Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Well, I got my $69.99 Razer Store credit.

Which I can spend on...???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koskun
Apr 20, 2004
I worship the ground NinjaPablo walks on

Deviant posted:

Well, I got my $69.99 Razer Store credit.

Which I can spend on...???

Maybe one of their mouse mats? (I don't know if they are any better than their other products, just trying to help here)

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Koskun posted:

Maybe one of their mouse mats? (I don't know if they are any better than their other products, just trying to help here)

Already got a Steelseries XXL and a Razer Overwatch Goliathus as my backup. :(

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

I know this is just giving them more money with the same service issues, but I've always wanted to try an orbweaver, personally.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

headcase posted:

I know this is just giving them more money with the same service issues, but I've always wanted to try an orbweaver, personally.

I was leaning that direction, I'm just loathe to reinstall synapse. But I'm really just whining at this point, so whatever.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Deviant posted:

I was leaning that direction, I'm just loathe to reinstall synapse. But I'm really just whining at this point, so whatever.

Some of their products aren't bad, maybe you can find one of those and sell it to someone else.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
I updated LGS and now it asks me to update my G102 every time I boot my PC and I can't access the DPI levels. Is there a way of turning this off? I don't want to update mouse firmwares.

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

Hi guys, my Razer DA for lefties scrollwheel broke after about a year. I decided to 'repair' it myself but while trying to I also damaged some wires connected to both main buttons..

Now I've decided to never get a Razer again I am thinking of getting the Steelseries Sensei 310 or a Zowie ZA. I am mostly a lefthanded palm user and I don't care much about fancy lights and stuff, I do prefer some thumb buttons.

It's hard getting a good lefthanded (unambiguous is fine if it has thumb buttons on the right side, gently caress you Steelseries with your 'unambiguous Rival600) mouse for some serious first person shooting (i am beyond bad but I like decent gear). Anyone using these mice or does anyone can advice me on a third alternative? (The G900 is crazy expensive over here)

Thanks in advance!

Pteretis
Nov 4, 2011

My dad has asked for a wireless mouse as a gift and I was wondering which would be the best one to go for. I've been looking at either the Logitech MX Master 2S or Logitech M720 Triathlon, but reading through the thread it seems like Logitech doesn't have the greatest reputation.

It would be for office style use and preferably wouldn't be covered in lights or an overwhelming number of buttons. High expected lifetime would be a big plus.

Edit: I'm in the UK in case that makes a difference.

Pteretis fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Feb 19, 2018

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?
Logitech mice have a good reputation, and forums poster Goo is reminding people to take actual hardware issues to customer support so they get corrected within warranty like a good friend. Also you gotta keep in mind most people who post issues are doing so out of ‘hey what can I do?’ You more rarely hear the people coming back after multiple years of use just checking in to say it still works.

I’ve only owned Logitech mice lately. If you want a bulky wireless, I’d throw the 602 in for consideration. Cheaper than the MX 2S, missing the side scroll whee but has six thumb buttons. I bound two to scroll left & right. So far that has kept me from buying a MX 2S for now. I dunno a good portable wireless, but don’t cross Logitech out they are very reliable.

onesixtwo fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Feb 19, 2018

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
I agree with 162. I currently have 7 Logitech mice in my possession across various computers and set-ups. Some are .... old to say the least. They just work.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

headcase posted:

I like my Orbweaver, it's a step up from their previous model (Tartarus I think?). I'm not much of a gamer but I've used it with Diablo 3 and Witcher 3, I use it for a lot of other software, anything that requires lots of hotkeys.

I was looking to get a new mouse, and I was wondering what the real difference is between the Razer Deathadder and the Mamba. I was planning on sticking with Razer since I'm comfortable using Synapse- wasn't a fan of it originally, but now that I'm using it across several setups, I'm not too bothered by it. I had some Logitech mice years and years ago and wasn't too impressed, but I was also looking at the Logitech G pro gaming mouse. What's the software like for binding keys to the mouse buttons?

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer

Ptarmigans posted:

My dad has asked for a wireless mouse as a gift and I was wondering which would be the best one to go for. I've been looking at either the Logitech MX Master 2S or Logitech M720 Triathlon, but reading through the thread it seems like Logitech doesn't have the greatest reputation.

