Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

Javes posted:

I believe the devs said during the tournament that the next 2 operators after finka/lion will be defense.

I don't think they specified that it was the next 2 ops, but that one of this year's updates will have 2 defenders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
:canada: :canada: Who else is stoked for the best map returning to the game? :canada: :canada:

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

IronDoge posted:

Knowing Ubi, next season's defenders are both going to be trap operators.

Dunno, these two attackers seem to be strong anti-spawnpeeking ops. I think they'll try something different with the defenders too to keep switching up the meta.

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:

keyframe posted:

:canada: :canada: Who else is stoked for the best map returning to the game? :canada: :canada:

Hell yes, I forgot they confirmed this! I wonder if they're reworking it at all?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
https://rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-us/game-info/seasons/chimera/index.aspx check out for yourself in these sweet sweet patch notes!

they didn't

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

ZeusCannon posted:

We should brainstorm some anti shield ops

Maybe something with magnets?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Does causing deployable shields to break if walked on mean you can effectively no longer put them in skinny hallways? That was their only use.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Does causing deployable shields to break if walked on mean you can effectively no longer put them in skinny hallways? That was their only use.

What? Break?

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010
A vault is not the same as walking on top of it.

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

You can vault over them just fine, you just can't vault onto them. It's a fix for people abusing it to spawn peek out of windows you normally couldn't.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

When does the patch hit consoles?

SMP
May 5, 2009

REST IN poo poo BARTLETT

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

thx dudes

The Bananana posted:

What? Break?

"DEPLOYABLE SHIELD WALKING
You can no longer walk on deployable shields. At any instant that an operator is considered walking on the shield, it will collapse on itself (be destroyed) and the shield is refunded in the inventory of the defender that placed it. That will prevent players from utilizing exploits by walking on a shield."

https://rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-us/game-info/seasons/chimera/index.aspx

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Does the TTS have the changes to have all unlocks for operators you own? I didn't see anything about it in the patch notes, and now I'm sad all the qol changes are gonna be some time later this year instead of right after the sale they just did.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Jesus loving christ at the dev that looked blitz and said "yea this is how he should be, this is balanced" :ughh:

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Oh man, they claim to have fixed the weird rotation sync problem while vaulting. It's just a visual bug, but it will make me feel a lot better.

No longer will people shoot me 90 degrees from their barrel direction!

Also Kapkan impacts will be nice.

ten_twentyfour
Jan 24, 2008

"We are removing Bartlett University from the Casual Playlist and adding Yacht back."

Year 2 redeemed. I'd like to request a DVD with Bartlett on it so I can burn it please. Thanks.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

keyframe posted:

Jesus loving christ at the dev that looked blitz and said "yea this is how he should be, this is balanced" :ughh:

I'm going to love being Sanic the Deathhogg

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
This will also make Blitz a bit more fragile though. You will need a couple less leg shots to kill him! :v:

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Zomborgon posted:

Oh man, they claim to have fixed the weird rotation sync problem while vaulting. It's just a visual bug, but it will make me feel a lot better.

No longer will people shoot me 90 degrees from their barrel direction!

Also Kapkan impacts will be nice.

Had this happen last night when I peaked out a window on Oregon, where Ash was repelling up, and I started to line up my sights, and died, even though she was still scrambling up. And in the kill cam, she already had her gun up and aimed at me. Very lame.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

The Bananana posted:

Had this happen last night when I peaked out a window on Oregon, where Ash was repelling up, and I started to line up my sights, and died, even though she was still scrambling up. And in the kill cam, she already had her gun up and aimed at me. Very lame.

It's an arcade shooter, sadly.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

https://streamable.com/slrth

:thunk:

Qubee
May 31, 2013

I remember this being posted a month or so back, it has aged like a fine wine. It was a Goon who recorded it, right?

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
Now just let me kapkan mine those impact holes ubi.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

What's the process for reporting toxic behavior?

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

The Bananana posted:

Step 1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6RWiVRwoE8

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

The Bananana posted:

Take a screen shot, fill this out: https://support.ubi.com/en-US/Cases/Channel. If it's video, record it with your video of choice and put it in streamable or youtube or whatever and include a link.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Loom at this poo poo.

1st. https://youtu.be/vcjIcfD5_GU

But I was gonna shake it off. Whatever, I just need to play some rounds as echo and lesion and long.
So here goes the next round.

2nd. https://youtu.be/EePZiVA93PA

gently caress them. I reported them.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

where do you find all these relevant clips, you're like a meme library

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Take a screen shot, fill this out: https://support.ubi.com/en-US/Cases/Channel. If it's video, record it with your video of choice and put it in streamable or youtube or whatever and include a link.

Thanks for the info, btw

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

The Bananana posted:

Thanks for the info, btw

...are you using a controller on PC?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see your first post now.

tjones
May 13, 2005

The Bananana posted:

Loom at this poo poo.

1st. https://youtu.be/vcjIcfD5_GU

But I was gonna shake it off. Whatever, I just need to play some rounds as echo and lesion and long.
So here goes the next round.

