Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

I keep hearing about how creepy and pervy Huniepop is, but it was in a bundle so I bought it, because a lot of people keep defending it, saying that while it is creepy and pervy, it's also a really great game. Well, I don't know about that, I only now have discovered that "Hunie" is pronounced like "honey" which baffles me because for the last loving two years I've been pronouncing it "hunie." I mean, I don't know if it's a terrible awful game, yet...but it sure looks like most of the terrible awful games in this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ikari Worrier
Jul 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Tobermory posted:

Share and enjoy. The best part are the reviews that criticize it for for having senseless and/or sadistic puzzles that lack an underlying logic, or a plot that lacks a clear sense of resolution.

On the other hand it's made by the guy who made that Hamlet game which was boring as poo poo so that immediately makes me skeptical.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

credburn posted:

I keep hearing about how creepy and pervy Huniepop is, but it was in a bundle so I bought it, because a lot of people keep defending it, saying that while it is creepy and pervy, it's also a really great game. Well, I don't know about that, I only now have discovered that "Hunie" is pronounced like "honey" which baffles me because for the last loving two years I've been pronouncing it "hunie." I mean, I don't know if it's a terrible awful game, yet...but it sure looks like most of the terrible awful games in this thread.

It's just another Match 3 game, nothing really that special. :shrug: If you're THAT hard up for a Match 3 game with actual plot, I'd recommend Ironcast, and if you're THAT hard up for anime titties, I'd recommend the rest of the Internet.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
People say good things about Rabi-Ribi too but good lord its character designs are a total dealbreaker. And its environments look boring as hell, too, which makes me think those goons' opinions just don't match mine whatsoever.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

credburn posted:

...I only now have discovered that "Hunie" is pronounced like "honey" which baffles me because for the last loving two years I've been pronouncing it "hunie."

I always thought they are both pronounced how they look, which is to say "the same way". Or is this some sort of "it's pronounced 'sword' " meta-joke?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Gromit posted:

I always thought they are both pronounced how they look, which is to say "the same way". Or is this some sort of "it's pronounced 'sword' " meta-joke?

yeah, for example, i always pronounce tidus "tidus" but i think other people pronounce it "tidus"

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Gromit posted:

My guess is that he thought it was "hoo-nee" and not "hon-ee". Based solely on the fact I made the same mistake. :shrug:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I have always mentally read it as hoo-nee.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
I'm a hyoo-nee head, myself.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Pigbuster posted:

I'm a hyoo-nee head, myself.

this, pop some hyoo-nees

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

There's no way in hell "hunny" and "hunie" are pronounced the same way, Pooh-bear precedent wins :colbert:

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

"Hoonie" or maybe "Hyoonie." I can't imagine it being the same as "honey" unless it was spelled "hunnie."

Like, you know. Bunny, cunny, sunny, dummy

puny, looney, goonie...

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

How do you pronounce Haydee?

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

SelenicMartian posted:

Haydee = Hey Di
Sean = Seen

if you don't want your name spelled that way don't write it that way :reject:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

SelenicMartian posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mq4UT4VnbE&t=50s

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

the blood vessels are twitching in my eye right now

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

the blood vessels are twitching in my eye right now

Yeah but it's much more fun to say Sean Bean.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

The Misadveentures of Treen Beene

Tobermory
Mar 31, 2011

The Mineirinho developers have a new game!

Super Tits Rush posted:

A very cool new game to play !!! Everyone will have so much fun !!! Game based on the great classic of the past Marble Madness !!!
Lots of laughs, Many breasts and we will still be helping to spread the campaign of prevention and fight against breast cancer: Pink Ribbon International !!!

FEATURES

Physically real boobs.
The breasts are so real that they really look like.
Interaction with all the level of real form.
Many super fun stages.
N64 Retro Style Levels.
This game will raise awareness about breast cancer.

(It's one of those Marble Madness demos from Unity, only they added jiggle-physics and a nipple to the marble.)

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

"physically real boobs" had better materialise disembodied titties onto my desk when I install the game goddammit.

And I want a cheat code to make it keep spawning them. Huge piles of titties everywhere.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
I won't rest until every game has a dedicated jiggle physics command.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Lunethex posted:

I won't rest until every game has a dedicated jiggle physics command.
Not exactly what you're asking for but this exists in DOA5's PC version:

There are like 4 options to choose from.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
The old games just had you input your age. The older you were, the more exaggerated the motion was.

A classy game made by classy guys.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Alien Rope Burn posted:

The old games just had you input your age. The older you were, the more exaggerated the motion was.

