Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JesterOfAmerica
Sep 11, 2015
1)B
3)A
4)A
5)A
6)B
7)B

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinjaPete
Nov 14, 2004

Hail to the speaker,
Hail to the knower,
Joy to him who has understood,
Delight to those who have listened.

- Hávamál
24 hour notice

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

1 D - keep it as a decoy and get a new one
2 no opinion
3 A
4 A
5 A
6 no opinion
7 A

MinutePirateBug
Mar 4, 2013
2. Bring a drone, a key chain attached swiss army knife, some kind of gloves, some mace, a replacement phone, a rite in the rain all-weather pocket field journal, two pencils, and a small voice recorder

MinutePirateBug fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Feb 19, 2018

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters

MinutePirateBug posted:

2. Bring a drone, a key chain attached swiss army knife, some kind of gloves, some mace, a replacement phone, a rite in the rain all-weather pocket field journal, two pencils, and a small voice recorder

This seems like a good god resistance kit

NinjaPete
Nov 14, 2004

Hail to the speaker,
Hail to the knower,

- Hávamál

Onyx John can wait. He may have information, but dealing with him is tricky and you don’t have time for that right now. Instead you spend a few more minutes on the laptop, replying to Ruin with a time for a meet, and carefully wording a request for Tone. When you have put it off as long as you think is reasonable, you get up and go to the front desk to ask for the phone. Hopefully Alex has not changed her cell number. As it rings you glance around the library, it is the middle of the day and though ther are some old timers here, it’s pretty much just you and the librarian. Still, you decide to watch what you’re saying over the phone.

Eventually she picks up. “Hurli.” she says warily.

“Hey, it’s Maybe.”

There is a slight pause as she registers that. “Christ Mabin, what number is this?”

“Library, I lost my phone--”

“..again. How am I not surprised,” you cannot see her, but you hear a slight smile in her voice. “What do you need?”

“What makes you think I need something.”

“We haven’t talked in weeks, today isn’t any special anniversary and you’re about a week early for Valentine’s Day. You’re not one for spontaneous chats.”

“Alright, I need a favor,” you pause to allow Alex her victory “Ah Ha!”. “But it’s just information.”

“It never is just information with you. What do you need Pillager?”

“I’m wondering if you can talk to any of your old counterparts across the River.”

There is a longer pause at this. “About what?”

“Rumors. Complaints about squaddies acting strange or weirdos impersonating cops.”

“How strange is strange?”

“Oh, you know me Alex.”

1. How much does Alex know?
A. You are a normal Millennial who likes to investigate weird things in her off time. For fun.
B. There are some strange supernatural things in this world. You know about them, so does Alex. But hey, you’re both completely normal humans right?
C. You are not a completely normal human. You have strange powers, Alex thinks of you as basically a wizard out of some Urban Fantasy novel. She knows you walk in a shadow world that she cannot be part of
D. You told her you are the renegade biomechanical spawn of an uncaring machine demiurge that controls the universe as she knows it. She..did not take it well. But she stayed sane.

“I’ll ask around. I might have heard something like that, but it’ll take time to dig up any actual information. I burned a lot a bridges, even in St. Paul when I left you know.”

“I know. Thank you.”

“We haven’t talked about my payment.”

“Payment?”

“Yeah, you don’t get girlfriend freebies anymore.”

“Yeah, yeah no I get that. Listen, I’m a little short on cash--”

“Don’t worry about that. You free tonight?”

“...Yes?”

“Good, Chatterbox at 7 work?”

“Uh...yes?”

“I’ll bring any info I can get then.” she hangs up.

You listen to the buzzing tone for a moment before awkwardly setting down the handset. Then you go to look up a bus schedule for your lunch date.

“I thought you would love this place,” Ruin says after seeing your expression. “Neutral ground, good food, it’s a historic landmark.”