2nd. https://youtu.be/EePZiVA93PA

gently caress them. I reported them.

I know this doesn't matter and those dudes suck, but a few tips, nonetheless:

Always run the bearing 9 as a secondary for Echo/Hibana. There is no reason to pick the pistol. The bearing is a fantastic secondary and one of the best. I'd recommend a shield to help camp in corners while you are on your drone, but barb can be useful to slow ops down when you hit them with your Yokai if you're certain you have a safe spot when droning. If you are solo queueing, I'd recommend the shield so you don't have to worry about a pubbie watching your back (they most likely won't).

I would recommend the 590, mac11, and barb as a loadout for Smoke. The main benefit being the shotgun is more utility than two impacts, the mac11 is the best weapon SAS is provided hands-down, and barb helps trap guys inside the AOE range of your cannisters.

As far as the team killing goes, if they do it once they most likely will continue. I'd do my reporting to Fairfight, grab my video footage of them when it is blatant, and leave the match. It appears they were a four stack and anything you did was not likely going to change their minds. Best not to waste your time or become anymore angry over it and just move on to the next game.

Try playing ranked more. You still run into assholes like this but they aren't as common as people tend to want to win games and not get temp banned from queueing for team killing. It has the added benefit of allowing you to pick your spawn point as well.

EDIT: It appears he is on PSN.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

tjones posted:

I know this doesn't matter and those dudes suck, but a few tips, nonetheless:

Always run the bearing 9 as a secondary for Echo/Hibana. There is no reason to pick the pistol. The bearing is a fantastic secondary and one of the best. I'd recommend a shield to help camp in corners while you are on your drone, but barb can be useful to slow ops down when you hit them with your Yokai if you're certain you have a safe spot when droning. If you are solo queueing, I'd recommend the shield so you don't have to worry about a pubbie watching your back (they most likely won't).

I would recommend the 590, mac11, and barb as a loadout for Smoke. The main benefit being the shotgun is more utility than two impacts, the mac11 is the best weapon SAS is provided hands-down, and barb helps trap guys inside the AOE range of your cannisters.

As far as the team killing goes, if they do it once they most likely will continue. I'd do my reporting to Fairfight, grab my video footage of them when it is blatant, and leave the match. It appears they were a four stack and anything you did was not likely going to change their minds. Best not to waste your time or become anymore angry over it and just move on to the next game.

Try playing ranked more. You still run into assholes like this but they aren't as common as people tend to want to win games and not get temp banned from queueing for team killing. It has the added benefit of allowing you to pick your spawn point as well.

EDIT: It appears he is on PSN.

Thanks for the load out tips.

I'd appreciate any all advice when it comes to that.

As for casual v. Ranked, I always like to run a casual 1st, as a warm up. And that's what that was. My 1st game of the day.

I submitted a case to ubi, with both videos attached.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

people can be real big assholes. I've been TK'd for using a mic, and using it normally, not spamming. just calling out where I've seen people, if I kill someone I'll ID them, asking for backup. some people just wanna poo poo on your enjoyment. the worst is when you're put with a group, they just take turns TKing to avoid getting kicked. or when you're tryharding in a ranked match, and then a teammate gets tilted / salty for no reason and decides to start TKing when the game is neck and neck and either team can win. those ones really get me.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I might have missed it but I dont think this got posted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_UMwVzu0jw

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Yeah that looked like a fairly standard casual match to me
Those dudes are assholes and honestly thats the major gripe i have with siege. But really its a major gripe i have with any game with friendly fire because the internet is a loving cesspool that leaks into reality now.

SpazmasterX posted:

Maybe something with magnets?

Thank you for this.

tjones
May 13, 2005

The Bananana posted:

Thanks for the load out tips.

I'd appreciate any all advice when it comes to that.

As for casual v. Ranked, I always like to run a casual 1st, as a warm up. And that's what that was. My 1st game of the day.

I submitted a case to ubi, with both videos attached.

Don't mention it. I play on both the PC and XBOX and the console is a metric fuckton worse than the PC if you ignore the racist text chat. I'm assuming it has to do with Ubi not having full control of the user-base the way they do uplay accounts (I've never heard of Fairfight reporting having any affect on the XBOX, for what its worth).

You can set your matchmaking settings in the options to limit what types of T-Hunt games you play. Disabling the protect hostage mode will allow you to queue into attack only matches. It's a great way to get a few quick games in to warm up your aim. There are still griefers in T-Hunt, but the games are quick and you can instantly re-queue to quickly get into another one without wasting too much time.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Really digging the new meta except the Blitz buff.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

the Buff Blitz is wild lmao, can't wait to flash scrubs going Mach 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

I can't wait to sprint at stuff but still be unable to flash anyone because they are >2 meters away, and I'll get killed from leg or side shots first.

I remain skeptical that it will be game defining, but I could easily be wrong. We will have to wait and see.

Captainicus fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Feb 20, 2018