Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

theflyingexecutive posted:

Smoothie was pouring bleach to get rid of forensic evidence

That should have been indicated better. Wait how does that work if Santa lives in the same building? If they find that lair surely they'd find the vault and the underground part right? Wait...poo poo that's weak... :(

To REALLY drive home the "untouchable" point, just have a bunch of sweet little maids come in and clean up. Matching uniforms and all. Juxtapose the horror of the situation with the blase "Just another day at work" imagery of them bustling about tidying up evidence while chatting. Not only are they untouchable, they are very confident in it and have been for so long their people have people. And no one talks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

I loved the interrogation scene. Happy going full Mr. Blonde in Reservoir Dogs had me dying.

Please share some of whatever you are on, please.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

KilGrey posted:

I loved the interrogation scene. Happy going full Mr. Blonde in Reservoir Dogs had me dying.

Please share some of whatever you are on, please.

Incredibles. Perfectly legal here in Las Vegas. I'm in the High Ideas thread and coming soon to Youtube.

Happy! is prtoibably the bleakest TV show in the history of time! So SPOILERS!!! But it's been a bit but so ok.

When Shitpants Santa gets shot he gets shot in the same spot as he drills into thge kid's skulls. It's a cute little bit of symetry with TERRIFYING implications! So look: Shitpants Santa gets shot and INSTANTLY, instantly he sees beautiful christmas bulbs, hears wonderful Christmas music and is HAPPY. It is EXACTLY like the fantasy happy place he goes to to delude himself for the thingsd that he's done. Shitpants Samtra is RIGHT! The secret tro staying a child and being happy forever is to remove that certain spot in your brain! Those kids in the warehouse that we're siupposed to see as horrid and goulish geniunly are happier than any other character ever. Inside their head they are living out their most lovely and happy dream life. Just like Shitpants Santa did after having that part of his brain removed right before he died (into an empty barren nothing which also has terrifying implications about life after death).

SO, while the entire show is about how important it is to grow up, Nick Sax couldn't grow up and control his emotuions, Shitpants Santa couldn't grow up, Blue had slf control issues (until the demon or whatever got into him and MADE him grow up) and was oddly childlike right before his sweater unwraveled, Smoothie CLoEASRLY had childhood issues he couldn't get over. The only adults were the two women and they were the least powerfyul characters on the show (though both super bad-rear end). There are two seconds at the end where the show says "HAHA NOPE! BEING A CHILD FOREVCER RULES MOTHERFUCKLER!!"

Which means if I've convinced even one of you to drill into your brain: you're welcome for your lifetime of eternal happiness and can you please tell your parents, and the police, and the judge, and the warden, and ALL the guards here at the porison you're doing pretty ok? Maybe a thumbs up on the hour?

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
Happy! finally made it to Australia via Netflix and I have to say it has been amazing couple of nights of binging. Christopher Meloni was just brilliant, and there were some really great gags, I loved the China Town sequence the most.

Knee
Jul 19, 2006

I'm telling you, it's true. People grow from spores.
I forget if I asked and got the answer in this thread before. Happy is getting a season 2.

Now was season 1 all of what was in the comics? Are there more to the comics, or will season 2 be completely new and written by the show runners?

I was under the impression that "Happy!" was a short one and done comic and that they basically covered the whole thing in season 1 of the show.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Knee posted:

I forget if I asked and got the answer in this thread before. Happy is getting a season 2.

Now was season 1 all of what was in the comics? Are there more to the comics, or will season 2 be completely new and written by the show runners?

I was under the impression that "Happy!" was a short one and done comic and that they basically covered the whole thing in season 1 of the show.

Comic spoiler he dies at the end, after he saves his daughter. Basically comic ends right before the grave scene. So it’ll be uncharted territory

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

Knee posted:

Season 2 will cover new ground, based on comic stuff, but there was a ton in the show that wasn't in the comic, so I think things are in good hands.

Knee
Jul 19, 2006

That's good. There's definitely loose ends, which I assume were intentional. Sounds like the comic kind of just wrapped things up.

Was the weird devil possession stuff in the comic? There were some really wtf moments in the show.

Good interview with the creator here and how he believes that if Happy! continues to be well received there's the possibility some of his other works could make it onto screen considering the crazy poo poo that's on TV these days: http://comicbook.com/tv-shows/2018/01/01/Grant-Morrison-Happy-comics-syfy-TV/

He originally pitched "The Filth" in the early 2000s but it didn't get picked up. This means nothing to me though, as I am unfamiliar with any of his other work.

Knee fucked around with this message at 09:38 on May 7, 2018

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Knee posted:

He originally pitched "The Filth" in the early 2000s but it didn't get picked up. This means nothing to me though, as I am unfamiliar with any of his other work.
Think of the most intense and out there scene from Happy! you can. If The Filth ever makes it to TV, that's gonna be roughly at the bottom end of its weirdness scale.

And yeah Happy! the comic is a pretty basic story and while everything in it makes its way into the show, the show adds about 500% of new material. Like in the comic the password is just the password to a super secret bank account. Everything that's crazy about the show, apart from the concept of Happy himself, originates in the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knee
Jul 19, 2006

My Lovely Horse posted:

And yeah Happy! the comic is a pretty basic story and while everything in it makes its way into the show, the show adds about 500% of new material. Like in the comic the password is just the password to a super secret bank account. Everything that's crazy about the show, apart from the concept of Happy himself, originates in the show.

That makes it sound like whoever is working on the show absolutely have a grasp on the material they are working with and know just how to stretch it out into as many seasons as they are allowed. I can't wait for more craziness.

• Locked thread