Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Homeland is back Feb 11 and in this season Carrie goes off her meds again and the new president is still a bitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Season 6 was great, best one in ages.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Was desperately hoping that Carrie would drive straight up to the senator with her contact still in the boot of her car.

Counting down the episodes until Carrie gets her niece kidnapped.

On the actor side of things, I'm glad to see Morgan Spector in something good AKA not The Mist. Weird seeing Mackenzie Astin as a good guy though.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

So I'm rewatching Homeland and in season one Carey's manic episode is so well acted - it really chills me being bipolar myself. I wonder how much of it was the bomb, how much or it was the being without her pills.

I also can't help but wonder how realistic that suicide vest scene is, that man pouring ball bearings onto either C4 or pale wood glue is strangely calming.

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe
I'm not sure who does this season even want us to root for. That Alex Jones guy? Whatever, I'm all in with Madam President. MAGA :getin:

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009

pigdog posted:

I'm not sure who does this season even want us to root for. That Alex Jones guy? Whatever, I'm all in with Madam President. MAGA :getin:

carrie is going to side with o'keefe, and he will use his web show to leak damaging info about the administration passed along by carrie, then the president will have him assassinated, with his death being the catalyst that leads to her downfall. at least i dont see why that character still exists if he's not going to be turned into a hero

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

This is Homeland and there will be a big twist at some point, probably Alex Jones working for the President all along.

PowerBuilder3
Apr 21, 2010
I still don't understand, last season was McClendon working with Dar Adal and decided to kill POTUS on his own? Or was in a separate conspiracy? Also what happened to all those under his command, are they locked up too?

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER

PowerBuilder3 posted:

I still don't understand, last season was McClendon working with Dar Adal and decided to kill POTUS on his own? Or was in a separate conspiracy? Also what happened to all those under his command, are they locked up too?

I'm pretty sure McClendon was part of Dar's conspiracy but took it further than Dar had planned by trying to execute a literal coup rather than the political destruction of someone they didn't like.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Carrie's plans are foiled by using 4chan to crowdsource info and she immediately downloads malware that locks her pc and gets blackmailed

She worked for the CIA

This is so terrible

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
This is loving atrocious

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Origami Dali posted:

Carrie's plans are foiled by using 4chan to crowdsource info and she immediately downloads malware that locks her pc and gets blackmailed

She worked for the CIA

This is so terrible

That whole plan is EXACTLY how it would play out in reality, too.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Origami Dali posted:

She worked for the CIA

This is so terrible

I thought the first episode was good. Second episode bad.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Watching her kick the poo poo out of that dork was fun at least

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Origami Dali posted:

Watching her kick the poo poo out of that dork was fun at least

Yeah watching her reverse social engineer and manipulate someone was very on brand for Carrie.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Old Doggy Bastard posted:

So I'm rewatching Homeland and in season one Carey's manic episode is so well acted - it really chills me being bipolar myself.

Claire Danes is bipolar too iirc

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Next week: Ruby Ridge feat. Not Alex Jones

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I just realized the Chief of Staff guy is King Ecbert from Vikings

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
He is literally just playing Benjamin Linus again.

The 4chan plot was below par; it would've been better if it wasn't drawn out for the whole drat episode and Max was there to witness her going overboard with the "I'm CIA" bit.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Mu Zeta posted:

He was also Thomas Wayne in Batman Begins, and ADA Michael Cutter on Law & Order.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
That dude's gonna be the main culprit this season. My guess, he's in bed with Homeland's Putin.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

MoaM posted:

He is literally just playing Benjamin Linus again.

Which is impressive given that he's not Michael Emerson. :P

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

That whole episode was a waste of time. I would love to see the writers room when they pitched the "Reddit Revenge" side plot.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

That was weird. I guess the big question is why? why include that?

Also next week looks messy.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
I really expected Carrie's sister to return home while she was stripping for the webcam and be all, "O-kay... so that's the 'job' you're interviewing for, huh?"

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Yeah, that was kinda goofy with it's all too "topical" narrative. But I get what they were going for here; they wanted a simple one-and-done story that keeps Carrie busy, generates increased tension between her and her sister, and speaks to her state of mind.

Carrie downloads the malware because the medication she's taking doesn't work anymore, and she's lost a lot of impulse control as a result. It's why she's been particularly off balance in both of these episodes.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Mu Zeta posted:

Oh drat he was. I just remember him from Law and Order and didn't connect him to Vikings.

just :lol: at the whole 4chan plot

Leviathan
Oct 8, 2001

I hear the jury's
still out.. on science.
Fun Shoe
tfw you think homeland is picking up in quality and then the super spy main character gets ransomewared into making her nipples long and hard

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
From what I read, I guess I should be glad the first episode this season didn't really coax me into wanting to continue.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
4chan plot was fun. And next week Carrie sends $500 to a Nigerian prince after he promises to pay her back more than enough to pay off her credit cards.

Leviathan posted:

tfw you think homeland is picking up in quality and then the super spy main character gets ransomewared into making her nipples long and hard

The super spy main character is...unstable.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
This show would've been a lot better if they just said fuckit a few seasons ago, hooked up Quinn and Carrie as the mutually insane, but very in love, terrorist assassin squad, and turned it into a one-and-done, where each week the dynamic duo would dispatch another high level target in increasingly unbelievable ways using only their skills and their madness. Each ep would be like a mini Bond or Mission Impossible movie, Saul would be like their Q, providing them with nutty weapons and intel. Would've been fun.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

How is this show still a thing? Talk about a perfect first season for sure, but I don't think I need 5 seasons of crazy Carrie loving the asset.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
So, I just started the second episode anyway, because I can't be helped. Carrie is going off while at the therapist at the beginning of the episode, about what she's doing, and the therapist is like "pffft, get the gently caress out". She's been a CIA operative for god knows how long, did some fancy stuff that probably went over the news in the past, and considering the background story of that and the previous season, the therapist's reaction's like "she's completely cuckoo!"

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Origami Dali posted:

This show would've been a lot better if they just said fuckit a few seasons ago, hooked up Quinn and Carrie as the mutually insane, but very in love, terrorist assassin squad, and turned it into a one-and-done, where each week the dynamic duo would dispatch another high level target in increasingly unbelievable ways using only their skills and their madness. Each ep would be like a mini Bond or Mission Impossible movie, Saul would be like their Q, providing them with nutty weapons and intel. Would've been fun.

Sounds like La Femme Nikita

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl8Y56Llvlg

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Carrie’s 4chan adventure is surely the single greatest self-own of any TV character in history.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Brett's gigantic militia is definitely going to be a thing within the second half of this episode or, at max, next week

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
She's so crazy

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Next week looks like some shoot shoots happen.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

Good Will Hrunting posted:

This is loving atrocious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Eh, I liked it. I like Carrie and I think her new love interest is cool and good/bad for her. That last shot was beautiful.

The best moment was when she stole that woman's USB though.

• Locked thread