A classy game made by classy guys.

okay that explains why as a kid I always heard Dead or Alive was really stupid about that, and yet when I actually played the games they were pretty low-key

I always put my actual age in when games ask me unless I already know in advance there's some gimmick, and I played DOA Ultimate (the only one I ever really dug into) when I was like 11 or 12

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
IIRC Banjo-Kazooie Nuts & Bolts also had some real terrible Jiggy Physics.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

OwlFancier posted:

"physically real boobs" had better materialise disembodied titties onto my desk when I install the game goddammit.

And I want a cheat code to make it keep spawning them. Huge piles of titties everywhere.

:nws: https://www.oglaf.com/slipperynipple/ :nws:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Maay have had that in mind typing that post.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
The name alone says it all. That it seems to be nothing hut a giant maze is just icing on the cake:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/768750/MonteCrypto_The_Bitcoin_Enigma/

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Palpek posted:

Not exactly what you're asking for but this exists in DOA5's PC version:

There are like 4 options to choose from.

I'm pretty sure there are additional, unlockable titty motion options as well. Or some DOA game had that anyway.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

CommissarMega posted:

The name alone says it all. That it seems to be nothing hut a giant maze is just icing on the cake:

Betting someone already datamined the buttcoin if the game even had one.

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe

CommissarMega posted:

"played the game for 5 minutes and asked for a refund...about 40 minutes after I Closed the game app...I noticed that the game was still running as a background task in my pc...
I don't know if it was just a bug...but almost wasn't able to ask for refund if the game keept running...
anyway..
got the refund..."

Hmm, no idea what could possibly be installed along with this game. It's a total mystery...

...or, should I say, ENIGMA?

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
the bitcoin was in your computer all along :razz:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I'm torn about the Cypher game that just came out; its production values are nice, but it's all super 101 stuff, really simple steganography and substitution, right until it just tosses you a bunch of machine or high-end codes that explicitly require feeding them into a solver or translator. It's not clear how much effort or time was put into it.

Thread, does it belong here?

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

the bitcoin was in your computer all along :razz:

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Feb 21, 2018

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Discendo Vox posted:

I'm torn about the Cypher game that just came out; its production values are nice, but it's all super 101 stuff, really simple steganography and substitution, right until it just tosses you a bunch of machine or high-end codes that explicitly require feeding them into a solver or translator. It's not clear how much effort or time was put into it.

Thread, does it belong here?

I would argue no. I haven't played it, but given the other steam reviews, who made it, and how nice it looks, it looks like it's at most going to rate a "bad puzzle game", which is a far cry from bitcoin titty simulator, or rpgmaker: sell cards so I can make money.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Would it be possible to make a human-powered Bitcoin miner and disguise it as a game? Like the protein folding thing?

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

Keeshhound posted:

Would it be possible to make a human-powered Bitcoin miner and disguise it as a game? Like the protein folding thing?

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by 'human-powered', but if you can convince anyone to run an executable file, it absolutely can be used to mine cryptocurrency for any shady party. There's plenty of that kind of malware going around these days.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

StrixNebulosa posted:

I would argue no. I haven't played it, but given the other steam reviews, who made it, and how nice it looks, it looks like it's at most going to rate a "bad puzzle game", which is a far cry from bitcoin titty simulator, or rpgmaker: sell cards so I can make money.

Yeah, you're right. I think I had unrealistic expectations because I basically mainline puzzle games and ARGs. What you literally tell users it's a playfair cipher?! That's not interesting!

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Discendo Vox posted:

Yeah, you're right. I think I had unrealistic expectations because I basically mainline puzzle games and ARGs. What you literally tell users it's a playfair cipher?! That's not interesting!

yeah, I'd say you're just outside the target audience in that case, it seems like it's trying to be babby's first cryptography puzzles more than anything

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

StoryTime posted:

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by 'human-powered', but if you can convince anyone to run an executable file, it absolutely can be used to mine cryptocurrency for any shady party. There's plenty of that kind of malware going around these days.

Right that's the easy way. But "mining" a Bitcoin is just adding transactions to a bitcoin's block chain, right? So technically there's no reason a human couldn't do that instead of using a gpu; it'd just be way slower.

So could you make a game where the player did that? It's be as some kind of stupid art project, rather than being profitable, obviously. But I'm just amused by the idea of instead of sneaking a Bitcoin miner into a game, making a game where the players form a distributed biological miner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burning Rain
Jul 17, 2006

What's happening?!?!
What do you think the Earth is?