Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Did I see correctly that the margin of victory yesterday was 0.000 seconds and that the race was decided in at least ten-thousandths of a second?

A Good Race. It's crazy how GWC takes what looks like it could be a disastrous spin and winds up making it a good finish after all (SRA yesterday, Gordon going from 30th to 6th at Daytona in 2011). I like some of the wackiness we've gotten out of plate races in recent years, too, like Sadler winding up second after a late penalty and late spin.

Quantrill posted:

HONK MY DONG ROSS

I'd forgotten about Honking Dongs...

e- :siren: Last call for a full season of Fantasy NASCAR. Password is sascar: https://fantasygames.nascar.com/live/league/sascar-yahoo-fantasy-refugee-camp :siren:

Changed my name to For Sale By Owner.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Feb 18, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
gently caress it, in as AJ's Adderall Prescription.

I'll forget about it after about Atlanta or so.

Captain Dickweed
Mar 3, 2003

Yes, that kitty is probably the head of a multi-national conglomerated business...uh...thing.

Just saw a "Thank You, Danica" commercial on FOX. I like to think they're thanking her for going away.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
I'm not thanking her for a drat thing until she gets naked.

I'm progressive that way.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

CBJSprague24 posted:

Did I see correctly that the margin of victory yesterday was 0.000 seconds and that the race was decided in at least ten-thousandths of a second?

A Good Race. It's crazy how GWC takes what looks like it could be a disastrous spin and winds up making it a good finish after all (SRA yesterday, Gordon going from 30th to 6th at Daytona in 2011). I like some of the wackiness we've gotten out of plate races in recent years, too, like Sadler winding up second after a late penalty and late spin.

I'd forgotten about Honking Dongs...

e- :siren: Last call for a full season of Fantasy NASCAR. Password is sascar: https://fantasygames.nascar.com/live/league/sascar-yahoo-fantasy-refugee-camp :siren:

Changed my name to For Sale By Owner.

https://twitter.com/matthumphreycar/status/965222022933512192

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
I think the record for closest finish in an auto race is(was) .0005 in an Indy Lights race, so if official thats the new record

Captain Dickweed
Mar 3, 2003

Yes, that kitty is probably the head of a multi-national conglomerated business...uh...thing.

mischief posted:

There was already that one girl who was Miss Sprint Cup for a while, she was pretty hot. Can't remember her name though.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

With all the talk of William Byron being an EA character come to life, Alex Bowman's story is pretty incredible itself when you stop and think about it.

mischief posted:

Well, I mean:

CactusWeasle posted:

Is this like the time she didnt win pole for Daytona and the next day 'accidentally' posted a skin shot on twitter

E- Have the hand it to FOX with probably 8 hours of coverage on the network before it's all said and done.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Feb 18, 2018

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Tyler posted:

There was already that one girl who was Miss Sprint Cup for a while, she was pretty hot. Can't remember her name though.

Paige Duke. She got like.... really super duper naked.... :stonklol:

Edit:

CBJSprague24 posted:

With all the talk of William Byron being an EA character come to life, Alex Bowman's story is pretty incredible itself when you stop and think about it.

I think they'll both be successful on track but neither one of them has a shred of personality. That's where NASCAR is really going to struggle, they're losing a lot of the real characters in the series and replacing them with young and well groomed sponsorbots that are incredible drivers but just suck in front of a camera.

Edit edit:

mischief fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Feb 18, 2018

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Also applies to the Richard Spencer rally.

E: This prerace is :catdrugs:

Boomer The Cannon fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Feb 18, 2018

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

CactusWeasle posted:

I think the record for closest finish in an auto race is(was) .0005 in an Indy Lights race, so if official thats the new record

And it is ALWAYS worth reposting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wp1klmtsWQA

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

sup idiots the daytona five hundred is on. hell yeah

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
I was a huge NASCAR fan from like 95 to somewhere around a decade ago. I keep trying to get back into it but every year I turn on the Daytona 500 and everyone has different sponsors, different numbers, and there’s like 20 new drivers. It’s so inaccessible.

And yes I realize I sound like a really old guy, get off my lawn.

edit: that being said, I love watching the 500 every year anyways. Which young driver should I adopt? I don’t want some Trump supporting idiot like Chase Elliot either.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Drinking game, take a shot every time they talk about Danica Patrick's last race.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Mahoning posted:

I was a huge NASCAR fan from like 95 to somewhere around a decade ago. I keep trying to get back into it but every year I turn on the Daytona 500 and everyone has different sponsors, different numbers, and there’s like 20 new drivers. It’s so inaccessible.

edit: that being said, I love watching the 500 every year anyways. Which young driver should I adopt? I don’t want some Trump supporting idiot like Chase Elliot either.

Blaney and Wallace

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
why did all the not-that-old veterans leave anyway, is it a cost-cutting thing of rookies being cheap as poo poo compared to Matt Kenseth's giant-rear end contract

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

why did all the not-that-old veterans leave anyway, is it a cost-cutting thing of rookies being cheap as poo poo compared to Matt Kenseth's giant-rear end contract

In Kenseth's case specifically, yes. Junior dipped before his brain turned to mush.

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

Hamlin done hosed up

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind
"Ha ha gently caress Kyle"

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Mahoning posted:

I agree with Blaney and Wallace. Also Kyle Larson. Go all three of them today.

Also Stenhouse for the comedy.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

WindyMan posted:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

WindyMan posted:

Good day for Kyle.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Also I find it funny that Kyle Busch just lost his 2nd tire of the day and they go to a Goodyear tire commercial...

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

welp there it is

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:worship::devil:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Stenhouse is on the loving warpath

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

will_colorado posted:

welp there it is

"it" implies there will be only one.

How cute.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

There it is... again.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Oh no Danica

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Yikes

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

Truex lives

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Wait was Danica already sideways before she hit anything

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
So how many cars are left competitive now?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

shame on an IGA posted:

Wait was Danica already sideways before she hit anything

Yeah, but I think it was more "trying to get out of the way and got loose". I think she was toast either way.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Jimmebot done, Chase out, Danica's career over, Bowyer down a cylinder, Blaney leads?

A Good Race.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Danica doesn't seem upset with what happened, which is nice for once.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

iospace posted:

Danica doesn't seem upset with what happened, which is nice for once.

I didn't see the interview but she's been pretty checked out all week.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

algebra testes posted:

So how many cars are left competitive now?

25 on the first two laps, 29 not out of the race

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

CBJSprague24 posted:

I didn't see the interview but she's been pretty checked out all week.

She was actually very pleased with the car and the team, and I think she realized "yeah, there was nothing that could be done there"

And then mentioned she is going to be at Indy this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

shame on an IGA posted:

25 on the first two laps, 29 not out of the race

Only 14 able to stay in the lead pack.