Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Third World Reggin posted:

welcome to radious

Just slap a few dozen wheels on a pyramid with a magic Lazer turret on top pulled by a pair of sphynxes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Panfilo posted:

Just slap a few dozen wheels on a pyramid with a magic Lazer turret on top pulled by a pair of sphynxes.

That actually sounds pretty rad and warhams as gently caress

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Pretty sure Marienburg has a literal Ratte-style land-ship-of-the-line in the lore

If anyone else got in on that action it'd be Settra

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Panfilo posted:

You're proposing this like it's a bad idea
It is not

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Question for you modders: how hard would it be to put wurrzag in charge of the blue vipers? I'd really like it for the vortex map, but would settle for ME.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Pretty sure Marienburg has a literal Ratte-style land-ship-of-the-line in the lore

If anyone else got in on that action it'd be Settra

Settra: "Bring my pyramid closer I want to hit them with my Khopesh!"

*Nagash buzzes overhead in his city sized flying black pyramid*

Nagash: "WOOOO END TIMES MOTHERFUCKERRRRRR!"

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Also the pyramids are making engine revving noises which coincidentally are the sounds of the millions of anguished souls goaded into animating the pyramid into motion *some Liche Priest or Netcrotect is down there whipping a bunch of Ghosts into running faster on their hamster wheels*

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe
You are doing the Gods work Panfilo.

The Chaos Gods work that is. :getin:

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Uh, I'll remind you that Nagash is his own, unaffiliated god

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Modified end times scenario for WH3 with Tomb Kings will basically be like Mad Max Fury Road only with giant rear end pyramids tearing across the devastated Hellscape of the old world while a pissed off Nagash is yelling about his books -

:hb: I WANT THEM BACK! THEY'RE MY PROPERTY! "

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry

Patchnotes posted:

Fixed spell casters being able to spam projectile spells while mounted on horses or pegasus, during battles.

Nooo, my favorite bug!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_UJpcQ_zkE

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Belegar is loving insane with greenskins now. It's been tooth and nail for like 60 turns

Mukip
Jan 27, 2011

by Reene
I did my matches vs Tiler, recorded as I played. Tiler was also around on Discord chat. There's a lot of inactivity in this video from army building so you'll want to skip that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gGLB60xOXw

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Greenskins pop waaagh while sieging me, assault that same turn (so the waaagh army isn't involved)

Get beat, reduced to 9 units

Waaagh immediately sieges me again, preventing replenishment

....that's a bug right? The waaagh is supposed to die? Cuz it's stupid as hell.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Greenskins pop waaagh while sieging me, assault that same turn (so the waaagh army isn't involved)

Sadly no, the Waaagh! doesn't disperse until you knock them under the Waaagh! threshold, and it's possible for an AI Greenskin faction to have just enough Waaagh! points left that losing a fight won't be enough to kill the Waaagh!.

IIRC, however, you might be able to instantly disband the Waaagh! by killing/wounding their Lord during the battle.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
It might also have something to do with the fact that the Waagh army is a separate 'faction' that takes it turn immediately after the parent faction, so the Waagh army might be able to do stuff before it counts as needing to be disbanded.

It feels like a kludgy workaround to get the mechanic to work, like something I would expect from some mod but not something that should be baked into the game. I don't see why they couldn't have programmed Waaghs/Brayherds to be some 3rd category (neither fully controlled by you, nor an allied faction) to fix quirks like this.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I think that the waaagh! should disband during the greenskins' next turn.

I had a 17 unit army as Wurrzag, got the waaagh! then had my shaman wounded from dancing too much. The waaagh! stuck around 1 more turn then disbanded on my turn.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

toasterwarrior posted:

Sadly no, the Waaagh! doesn't disperse until you knock them under the Waaagh! threshold, and it's possible for an AI Greenskin faction to have just enough Waaagh! points left that losing a fight won't be enough to kill the Waaagh!.

IIRC, however, you might be able to instantly disband the Waaagh! by killing/wounding their Lord during the battle.

Sorry, most of this is not correct.

To disband a waagh you need to knock the parent army down below 17 units, this is all thats is needed.

