Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

coconono posted:

what podcasts did she do? I've never heard of her until this moment.

idk

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I honestly thought that "Hey <x> died, I'm their <brother/sister> just posting under their account to inform you, also to honor their memory I will keep posting exactly like they did" was something that only happened back in the late 90s. That this Chris Regal did it in 2017 and tried to maintain it for over a year is mindboggling. But I guess it makes sense since he's such a big fan of TNA trying its best to keep the spirit of WCW incompetence alive.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I almost wish it was true and that Regal's brother had to keep watching TNA and posting on a TNA board for the rest of his days

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

No seriously. I can't get over that he pretended to be dead from cancer for OVER A YEAR, and his VERY FIRST TWEET is one where he insults someone for doing the same thing.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

HulkaMatt posted:

No seriously. I can't get over that he pretended to be dead from cancer for OVER A YEAR, and his VERY FIRST TWEET is one where he insults someone for doing the same thing.

he didn't scam people out of money in the process tbf

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
RIP TNAMecca?

https://twitter.com/tnameccaquotes/status/965202184169230336

Regal set the blog to private lmao.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

what a stunning weekend for wrestletwitter

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Did I mention how stupid Dave is? (This is on the AAW/Elgin situation)

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/965107641377853440

:sigh:

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Gonzo McFee posted:

It seems like the smart thing to do would be to nationalise your healthcare industry and remove the incentive for these scams.

Do you think they faked having cancer to raise money to pay for their real not fake cancer, or do you just not know what the word incentive means

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

DarkstarIV posted:

It's kind of weird, because these people are obviously upset at Elgin and think he's a piece of poo poo - and yet they paid to see him? I take Dave's answer as "they're not doing it yet, but we'll see if people care enough to vote with their money and/or if promoters are worried about that", which is answering the question posed. I don't expect Dave to have an opinion on the societal/ethical aspects of this, because it's Dave.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Helicity posted:

It's kind of weird, because these people are obviously upset at Elgin and think he's a piece of poo poo - and yet they paid to see him?

AAW's card last night was almost completely unknown before showtime, including a lot of competitors like Elgin. They quite literally did not pay to see him because they didn't even know he'd be on the show, especially with AAW not having booked Elgin recently prior to this

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
It's just like how people paying for the WWE Network so they can poo poo on the product with their friends is better for the WWE than if they don't pay for it at all. People who buy tickets to a show just so they can boo Elgin are missing the point entirely.

edit: In regards to the previous post, I was not aware of how AAW promoted the show beforehand or wether or not they announced Elgin pre-show. If they didn't, then Dave's point about waiting to see what happens in future shows before passing judgement makes better sense.

dsriggs fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Feb 18, 2018

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

They pretty much sold the show as the main event with naito it seems like

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

DarkstarIV posted:

In the very next tweet he says if he appeared unadvertised at AAW that was a bad move on their part.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Chris James 2 posted:

AAW's card last night was almost completely unknown before showtime, including a lot of competitors like Elgin. They quite literally did not pay to see him because they didn't even know he'd be on the show, especially with AAW not having booked Elgin recently prior to this

MassRafTer posted:

In the very next tweet he says if he appeared unadvertised at AAW that was a bad move on their part.

Thanks, that's some context I was missing.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Cavauro posted:

They pretty much sold the show as the main event with naito it seems like

I mean that's the only reason I even vaguely knew Michael Elgin was in Chicago. at the very least the "oh well if people booed him that's just good heelin he's a draw baby" is a little disingenuous when hes traveling with one of new japans biggest stars who rarely goes to the states.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

In any case, I lived due to the love of my family and friends.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I'll take some screenshots later, but apparently Wrestle Forum's newest thing is accusing some WWE talent of not being able to speak English at all (and that's why they should never get pushed). They singled out Kairi for it, claiming most (read: all of her english tweets) of her tweets are Google translated, despite the fact that her tweets are pretty well written for something that supposedly came from Google Translate.

So xenophobia pretty much.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Feb 18, 2018

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Do you think they faked having cancer to raise money to pay for their real not fake cancer, or do you just not know what the word incentive means

I think if cancer was treated for free she wouldn't be able to set up a go fund me to pay for it, you ninny.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

DarkstarIV posted:

I'll take some screenshots later, but apparently Wrestle Forum's newest thing is accusing some WWE talent of not being able to speak English at all (and that's why they should never get pushed). They singled out Kairi for it, claiming most (read: all of her english tweets) of her tweets are Google translated, despite the fact that her tweets are pretty well written for something that supposedly came from Google Translate.

So xenophobia pretty much.

