Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
If I murder dudes with no witnesses, does it eventually impact my relationships with people in that area? Do the guards have telepathic powers and know your every deed? I feel like killing a few peasants and selling their poo poo to a fence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orikaeshigitae
Apr 28, 2006

never kiss a gun street girl again

precision posted:

I found the guy who teaches Alchemy, where do you get the recipe for Save Liquor?

You start with it.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

School Nickname posted:

If I murder dudes with no witnesses, does it eventually impact my relationships with people in that area? Do the guards have telepathic powers and know your every deed? I feel like killing a few peasants and selling their poo poo to a fence.

Yes. Basically the way the game looks at rep is, well there's a corpse in the town and uh this new guy showed up yesterday I wonder who could be the murderer. Outsiders get looked at first when somebody is dead.

Now if you can kill somebody and dump their body far enough out of the town that nobody will find it, I couldn't say. I have killed a guard in broad daylight on Rattay's main thoroughfare and aside from one other guard who chased me and who I also killed in a nearby alley the AI went WHO COULD HAVE DONE THIS AAAAAAAA.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

precision posted:

I found the guy who teaches Alchemy, where do you get the recipe for Save Liquor?

You should have it by default, although you won't be able to 100% read it until you can read. All your recipes are kept in a book next to the alchemy station, which can be accessed by using the station and turning all the way to the right.

Spoilers for the recipie

Pour in wine, throw in one handful of Nettle, boil for two turns. grind up two handfuls of Belladona, put in, boil for one turn, bottle

I tried getting fancy once and seeing if your one allowed mistake could be applied to using one less handful of a material but it didn't work.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I tried getting fancy once and seeing if your one allowed mistake could be applied to using one less handful of a material but it didn't work.

I saw a guy claiming that if you take the perk that allows an additional mistake, you can just throw the belladonna and the nettles into the wine and decant and you're done.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Party Plane Jones posted:

Now if you can kill somebody and dump their body far enough out of the town that nobody will find it, I couldn't say. I have killed a guard in broad daylight on Rattay's main thoroughfare and aside from one other guard who chased me and who I also killed in a nearby alley the AI went WHO COULD HAVE DONE THIS AAAAAAAA.

I was looting the bottom floor of one of the Talmberg guard towers when I guess I woke up a guard that came down to investigate. I managed to slip behind him and coup de grace him immediately, but while I was looting him another guard came down and started punching me in the back of the head. So ok, I've had enough, I draw steel and run him through. Just as I'm sheathing the sword, Sir Robard comes down the ladder and loudly exclaims "A BODY?" and I was just like, 'Yeah that's weird huh, I'll just leave you to it' and climbed up the ladder without repercussion.

Meanwhile a week later a pitched battle with five Rattay guards in a secluded back room with zero living witnesses somehow netted me a 10 day jail sentence.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Captain Mediocre posted:

How did you find that guy again afterwards?

He walks from town to the river and back but he can be hard to find. If you keep helping out the executioner eventually everyone is Rattay comes to see one and you can find him easy that way.

Also when your unarmed gets boosted that high your warfare also shoots up massively too so be aware if you don't want to become overpowered really fast.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Pwnstar posted:

So theres a quest where you have to give out some jobs to Skalitz people and pick the right people for the right jobs. Be aware that if you don't get the sword piece from one guy you can't complete a sidequest later. Also one guy offers to give you unarmed training if you give him a job. He doesn't give you one rank in it, he boost you up to loving 20.

How exactly do you start this quest?

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

The jobs quest comes from the bailiff in Ratay, the sword quest comes from the swordsmith in Sasau

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I saw a guy claiming that if you take the perk that allows an additional mistake, you can just throw the belladonna and the nettles into the wine and decant and you're done.

Wow. Just tested this and yep it works just like that. You don't even need to get the order right. Just put in the wine then the 1 nettle and 2 belladonna in whatever order and then just phial it up.

That means without the perk you can probably just mortar and pestle the belladonna and ignore the fire.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Who's cooking all these pots of free stew? :tinfoil:

Also why do some Innkeepers go to bed and leave their inns completely unattended and unlocked. TAKE MY MONEY rear end in a top hat

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

precision posted:

Also why do some Innkeepers go to bed and leave their inns completely unattended and unlocked. TAKE MY MONEY rear end in a top hat

Also why are bathhouses always closed at night

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

The lighting in this game really is amazing:

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

precision posted:

"You can sleep here if you want but we reserve Magical Save Beds™ for paying customers"

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

This is what you get. For falling in Love

I’ve let about 2 weeks go by in game and haven’t bathed yet. Will I get a buff letting me know that Henry smells like a dirty arsehole?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

I’ve let about 2 weeks go by in game and haven’t bathed yet. Will I get a buff letting me know that Henry smells like a dirty arsehole?

