Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Xealot posted:

But is he dumb enough for Legends?

Well he never listens, so... i guess that's a crew requirement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Xealot posted:

But is he dumb enough for Legends?

Remember that time he wanted to jumpstart his superpowers so he stepped in front of a speeding car?

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

8one6 posted:

Remember that time he wanted to jumpstart his superpowers so he stepped in front of a speeding car?

Looks like someone's gunning for the captain's chair!

Dracorion
Jul 23, 2013
Someone please post that gif of Wally running into a wall.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

McSpanky posted:

Looks like someone's gunning for the captain's chair!

Ha! Wally's totally taking over.

CrimsonAuthor
Nov 14, 2006

Dracorion posted:

Someone please post that gif of Wally running into a wall.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

ahahaha I forgot the cut to the title card

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
The CW’s released an official photo to Iris’s super suit. I really hope it’s not just a one-off thing because it looks fantastic.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I am just shocked that it's not just Jesse Quick's suit with a coat of paint.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

nine-gear crow posted:

The CW’s released an official photo to Iris’s super suit. I really hope it’s not just a one-off thing because it looks fantastic.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I appreciate the episode title "Run, Iris, Run" showing that the writers are at least aware of the show's stupider elements.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

nine-gear crow posted:

Given the villain name there better be some fondue jokes :colbert:

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!

GobiasIndustries posted:

Given the villain name there better be some fondue jokes :colbert:

IO9 got the name wrong. It’s “Melting Point” not “pot”.

AlliedBiscuit fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Feb 23, 2018

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

AlliedBiscuit posted:

IO9 got the name wrong. It’s “Melting Point” not “pot”.

Well that just sucks.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I'm going to be bummed when they kill this girl.

Also, Harry and Cecile buddy sitcom please.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

I missed the first 45 minutes but the last 15 have been brutal.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I guess DeVoe didn't anticipate that the person he was trying to kidnap would use their powers on him :v:

:rip: tiny chipmunk

howe_sam posted:

Also, Harry and Cecile buddy sitcom please.

:agreed:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
How did the show get this bad again?

Also don't cry over that southern hussy Ralph, you have to stay pure for Sue.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Oh no your violin broke so you are now unable to use your powers at all despite the fact that you demonstrated the ability to use your power without it on multiple occasions 20 minutes ago
Also :lol: at the secret lair's ability to give you bad hair

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

WhyteRyce posted:

Oh no your violin broke so you are now unable to use your powers at all despite the fact that you demonstrated the ability to use your power without it on multiple occasions 20 minutes ago

Look, when you design a pocket universe you have to accept that among all the universal constants you want, and avoiding the ones that are fatal, there will be a few variables that aren't ideal but must be left alone.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Prediction time: Ralph is going to be the last meta bodysnatched, his powers make him resistant to the dark matter decay, everything will look bad, then the power of friendship will drive Devoe from Ralph's body.

Then, for some reason, a wormhole will show up and the flash will have to run very fast to stop it.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
gently caress this show, I didn't think it could get worse, but to make me listen to bad country music and fake fiddle playing.

I missed My dad's in jail Barry

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

It kind of looks like team flash might not even have to do anything - just take a vacation to earth two and Devoe will selfdestruct all by himself. :effort:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I'm just going to put it out there, Devoe kinda sucks.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Rhyno posted:

How did the show get this bad again?

Craft keeps setting out paint chips instead of pita chips.

Bozart
Oct 28, 2006

Give me the finger.
I'll be the weirdo and say I liked this episode. More harry, dibney development, and a reminder that at least barry and iris are long past their will they wont they oh will she be murdered stage.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

MiddleOne posted:

I'm just going to put it out there, Devoe kinda sucks.

He's managed to become the only villain more retarded than Barry.

I still cannot wrap my head around the end of "Don't Run". If Team Flash was willing to use Ralph to impersonate DeVoe in order to get Barry out of jail, what loving moral qualms could they possibly have had about letting Barry just grab DeVoe's corpse and put it somewhere else IN THE FIRST loving PLACE?

Cecile/Harry was funny though.

