Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The bat within is a really good one too, iirc. Basically doubles your dodge frame window.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Midair dodge, Bat Within, and the stinger attacks (Stiletto, and I forget the punch one's name) are all essential

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
Steamworld Dig 2 is great and should scratch your Metroidvania itch

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Oh yeah. That's definitely the best bet on Switch right now.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The biggest issue I am having with Bayo is the combos that require a pause of button presses. I struggle with the timing

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

PageMaster posted:

I found pressing and holding the home button until the switch wakes up works 100% of the time for me. I think just pressing the button once wakes up the controller.

This is my method. Hold down until you feel the little vibration.

caldrax
Jan 21, 2001

i learned it from watching you
I'm one of those people with an amFilm glass protector on my switch, it's been on there awhile, it looks now like it has a crack or a scratch. I think I still have my backup one, anyone taken one off after awhile and put on another? Anything I should know to get the best application? I did the steamy bathroom thing for the first one. (Something something joke about removing the matte finish.)

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Dr. VooDoo posted:

The biggest issue I am having with Bayo is the combos that require a pause of button presses. I struggle with the timing

I'm bad at those too, thankfully not all weapons use them though. Finally got my chainsaw ice skates so I'm in my zone now

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Got Bayonetta downloaded, played a level or two. The gameplay itself is decent so far, nothing special but certainly enjoyable

But man the over the top bullshit and mega anime dialogue is fun as hell and extremely engaging. Gives me MGS vibes at times, and the art style is extremely strong and stylish. It's so campy and dumb and fun and those enemy designs are sick

I need to play it some more to get a better hang of the combat, too bad I have a nasty work backlog and need to write like 20 blog posts before I can pick up my switch again 😨

Hmm maybe I'll do a level in between every 5 posts.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Sakurazuka posted:

Stone statues are the punishment

If the game is trying to shame by calling me bad or something then it's wasting its time. I have no shame!

goferchan posted:

Midair dodge, Bat Within, and the stinger attacks (Stiletto, and I forget the punch one's name) are all essential

Thanks! I'll pick those up next.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Only gripe with bayonettas is the levels are not fun to explore

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Junkie Disease posted:

Only gripe with bayonettas is the levels are not fun to explore

Platinum doesn't really do exploration. It's really all about beating poo poo up and over the top antics.

The only game they have done afaik that actually tries to tackle any meaningful exploration is Nier: A and the exploration is terrible in that game.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

It's kinda a shame that with everything Bayonetta 2 fixed, it had to gently caress around with the way Witch Time works and make it a requirement to play the game. Being given Witch Time like normally makes Infinite Climax feel less special

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Is shooting all the trash in the bayo levels worth the time it takes or are the halos and items dwarfed big time by enemy drops?

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
I really loved la noire on 360 but never finished it, how is the switch version? Can't imagine it will stay full price for long

Weedle
May 31, 2006

John Romero posted:

I really loved la noire on 360 but never finished it, how is the switch version? Can't imagine it will stay full price for long

I haven’t played any other versions but the Switch version plays fine.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Al Borland Corp. posted:

The bat within is a really good one too, iirc. Basically doubles your dodge frame window.
Plus you can yell OPEN GET!! every time you dodge that way.

Or is that just me?

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
What the heck, Owlboy is $25? That's about ten dollars more than I expected. Is Mercenaries Saga any good?

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Woo Nintendo sent me a real code for bayo 1

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Bayonetta and Equilibrium version Christian Bale need a team up game.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Night in the Woods is terrific. I fear I'm rushing through it but it's just such a good narrative.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Mister Facetious posted:

:yeah:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Mister Facetious posted:

I'd play this.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Equilibrium was surprisingly influential on Japanese games.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
I've played about an hour of Bayonetta so far and it's pretty fun. I'm pretty much just mashing the poo poo out of buttons, but it's working.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Bayonetta 2 owns

I'm kind of feeling how tiny the controller is for the first time though. This poo poo is gonna give me carpal tunnel.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

creationist believer posted:

Steamworld Dig 2 is great and should scratch your Metroidvania itch

I didn't like the first one, felt like a FTP game to me.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Samurai Sanders posted:

I could totally see this even if you’re joking.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Rolo posted:

I could totally see this even if you’re joking.
I'm not. At least the Blazblue guys cited it as an influence for Noel.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I got the Stiletto attack and the Midair Dodge but I didn't see Bat Within. Is it something I have to find during a stage? I just started Chapter 3.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

ethical_rage posted:

If anyone is looking to pick up a pro controller they're $50 at walmart right now. They go for about that used on ebay.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-Pro-Controller-HACAFSSKA/55485228

Amazon did a price match on most of the Walmart deals today.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

E2M2 posted:

I didn't like the first one, felt like a FTP game to me.

The sequel is great

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Silver Falcon posted:

I got the Stiletto attack and the Midair Dodge but I didn't see Bat Within. Is it something I have to find during a stage? I just started Chapter 3.

Bat Within is not available until you get Beast Within, which is unlocked through story progression.

In Bayo 2 you can get both from the shop at the start, I think.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bayo 2 starts you with panther and midair dodge and they cant be taken off

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Silver Falcon posted:

If the game is trying to shame by calling me bad or something then it's wasting its time. I have no shame!

:same:

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Samurai Sanders posted:

Equilibrium was the first movie I can remember that felt like watching what video games aspire to look like

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Bayonetta has touch screen support. What in the world.

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

Reality Loser posted:

Bayonetta has touch screen support. What in the world.

Holdover from the Wii U version.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Samurai Sanders posted:

I seriously wondered if the remaster was going to have a special lolmeme mode along with the standard mode.

Wait, so will Dark Souls Switch have a Funky Mode or not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Night in the Woods is terrific. I fear I'm rushing through it but it's just such a good narrative.

I liked it so much I immediately started again after I finished it and focused on Gregg instead of Bea this time.

• Locked thread