Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Olive! posted:

the cast of senran kagura are 15 year old girls you rip the clothes off of
this is true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Endorph posted:

good news: the cast of senran kagura are both ninjas and do ninja things
my memory of the senran kagura game I played was them mostly sitting in their club room like its houkago nin time

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Grapplejack posted:

chat thread can a daedric prince die? can you kill one? what happens if you do

What's actually important is whether a daedric prince uses Katanas and if it makes him an Edgeprince.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

homeless snail posted:

my memory of the senran kagura game I played was them mostly sitting in their club room like its houkago nin time
thats mostly just the first act of the games with the plot stuff coming later, tho tbh the only senran kagura game id describe as having a 'plot' is deep crimson

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Pigbuster posted:

Yeah, I wanted to say the same thing but couldn't put together the proper words. It's worth mentioning that Skyrim table Tweet is part of a thread about clever video game workarounds and isn't actually denigrating it. Worth reading.

Where is this thread?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Seedge posted:

Where is this thread?

unfortunately, he meant a twitter thread, as in the replies of that tweet

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

its all the same stuff that gets posted every year on this topic anyway, a lot of which are urban legends

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i was thinking Kingdom Come would be a Two Worlds II situation where the jank is charming but now i'm seeing a lot of reviews saying it's legit good??? anyone confirm/deny

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

Grapplejack posted:

chat thread can a daedric prince die? can you kill one? what happens if you do

Mortality only exists in Mundus/mortal world and all daedra live outside of it in so it's impossible for them to actually die. Divine "death" is described in TES as basically going into a sleep you can wake up from at any time you choose and no time has passed when you do

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

cheetah7071 posted:

Okay I was all ready to defend the word edgelord as a useful one if the conversation went that way but apparently it's been reduced down to "uses a katana" so gently caress it strike it from the dictionaries please

gonna lol at this guy for not seeing the “edgelord->katana master” joke

Olive! posted:

the cast of senran kagura are 15 year old girls you rip the clothes off of

whoa hey everyone is clearly over 18, at this Ninja high school

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0A85mWBKPA

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Sorry I threw a smoke grenade into the thread and then went to bed.

Like a cyborg ninja might do

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It's surprising there aren't more ninja games (rip tenchu). Shadow Tactics was one of my favourite games I played in 2016 and that was a pretty stacked year

I hope Ghost of Tsushima is good even though I guess it's more of a samurai thing

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Help Im Alive posted:

It's surprising there aren't more ninja games (rip tenchu). Shadow Tactics was one of my favourite games I played in 2016 and that was a pretty stacked year

I hope Ghost of Tsushima is good even though I guess it's more of a samurai thing

Have you played Mark of the Ninja? That was pretty good too.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Really Pants posted:

Have you played Mark of the Ninja? That was pretty good too.

It does look pretty cool but my laptop isn't good enough to play games + I don't have an xbox

maybe I'll replay Nioh and actually use the ninja skills this time

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

cheetah7071 posted:

Genji isn't an edgelord at all though?
He was, but Zenyatta transcended the edginess out of him.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Reaper's origin story revealed

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Really Pants posted:

Reaper's origin story revealed
Nah, Reaper was just born edgy long before he became an owl wraith.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Forget edgelords, I wanna play a game where I can be a dredgelord

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

Forget edgelords, I wanna play a game where I can be a dredgelord

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTifcI4A0jM ?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Jesus CHRIST I am so glad to be done with this B-side

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Macaluso posted:

I know I'm late on this but when are you pushing jump when on a cloud?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Endorph posted:

the best ninja characters are the ones that just randomly do ninja stuff with no previous information establishing that they're ninjas

There is a documentary series about that

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
in a complete and utter shocker, Kingdom Come actually owns super hard

i'm still in the very beginning but i already like it more than Witcher 3, mainly because they're not really the same kind of game. Kingdom Come can most closely be compared to adventure games, it actually reminds me a lot of Hero Quest (and Heroine Quest, for that matter) which may seem like a turboweird thing to say but there you go.

it's also real pretty even on a non-Pro PS4

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
you've seen kingdom cum, but have you seen

king dumb cum

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I've looked in a mirror, yes

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

The Colonel posted:

you've seen kingdom cum, but have you seen

king dumb cum

Henry VIII?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Pretty clever!

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

actually https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQYYdnryEuI

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

codenameFANGIO posted:

whoa hey everyone is clearly over 18, at this Ninja high school

No, they aren't.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Olive! posted:

No, they aren't.

You're right they're 6000 year old demons

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

exploded mummy posted:

You're right they're 6000 year old demons

Actually they are 300 year old vampires

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Macaluso posted:

Just wati til the last one.. I still haven't gotten past the 2nd screen..:v:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Internet Kraken posted:

Actually they are 300 year old vampires

we're talking about anime, not abusive lich husband mormon fanfiction

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

I have pretty high hopes for Ghost of Tsushima since it’s made by Sucker Punch. Pretty hyped for this game.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Bit of a random question but I was thinking about it the other day; do Hyrule Warriors and Fire Emblem Warriors have gameplay almost identical to the mainline Dynasty Warriors titles or are there significant differences beyond the obvious characters and setting?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Internet Kraken posted:

Bit of a random question but I was thinking about it the other day; do Hyrule Warriors and Fire Emblem Warriors have gameplay almost identical to the mainline Dynasty Warriors titles or are there significant differences beyond the obvious characters and setting?

They're all just twists on the same basic formula. I think Dragon Warrior Warriors is the big release that strays furthest from the formula, since it's more of an RPG set in the Musou engine and most of the missions are defensive focused.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Hyrule Warriors has the big bosses which are generally considered a negative (particularly the imprisoned) and the subweapons which are in many cases kinda pointless aside from the big bosses. Apart from that the game is great and pretty standard, though.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

They have some differences. Fire Emblem Warriors is probably the biggest difference, since you switch between four characters, your AI allies are actually competent, you give orders to them on where to go/what bases to conquer, there's a weapon triangle, and so on. Hyrule Warriors just has the big bosses and the subweapons for very very minor puzzle solving and for defeating the bosses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

The rerelease of Hyrule Warriors also allowed switching between characters iirc, so presumably the switch release will too.

• Locked thread