Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Chaotic Flame posted:

Does that mean the regular subreddit is safe to look at?

No

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

The regular subreddit has been tightening their spoiler policies, so it's generally safe to look at, though people do have a tendency of going wink wink nudge nudge in the comments (though they never explicitly say anything). I browse it from time to time and haven't been spoiled on anything, fwiw. Just don't click any spoiler bars or go into any spoiler-marked threads.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Also expect whatever meme that has caught their attention to be run into the ground like a goddamn piledriver.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Yeah, I'm just avoiding it til at least AS3 is done. I don't mind being spoiled on a regular season toooo much, esp since there's no way to spoil the winner til the finale airs.

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe
I really hope Uncle Fester Trixie gets through the next round.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Same, but I can't see her going much further unless she really finds a way to bring the Trixie everyone loves to the competition. Which I'm not sure she can.

Whether she wins this season (she almost definitely won't, but it would be nice if she did!!) or not she's still one of the biggest stars to come out of Drag Race, period, and she'll be fine.

icehotels
Aug 10, 2014

Miz Kriss posted:

Ben was one of my favorites in season 6, and I was so heartbroken/pissed when she didn't make the top 4. Especially over Darrienne Lake. :cripes:

I'm so happy she's doing incredibly well this season.

I was so pissed when Ben wasn't top 4 (or three even on Season 6). I'm excited that she's doing so well on AS3. I'm still hoping that Trixie turns it around this season too.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Shangela winning would fit the mold of 'Ru pushing for one of the most popular and iconic queens to win' ala Chad and Alaska (which fwiw I only think Chad was rigged, if any were. that superhero challenge win was whack and shoulda gone to Raven and Juju) and our Nancy Drew of Drag would look lovely up on that fake wall.

But if Ben wins, after being so let down and unhappy with her season that for years she was saying she would never come back? gently caress what a gag tho.

I wish they could both win!!

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

esperterra posted:

Shangela winning would fit the mold of 'Ru pushing for one of the most popular and iconic queens to win' ala Chad and Alaska (which fwiw I only think Chad was rigged, if any were. that superhero challenge win was whack and shoulda gone to Raven and Juju) and our Nancy Drew of Drag would look lovely up on that fake wall.

But if Ben wins, after being so let down and unhappy with her season that for years she was saying she would never come back? gently caress what a gag tho.

I wish they could both win!!

Maybe that's the twist this year. Double winners

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Yeah, I think at this point it's between Shangela and Ben. I prefer Ben over Shangela, but I wouldn't be upset about a Shanela win. She is charismatic as gently caress, even if shady, and is possibly the most improved queen since her first appearance in season 2.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

At this point the Top 3 is likely Ben, Shangela, and Aja but who knows what is going to happen. Will any of these queens have the guts to take Ben or Shangela out if they have a chance?

Aphra Bane
Oct 3, 2013

Shangela would no doubt eliminate Ben if given the chance. And there's enough foreshadowing that it does feel like we're gearing up to see Ben land in the bottom two at some point. Still, it's hard to imagine her failing that hard to land in the bottom at all. Not unless it was one of those arbitrary "this week we're judging you as pairs instead of individuals" decisions that ends up dragging her down. Which I guess is possible :ohdear:

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
I'm so into voguing right now

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Shangela will take out her competition, for sure. I could see Aja voting the strongest off, as well.

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe

My reaction to her comments on the show put to music :allears:

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
The avocado toast sealed it for me.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

The Berzerker posted:

Yeah but that was bullshit, no way Darienne Lake deserved to be top 4 over Ben tbh.

I’ve never heard of Darienne Lake and went ‘huh wonder if she’s from my hometown?’

About an hour away, and she did take it from the name of the local amusement park :3:.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Ubiquitous_ posted:

The avocado toast sealed it for me.

Basic white killed me dead, but also gave me loife

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

LadyPictureShow posted:

I’ve never heard of Darienne Lake and went ‘huh wonder if she’s from my hometown?’

About an hour away, and she did take it from the name of the local amusement park :3:.

