Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

What happened to the legendary Chris Redfield, huh? What happened to you?!
I made a troubling discovery today when I learned my church no longer carries lactose free milk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

no youre a liberal
Mar 28, 2009

our future

binge crotching posted:

It's a great price but a weird fit. Because of that I haven't use it as much as I expected to, but I've still gotten my $20 out of it.

super weird fit.the sleeves are way too short

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I am going to renew my Costco membership today.

$120 PREMIUM CASHBACK MEMBERSHIP WITH REUSUABLE COUPON BOOKS

or

$60 Poverty Edition that'll get you through the door to the hot dogs?

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Huge_Midget posted:

I love the Kirkland brand giant dogs. My only problem is that they don’t also sell the buns they use for them in the food court. I have yet to find the perfect bun for those perfect dogs.

I know you can find them at one of the business delivery locations, and I thought I had seen them at the regular ones as well.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Wirth1000 posted:

$60 Poverty Edition that'll get you through the door to the hot dogs?

If you’re only interested in the dogs, you should be able to get to the food court without a membership. Just head in through the out door.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

RJWaters2 posted:

Dogs love the on-sale peanut butter banana coins
And I love them dogs

That sounds like it would be good for humans too...

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Jingleheimer posted:

Are you taking about the two jugs of softsoap? I just got done with the first of my two jugs and it took me like two and a half years.

I am indeed. I think it was $8 for those things, it's absurdity.

Chinatown posted:

My parents went to Costco and bought too much Kirkland Brand Food Court Hot Dogs. At least too many for them.

I have taken them off their hands. Eatin' good this weekend boys.

I haven't checked the meat section, do they sell packs of the same dogs they make in the food court? I'd be tempted to buy some and a huge pack of buns and then freeze the buns so they last.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Mo_Steel posted:

I haven't checked the meat section, do they sell packs of the same dogs they make in the food court? I'd be tempted to buy some and a huge pack of buns and then freeze the buns so they last.

The food court used to use the same ones they sell, but Costco is so committed to keeping the dog price at $1.50 that a few years back they opened up their own hot dog factory to keep costs down and that's what the food court uses now.

They also did the same thing with their chickens, they opened up one or two of their own chicken farms and that's where they get their eggs and rotisserie chickens from now. Why buy stuff from other people when you can just make the poo poo yourself.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Tremors posted:

I made a troubling discovery today when I learned my church no longer carries lactose free milk.

lactose free milk isn't actually lactose free. It's just milk with the lactase enzyme added because your stupid body doesn't produce it(or possibly your intestinal microbiome doesn't produce it). You can get the same thing by buying any lactase pill like lactaid and taking one every time you drink regular milk or eat regular cheese and not have to limit yourself to stuff labeled lactose free.

https://www.costco.com/Kirkland-Signature-Fast-Acting-Lactase%2C-180-Caplets.product.100016086.html

Just watch because some brands are only 3000u of lactase per pill where some are 9000u.

Grab the 9000u, slam a couple back while waiting in line and smash a piece or two of pizza on the way out, you might not even poo poo yourself on the way home.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Feb 17, 2018

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Jingleheimer posted:

The food court used to use the same ones they sell, but Costco is so committed to keeping the dog price at $1.50 that a few years back they opened up their own hot dog factory to keep costs down and that's what the food court uses now.

They also did the same thing with their chickens, they opened up one or two of their own chicken farms and that's where they get their eggs and rotisserie chickens from now. Why buy stuff from other people when you can just make the poo poo yourself.

Time to add "Kirkland 1/4 lbs. hot dog packs" to my list for the next pilgrimage then.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Chinatown posted:

dog or a pizza slice

the eternal question

both

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

picked up a collected works of hp lovecraft for $15

also some prime strip steaks, some london broil, and flank steak

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

also they have 3 foot sherpa pillows for $15!

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Bury me in sherpa blankets when I die

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

picked up a collected works of hp lovecraft for $15

:hfive:

I got that same book a while back. Haven't read any of it yet though.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

A Costco prime NY Strip is a treat.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

GORDON posted:

A Costco prime NY Strip is a treat.

I agree with this 100%

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I just bought like $200 worth of steak, pork, and chicken. My freezer hasn't looked this ballin' in a long time.

DustyNuts
Jun 1, 2000

Have you seen me?

I had one of those Costco visits today where you're just totally comfortable in the spending zone. Walking up and down each aisle, just grabbing things on a whim: some pants and a shirt, bathing suit and PJs for the kid, a book, pillows for the couch, various foods like chips, mangoes and jerky, USB charging outlets, motion-sensing trashcan, etc. etc. Eating up all the samples along the way, feeling thirsty and coming across the carrot juice and POM sample tables. A line at the end that took no more than 5 minutes. Pretending that the $350+ total at the end is no big deal. Would have capped the trip off with a dog, but we had brunch an hour before. PBUC

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

DustyNuts posted:

A line at the end that took no more than 5 minutes.

