Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it pays o

HOSTAGE IS KIA. ROUND LOST

Afaik the hostage has the Rook Plate effect on them that always downs them on a body shot, no?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Yeah but most people just Don't Stop Shooting

I'm looking forward to the Hereford update the most. I really like that dumb map and I'm looking forward to find out how the devs have changed it after taking 2 yrs of DLC ops and just the meta expansion into account.

It was one of their first maps and you can see it in their alpha videos, it's nice to have it get spitshined

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

Thief posted:

we need an operator that is a tactical fireman and has experimental trampoline technology that lets you immediately throw the hostage out the window instead of repelling

Bounc a 58 year old from Prague. As a child wanted to join the circus but a freak right wing terrorist attack left him blind in both eyes. Through interpretive dance and the training of a retired polish spec ops operative, he slowly regained the ability to see. Emboldened, he joined the Prague FD, where he single handedly stopped an armed robbery by throwing an ax through the lead attacker, sadly it then bounced and hit one of the hostages who was coated in kerosene. Said hostage hit the smoking corpse of the lead robber, and burning alive jumped out of the building. Determined to not let this happen again he quit (was fired) from the FD to spend the next 10 years designing the worlds first tactical rescue trampoline... the potential was immense, and that is when Rainbow came calling.

Robo Turnus
Jul 12, 2006

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

unlawfulsoup posted:

Bounc a 58 year old from Prague. As a child wanted to join the circus but a freak right wing terrorist attack left him blind in both eyes. Through interpretive dance and the training of a retired polish spec ops operative, he slowly regained the ability to see. Emboldened, he joined the Prague FD, where he single handedly stopped an armed robbery by throwing an ax through the lead attacker, sadly it then bounced and hit one of the hostages who was coated in kerosene. Said hostage hit the smoking corpse of the lead robber, and burning alive jumped out of the building. Determined to not let this happen again he quit (was fired) from the FD to spend the next 10 years designing the worlds first tactical rescue trampoline... the potential was immense, and that is when Rainbow came calling.

This doesn't ring true to me...you forgot to mention how he and Zofia are ex-lovers. Or the terrible secret he knows about Jackal. Or how he and Leision share knowing looks about what it means to have suffered.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

disapointed that Bukakke recruit is gone

unrelated https://streamable.com/jtjsd

Basticle fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Feb 19, 2018

tjones
May 13, 2005

unlawfulsoup posted:

Someone should hire you to re-write the story to Siege. Haha.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Basticle posted:

disapointed that Bukakke recruit is gone

unrelated https://streamable.com/jtjsd

Maybe it's an Outbreak-only model?

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
I still want stepladder op

lets you hold weird vertical angles
lets you vault into new areas
lets you reinforce the top half of walls that normally leave a gap at the top

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

tjones posted:

Someone should hire you to re-write the story to Siege. Haha.

Heh, it would certainly go in a different direction.

Robo Turnus posted:

This doesn't ring true to me...you forgot to mention how he and Zofia are ex-lovers. Or the terrible secret he knows about Jackal. Or how he and Leision share knowing looks about what it means to have suffered.

Was saving that for the female Czech operative.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

There should be an Operator called Comfort (or Benefit?) that specializes in unjamming the meridian, due to a blood feud he has with Lesion (because Lesion gave his parents just a little prick and caused them to die of sepsis). Instead of throwing Gu Mines, this Operator uses callipers attached to a telescopic pole that he uses to remove Gu Mines from a distance and soothe peoples meridians. He hates himself because he shares the same line as Lesion: when removing the Gu Mines, he quietly sobs "This will sting a lot".

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!

Q8ee posted:

There should be an Operator called Comfort (or Benefit?) that specializes in unjamming the meridian, due to a blood feud he has with Lesion (because Lesion gave his parents just a little prick and caused them to die of sepsis). Instead of throwing Gu Mines, this Operator uses callipers attached to a telescopic pole that he uses to remove Gu Mines from a distance and soothe peoples meridians. He hates himself because he shares the same line as Lesion: when removing the Gu Mines, he quietly sobs "This will sting a lot".

