Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Thanks! Both of those looks like they will either be really fun or absolutely game breaking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

ZeusCannon posted:

Thanks! Both of those looks like they will either be really fun or absolutely game breaking

why not both

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
I'm ready for some high impact gadgets after a year of nothing.

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.

ZeusCannon posted:

FInka seems to be countered by enough. I can see them changing lion to being 1 speed 3 armor before he goes live.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I'm surprised Vigil isn't immune to the Lion Scanner

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I think i missed it in the video and cant re watxh noq but does the finka thing have a range or can she revive across map?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

ZeusCannon posted:

I think i missed it in the video and cant re watxh noq but does the finka thing have a range or can she revive across map?

Anywhere on the map.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Lion seems a straight upgrade to the Spanish op whose name i forget

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

Flipswitch posted:

Jackass, err I mean Jackal.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
It's interesting because now that they've mentioned a Ban/Pick system, stuff like Smoke, Lesion and Echo being a counter to Finka; Echo to Dokkaebi (sort of) etc makes way more sense.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

Azran posted:

they've mentioned a Ban/Pick system

ash/ela mains btfo

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

Cup Runneth Over posted:

It affects me when my cool game gets bogged down in stupid microtransaction bullshit I'm not interested in, dumbass.

lol... and they try to teach me in med school that there is no medical test to properly diagnose autism spectrum disorder.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
i cna't afford 30$ once a year for a video game that i play religiously, but they better fuckin be updating this game and they better fuckin be nerfing ela and constantly releasing new patches, release new operators and new maps too. i rly think taht the cosmetics ARe stupid and there should be no way for the developpers to still be making money to fund the updates the game is receiving 3 years after its release.

- quote from a r/The_Donald user, most likely

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

The Bananana posted:

Speaking for myself, although it doesn't affect me personally either, since I don't buy them, it's still probably distracting to the dev team and management--postponing actually game development, improvement or god, even a sequel--if they think they can keep getting money out of the player base by shifting to this new approach. Ergo, I have my concerns, understand his, and believe you should too.

protip: it isn't, they don't go "ok, time for a new cosmetic for Sledge.. Bob, Richard, Adolf, Stalin, Bob, you guys stop working on Operation Chimera and get Sledge a Jack Nicholson from the Shining outfit." you goddamn idiot lmfao

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

the game has a ton of mtx already ya piece of poo poo.

Still my favourite thing in Siege is throwing a black eye or gu out and a teammate walks into your throw so you end up underhand tossing it to their rear end, which wounds then permanently

tjones
May 13, 2005
I just want them to fix the game. My hibana charges bugged twice today.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
the only dev related thing cosmetics would actually interfere with are map assets.

but stuff like hats and charms are pretty simple and easy to set aside if they needed to prioritize. with the exception of the elite stuff, weapon and character skins are literally a 1 person re-texture job in photoshop.

they do seem to be putting a lot more effort into the stuff they're adding which is cool but lol if they actually hired people for this to be their full time job those fuckers are gonna be extremely overpaid

tjones posted:

I just want them to fix the game. My hibana charges bugged twice today.

do you ADS with the gadget? the only time i ever have problems with it is when hipshooting while strafing

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

I AM BRAWW posted:

(...) get Sledge a Jack Nicholson from the Shining outfit.(...)

Welp time to bust out that wallet.

I love how Finka gets Ela mine resistance but not Echo resistance, like that makes any sense. Ela will probably be still OP, but I like how they're adding a lot more counters and interactions, I hope they continiue to do so, maybe even for existing operators.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Flipswitch posted:

Jackal has the ability to see footprints which is still really useful even if his tracking isn't as good, but yeah, it's a bit silly.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Would have been cool if they made it so Vigil is invisible to Lion drone when his ability is active.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

keyframe posted:

Would have been cool if they made it so Vigil is invisible to Lion drone when his ability is active.

Would have made no sense though because Vigil's gadget only (canonically) works on drones and cameras in a certain range while the eye in the sky doesn't actually provide a video feed. Seems more like echolocation or something.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Somehow I get the feeling that the shaky effect and sound from Lion's gadget is gonna get really annoying in a hurry.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

asterioth posted:

FInka seems to be countered by enough. I can see them changing lion to being 1 speed 3 armor before he goes live.

Seeing how big the model is, I got the feeling he was meant to be a 3 armor but was then turned into a goofy medium.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I AM BRAWW posted:

lol... and they try to teach me in med school that there is no medical test to properly diagnose autism spectrum disorder.

