Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjZ5I8l32CI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Avalerion posted:

I feel it's going to be Daisy, just because with all the reasons why it shouldn't have been her would make that the biggest twist.

I'm going to laugh if Graviton is actually on her side. Right now I'm thinking it's a throw down between her, Graviton and Cassisus's dad.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Very mad at the Olympics right now

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Very mad at the Olympics right now

No NHL players in the hockey either, so I don't even care about the games.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Um.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

That got dark.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
They see us but they don't believe

Wakanda we have a bobsled team

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Finally finished episode 10. The characters in that arc got really, really, really stupid. That's one trope this show has avoided for the most part, but this go, they really leaned into it. I mean, it's an active combat zone where even the weakest alien person is a match for the strongest of their crew... why are any of these trained supersoldier spy folks wandering off on their own?

"Oh hey, someone is missing, let's go one at a time to find them"

And then they send Simmons, alone and armed with only an ear worm, to go find Mack? C'mon guys. Yeah, the FU Cassius moment was neat, but where was her backup?

As a plot device I could have left it.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
Not be a bitch, but each season has progressively gotten better, building on what came before, and pulled me in more, until this one.
Season 5 feels like a step back so far. And it isn't just the budget.
Like people have said, everybody turned into a psychopathic, selfish, idiot.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Space Madness

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

bentacos posted:

Space Madness

More Space Rudeness really.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Saw a clip of J August Richards in one of the clips before my showing of Black Panther today. Deathlok forever.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Again, the season started not even a day after they got out of the Framework.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I was under the impression that Jemma went off on her own, not because she was told to. I seem to remember Coulson saying something about her being gone...

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Kheldarn posted:

I was under the impression that Jemma went off on her own, not because she was told to. I seem to remember Coulson saying something about her being gone...

As I remember it she was off with Daisy on some task and Jemma just got caught because she insisted on helping the dying person. Which is a totally in character decision and the opposite of "psychotic" and "selfish",

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

STAC Goat posted:

As I remember it she was off with Daisy on some task and Jemma just got caught because she insisted on helping the dying person. Which is a totally in character decision and the opposite of "psychotic" and "selfish",

It was May, but I think the poster is talking about in the last episode where she just runs off alone to get Mack.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

STAC Goat posted:

You're right. If I think it about, the main people who seemed to go into opposite mode were Coulson and Daisy.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

It was May, but I think the poster is talking about in the last episode where she just runs off alone to get Mack.

I mean, that's just her once again not wanting to leave her teammates behind. I suppose it might not have been the smartest move but that's probably a matter of opinion and still comes down to Jemma being a healer/helper/whatever.

I don't know. I never really got the sense that anyone was acting noticeably out of character or "psychotic." Daisy running off to try and solve the problem herself is kind of her thing, Coulson struggling with "duty" over "family" is kind of his thing, May was dealing with a crippling injury and a surprise elderly kid, etc.

The only time I can remember being sort of surprised was that moment Fitz killed those Kree with the trip wire. Jemma and Mack both seemed briefly taken aback by that, I thought, as I was. But I chalk that up to residual from his Nazi counterpart in the Framework.

Its possible I missed some bigger things because I was just impressed they weren't crying in a corner after everything they've been through the last season and a half.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

STAC Goat posted:

The only time I can remember being sort of surprised was that moment Fitz killed those Kree with the trip wire. Jemma and Mack both seemed briefly taken aback by that, I thought, as I was. But I chalk that up to residual from his Nazi counterpart in the Framework.

Fitz was quickly becoming a Bad rear end Extraordinare. His time as Nazi Fitz pretty much sped up that journey. :black101:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, Fitz has shown his capability to be a bad rear end agent at least as far back as Jemma's transport to Hydra-Planet. The Nazi Framework history just seems like it might have given him a harder, more lethal edge. Especially with him immediately being separated from Jemma and his family at his most emotionally vulnerable point. That poo poo can change a man.

But we'll see.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
Speaking of Fitz. We have two Fitzes: the Fitz who just went through the monolith and the Fitz who is sitting in cold storage. How will they reconcile that?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

They don't really have to, do they? Han Fitz stays frozen wherever Enoch stashed him because anything else would theoretically change the timeline or some other timey wimey nonsense.

I mean, the biggest question is if SHIELD chooses to take control of him or if Thawed Fitz is curious. But since SHIELD bases have a tendency to blow up and Enoch already pulled it off once it seems like an "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" situation.

Otherwise Fitz just has to avoid running afoul of his other self at the Enchantment Under the Sea dance.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

STAC Goat posted:

They don't really have to, do they? Han Fitz stays frozen wherever Enoch stashed him because anything else would theoretically change the timeline or some other timey wimey nonsense.

I mean, the biggest question is if SHIELD chooses to take control of him or if Thawed Fitz is curious. But since SHIELD bases have a tendency to blow up and Enoch already pulled it off once it seems like an "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" situation.

Otherwise Fitz just has to avoid running afoul of his other self at the Enchantment Under the Sea dance.

If they do change the future though it'll suck big time for frozen Fitz.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Regy Rusty posted:

If they do change the future though it'll suck big time for frozen Fitz.

I guess they just leave him frozen forever?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Aleph Null posted:

I guess they just leave him frozen forever?

Yeah I mean I'm honestly not sure what the moral thing to do is under those circumstances.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

They could always just defrost him in the far future when the world isn't exploded?

I dunno. This is why I hate time travel.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

STAC Goat posted:

They could always just defrost him in the far future when the world isn't exploded?

I dunno. This is why I hate time travel.

But then he can't be with Jemma!

Obviously the only solution is to kill frozen Fitz before he wakes up.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

What my schlock TV senses tell me they could do is kill off our Fitz and then they've got a replacement.

I hope not tho

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

But then he can't be with Jemma!

Obviously the only solution is to kill frozen Fitz before he wakes up.

Clone Jemma, it's truly the only humane option.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
He might stop existing once the world fails to blow up, as he only exists due to that event. Or they can keep him as a spare. OOOR he never existed in the timeline they return to, because multiverse.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

hangedman1984 posted:

Clone Jemma, it's truly the only humane option.

We already have LMD tech laying all over the place.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Two Fitzes, two Fitzes stand before you

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Imagine four Fitzes at the edge of a cliff,

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Leopold Five-Fitzes

mythicknight
Jan 28, 2009

my thick night

A Fistful of Fitzes

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

mythicknight posted:

A Fistful of Fitzes

Just remake the TNG episode but with FITZ.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Ahem - there are

Mymla posted:

four Fitzes

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Jemma might get ideas if she finds out there are 2 fitzs around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Habibi posted:

Ahem - there are

I can appreciate this.