Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

GyverMac posted:

Somebody make a mod that removes the lock on feature, it will break this game in half. If you rush enemies that are not aware of you and just start wailing on them, they cant do anything. It seems the AI is completely dependent on being in "lock on mode" to be able to block.

Do you still lock on while mounted?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Lockpicking is hard.
How important is it to stick with it?

Edit: Found a way to make it much easier. Back out of the attempt and retry until you the sweet spot is in a good place (like right near the center).

The Lone Badger fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Feb 18, 2018

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Siding with the poachers in the Hanakin Hare quest is almost worth it, just not the long follow sequence and another part after that. You get much more out of it than just killing everyone, unless you find Hare after the attack but I didn't try that to the end

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
Any way to stop my game freezing for 5-10 seconds every minute or so? It's very annoying. I would have though a gtx970 +16GB RAM would be good enough, but it doesn't seem so.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

School Nickname posted:

Any way to stop my game freezing for 5-10 seconds every minute or so? It's very annoying. I would have though a gtx970 +16GB RAM would be good enough, but it doesn't seem so.

That's probably HD usage, so turn your textures down I guess

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

The weird thing is that the Theresa romance is (so far at least) actually well written moment to moment, it's just wham bam thank you ma'am over

yeah this is what i thought too. the romance itself seemed fairly convincing, much as these video game romances ever are, and theresa is not a weak character. i was hoping she'd be built into later parts of the game.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
So what's the best deal on this? Even GMG doesn't seem to have any kind of proper discounts.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

GyverMac posted:

Somebody make a mod that removes the lock on feature, it will break this game in half. If you rush enemies that are not aware of you and just start wailing on them, they cant do anything. It seems the AI is completely dependent on being in "lock on mode" to be able to block.

I mean, that's like saying that chess is way easier if you don't worry about which piece is which. The system reacts that way because doing it any other way would turn into absolute chaos. It would basically be incredibly lethal Skyrim.

Fosson
Feb 26, 2011

Perestroika posted:

Goddamn, I wish the main quest would give me some room to breathe once in a while. It started out with an innocuous hunting trip, and then bandits! Now the stud farm is burning, rush there! Now the prime witness is missing, chase after him! That lead to another suspect, hurry to him before his mates get him!. It's nice to have a sense of urgency every now and then, but at this point I've just been hustling from one place to another, always with an implied time limit hanging over my head (given that the game has already shown itself willing to have quests outright fail if you wait for too long), for several hours' worth of gameplay. I just wanna take a moment, sell off all the swag I looted rightfully won, do a sidequest or three, and go on a proper shopping spree.

Somewhere in your spoilers text was my third actual "out in the world" duel and I had just the Seax at the time. It was like a 10 minute fight to the death in the woods and was loving epic. Mercy killed the guy at the end. Went back and it seems like I had a sequence break on how I continued the quest (like everyone knew what had happened), but man...way more rewarding than if I had killed 100 people in the already 10 hours I have played in some other game.

I left off where you are at and I think it seems like there might be some breathing room after. For the map seeming kind of small, it looks like it's packed with things to do. I have heard that this is a 50-100hr game, so I'm still taking this as just learning the ropes. Absolutely loving it too.
Also still using the outer armor of the poo poo I stole after Run! and it's just torn and filthy as gently caress. In fact, I'm really looking the part of someone who does not belong, but has "balls of steel" as they are telling me. :v:

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

AlternateAccount posted:

So what's the best deal on this? Even GMG doesn't seem to have any kind of proper discounts.

grey market cd key stuff is the only way to get any kind of noticable discount, it seems :(

so what's the fastest mount? i bought the tier 5 one from the stables where the massacre happened. he's pretty good, but i suspect there's a better one out there

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Neurosis posted:

grey market cd key stuff is the only way to get any kind of noticable discount, it seems :(

so what's the fastest mount? i bought the tier 5 one from the stables where the massacre happened. he's pretty good, but i suspect there's a better one out there

Eh I ain't into that. I just used an 18% code I found for GMG: WOOF18

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
edit: never mind, mod has caused problems for some people on nexus and i don't want to give people a virus

Neurosis fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Feb 18, 2018

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
Apparently

wh_pl_showfirecursor 1

is the console command for a bow targeting reticle to appear

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid
So how open is the story?

Can I just roam around and mount and blade it up after a certain point, or are there just a few branching paths?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Is anyone really upset that there's no Czech voice actors in this game or is that just me?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Will people notice if I'm wearing stolen clothes? Or only if I try to sell them?

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

^^ Only when you try to sell them

Bondematt posted:

Can I just roam around and mount and blade it up after a certain point, or are there just a few branching paths?

Each individual quest is usually a bit open-ended in terms of how you solve it, but there's no major branching paths that I've seen so far. You are free to stop doing the main quest and just do side quests or go poaching/thieving for a while. As soon as the prologue ends the whole world opens up for you to explore (but you should do the main quest until Neuhof).