Please try and find someone claiming this about, like, Rusev, Cesaro or Tozawa

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Chris James 2 posted:

what a stunning weekend for wrestletwitter

I keep hearing people say this but whats the other stuff that happened?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Gaz-L posted:

Please try and find someone claiming this about, like, Rusev, Cesaro or Tozawa

Or Noam Dar

Luke72w
Oct 28, 2011

Unlovable
I saw that all of my suspicions were confirmed that Chris Regal's death was BS and came here to see the hot takes and noticed that my "last read post" was from when I last visited right after he 'died' in January 2017 because I think I assumed without TNAMecca the best of this thread was behind us. Page 185 if anyone is looking for Dixie Carter's condolence tweet.

Luke72w
Oct 28, 2011

Unlovable

Helicity posted:

It's kind of weird, because these people are obviously upset at Elgin and think he's a piece of poo poo - and yet they paid to see him? I take Dave's answer as "they're not doing it yet, but we'll see if people care enough to vote with their money and/or if promoters are worried about that", which is answering the question posed. I don't expect Dave to have an opinion on the societal/ethical aspects of this, because it's Dave.

That's actually me asking that question, and I kind of wish I had phrased it differently as I'm not surprised he answered it that way given Dave's...quirks. I was at the Revolver show on Friday and the mood was definitely anti-Elgin in a way that transcends normal wrestling heat - justified or not. I think had it been any other card a lot of people wouldn't have stuck around for a main event with Michael Elgin given the fan response, but it's not like Tetsuya Naito is coming back to Dayton anytime soon so people just seemed to be making their opinions heard the only way they could. Also, the tickets went on sale and were sold out for this show before the Elgin controversy hit so it's an even worse indication of his effect on cards than it already was with the Naito factor.

Luke72w fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Feb 19, 2018

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos
Regal's death announcement was in January '17? Feels like it was a few months ago.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

It's been interesting to see Dave be content with copy/pasting statements into the Observer and not actually do much in the way of real reporting about a situation that probably warrants it.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Ryback rushed to the defense of Enzo Amore on his latest podcast. (On Enzo not telling WWE about the investigation)

Why am I not shocked?

quote:

“I understand why (Enzo Amore) didn’t tell WWE because if he didn’t do anything he would have been fired or suspended last year because that company won’t back you in anything, especially something like that because they will just drop you. They may bring you back at some point but the damage was already done. He hasn’t been up there that long and you look at it like you are making that money and you keep wanting to make that money and you are not sure that they are going to bring you back, but I am going off the assumption that he didn’t do anything and why he didn’t tell them because again, if he did he would have been fired or suspended last year and not been paid so he was preserving that and hoping that it wouldn’t come out, but it did.”

I mean WWE is really lovely in a lot of ways, but firing someone accused of rape isn't one of them. ESPECIALLY since Enzo went out of his way to hide it.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Feb 19, 2018

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

DarkstarIV posted:

Ryback rushed to the defense of Enzo Amore on his latest podcast. (On Enzo not telling WWE about the investigation)

Why am I not shocked?

I mean WWE is really lovely in a lot of ways, but firing someone accused of rape isn't one of them. ESPECIALLY since Enzo went out of his way to hide it.

I mean, he's not wrong about parts of it. WWE fires and suspends guys all the time for controversial stuff and then quietly brings them back after its blown over.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Enzo was already on the shitlist but WWE was willing to let him ride his contract out as long as he stayed out of trouble. He didn't. In fact, he failed to report that he was under investigation.

And yes, the company is more than happy to backdoor people in that'll make them money or Vince likes them. Its always been that way.

Ryback's just sad because he can't get fuckin booked, his podcast is tedious verbal effluvia and he's so loving dumb he gets confounded by a drat Panera menu.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

The part that always strikes me as most emblematic of why the backstage hated Enzo is that in his sexual assault report it said he tried to seduce her by mentioning his instagram followers

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
If only Ryback had been this good a heel while he was employed

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Rarity posted:

If only Ryback had been this good a heel while he was employed

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Finn has annoyed some people by being a decent human being.

https://twitter.com/heel4lif3/status/967006763223457792
https://twitter.com/keepinl4dalive/status/967083322416381952
https://twitter.com/1983james_/status/967114813452234753

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Oh man this dude is gonna be upset when he learns more about Kenny Omega

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I think he’s just taking a shot at AJ?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Defiance Industries posted:

Oh man this dude is gonna be upset when he learns more about Kenny Omega

And THE GAY COMMUNITY?

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Aphrodite posted:

I think he’s just taking a shot at AJ?

I did a quick scroll through his twitter and yeah I'm pretty sure that is correct

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

The frickin gays make me so mad I now hate rainbow colors!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Of course the mad person is a (presumably) male with an Alexa Bliss avatar lol