Your charisma will go into the red and once you get low enough shopkeepers will start telling you how much you reek.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

PSA, if you run into Faint Hearted Knight, use the "Duel for what?" dialogue and challenge him for his sword. It's 11 str, but very good. I also beat him for his shirt, which seems mostly pointless and forgot to duel him for his coin the last time I ran in to him. Does his story go anywhere? I've heard people just keep KOing him afterwards to steal his armor every time.

This annoys the hell out of me, also the Innkeepers don't let you rent a room or something when it's too late.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Mondian posted:

I was looting the bottom floor of one of the Talmberg guard towers when I guess I woke up a guard that came down to investigate. I managed to slip behind him and coup de grace him immediately, but while I was looting him another guard came down and started punching me in the back of the head. So ok, I've had enough, I draw steel and run him through. Just as I'm sheathing the sword, Sir Robard comes down the ladder and loudly exclaims "A BODY?" and I was just like, 'Yeah that's weird huh, I'll just leave you to it' and climbed up the ladder without repercussion.

Meanwhile a week later a pitched battle with five Rattay guards in a secluded back room with zero living witnesses somehow netted me a 10 day jail sentence.

I think how it works is if you're alone with your victims, and your victims know you are attacking them, then you'll still get a rep hit, even if you murder them all afterwards. But if you stealth KILL someone (not knock out, not sure if knock out then kill afterwards works), then that is the only way not to take a rep hit.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

VulgarandStupid posted:

PSA, if you run into Faint Hearted Knight, use the "Duel for what?" dialogue and challenge him for his sword. It's 11 str, but very good. I also beat him for his shirt, which seems mostly pointless and forgot to duel him for his coin the last time I ran in to him. Does his story go anywhere? I've heard people just keep KOing him afterwards to steal his armor every time.

I've actually murdered him about 10 times at this point. Guess his mother keeps popping out more Sir Olbrams in hope that at least one will become a great knight.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
I'm a fair ways into the game, but one thing still confuses me. I've read that if I eat from peoples cooking pots too often, it lowers their respect for me, so I'm supposed to add to the pot. However when I try to do that all I'm allowed to add is potions. I can't seem to find a way to add uncooked meat or cooked meat. Am I doing something wrong?

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

If you're seriously saying "game mustn't be buggy because I personally haven't experienced a bug" you should probably stop. Maybe offer a prayer of thanks or buy a lottery ticket. My favourite trivial bug so far was stealth killing a sleeping guy, getting discovered and having to running away and fight the pursuers for a few minutes. Then I came back, went to loot the dead guy and found another dude sleeping on the body.

Futuresight posted:

Wow. Just tested this and yep it works just like that. You don't even need to get the order right. Just put in the wine then the 1 nettle and 2 belladonna in whatever order and then just phial it up.

That means without the perk you can probably just mortar and pestle the belladonna and ignore the fire.

Without the perk, I hosed up making nighthawk and added the cave mushroom to the still boiling mix, everything's fine. :thumbsup:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Kingdom Come: Play, m'lord?

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

Does anyone have a problem with this game where every time you run it, your system brightness incrementally increases?

After about five sessions, I have to restart my computer because everything is washed out as gently caress.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
No, but I wonder why they decided to have getting drunk make the graphics look sharper

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
Tested it some more and Trial and Error perk seems to turn every potion into pour in liquid, put all ingredients into pot, decant into phial. Even one with a boil step, a mortar step, and a distil step let me just ignore all of those. Makes getting to 10 a lot more pleasant. And of course at 10 you get the repetition one and you can just churn out potions. All you do is look at the book, hold f and out pops a potion. I was able to get a rhythm where I was popping out a potion every 2-3 seconds.

SeaWolf
Mar 7, 2008
I've only had a few cutscene bugs, certainly not game breakers, but the most hilarious was with Hans in the bathhouse sitting in the wrong side of the tub and telling me to get in with him... I mean it was awkward enough he wants me to bathe with him, but he really wants me to sit on his lap and see what pops up...

Only game play bug is the archers in the archery contest sometimes won't do anything so even if i bullseye every shot I still lose since the only way to end it is to be DQ'd and lose my wager.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

I can't remember the name of the perk, but I highly recommend the one where your energy and nutrition does not drop if you are standing still. It seems useless until you consider that it applies to sleeping and waiting as well. You basically lose the need to eat outside of traveling around the map.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I can't remember the name of the perk, but I highly recommend the one where your energy and nutrition does not drop if you are standing still. It seems useless until you consider that it applies to sleeping and waiting as well. You basically lose the need to eat outside of traveling around the map.

Considering going to the baths gets you a refill on energy/nutrition it's not that great, but it might be handy for the odorous among us.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I took Insomnia and it seems my Henry only has to sleep about once every 3 days. Energy doesn't even dip below 80 in a single day but I didn't do any fighting that day.

Even without any food related perks the frequency with which you have to eat is hilariously low. Like it's a complete non-issue. I still appreciate the verisimilitude.

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

Knobb Manwich posted:

If you're seriously saying "game mustn't be buggy because I personally haven't experienced a bug" you should probably stop. Maybe offer a prayer of thanks or buy a lottery ticket. My favourite trivial bug so far was stealth killing a sleeping guy, getting discovered and having to running away and fight the pursuers for a few minutes. Then I came back, went to loot the dead guy and found another dude sleeping on the body.

Without the perk, I hosed up making nighthawk and added the cave mushroom to the still boiling mix, everything's fine. :thumbsup:

Idk what you want to hear but I haven’t had any bugs/graphical glitches. I even went toward a bush and started hump jumping into it trying to get stuck. I’ve been murdering randoms and seeing if I get weird Criminal tags but nope. The only thing I’ve noticed which may have been related to a bug is getting horrible rep in Rattay after killing some wayfarers out in the woods where there was nobody else around. But I was also robbing the gently caress out of everything at the start. And I accidentally tried to pickpocket the sword merchant right to his face and got chased out of town, I was like over an hour from my last save so I just waited around for them to forget.

I wish I could loving change the pick pocket key+hold bind.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

The prevalent of cooking pots basically reduces the usefulness of food to the half second health butf you get from each one. I carry some dried food on my horse in case I screw up and start getting hungry when I cant get to a town, but other than that your food will rot before you eat it.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

SeaWolf posted:

I've only had a few cutscene bugs, certainly not game breakers, but the most hilarious was with Hans in the bathhouse sitting in the wrong side of the tub and telling me to get in with him... I mean it was awkward enough he wants me to bathe with him, but he really wants me to sit on his lap and see what pops up...

Only game play bug is the archers in the archery contest sometimes won't do anything so even if i bullseye every shot I still lose since the only way to end it is to be DQ'd and lose my wager.

Wait one hour and it'll autoresolve in your favor

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Party Plane Jones posted:

Create user.cfg in your main folder. Add r_BatchType 1 into user.cfg.

For some loving reason cryengine defaults to using your CPU utilization so doing this switches to prioritizing GPU.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GruK4j-Rr3c

I noticed someone said this didnt work for them, it needs to be

r_BatchType = 1

It dramatically improved and almost completely eliminated the game hitching up for me in towns/castles.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

DreamShipWrecked posted:

The prevalent of cooking pots basically reduces the usefulness of food to the half second health butf you get from each one. I carry some dried food on my horse in case I screw up and start getting hungry when I cant get to a town, but other than that your food will rot before you eat it.

Just carry wine or booze around to level up your drinking skills.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Don't dismiss the people in this thread talking about the bugs they're experiencing as "maybe watching streams or having bad computers". That's like walking into a GP's reception area, looking around and going, "hmm I feel fine, maybe these people have been watching too much House"

Futuresight posted:

Just testing now and without the perk I can just throw wine, one nettle and two belladonna into a cauldron, put it in a phial and I have saviour schnapps. :stare:

e: same with bowman's brew. Just put ingredients straight in pot, put in phial, all good.

Eediot Jedi fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Feb 19, 2018

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

Knobb Manwich posted:

Don't dismiss the people in this thread talking about the bugs they're experiencing as "maybe watching streams or having bad computers". That's like walking into a GP's reception area, looking around and going, "hmm I feel fine, maybe these people have been watching too much House"

Just testing now and without the perk I can just throw wine, one nettle and two belladonna into a cauldron, put it in a phial and I have saviour schnapps. :stare:

I think if you re-read my statement about bugs you’ll see I’m more or less saying that if you have typical popular hardware from the last few years (my build is pretty ordinary) then you probably won’t have a buggy experience. I think steam right now is full of a bunch of morons and autists like you flipping out because their 10 yr old amazing cpu with sandybridge for SOME reason wasn’t tested and GAMES BRKED.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Knobb Manwich posted:

e: same with bowman's brew. Just put ingredients straight in pot, put in phial, all good.

Does following the recipe get you more output? I feel like it does, but I haven't tested.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

hakimashou posted:

I noticed someone said this didnt work for them, it needs to be

r_BatchType = 1

It dramatically improved and almost completely eliminated the game hitching up for me in towns/castles.

Is this just for 1080s or all video cards?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Pylons posted:

Does following the recipe get you more output? I feel like it does, but I haven't tested.

No, it's still the standard. Really you only cook until you can get the autobrew perk, which upgrades to 3 for the price of one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

I think if you re-read my statement about bugs you’ll see I’m more or less saying that if you have typical popular hardware from the last few years (my build is pretty ordinary) then you probably won’t have a buggy experience. I think steam right now is full of a bunch of morons and autists like you flipping out because their 10 yr old amazing cpu with sandybridge for SOME reason wasn’t tested and GAMES BRKED.