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

An old whore (literally an NPC named Old Whore) asked me to get money owed her by a john who didn't pay. He drank at the tavern all night and I followed him home. I stripped naked so he wouldn't hear me nosing about in his house, then tried to pick his pocket since I guess he sleeps with his wallet. Even naked I suck at pick pocketing and woke him up, so I panicked and covered his mouth with one hand and drove a dagger into his heart with the other. The old whore got her money and asked for another favor. Two dead bodies later, yet a third. I'm beginning to think this woman using me to get what she feels the world owes her may in fact be the devil...

Fosson
Feb 26, 2011
That hunting segment reminds me of a certain mission in Operation Flashpoint Cold War Crisis. Seeing as some devs made this as well as Mafia devs...probably why I'm loving it all. It's been feeling a bit streamlined on the tutorial stuff but like 10hrs of it, yet it feels good. Like I feel I can think outside the box a bit on quests, and not rush skills or whatever I'm doing. After one of the patrols, I just sat down after at the inn and got drunk.

Haha and then I realized I had to meet someone at dawn in 5 hours and stumbled through town trying to find a close place to sleep which pissed some people off (and later saw guards going into the houses checking poo poo because of me)...just like real life!

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
Hey, what's the consensus pick for Good Horse from Neuhof -- Bucephalus, the Arabian, or some other?

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
You'll get arrested if you don't have a torch at night

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

Hey, what's the consensus pick for Good Horse from Neuhof -- Bucephalus, the Arabian, or some other?

Bucephalus has the most carrying capacity and the other stats are all pretty good as well, the stamina is low but you're rarely going to notice that.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

stats on horses taken from here:

http://twinfinite.net/2018/02/kingdom-come-deliverance-best-horse-how/

Main Story Horse
Pebbles – 49 speed, 172 capacity, 8 courage, 210 stamina

Uzhitz Best Horse
Rocinante – 31 speed, 148 capacity, 16 courage, 159 stamina

Hatatitla – 37 speed, 228 capacity, 12 courage, 250 stamina

Sleipnir – 39 speed, 260 capacity, 18 courage, 250 stamina

Pegasus – 42 speed, 180 capacity, 15 courage, 310 stamina

Kanthaka – 40 speed, 196 capacity, 20 courage, 410 stamina

Neuhof Best Horse
Al-Buraq – 39 speed, 252 capacity, 15 courage, 410 stamina

Tulpar – 39 speed, 252 capacity, 11 courage, 230 stamina

Chollima – 37 speed, 188 capacity, 15 courage, 510 stamina

Trojan – 34 speed, 292 capacity, 7 courage, 230 stamina

Bucephalus – 36 speed, 276 capacity, 19 courage, 270 stamina

Epona – 37 speed, 212 capacity, 5 courage, 430 stamina

Boxer – 33 speed, 212 capacity, 11 courage, 250 stamina

Schemig – 35 speed, 252 capacity, 19 courage, 210 stamina

Bayard – 35 speed, 260 capacity, 11 courage, 350 stamina

it seems like whether to take pegasus, kanthaka or al-buraq is a matter of preference. surprised that good old pebbles is so fast, pity about the stamina.

while on the subject of horses i'm doing a quest now about one that made me chuckle. you have to get a stallion for a noblewoman that's far too irascible for its own good, and no one can deal with him except one groom. when you ask him how he does it he sheepishly explains he sings to the horse. 'i... know how it looks'. little writing touches like that show the writer understood better than the writers of the wooden puppets you get in bioware and bethesda games.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

fuf posted:

the bugged out constant "HENRY HAS COME TO SEE US!" in the middle of cutscenes and dialogue is so fuckin distracting. Like there's a cool bit with the priest where you have to give a sermon and all the way through the congregation is just saying "HELLO HENRY" over and over again -- it's ridiculous.

Really I should forget this for 6 months and wait for some patches, but it's good enough that I wanna keep playing now.

Shaaun!

Also, I second the person who said archery gets SUPER strong eventually. With top arrows and a good/great bow, you'll kill stuff easy. And if you're armored up enough, most attacks can't hurt you unless you've 3 people beating on you at once.

And the new thread title should be "I'm a McLovin' Casanova Celibate Monk"

Fosson
Feb 26, 2011

Phi230 posted:

You'll get arrested if you don't have a torch at night

Also don't think you can just poach at will in the woods.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
So, I know this has probably been asked a heap of times now, but what's the fastest/easiest way to get stealth up to five, so I can get the stealth-kill perk? Since I'm up to 'Nest of Vipers' and although I can get into the camp and wander around gathering intel on the Cumans and Runt's gang (before burning some of their arrows) easily enough, I'd like to be able to pick off some of the sentries around the place, to hopefully make things a bit easier, later on.

Scherloch
Oct 28, 2010

Yeah!
Had to reload due to a bug, losing about 45 minutes of progress. Kind of poo poo, but whatever. As I'm redoing some tedious woodland adventure, some peasant wearing a potato sack and wielding a ladle attacks me. After killing him and taking his valuables (some silver and aforementioned ladle) his friend comes screaming towards me. His friend proved a much more formidable opponent, with his polearm and his proper armor. I'm starting to think that this guy might be too much for me, when his AI promptly breaks and he starts running in circles. I tackle him and start wailing on him, which resets his AI, but now his health is low enough that I just need a quick stab to end him. After that is done, I loot the dude and find some massive upgrades. We're talking armor with double to quadruple the defense ratings of the armor I'm wearing, and probably worth ten times as much.