You joke, but I could genuinely see utility in an attacker who uses miniaturized MICLIC charges or something like that as an anti-trap device, especially since so few of them have access to grenades. Then again, that could be unbalancing to trap defenders, make IQ obsolete, or just make someone like Mute too powerful.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

A defender, or hell, even an anti roamer attacker, who's ability is to pour out a jar of marbles on the floor, and if you run on them you fall à la home alone and are downed.

tjones
May 13, 2005
Since year one, I've wanted an op that can rappel silently and much faster (think fast roping) than everyone else as well as attach a line to an open hatch to allow the team access to climb up.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

The Bananana posted:

A defender, or hell, even an anti roamer attacker, who's ability is to pour out a jar of marbles on the floor, and if you run on them you fall à la home alone and are downed.

Perfect for the home alone event. You can have wet and sticky, attack and defense operators.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Anti-roamer operator that has a gadget that enhances sound detection, but the caveat is explosions / flashbangs / close gunfire causes a ringing in your ears that makes it hard to hear anything. Best tactic is to go off by yourself, turn the gadget on (it'd be like Cav's silent step in that it slowly runs out and needs to recharge) and listen in for any roamers, then corner and bang their poo poo in.

Defender operator can deploy gadgets around the map (say, a max of 3), that lets her specifically activate whichever dropped gadget she wants, using a tablet. The gadgets will make random, natural-sounding noises, like rustling, aiming down sights, footsteps, cries of pain.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

tjones posted:

Since year one, I've wanted an op that can rappel silently and much faster (think fast roping) than everyone else as well as attach a line to an open hatch to allow the team access to climb up.

That's actually pretty useful

Get 1... Maybe 2. Ropes to attach and leave for your teammates
I like it

Qubee
May 31, 2013

The more I think about it, the more useful it seems. Having an attacker that can quickly rappel through windows would be pretty nifty. And setting up a rope for your teammates to use to quickly enter a room is also nifty.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

tjones posted:

i cant find the vid of him zip lining but there's this raw unedited gameplay footage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olXUIcb80N0

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Thief posted:

i cant find the vid of him zip lining but there's this raw unedited gameplay footage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olXUIcb80N0

Um...

I..

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

What the hell does "jam the meridian" even mean?!

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Afaik it's an Eastern philosophical concept regarding the flow of energy through one's body. Wikipedia has a page on it.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Jack Trades posted:

Blocking your chi

The Huge Manatee
Mar 27, 2014

Jack Trades posted:

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Had a dream that Train on Theme Park was made into a bomb site. As shotgun Cav, I got a 2v5 ace clutch while the pubbie Mira ate poo poo instantly. Things are getting real.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Azran posted:

Afaik it's an Eastern philosophical concept regarding the flow of energy through one's body. Wikipedia has a page on it.

Minrad posted:

Blocking your chi

Oh, that actually makes sense.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
I want an operator who shoots a gun.

Extra gun.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Gamerofthegame posted:

I want an operator who shoots a gun.

Extra gun.

Calls in an artillery strike?

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

The Bananana posted:

Calls in an artillery strike?

naw,

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010
IT'S PAYNE

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/7yiadz/blitz_now_2s2a_operator_and_new_running_animation/

:psyduck:

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

They finally did it? This looks awesome but I'm pissed that everyone's gonna be stealing Blitz from me now. I've been maining him since release you fucks

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

Oh my God what the fuck am I?
Blitz rocket skates gadget lookin fun.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

an op who could max payne dive would be amazing

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

One part of me is excited to have my man Blitz be fast as gently caress. Another part dreads having to deal with the initial first wave of people insta-picking him every round.

tjones
May 13, 2005
gently caress. I hate shields.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
We should brainstorm some anti shield ops

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

ZeusCannon posted:

We should brainstorm some anti shield ops

Knowing Ubi, next season's defenders are both going to be trap operators.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Trap operators are cool and good so it's fine with me.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Next season are probs going to be attacker and defender. I'm sure the new American and Brit ops are going to be defenders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
I believe the devs said during the tournament that the next 2 operators after finka/lion will be defense.