You were in Mickey’s Diner. A small cramped dining car, a genuine throwback to the 1930s, set in the middle of downtown St Paul. Mickey’s is well known for several reasons. It is on the registry of historic places and often makes an appearance in movies set in St. Paul. It’s 50 feet long, a chunk of that contains booths, one of which you are currently crammed into. You are not at Mickey’s for nostalgia, but because of its unique properties. Mickey’s was, at one time, Infrastructure. No one alive knows exactly what happened but somehow a group of Demons suborned the entire diner out of the God Machine’s grasp. As such there is some sort of angelic cover over the diner, a magic curtain that allows Unchained to talk a bit more freely, and meet with company that might otherwise cause a crack in a cover. The curtain wasn’t enough to allow anyone to wander around in their Demonic Form or anything, but it was nice to let your guard down. Rumor has it Mickey’s is protected by other means, some sort of Destroying Angel that still thinks it’s mission is to kill any trouble makers. As a result, folks are very pleasant in Mickey’s.

“Hey,” Ruin says, waving his hand in front of you. “Ink, you there?”

“Sorry,” you say. “Thinking about how my investigation seems to be very meal-centric right now.” You turn to the burger in front of you. “This place is fine. Mabin got peppersprayed outside of here in 2008. At least part of her did. Creates some odd reactions.”

“I believe it,” Ruin responds as he digs into a cheap backpack he brought with him. “Shall we get down to business?”

Ruin takes out another yellow legal pad. Again, you find his habit of keeping physical notes humorous if not a bit silly.

“The runes first? They are some form of Greek, different enough from modern Greek that we can’t understand it. It took me most of last night, but I was able to get, I think, some reasonable translation. It helped that the phrases were short, and seemed based on some ancient--I’ve lost you haven’t I?”

“Yes.”

“Sorry, spend a night with Tone and I turn scholar. Anyway, the runes are on the two ‘arms’, one of which is labeled, more or less, Input, and the other, Output.”

“That’s it?”

“Yes. I’d guess this is some sort of circuit or exchange. But, for what I don’t know without examining the Infrastructure itself.”

“Which might be tricky, it seems to be monitored.”

“Right,” Ruin nods. “But, if I can get close enough, even for a few minutes, to analyze it, I might find the Linchpin, or at least it’s function.”

“We’ll give it a shot. I want to figure out these Not-Cops first. What else do you got? How did last night go?”

“Well, Tone’s cover doesn't handle his liquor well. We spent a good chunk of the night trawling the bars and hitting up any contacts I had.”

“And?”

“Nothing. Everyone owned up to seeing the after effects of the Fall, but no one had any intel on the Angel itself, or any sightings of Loyalists beyond the initial recapture crew.”

“So, they must have scooped up the Fallen.”

“That’s what we were assuming, but then we got clued in on an informant. Little weasel of a Sigmatic that works for the Home Office. He said the rumor around the Office is that they grabbed the Fallen and have them stashed in a safehouse along Lake Calhoun.”

“Bde Maka Ska.”

“What?”

“Nothing. Did you get an address?”

“Yeah. We didn’t get a chance to scope it out because it was getting too late by then.” He writes something down on a piece of paper and rips it off his pad. “Now, before I give it to you, I need you to promise me you won’t do any sort of...solo rescue mission.”

“Yeah, sure.”

“I’m serious Ink. You’re strong and a quick study, but you’re new to the game, really. At least take Kind with you if you feel the need to go get shot.” he hands over the paper. You glance at it, memorizing the address, and tear up the paper.

The Bakken?” you ask. “That’s the safehouse?”

“Semi-infinite funds and Pacts sounds pretty fun.”

“What did this cost you? Was the informant lying?”

“He wanted what mortals always want, money and power.”

2. Should we keep on this Fallen?
A. Yes, we should investigate the safehouse, maybe stage a prison break.
B. No, it’s a distraction.
C. Something else.

“What about the message?”

“‘In the Heart of the Fire Holds the Key.”

“Yeah. I couldn’t find anything on it.”

“I found a few things. The Heart of the Fire is the name of a 1990 book about Celtic paganism. I’ve ordered a copy just to be safe, but I don’t know if we’ll find anything there. More interesting is this, “in the heart of the fire” translates to a word in Comorian. Moroni.”

“That sounds familiar.”

“It’s the capital island of the country, but more importantly, Moroni is the name of the Angel that Joseph Smith claimed gifted him some magic plates.”