However if this happens during your endturn time (like mentioned above) it will disappear after you end your turn. This can lead to situations where you get attacked by the main army, you fight them and win, and then the waagh army comes in on ITS turn right afterwards because it hasn't disbanded yet which can be frustrating.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Gejnor posted:

Sorry, most of this is not correct.

To disband a waagh you need to knock the parent army down below 17 units, this is all thats is needed.

However if this happens during your endturn time (like mentioned above) it will disappear after you end your turn. This can lead to situations where you get attacked by the main army, you fight them and win, and then the waagh army comes in on ITS turn right afterwards because it hasn't disbanded yet which can be frustrating.

Ah hell, I stand corrected then.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
MPchat: I've played like 20 turns of a kroq gar campaign and never fought lizards in mp before

is it considered cool and balanced that he can instadelete my lord with his lizard claw beam? like Arhkan from more than half health-dead in .3 seconds

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

I got 30 turns into a very hard Dwarf ME campaign. The green tide is real, I have seen it.

The killer was the High Elf rogue army rolling down from Mt Gunbad with their gently caress You stack of dragon princes. I quit.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Yeah, gently caress that, that's pure RNG. Only way it could've been worse was it being Vashnaar's Dark Elf/Chaos party van.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

MPchat: I've played like 20 turns of a kroq gar campaign and never fought lizards in mp before

is it considered cool and balanced that he can instadelete my lord with his lizard claw beam? like Arhkan from more than half health-dead in .3 seconds

Hand of the Gods is (I think) the strongest missile ability in the game if it all hits and is pure fire damage. It was a very strong ability before but against Tomb Kings its ridiculously effective. TK's might need some way to deal with fire damage, it can screw them so hard. The ability itself is actually pretty tricky to use well in most cases, it just happens that all the TK's are weak against fire.

Kroq'Gar is pretty overpowered though. Lizardmen in general are probably the most powerful faction atm and can be total cancer to fight against.

Nephthys fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Feb 18, 2018

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
There an ability that adds for resist, iirc.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Nephthys posted:

Hand of the Gods is (I think) the strongest missile ability in the game if it all hits and is pure fire damage. It was a very strong ability before but against Tomb Kings its ridiculously effective. TK's might need some way to deal with fire damage, it can screw them so hard. The ability itself is actually pretty tricky to use well in most cases, it just happens that all the TK's are weak against fire.

Kroq'Gar is pretty overpowered though. Lizardmen in general are probably the most powerful faction atm and can be total cancer to fight against.

I knew he had it but by random chance it took a shitload of battles before I ever fought lizards, so godDAM I didn't realize how good it was. It being hard to use is good, but otoh Kroq seems so good that idk if he needs a badass missile attack on top of it all.

I'd spent the whole game whittling down and kiting the dino fucker and was winning the army battle. Kroq had a sliver of health vs a 3/4 health chariot Arkhan and there was an opening so I figured I'd cruise in and waste him. NOPE INSTAKILL

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

help, I can't stop taking screenshots of this game

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Ambushes are so much fun to trigger, and it is interesting how different factions can use them in unique ways-

Skaven probably are the best at it, since not only can they ambush on the move AND trigger one when their garrisons Sally out. You can also get crazy high ambush chance bonuses and you'll proc them quite a lot.

Beastmen are similar but in their case need to be popping ambushes since their play style is more guerilla warfare.

I've heard that wood elves also get extremely high ambush chance and have a good roster to take advantage of it.

Tomb Kings can have crazy good ambush chance if you focus on stacking it, and being undead with access to Lore of death lets you crater enemy leadership to quickly trigger a mass routes.

Empire and Dwarves hardly ever proc an ambush, but the rare times you get one off it can be amazing. One time Thorgrim managed to ambush Grimgor next to Pillars early on which utterly wrecked him and gave me a ton of early momentum. Did similar thing with Empire
, who at least has the advantage of getting a follower that boosts ambush chance and is close enough to Skarsnik (whose trait further improves ambush chance).