Fritz Coldcockin fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Feb 28, 2018

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Agreed, expect for Devoe the show’s been on good. To the point that I wouldn’t mind next season not really having a big bad. Just have random crisis of the week stuff and lots of fun character interactions.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

No exactly, the show is great when they stay light and can lean on the charisma of the cast. It's when things start to turn serious that everything falls apart. And the DeVoe story has been as serious as a heart attack (too soon in light of Kevin Smith? Nah, he survived his) so the proceedings grind to a halt whenever he appears.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
They need to have a villain with a proper sense of humour again like Thawne. Part of what made Thawne work in season 1 was that while the dude was terrifying as poo poo and did not gently caress around, he was also just as funny and goofy as the rest of Team Flash, only in a more darker direction.

Zoom, Savitar, and DeVoe have all been kinda bores so far...

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Rocksicles posted:

gently caress this show, I didn't think it could get worse, but to make me listen to bad country music and fake fiddle playing.

A guy I grew up with is a Country singer now so I'm obligated to fight you on this one, but I only like one song of his so I'm not gonna fight very hard.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
My favorite was how DeVoe is now southern, no doubt because that actress is kind of bad, but c'mon. or is he like taking their whole personalities? cuz if so he's totally just gonna end up losing because of INNER TURBULENCE.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

WhyteRyce posted:

:argh:"Barry we have to get her out of there"
:flashfap:"I've tried literally nothing! We can't!"
:argh:"Seriously Barry she is about to die and refuses to use her powers for some reason! We have to get her out of there!"
:flashfap:"We can't! Don't remind her about her training or tell her to use her powers!"
:argh:"Try phasing through the forcefield, coming at it from above, coming at it from below, testing it's strength or getting Cisco to breach inside it!"
:flashfap:"I told you I've tried nothing! She's gone Ralph!"
:argh:"Hey weren't you laying right next to Devoe? You just ran right past her to come over here to tell me we have to do nothing and let her die"
:flashfap: "We will get Devoe, I promise."
:argh: "She is still alive do something"
:flashfap: "I told you we don't have time to do anything. Devoe wins this round."

Bonus points for Devoe proudly proclaiming he is Killgore, for everyone to hear, before the inhibitor turned purple and exploded and all of the super geniuses not expecting this or even understanding what happened. Who knew using technology on the guy who controls technology wouldn't work. If only we knew what went wrong. We've got 8-9 episodes left to figure this conundrum out and technobabble some poo poo up about hacking binary DNA or whatever the gently caress.

VictorianQueerLit fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Feb 28, 2018

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Bozart posted:

I'll be the weirdo and say I liked this episode. More harry, dibney development, and a reminder that at least barry and iris are long past their will they wont they oh will she be murdered stage.

I won't go so far as to praise the episode or anything but yeah, I like Ralph and this was an episode focused on developing his journey into becoming a hero. So I was good with watching that. I'm invested in Ralph's growth as a person.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I think I figured out DeVoe's plan. He takes the Country Powers to create a new hit country album. Then he uses his Unlucky Power to have all the other country stars to behalf some horribly unlucky accident. Then he uses his Kilgore powers to push his album out to every computer, phone, tablet, and radio in the country. Then after winning a Grammy for best new Country Album he uses that resizing power to make a giant Grammy statue which he brings to life. Then uses it to kill Barry.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
So I missed that part about the Cerebral Inhibitor failing, but they basically confirmed in this episode that either Savitar was just trolling them last year, or he was just so loving Barry Allen Stupid that he forgot that it actually didn't work, right?

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

nine-gear crow posted:

So I missed that part about the Cerebral Inhibitor failing, but they basically confirmed in this episode that either Savitar was just trolling them last year, or he was just so loving Barry Allen Stupid that he forgot that it actually didn't work, right?

Blah blah blah changes to the timeline blah blah speedforce blah blah etc.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Guy A. Person posted:

Blah blah blah changes to the timeline blah blah speedforce blah blah etc.

Okay, so basically... Flash. Got it.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

nine-gear crow posted:

Or, in the season finale, Harry’s crisis of confidence over his doodly-doo not deedly-deeing culminates in him realizing he forgot to take into account the bleebledy-blorp and he schmeckedy-shlorps the dingle-bopper and then his stupid thing works now for reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

drat it I forgot to shut off that stupid rear end Bluetooth thing or whatever you guys call it back on Earth-2 all our stuff still has headphone jacks