I'm kind of astounded at how fast the lines always are, even when congested. Why is there never any major holdups? No coupons? No old ladies writing checks at the last moment? No price checks when something doesn't ring up?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Yeah freezing steaks and thawing them out is a pro move. I honestly can't tell any degradation of quality after thawing and grilling them.

Plus the quality of the steaks they put out is superior to almost anywhere else, and consistent, IMHO.

Ate one last night actually!!!

PBUC

DustyNuts
Jun 1, 2000

Have you seen me?

Oh yeah and the funny moment of the visit today was a lady with her lanky dog that was wearing a "SERVICE ANIMAL" vest, and it was totally unruly, licking the floor, and having to be dragged by his leash all over the fuckin place :lol: Very well trained fake rear end bullshit

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

GORDON posted:

No old ladies writing checks at the last moment?

PBUC, this might be worth the price of membership alone. I hardly see any old people at the Co.

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
What the

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...
FYI for anyone looking to buy the dogs they sell in the food court for your own in house worship, they are not in the meat department, they are in the cooler section usually next to the bacon.

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

My wife and I got to experience some brazen racism from a checkout person at our local costco, but we still shop there because $1.50 hotdogs are a hard bargain to beat.

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Tolerating Racism for Hot Dogs

sounds like an upcoming michael moore documentary

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

InternetJunky posted:

My wife and I got to experience some brazen racism from a checkout person at our local costco, but we still shop there because $1.50 hotdogs are a hard bargain to beat.

What happened?

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

Olanphonia posted:

What happened?
I am white, my wife is East Indian. I was unloading our shopping cart for checkout so I gave my wife my Costco card to give to the cashier. Cashier, after checking the photo on the card, launches into a huge spiel about how my wife can't use someone else's Costco card. When my wife points out that the card belongs to me (still unloading at the time), cashier gets even more exasperated saying "he's not allowed to buy stuff for you on his card either." She went into a huge speech about how she'll get in trouble if she allows this and "she's sick and tired of dealing with people like you" and honestly I don't remember everything because I was a bit stunned by the exchange. Finally I asked if she gave all married couples this hard of a time when shopping together and she shut up and finished ringing everything up.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
That sounds like something you that should be brought up to customer service at the very least.

I've gotten poo poo when my wife pays for stuff using her card (literally the same account), and to be honest It's pretty grating. But that's nowhere near as lovely as what you had to deal with.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
Costco cards have photos on them? Is it only the membership that nets you cash back? My girlfriend and I were each given a card and we only paid for one membership. Seems insane if you're getting grief about using a different card on the same account. Seems... like there's a heretic in the Church. Demand they atone or suffer the wraith of the Holiest.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
We’ve gotten grief for trying to use my membership card with wife’s credit card before too even though we are on the same membership. cashier said it’s a hassle for them to deal with later so it could be a pain for them to deal with. You’d think they could just give you two cards that list both members names on their.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

The warehouse of savings must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of members and heretics.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Had a late vday dinner at Ruth’s Chris with our Costco purchased discount gift cards. Still way too expensive for one meal tho. Today I’m installing my two pack of USB charge outlets. PBUC

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

hope and vaseline posted:

Bury me in sherpa blankets when I die

That which is sherp-clad may never die pbuc

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
ate a kirkland dog grilled on my cast iron for breakfast

i am ready to conquer the day

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

InternetJunky posted:

I am white, my wife is East Indian. I was unloading our shopping cart for checkout so I gave my wife my Costco card to give to the cashier. Cashier, after checking the photo on the card, launches into a huge spiel about how my wife can't use someone else's Costco card. When my wife points out that the card belongs to me (still unloading at the time), cashier gets even more exasperated saying "he's not allowed to buy stuff for you on his card either." She went into a huge speech about how she'll get in trouble if she allows this and "she's sick and tired of dealing with people like you" and honestly I don't remember everything because I was a bit stunned by the exchange. Finally I asked if she gave all married couples this hard of a time when shopping together and she shut up and finished ringing everything up.

I saw an exchange like this in front of me in line once, the cashier was making a big deal because the married couple didn't have the same last name on their card.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Bucnasti posted:

I saw an exchange like this in front of me in line once, the cashier was making a big deal because the married couple didn't have the same last name on their card.

My wife and I had separate accounts for years and never had trouble, but I didn't have a grainy, lovely photo on the back of my card footer a long time and the cashiers at the church closest to me would always make a big deal out of it. The same location also had cashiers that act like it is an imposition if you answer that yes you would like a box. It'd it wasn't 20 to 30 minutes pout of my way to go to a different church I would do so.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

I bought the $30 hammock, it holds my fat rear end and is fun even in February. Can’t wait to take it camping this summer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008
My boyfriend uses my membership all the time with his own debit card. I'm usually standing next to him at the checkout, but I've never had a problem with guesting people in and letting them use my membership with their debit/visa. Honestly, I'm not even sure if they look at the name/picture most of the time. My costco is super chill in general.