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

MilitantBlackGuy posted:

help, I can't stop taking screenshots of this game

how do you have not terrible lighting, tell me your secrets

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Holy poo poo, that Grimgor punking Grombrindal pic is awesome.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
alright somebody who's good at beastmen give me some tips. what am i generally looking to to, what's the best leader, what should my first couple of starting turns look like. i am not good with horde factions at all. thanks.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

botany posted:

alright somebody who's good at beastmen give me some tips. what am i generally looking to to, what's the best leader, what should my first couple of starting turns look like. i am not good with horde factions at all. thanks.

I haven't played Beastmen in ages but from my experience a long time ago:

Khazrak is the best LL to start with - Morghur is good but he discourages you from using Minotaurs and Minotaurs are super good and you want them. You'll start off with two armies and just keep them together, don't split up - consider merging all the troops into one army and just using the second one as a lord tagging along to get experience, even. Raid a lot for cash, raze undefended settlements and go hide away from stuff to avoid retribution. When you actually have the numbers to assault defended cities, consider doing it when you get the Dark Moon event that gives you massive replenishment bonuses - that way even if you lose lots of troops in the attack, you'll replenish up to the full almost immediately and have lost effectively nothing. Don't worry about just moving to an entirely new area of the map to prey on someone else if you feel it's untenable to stay where you are.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Khazrak on his pimpmobile is quite strong, probably one of the stronger melee Legendary Lords. Gorebulls give great army bonuses and are no slouches in combat.

Since everybody can colonize anywhere you can hide out till an enemy army occupies a ruin and crush them easily. You want to build up to getting a Brayherd which in conjunction with your main army will have enough oomph to smash fortified cities.

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

Fuligin posted:

how do you have not terrible lighting, tell me your secrets

I'm using the Alternative Lighting mod.

Also, the fourth row with the two Skaven screenshots and the Chaos Dragon were taken with GemFX, but I find it just ends up being too dark and blurry.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Is the beastman special campaign any fun?

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

John Charity Spring posted:

I haven't played Beastmen in ages but from my experience a long time ago:

Khazrak is the best LL to start with - Morghur is good but he discourages you from using Minotaurs and Minotaurs are super good and you want them. You'll start off with two armies and just keep them together, don't split up - consider merging all the troops into one army and just using the second one as a lord tagging along to get experience, even. Raid a lot for cash, raze undefended settlements and go hide away from stuff to avoid retribution. When you actually have the numbers to assault defended cities, consider doing it when you get the Dark Moon event that gives you massive replenishment bonuses - that way even if you lose lots of troops in the attack, you'll replenish up to the full almost immediately and have lost effectively nothing. Don't worry about just moving to an entirely new area of the map to prey on someone else if you feel it's untenable to stay where you are.

am i correct in assuming that i wanna get khazrak some blue skills, at least until lightning strike? after that - red or yellow? or blue for growth? should i be razing or chaos-ifying settlements early?

edit: gorebull or brayshaman early on?

botany fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Feb 18, 2018

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

S.J. posted:

not really, tbqh

beastmen and chaos are like, the only faction that really benefits from ME imo, since they can have fun fightin' round the world

^^^
gorebulls own hard. lore of beasts is still p good tho so make sure to pick up a shaman eventually

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007

S.J. posted:

Maybe if you haven't fought the Empire much it might be because they're almost the only other faction in it. That makes it kind of repetitive, I thought the wood elf mini campaign was done better.

One mod I would recommend for a beastmen campaign is regional occupation. This mod makes it so factions can't colonize uninhabitable terrain: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1246143901

In game 1 you could carve a path of destruction as the beastmen:

But everyone being able to occupy every type of settlement means that the ruins you make will usually be taken by someone pretty quickly. So with this mod the choices of what towns/factions you go after are more meaningful.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

botany posted:

am i correct in assuming that i wanna get khazrak some blue skills, at least until lightning strike? after that - red or yellow? or blue for growth? should i be razing or chaos-ifying settlements early?

edit: gorebull or brayshaman early on?

I always get horde growth asap and gorebulls. Gorebulls give so much bonuses to your army that the earlier you have one the sooner he'll get leveled up.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
those screenshots are gorgeous. It's kind of a shame most of the games beauty is lost, zoomed out micromanaging battles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

toasterwarrior posted:

Holy poo poo, that Grimgor punking Grombrindal pic is awesome.

Say my name

SAY MY NAME