I'm probably going to be way overconfident in combat for a while.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Had the game bug out and z-axis me into the ground, which would stick even if I fast traveled. Whoops

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Major Isoor posted:

So, I know this has probably been asked a heap of times now, but what's the fastest/easiest way to get stealth up to five, so I can get the stealth-kill perk? Since I'm up to 'Nest of Vipers' and although I can get into the camp and wander around gathering intel on the Cumans and Runt's gang (before burning some of their arrows) easily enough, I'd like to be able to pick off some of the sentries around the place, to hopefully make things a bit easier, later on.

The game spawns in what it needs so killing people during the sabotage doesn't actually do anything - I wasn't skilled at stealth so I killed the entire cuman camp in open combat, but there were still cumans during the assault.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Bondematt posted:

the main quest is completely linear. you can do sidequests whenever, of course.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Neurosis posted:

Main Story Horse
Pebbles – 49 speed, 172 capacity, 8 courage, 210 stamina

Uzhitz Best Horse
Rocinante – 31 speed, 148 capacity, 16 courage, 159 stamina

Hatatitla – 37 speed, 228 capacity, 12 courage, 250 stamina

Sleipnir – 39 speed, 260 capacity, 18 courage, 250 stamina

Neuhof Best Horse

Tulpar – 39 speed, 252 capacity, 11 courage, 230 stamina

Chollima – 37 speed, 188 capacity, 15 courage, 510 stamina

Trojan – 34 speed, 292 capacity, 7 courage, 230 stamina

Epona – 37 speed, 212 capacity, 5 courage, 430 stamina

Boxer – 33 speed, 212 capacity, 11 courage, 250 stamina

Schemig – 35 speed, 252 capacity, 19 courage, 210 stamina

Bayard – 35 speed, 260 capacity, 11 courage, 350 stamina

it seems like whether to take pegasus, kanthaka or al-buraq is a matter of preference. surprised that good old pebbles is so fast, pity about the stamina.

while on the subject of horses i'm doing a quest now about one that made me chuckle. you have to get a stallion for a noblewoman that's far too irascible for its own good, and no one can deal with him except one groom. when you ask him how he does it he sheepishly explains he sings to the horse. 'i... know how it looks'. little writing touches like that show the writer understood better than the writers of the wooden puppets you get in bioware and bethesda games.

Go to Merhojed.

Bring 2600 coins.

Go find Warhorse Jenda.

You're welcome.

https://twitter.com/DanielVavra/status/732908608229380098

:(

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Major Isoor posted:

You can strip a cuman sentry and wear their armor to sneak around the camp.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
henry, i did not want you to bang sir divish's wife when (1) he has been so nice to you and seems like an all-round competent good guy and (2) theresa is your girlfriend :mad:

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Neurosis posted:

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Go find Warhorse Jenda.

You're welcome.

https://twitter.com/DanielVavra/status/732908608229380098

But Warhorse Jenda stats:

40 speed, 268 capacity, 17 courage, 450 Stamina

gasman
Mar 21, 2013

hey now

Clanpot Shake posted:

An old whore (literally an NPC named Old Whore) asked me to get money owed her by a john who didn't pay. He drank at the tavern all night and I followed him home. I stripped naked so he wouldn't hear me nosing about in his house, then tried to pick his pocket since I guess he sleeps with his wallet. Even naked I suck at pick pocketing and woke him up, so I panicked and covered his mouth with one hand and drove a dagger into his heart with the other. The old whore got her money and asked for another favor. Two dead bodies later, yet a third. I'm beginning to think this woman using me to get what she feels the world owes her may in fact be the devil...

Where was the john? I don't think he spawned for me, maybe because I had no pickpocket skill.

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...
can't beat first guy in fist fight.. Kunesh... game of the year.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

TipsyMcStagger posted:

can't beat first guy in fist fight.. Kunesh... game of the year.

Come back with ur boys.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Does an SSD make a lot of difference to performance in this?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Hey, those ancient treasure maps that you get from pre ordering? Yeah, dump that poo poo in the bin and forget about them. Not only are the contents pretty mediocre, finding them is literally impossible from the maps.

And I don't mean that in the sense that I don't want to search. I mean that the maps are entirely wrong. The first map shows you turning left at a house along the road and moving in a straight line into the forest. Cool. So you go to an abandoned house on the side of the road in about the right spot and ride into the forest. Nothing. Look all around, nothing.

Look up the answer online and the house referenced in the maps is not on the road, as the map says, but way back in the forest where it isn't visible from the road. You have to go way out of the way from the first house to find the damned thing, then wander around until you stumble on to the grave. You don't even get a tooltip until you are standing on top of it. And in the end, all you get is stuff that is pretty mid tier with warhorse branding on it!

Just loot armor off bandits. It is way more fun and you can actually get good stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
Are there any other millers besides Peshek and the one he has you meet?