Anecdotally, I have two G502s, one for each work and home, and they are nearing 4 years old without issue besides the cables just now becoming a little frayed up.

Less anecdotally, when I used to do more hardware testing, Logitech mice were consistently among the most well built and durable mice we would run through. Cheap mice are cheap. Razer and Steelseries ended up on the same platform of 'eh / 10'. Zowie seemed to end up maybe a notch above Steelseries, but we never really had enough on the floor to get good numbers. Logitech ended up ruling them all by a long shot, generally with cable failure being cited as the primary issue after 4 - 6 years as opposed to mechanical failure in the mice themselves claiming their useful life.

Traditionally, Logitech's support is also quite good, although there are some reports in this here thread that that is slipping.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Ptarmigans posted:

It would be for office style use and preferably wouldn't be covered in lights or an overwhelming number of buttons. High expected lifetime would be a big plus.

Edit: I'm in the UK in case that makes a difference.

I haven't tried the M720 but I got the MX Master to see if I liked it for general use and found a lot of things I found weird about it. I was considering one as a gift to my father but when he tried mine he didn't like all the buttons and the oddly placed gesture function button. The side to side scrollbar is also a little odd. I think I posted more about it earlier in the thread. Anyway, I'd look at the Performance MX or maybe give the M720 a shot. The MX Master seems like it's the kind of mouse that if you get used to the features it has then you better buy 5 more because one day they'll stop making it and you won't be able to find them again short of ebay scalpers.

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

onesixtwo posted:

Logitech mice have a good reputation, and forums poster Goo is reminding people to take actual hardware issues to customer support so they get corrected within warranty like a good friend. Also you gotta keep in mind most people who post issues are doing so out of ‘hey what can I do?’ You more rarely hear the people coming back after multiple years of use just checking in to say it still works.

I’ve only owned Logitech mice lately. If you want a bulky wireless, I’d throw the 602 in for consideration. Cheaper than the MX 2S, missing the side scroll whee but has six thumb buttons. I bound two to scroll left & right. So far that has kept me from buying a MX 2S for now. I dunno a good portable wireless, but don’t cross Logitech out they are very reliable.

Absolutely. I've been loyal to Logitech for like 15 years except for this period a couple years ago where it seemed like they were going the heavy wireless hybrid route without focusing on great sensors or things that gamers actually want. They are very customer focused and also care a lot about product design.

Mistikman
Jan 21, 2001

I was born ready. I'm Ron Fucking Swanson.
All I want from Logitech is to take the G700s, update the internals and release it at a reasonable price. I have never had a mouse feel more perfect to me, but after 5 or so years, the sensor is performing like poo poo and it won't hold a charge for poo poo. I could replace it with another new G700s but that would be north of $200 for what is a very out of date mouse technologically.

I just wish more mice were made for people like me. I want a nice ergonomic shape that fits my monster hands, 4+ thumb buttons, nice tracking but I will never be good enough again at games to notice the difference between a mouse with 2000 dpi and 20k dpi.

Also heavy, I like heavy.

I just ordered myself a G602, it looks like the closest thing to what I had on the market, I hope it works out for me.

I just don't understand why all the best mice on the market have exactly 2 thumb buttons, no more.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
I don’t understand why the G602 is completely unavailable in my part of the world.

Pteretis
Nov 4, 2011

Cool, thank you for all the responses! Clearly I had got the wrong end of the stick. The M720 looks very promising.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Canine Blues Arooo posted:

Cheap mice are cheap.

I've had a microsoft intellimouse since 2003 that won't loving die. I'd really like to get a G502 once this thing finally dies, someday. Same with my keyboard, some $20 microsoft shitter from 2003 that still works just fine so I can't be bothered to replace it with a nice mechanical one.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
Hey Goo, I have a question if you happen to see this. Does Logitech sell de-serialized refurbished products? I ask because I bought a G502 Core "Manufacturer refurbished" listing off a well-rated ebay merchant, and I looked online to make sure Logitech does sell refurbed products. However, the mouse they shipped me is not what I would describe as refurbished but used (and abused), and it has the serial tag cut. I'm pretty sure I should report the seller to ebay but I just want to make sure that I'm not loving over someone legitimate. I put in a support ticket but it seems like it won't get answered before my options expire on ebay so I figured I'd ask you.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse
Anybody have a recommendation for a hard mouse pad?