I AM BRAWW posted:

i cna't afford 30$ once a year for a video game that i play religiously, but they better fuckin be updating this game and they better fuckin be nerfing ela and constantly releasing new patches, release new operators and new maps too. i rly think taht the cosmetics ARe stupid and there should be no way for the developpers to still be making money to fund the updates the game is receiving 3 years after its release.

- quote from a r/The_Donald user, most likely

I AM BRAWW posted:

protip: it isn't, they don't go "ok, time for a new cosmetic for Sledge.. Bob, Richard, Adolf, Stalin, Bob, you guys stop working on Operation Chimera and get Sledge a Jack Nicholson from the Shining outfit." you goddamn idiot lmfao

I feel like you just tested positive on it

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Why the gently caress can your teammates flash you as Ying?

If an enemy kills you after you've been blinded by a teammate's flash they should get a -100 teamkill assist

Cup Runneth Over fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Feb 18, 2018

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I wish ying would flash me irl.

Did they get around to buffing her lmg or gadget at all? I love playing her but struggle a bit with the LMG. Haven't played in a while.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Flipswitch posted:

Did they get around to buffing her lmg or gadget at all? I love playing her but struggle a bit with the LMG. Haven't played in a while.

She sucks but she's still fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW89DA3bp50

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Flipswitch posted:

Nothing major since her release that I can remember, no. At this point I've basically switched to rolling with her shotgun 24/7 and only using her when there's a fairly small/cramped map coming up. The pistol's good enough for mid-range work, and the Candela really shines against targets in smaller rooms anyway. Throw in one, wait a second to see how they react (most people tend to immediately start spraying the doorway, don't get hit by that), throw another, and then just walk in and casually murder anybody inside at your leisure.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Why the gently caress can your teammates flash you as Ying?

If an enemy kills you after you've been blinded by a teammate's flash they should get a -100 teamkill assist

She doesn't share her special glasses but nanobots person does share their nanos.

They could write something into the story to allow Jackal to not be flashed since he has fancy eyewear already.

tjones
May 13, 2005

Thief posted:

do you ADS with the gadget? the only time i ever have problems with it is when hipshooting while strafing

I'm doing all sorts of poo poo when it bugs out. Sometimes I'm not afforded the opportunity to stand completely still and line up shots. That said, the most egregious example from yesterday was two of the six charges bouncing off of construction on clubhouse. The two top outside pellets did not stick, the rest were OK. I was looking dead-on at the wall and aiming down sites so I could line up perfectly with the charge I placed right below it. I was maybe 10 feet away from the wall.

Hibana is my goto-main so a lot of times I'm stuck playing her if no one else picks her. It happens all the time throughout all types of scenarios. I will say it tends to happen more at weird angles (at least, anecdotally). Either way its frustrating and needs to be fixed.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

JHVH-1 posted:

She doesn't share her special glasses but nanobots person does share their nanos.

They could write something into the story to allow Jackal to not be flashed since he has fancy eyewear already.

I'm talking about how her special glasses don't protect her from bog standard flashbangs from your teammates, which is retarded

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

Cup Runneth Over posted:

I'm talking about how her special glasses don't protect her from bog standard flashbangs from your teammates, which is retarded

Well I'm guessing technology wise it works the way those electronic 3D glasses work that sync up with what the TV is playing, so it times it along with the flash.

Like this kinda tech

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ6rLhkZ3Hg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4j3AphZ75pI

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

And the active camouflage???

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

I AM BRAWW posted:

Get hosed.

tjones
May 13, 2005

Cup Runneth Over posted:

And the active camouflage???

Nanobots. They've opened the bag. We're full on MGS poo poo now.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

tjones posted:

Nanobots. They've opened the bag. We're full on MGS poo poo now.

Then why don't the loving nanobots in my glasses block MY OWN TEAMMATES' FLASHES

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
So briefly tuned into the invitationals and they were talking about the new design choices and i would swear they said youll be able to see the other teams picks now for ops.

Please tell me i misunderstood

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

ZeusCannon posted:

So briefly tuned into the invitationals and they were talking about the new design choices and i would swear they said youll be able to see the other teams picks now for ops.

Please tell me i misunderstood

You see the other teams picks and have the option of repicking one operator, which won't be shown to the other team.

ALSO, Hereford rework.

EDIT: ALSO, Clubhouse rework.

Fresh Shesh Besh fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Feb 18, 2018

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!
I am coming to hate flashes because 99% of the time the main use is some imbecile on my team flashing me. Like it isn't hard to say flash so I can at least look away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

You see the other teams picks and have the option of repicking one operator, which won't be shown to the other team.

ALSO, Hereford rework.

EDIT: ALSO, Clubhouse rework.

This is pretty exciting, I love map reworks. The new way into basement alone is pretty great.