What up, CNY buddy?

twistedbutterfly
Jan 20, 2007
I just found this and I love it. Jinx Monsoon in regards to Ben "not working" since her season https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfIOK3e2Dj4

Jay O
Oct 9, 2012

being a zombie's not so bad
once you get used to it

twistedbutterfly posted:

I just found this and I love it. Jinx Monsoon in regards to Ben "not working" since her season https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfIOK3e2Dj4

Yeah, that was clearly just juice for the editors to give her a more dramatic rise. Not sure even Milk really thought that, was going more for a joke in her talking head. Ben's been working just as much as the other queens, just not as often in the same venues. (Although she still tours with Drag Race alumni sometimes too, just comparatively not as much maybe.) Following a lot of queens' work more seriously over the last two years has made the edits on Drag Race about what someone's "known for" or their shtick or where and when they work more transparent; it's always more about the narrative than the less dramatic truth.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Flyinglemur posted:

What up, CNY buddy?

I grew up just outside of Buffalo, how bout you, bud?

Who you rooting for this season?

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

LadyPictureShow posted:

I grew up just outside of Buffalo, how bout you, bud?

Who you rooting for this season?

Flyinglemur posted:

What up, CNY buddy?

What up, dudes, I'm from Cazenovia (so I tell people I'm from Syracuse.)

Weed Wolf
Jul 30, 2004

Pinwiz11 posted:

At this point the Top 3 is likely Ben, Shangela, and Aja but who knows what is going to happen. Will any of these queens have the guts to take Ben or Shangela out if they have a chance?

The gossip on reddit is that (spoilers obviously but take them with a grain of salt): Morgan McMichaels comes back in the "revenge" episode and uses her power to knock out Ben. Could be wishful fan thinking, but it would be a pretty fun twist and get the drama flowing.

twistedbutterfly
Jan 20, 2007

Weed Wolf posted:

The gossip on reddit is that (spoilers obviously but take them with a grain of salt): Morgan McMichaels comes back in the "revenge" episode and uses her power to knock out Ben. Could be wishful fan thinking, but it would be a pretty fun twist and get the drama flowing.

If that rumor is true than I am gonna need popcorn to watch parts of this fandom lose their minds.

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe

twistedbutterfly posted:

If that rumor is true than I am gonna need popcorn to watch parts of this fandom lose their minds.

I'm gonna lose my mind if that happens.

twistedbutterfly
Jan 20, 2007

Bina posted:

I'm gonna lose my mind if that happens.

It will be the gag of the season. Hell, the gag of all the AS seasons.

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

I’ve been saying this since the season started (look at my posts on here). I saw it coming a mile away but it’s still a gag and a half.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah that would make me angry af but would definitely be some memorable television.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

I really hope that theory isn't true because drat would I be pissed.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Reddit spoilers have been about 50-50 in my experience so who the hell knows

I will both :lol: and :argh: if it happens though

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

There are more spoilers beyond that and they're all insane, and if they come true I will be so angry but it will make for good television to be sure.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

I wouldn’t put it past Morgan to eliminate Ben, but since Morgan has zero chance of winning it would just be 100% spiteful which will *not* help a career that’s already toiling in mediocrity outside of her immediate LA sphere.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

I am dying to click those but if they are as half as good as you guys are insinuating, I want to go in blind as hell.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

^burtle posted:

I am dying to click those but if they are as half as good as you guys are insinuating, I want to go in blind as hell.

Stick with blind, trust me.
You're in for a ride. I got spoiled on reddit and seriously wish I hadn't.

Weed Wolf
Jul 30, 2004

Poulpe posted:

Stick with blind, trust me.
You're in for a ride. I got spoiled on reddit and seriously wish I hadn't.

I keep on reminding myself that it's the equivalent of "my uncle's cousin who works for Nintendo says" but it's fun to think about!

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Except that 'uncle who works for Nintendo' got everything right about S9, which was all spoiled p much before it aired. That's why I've avoided reddit for the AS season.

y'all tread carefully over there!

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

The other persistent rumor I've heard is Ben continues to slay the competition for a while and then eliminates herself. Which would kind of loving rule. I hope it's that and not the other.

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
I’m excited for everything listed in the spoiler bars. Giving me life!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

yeah if even half of that is true, thats some next-level reality tv drama fun.

• Locked thread