Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
Hockey is dumb and I hate it and it hates me.

I'm sorry baby no please take me back I need you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

LumpyGumby posted:

Hockey is dumb and I hate it and it hates me.

I'm sorry baby no please take me back I need you

Buy some of those new Adidas jerseys to show them you mean it

on spec
Feb 2, 2014

the best place to get a hockey jersey is fanatics . com

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/hayyyshayyy/status/965286909818888194

I'm gonna miss him :(

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Winnipeg will look after him, dont worry.

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Buy some of those new Adidas jerseys to show them you mean it

I've not bought one Jersey yet, actually.

Because I've been broke, mind you, but nevertheless.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Thank God it's NASCAR season.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
the devils didn't deserve either one of these last two games but ill take it as penance for the probably 90 PDO they got during january

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

corn on the cop posted:

the devils didn't deserve either one of these last two games but ill take it as penance for the probably 90 PDO they got during january

It's shocking how good Zacha looks lately. I'm eventually going to jinx it but he's carrying his line.

on spec
Feb 2, 2014

the devils are the last years oilers of this year

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

https://twitter.com/JMackeyPG/status/965397194206572549

https://twitter.com/JMackeyPG/status/965398248411328513

Barreft fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Feb 19, 2018

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
The threepeat is coming.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Suspicious posted:

The threepeat is coming.

Search your feelings, you know it to be true

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
Kessel will win the Conn Smythe this time (watch as Malkin nabs it instead)

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
"Anyone but Pittsburgh" is my playoff wish

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
As long as Maatta gets wasted again

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Jamwad Hilder posted:

"Anyone but Pittsburgh" is my playoff wish

For me it's "whoever gets Zucc" and hopefully that's not Pitt.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug
I'm in the vast minority, but I'd be fine with the Pens winning. They play a pretty good, non-lovely style of hockey and it'd be impressive for a team to threepeat with the way the NHL is now. But I understand why people don't want them winning again.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

DuhSal posted:

I'm in the vast minority, but I'd be fine with the Pens winning. They play a pretty good, non-lovely style of hockey and it'd be impressive for a team to threepeat with the way the NHL is now. But I understand why people don't want them winning again.

I'd be fine with the Pens winning for pretty much the same reason.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I should be clear: the Penguins repeating would be fine, but I don't want Pittsburgh fans to be happy.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Waive Leo Komarov

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug

Koopa Kid posted:

Waive Leo Komarov

He's been waiving at pucks a lot lately! :v:
Back to back nights with missed open nets, that's pretty spectacular.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

I'm worrying less and less about how the regular season is going to end, and starting to worry more and more about how the playoffs will go.

It is a strange, new sort of feeling.

GoonGPT
May 26, 2006

Posting for a better future, today!

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I should be clear: the Penguins repeating would be fine, but I don't want Pittsburgh fans to be happy.

That's fair.

That said Go Knights

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DuhSal posted:

Mark Methot gives their play style a 4.5 out of 5.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I wished the Pens players played for Arizona or Colorado or literally any other city than Pittsburgh

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Pittsburgh is going to sleepwalk their way to the Eastern Conference Finals. (e- And then will probably beat a fun team like Nashville or VGK, won't they, god damnit. :shepicide:)

Something, something, "refuse to count them out", something, something, "bad end of the handshake line".

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I'm in the same boat, as I don't have a problem with Pittsburgh's roster/don't hate Crosby (Jeff Gordon Syndrome) and fair play to them if they can do it. About the only scenario in which I could see myself pulling for Pittsburgh would be if LA were the opponent in the Final because gently caress Jeff Carter, but even that would be tainted for this reason.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Feb 19, 2018

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

CBJSprague24 posted:

I'm in the same boat, as I don't really have any problem with Pittsburgh's roster. About the only scenario in which I could see myself pulling for Pittsburgh would be if LA were the opponent in the Final because gently caress Jeff Carter, but even that would be tainted for this reason.

Yeah it looks like whoever comes out of the West is going to be a potential first-time winner (or first time in a long time, anyway) and that'd be cool.

My short list is:
1. Boston
2. Nashville
3. Not Pittsburgh

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

It's going to be Pittsburgh v Anaheim and you're going to like it.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
Knights vs Pens with MAF winning the Conn Smythe

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Yeah it looks like whoever comes out of the West is going to be a potential first-time winner (or first time in a long time, anyway) and that'd be cool.

My short list is:
1. Boston
2. Nashville
3. Not Pittsburgh

I'm gonna bandwagon the gently caress out of VGK, especially if (sighs) the CBJ miss. Nashville would be fun so Fartsmell could have his Cup to go along with Kimmo's. :unsmith:

Vincent Van Goat posted:

It's going to be Pittsburgh v Anaheim and you're going to like it.

Jared Boll would be a fun bandwagon storyline because Anaheim was stupid enough to sign him when he probably should be out of the league.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
1) tampa
2) Nashville
3) ummmm...
21) the NRA
31) Pittsburgh

Alternatively, change the rules so that philly can beat Pittsburgh in the cup finals and mirror the greatness of the Super Bowl.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
Jesus Christ don’t root for Pittsburgh to win the cup.

Go predators.

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
please win more games florida and detroit and chicago

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug

Aphrodite posted:

Mark Methot gives their play style a 4.5 out of 5.

4.5 is still good!

I feel like there are a lot of cool teams that I wouldn't mind winning, but I don't have a very big true hate list to begin with. For me obv Leafs, then after that Vegas, Nashville, Tampa, Winnipeg, Calgary, Pittsburgh (mainly for the threepeat angle), San Jose... probably like half the teams in the playoffs lol. I guess just not LA, Boston or Anaheim mainly, even though if they win I don't care enough to be pissed tbh.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

T-Bone posted:

It's shocking how good Zacha looks lately. I'm eventually going to jinx it but he's carrying his line.

The tools were never the issue it was just that he was so gosh darn passive all the time. Seems like his head has finally caught up because he's been really on point for about a month now.

Poor Bratt is snakebit to hell though. Can't buy a goal and he's pressing hard.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://twitter.com/rob_tychkowski/status/965364064145702913

lmao Cammalleri begging to be put on for an empty netter owns. A Good Veteran Presence

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

a false posted:

please win more games florida and detroit and chicago

I hope the Rangers end the season with like a 10 game win streak. :mad:

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter
https://twitter.com/JoeFortunatoBSB/status/965420603372171270

Could it be real?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

larkko
Oct 4, 2008

Apparently the site reporting it is known for just fabricating stuff and there isn't anything about this in the Post or from Brooks (which they source their information to). So almost definitely bullshit.

Unfortunately. :(

• Locked thread