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Listerine posted:

Oh hey you just made me remember I have an original Ratpadz(tm). (You don't want it, it is like 3/8" thick)

Winks
Feb 16, 2009

Alright, who let Rube Goldberg in here?
I have a g700s that has a dead spot on the scroll wheel and the right button switch is failing. Does anyone know of a mouse with a similar shape and preferably 4 buttons on the side? I guess I could live with 2 though. I was excited to see a g703, but it looks like a g403, but wireless, which is disappointing.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
If you feel like voiding your warranty to stem the tide for just a little bit longer (assuming it hasn't already expired) giving the mouse wheel a clean can bring it back to life. Fuzz builds up in the ratchet mechanism, and can cause a dead spot.

The right microswitch, though, that's a solder job, and usually the harbinger of Disconnect, Reconnectitis.

Mistikman
Jan 21, 2001

I was born ready. I'm Ron Fucking Swanson.

Winks posted:

I have a g700s that has a dead spot on the scroll wheel and the right button switch is failing. Does anyone know of a mouse with a similar shape and preferably 4 buttons on the side? I guess I could live with 2 though. I was excited to see a g703, but it looks like a g403, but wireless, which is disappointing.

I just tried out the G602, which theoretically should be the successor of the G700s based on features and layout, but despite the mouse being less than 2 feet from the receiver with full line of sight, the mouse was constantly losing connection to the computer for brief moments, leading to constant stutters. I know it was losing connection, because when I was in the gaming software, it would randomly refresh the page to the default mouse page, instead of the page where I could rebind the keys, and sometimes I would get a brief dialog box saying to reconnect my mouse. It could have been basically perfect.

Instead, I am returning it and getting a G502 Proteus Spectrum, which is widely hailed as the modern best gaming mouse from Logitech, and it has 3 thumb buttons. The only drawback is that it's wired.

I don't know how Logitech hosed up wireless mice with the G602, they were always better than anyone else. I had a wireless mouse that always had a perfect connection and a charge that last 6+ months on 2 AAs, but now with a gaming wireless mouse it can't keep contact through the most beneficial of situations. I have seen a lot of reviews complaining about the exact same problem, so if I did have a defective one, it's a regular problem and a LOT of the G602s are defective in the same way.

Logitech *really* needs to take the shape and button layout of the G700s, release an updated version with a better battery, better sensor, and otherwise no real changes. For someone like me, it was the perfect mouse.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I don’t think that’s typical - never had any issues with my G602 and the receiver was on the back of my PC case which is down on the floor.

Pity it died and is NLA (at least in my country), in some ways I still prefer to the MX Master that replaced it.

JLaw
Feb 10, 2008

- harmless -

Listerine posted:

I've gotten 5 years and counting of good performance from a SteelSeries QcK. I dunno that's probably not the hotness these days though.

e: Oops that's the name of my flexible mousepads. The hard one is also SteelSeries but I'll have to look up its name.

e2: "SteelSeries S&S" ... hm. good luck finding one.

JLaw fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Feb 24, 2018

Goo
Aug 30, 2002

Hello Drippy

K8.0 posted:

Hey Goo, I have a question if you happen to see this. Does Logitech sell de-serialized refurbished products? I ask because I bought a G502 Core "Manufacturer refurbished" listing off a well-rated ebay merchant, and I looked online to make sure Logitech does sell refurbed products. However, the mouse they shipped me is not what I would describe as refurbished but used (and abused), and it has the serial tag cut. I'm pretty sure I should report the seller to ebay but I just want to make sure that I'm not loving over someone legitimate. I put in a support ticket but it seems like it won't get answered before my options expire on ebay so I figured I'd ask you.

From what I'be been told we have a limited number of products we sell in the US as refurbished. None of them are sold on ebay.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Johnny Law posted:

I've gotten 5 years and counting of good performance from a SteelSeries QcK. I dunno that's probably not the hotness these days though.

e: Oops that's the name of my flexible mousepads. The hard one is also SteelSeries but I'll have to look up its name.

e2: "SteelSeries S&S" ... hm. good luck finding one.
Dang, they don't make their other mousepads anymore? I have a plastic pad I use because cloth pads inevitably drive me nuts and need to be repaired or replaced every year or three. Plus, having to wash them with dish soap and water every few weeks is annoying as hell.

S&S wears out and becomes flat and reflective over time, like most hard pads. The only hard pad that never wore out on me was the icemat v2, but it's a weird surface friction wise and has other problems like "collects dead skin at such a rate that you'll wash it 3+ times per week" and "is loud as hell even with teflon over your mouse feet" and "awkward in cold weather like aluminum pads". Aluminum pads have great surfaces but wear out ridiculously fast so aren't worth it. They're also loud.

I really love really low friction, really smooth, really fast mousepads. I haven't tried the new hybrid pads and am just sticking with a kinda thick plastic pad I've had for a while. Plastic is the lowest amount of maintenance overall, I just give it a quick wipedown during my weekly desk cleaning and it's good to go. I guess if you're a slob you can use a cloth pad for months/years without cleaning it provided your mouse continues to track and in that case they're cool until they fray.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Feb 24, 2018

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Khorne posted:

Dang, they don't make their other mousepads anymore? I have a plastic pad I use because cloth pads inevitably drive me nuts and need to be repaired or replaced every year or three. Plus, having to wash them with dish soap and water every few weeks is annoying as hell.

S&S wears out and becomes flat and reflective over time, like most hard pads. The only hard pad that never wore out on me was the icemat v2, but it's a weird surface friction wise and has other problems like "collects dead skin at such a rate that you'll wash it 3+ times per week" and "is loud as hell even with teflon over your mouse feet" and "awkward in cold weather like aluminum pads". Aluminum pads have great surfaces but wear out ridiculously fast so aren't worth it. They're also loud.

I really love really low friction, really smooth, really fast mousepads. I haven't tried the new hybrid pads and am just sticking with a kinda thick plastic pad I've had for a while. Plastic is the lowest amount of maintenance overall, I just give it a quick wipedown during my weekly desk cleaning and it's good to go. I guess if you're a slob you can use a cloth pad for months/years without cleaning it provided your mouse continues to track and in that case they're cool until they fray.

I can't hear my aluminum mousepad over my cherry mx green switches but I agree it does make some swooshy noise when you move the mouse around. I got a 12"x24"x1/8" sheet of clear anodized 5005 aluminum in November 2015 and haven't noticed any wear on it yet besides maybe being a little smoother. It's very DIY though.

I was using a ratpadz before and just like the everglide attack pads I had before they work well until you wear the middle flat.

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007

Mistikman posted:

I just tried out the G602, which theoretically should be the successor of the G700s based on features and layout, but despite the mouse being less than 2 feet from the receiver with full line of sight, the mouse was constantly losing connection to the computer for brief moments, leading to constant stutters. I know it was losing connection, because when I was in the gaming software, it would randomly refresh the page to the default mouse page, instead of the page where I could rebind the keys, and sometimes I would get a brief dialog box saying to reconnect my mouse. It could have been basically perfect.

Instead, I am returning it and getting a G502 Proteus Spectrum, which is widely hailed as the modern best gaming mouse from Logitech, and it has 3 thumb buttons. The only drawback is that it's wired.

I don't know how Logitech hosed up wireless mice with the G602, they were always better than anyone else. I had a wireless mouse that always had a perfect connection and a charge that last 6+ months on 2 AAs, but now with a gaming wireless mouse it can't keep contact through the most beneficial of situations. I have seen a lot of reviews complaining about the exact same problem, so if I did have a defective one, it's a regular problem and a LOT of the G602s are defective in the same way.

Logitech *really* needs to take the shape and button layout of the G700s, release an updated version with a better battery, better sensor, and otherwise no real changes. For someone like me, it was the perfect mouse.
If you're close to a Microcenter, I recently got a G700s refurb that was pretty much in brand new condition for fifty bucks.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
I have a mouse with the avago 3320. Does the 3310 / 3320 track on silicon pads? For example, the razer megasoma 2 seems extremely my poo poo. The dex supposedly has more compatible tracking, but it's 1" less wide which matters a bit. Silicon pads also supposedly have trouble with older IR LED mice in general from what I've heard? But there's no one talking about this stuff. Does anyone here know anything about this? Google is being a big jerk.

Second question that hinges on the answer to the first, are there any mice with a shape like the Xornet or Xornet II but with the 3360/3366 sensor?

Khorne fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Feb 26, 2018

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I'm finding two different product numbers for the Logitech G603 in online stores, 910-005102 and 910-005101. The latter is listed as the mouse's product number on Logitech's website. Is there a difference between the two products?

orcane fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Feb 27, 2018

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
https://www.logitechg.com/fi-fi/product/g603-lightspeed-wireless-gaming-mouse

Former appears to be a Euro variant.

Winks
Feb 16, 2009

Alright, who let Rube Goldberg in here?

SwissArmyDruid posted:

If you feel like voiding your warranty to stem the tide for just a little bit longer (assuming it hasn't already expired) giving the mouse wheel a clean can bring it back to life. Fuzz builds up in the ratchet mechanism, and can cause a dead spot.
Oh yeah, it's way expired at this point. I took it apart and cleaned it when the dead zone first appeared and it didn't solve it.

Ended up going with a g403, after debating between it and the deathadder. The side button placement and shape of the g403 was the ultimate decider, though my past experience with razer products contributed. I did kind of like the grippy material on the deathadder though.

The deathadder and the g403 were the only mice that felt close to the g700s that I could get my hands on. I'm getting a family member to pick up a refurb one at a microcenter near them for work though. I've gotten way used to the 4 buttons. I suppose I can live with 2 for gaming and just normal home computer stuff. I played a game of overwatch FFA and hooked Seoul Bunny over and over and over, so I think this mouse will do just fine.

Winks fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Mar 3, 2018

Careful Drums
Oct 30, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Any recommendations for a mouse/keyboard mat? I just bought the cheapest one on amazon that was the width/height I wanted. Not for gaming, just office work.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073WWWNR6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

Microsoft Surface Precision Mouse - beware QC issues. I had my first one's sensor have problems with spazing out. A replacement didn't have the same issue, but then the replacement's scroll wheel became defective after a few weeks. I took it to the Microsoft store and paid the difference for a Logitech G903. It's a shame because the Microsoft Surface Precision was otherwise pretty good and I loved being able to switch between three computers with the press of a button. If they make it more reliable it could be a good productivity mouse. I know a sample size of two is not indicative of a bad product in general, but two bad mice out of two is enough for me to avoid.

Animal fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Mar 5, 2018

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

The MX Master allows switching between systems too - I'm using them both at home and work and wouldn't use anything else.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Khorne posted:

I have a mouse with the avago 3320. Does the 3310 / 3320 track on silicon pads? For example, the razer megasoma 2 seems extremely my poo poo. The dex supposedly has more compatible tracking, but it's 1" less wide which matters a bit. Silicon pads also supposedly have trouble with older IR LED mice in general from what I've heard? But there's no one talking about this stuff. Does anyone here know anything about this? Google is being a big jerk.

Second question that hinges on the answer to the first, are there any mice with a shape like the Xornet or Xornet II but with the 3360/3366 sensor?
In case anyone is wondering, the Dex and other silicon pads are really great. They're like a cloth pad with none of the garbage parts of cloth and a hard pad without any of the garbage parts of hard pads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
How is the G102/G300s/G302? The middle click on my G402 only works about half the time and I've got phantom left clicks (though this has died down since I've cleaned it). All I want from my mouse is two thumb buttons, a reliable middle click button and a good sensor. The MX518/G5 is my ideal mouse shape

I'm in India and my budget is a little limited (~50USD) which is just enough for another G402 :v:

Dodoman fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Mar 7, 2018