charged attack. I don't remember why I didn't use the bazooka.

because you cast energizer on yourself, which auto-charges your attacks, but also prevents the bazooka from charging :eng101:

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Man I just got to the first big mobility upgrade the first submarine, in Subnautica. This game just got so loving good.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I like that part in Resident Evil Code: Veronica X where you ride a submarine.

Guavatin
Mar 30, 2017

I think my tongues trying to kill me

I remember arma 2 and 3 having the same design. Just chuck half the building in the ground!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i can't stop huntin mons

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Guavatin posted:

I remember arma 2 and 3 having the same design. Just chuck half the building in the ground!

they just bought cheap prefabs off the app store so it makes sense. get your own loving artists game that made millions of dollars

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Raxivace posted:

I like that part in Resident Evil Code: Veronica X where you ride a submarine.

That whole underwater airport is awesome, and its a shame they have literally 4 rooms in that entire space

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Although the similarly eerie antarctic evil lair is a good substitute for supplying a lot of spooky illicit areas

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I didn't care for Veronica but the submerged spider was fantastic atmosphere design.

Samuringa posted:

This one was always one of my favorite videogame trivia

But this is just loving great.

Learning perspective in art after playing ALttP broke my brain.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I did it, I crafted the most powerful helmet in MonHunWo

it's a pair of glasses lmao

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

precision posted:

I mean Monster Hunter is anime so that makes sense

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

precision posted:

It is the greatest crime that I cannot use the glasses skin over everything. There are some sets I have where I want a different hat.

Also why can't I give my cat glasses.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I scrolled this picture listening to this Danger Zone cover and it matched up so well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtdZs2zy5T8

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
It took far too long to realize I could loot the monster nest I blew up for some cool components.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Did you ask the Nilfgaardians about Yennefer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine