Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

The White Dragon posted:

we're talking about anime, not abusive lich husband mormon fanfiction

I didn't know jojo was an abusive lich husband mormon fanfiction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
The Imprisoned is a cool dude even if nobody likes fighting against him in any game ever.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HS6R2Q7eRdg

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
There's a mission in Hyrule Warriors where you have to fight 3 Imprisoned and it takes like 15 minutes to beat. That boss is so bad.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

It's accurate SS rep :v:.

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

precision posted:

in a complete and utter shocker, Kingdom Come actually owns super hard

i'm still in the very beginning but i already like it more than Witcher 3, mainly because they're not really the same kind of game. Kingdom Come can most closely be compared to adventure games, it actually reminds me a lot of Hero Quest (and Heroine Quest, for that matter) which may seem like a turboweird thing to say but there you go.

it's also real pretty even on a non-Pro PS4

I am really loving it as well. Steam says I’ve got 42 hours since launch. Mods are essential for me though, so I salute you playing it stock.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Hey chat thread have I hit the endpoint of Persona 5? Dungeon and progression spoilers below:

I'm up to Shido's dungeon and a lot of the talk is that I need to get my affairs in order because this is it! I haven't maxed my kindness or charm so some SLs are still gated and I've only got 20 days left - am I screwed or is there more SL stuff available after this dungeon?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

SLs cut off on Christmas.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
I've gotten so much more enjoyment out of open world games lately by just making a bee line for the end of the main quest

Most side quests are going to be very similar to something you do in the main story anyway. If you're going through Optional Identical Skyrim Ruin #57, you probably have a compulsion and should reconsider your motivations

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Hey chat thread have I hit the endpoint of Persona 5? Dungeon and progression spoilers below:

I'm up to Shido's dungeon and a lot of the talk is that I need to get my affairs in order because this is it! I haven't maxed my kindness or charm so some SLs are still gated and I've only got 20 days left - am I screwed or is there more SL stuff available after this dungeon?

In case you didn't know this isn't like 4 you can complete the dungeon and they will let do social stuff until the story progresses.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Cool, thanks folks.

Related question - what's the best way to build charm and kindness? Is there any way to get more than a 3 point increase?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Cool, thanks folks.

Related question - what's the best way to build charm and kindness? Is there any way to get more than a 3 point increase?

I maxed everything but Guts before that dungeon without even trying; for Kindness and Charm especially, you should be getting points in those during S Links. Have you been feeding your plant? Literally all I did for everything but Guts and Knowledge was read books on the train, I can count less than 10 total times I worked part-time or did the bath house or any of those stat-raising-only activities.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

precision posted:

I maxed everything but Guts before that dungeon without even trying; for Kindness and Charm especially, you should be getting points in those during S Links. Have you been feeding your plant? Literally all I did for everything but Guts and Knowledge was read books on the train, I can count less than 10 total times I worked part-time or did the bath house or any of those stat-raising-only activities.

:(

Kindness at least I'm only half way through the SL that gives you kindness. I guess I got my priorities all screwed up and didn't optimise.

A lot of the SLs I have to finish don't give stat boosts so I need to balance between getting those stats up for the stat gates :argh: and finishing my SLs.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Any of you remember that show "tokyo pig"?

I only ever saw one ep of it when it first came out. I watched a couple more recently for whatever reason and it's surprisingly entertaining.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

FirstAidKite posted:

Any of you remember that show "tokyo pig"?

I only ever saw one ep of it when it first came out. I watched a couple more recently for whatever reason and it's surprisingly entertaining.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eL8doxCv2I

this show?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
speaking of cats

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7uSppqT8bM

:3:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

what # is cucumbers

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Cool, thanks folks.

One of the fortune teller's first unlocks is giving a +1 to a specific social stat when doing an activity that raises it.

You'll get kindness naturally with Sojiro and the arcade kid. The sun and devil social links give charm. Buy the expensive plant food in Shinjuku and give it to your plant every two weeks for 3 kindness per.

Beyond that you'll just have to do the normal stuff of bathing, reading, renting movies, playing video games, and working at the plant shop and bar in Shinjuku.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

:thunk:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I think your Green Pamot is sick

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

i can't believe I forgot to take a screenshot of the part in ff14 where the guy explains why the blue turtle tribe actually has green skin

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

thanks internet

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Who makes a game in TYOOL 2018 without autosave jesus loving c hrist

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Its gums are green.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

(the answer, apparently, is not yoko taro, but unknown worlds entertainment)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

homeless snail posted:

thanks internet

Did you miss Hancock also talking about how the glorious word nakama is untranslatable?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Ciaphas posted:

Who makes a game in TYOOL 2018 without autosave jesus loving c hrist

yoko taro was 2017 sorry

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

i already made that dang joke

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Yakuza doesn't autosave either so I guess the answer is Sega

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

okay well i guess the subnautica devs aren't the only dumb turds in the sandbox this year after all

i guess i should thank it, because now i get to take a look at this Celeste game people keep telling me i would love. and I DO like challenge/puzzle platformers.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
good news: celeste has really generous auto saving

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I spent all day today ripping my computer trying to figure out why it wasn't booting, and then made the plausible guess it was the power supply so I made a three hour round trip bus journey to Fry's and then fortunately it worked

Except now I plugged in one of the LED indicators so there's a giant glowing blue light on the front of my box telling me that the computer is on which is super annoying. I must have messed up plugging that in when I built the computer and then gotten it right this time except I hate it so I'm gonna go unplug it as soon as I'm done posting this, and then go on to game with my handcrafted artisan gaming computer

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

cheetah7071 posted:

I think your Green Pamot is sick

hmm no just high

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

cheetah7071 posted:

I spent all day today ripping my computer trying to figure out why it wasn't booting, and then made the plausible guess it was the power supply so I made a three hour round trip bus journey to Fry's and then fortunately it worked

Except now I plugged in one of the LED indicators so there's a giant glowing blue light on the front of my box telling me that the computer is on which is super annoying. I must have messed up plugging that in when I built the computer and then gotten it right this time except I hate it so I'm gonna go unplug it as soon as I'm done posting this, and then go on to game with my handcrafted artisan gaming computer

Just put electrical tape over it

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Real hurthling! posted:

That's what I did for my computer. For some reason it feels the need to tell me it is on with an insanely bright blue light that blinks every second. It was really annoying since I would always see it in the corner of my eye, blinking on and off.

That computer is like 4 years old now and I'm quite pleased with its performance overall. It can still run every game I buy at max settings and I haven't had any problems related to the hardware. The issues I have had with it recently come from Windows 10 being a terrible piece of poo poo.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Real hurthling! posted:

I knew exactly where the cord was and it took me all of sixty seconds to unplug it

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
trying to decide if i want to revisit deus ex human revolution cause it's been longer since i've played it or replay dishonored cause i remember having more fun with how it plays

al-azad
May 28, 2009

homeless snail posted:

thanks internet

I really want to see what the original Japanese for this is unless it’s an English specific dialog or they use midori to specify.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Huh? Is your PC at eye level right next to your screen or something?
I mean mine has 2 orange LED fans in the front, a side window and my grfx card glows. But since it is in the floor underneath my desk the only thing it does is help me not trip in the dark room or find something I dropped to the floor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I'm about 9 hours into Subnautica and it has been extreeeeemely my poo poo so far. It's so incredibly immersive and the gameplay loop makes your gradual progression from being completely lost and unprepared to dominating the environment feel totally natural. One small example, I just finished putting some grav traps down around my base. I used to have to search around for wildlife to keep myself fed, but now I can go collect the small fish being drawn in by my trap.

I think the best way to go into it is as blind as possible, there is such a rich world to discover on your own, so I won't go into details. Suffice it to say, if you're into immersive games, sci-fi games, survival games, or any combination of the 3 you should definitely check out Subnautica.

• Locked thread