“Wait, Joseph Smith...I get my dead white guys confused all the time. He’s the..Mormon guy?”

“Yep. Claimed an angel gifted him golden plates that detailed the Book of Mormon. Moroni was that angel. Supposedly after Smith was done with the plates he gave them back to Moroni who still guards them.”

“Wait, wait. Moroni that doesn’t sound like a real angelic designation.”

Ruin shrugs. “I am but the messenger. Anyway, there’s nothing saying Smith was really talking to a Trumpet. He might have just been normal crazy.”

“Still, it is an odd connection.”

Ruin checks his phone. “It is at that. Okay, need to get back to my cover’s routine.” he stands and counts out cash for the both of you. “Just, let me know what you’re planning. Infrastructure that close to the River is bad news, I know that much at least.” He rips of another piece of paper. “This is an address where you can find a contact of mine, he’s pretty cautious, but he’s spent at least one life on the River, so he can be a reference if we need it.”

You wait until fifteen minutes after Ruin has left, playing with your milkshake. Finally you reach down and pick up the blue backpack he left. You go into the cramped restroom of the diner and open the bag up. Inside you find a smartphone, a manilla envelope with detailed notes about Ruin’s rune translation, and a gun. You stck the evelope in your satchel along with your working gear, and power on the phone, setting it up and signing in. As you do so, you consider the gun. Ruin likes to make sure everyone is protected, even though you have never used a firearm before.

3. Do you take the gun?
A. Yes
B. No
C. Other option?

You dig through the trashcan and shove the backpack deep into it, covering it as best you can. After you do so, you get an alert on your new phone. It’s from Tone.

quote:

Art one of three pieces.

44.91579, -93.20418
44.91908, -93.2038

Artist local, based out of the California Building. Name is Aldo Moroni.

It was 1:00 pm.

4. What are our next moves? Vote for as many as you want. Mabin has an appointment at 3:30. We can miss it obviously, but it will be suspicious.
A. Investigate the Bakken
B. Investigate Moroni
C. Check out other sculptures
D. Go Back to Highland Park
E. Hunt down some Aether (Infrastructure or otherwise?)
F. Back Home
G. Something else.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Gear
  • drone
  • swiss army knife
  • gloves
  • mace
  • phone
  • field journal and pencils
  • voice recorder
  • data from Ruin
  • gun(?)

NinjaPete fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Feb 19, 2018

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

D A A C

Checking out the other sculptures seems like a good idea, it shouldn't take too long and it fits our cover fine.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
1. C- Mabin seems just nerdy enough, what with having an Games Night, to use Jim Butcher as a cover story for closer mortals. Urban fantasy sounds about right for an Ex

2. B- If they've been snapped up by a local power, or the Angels, then it's gone. Oh well

3. A- Of course. Not that it would likely help about the Not-Cop

4. C- Let's check out the other sculptures. Should be safe enough in daylight and we might learn something- or at least learn that they are a false lead without having to track down this Moroni guy in Cali

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Wait did we really manage to live in the United States of America for almost a century, especially back in the mid-20th, and never touch a gun? Or is it just that Mabin has never had one?

JesterOfAmerica
Sep 11, 2015
1.D
2.B
3.B
4.C

NinjaPete
Nov 14, 2004

Hail to the speaker,
Hail to the knower,

- Hávamál

Slaan posted:

track down this Moroni guy in Cali

I should specify, and will edit the post to be more clear, it's not California, it's the stupidly named California Building

NinjaPete
Nov 14, 2004

Hail to the speaker,
Hail to the knower,

- Hávamál

Crazycryodude posted:

Wait did we really manage to live in the United States of America for almost a century, especially back in the mid-20th, and never touch a gun? Or is it just that Mabin has never had one?
Mabin never has. And Ms. Ink has never bothered to learn how to use it beyond the basics, what with the fistfuls of razor claws.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Oh we totally need to learn how to shoot if we can fit it in. Mabin and Ink both aren't really combat characters, but when you're playing spy games with Literally God it's almost negligent not to know how to just in case.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

1 B

2 B

3 B Nah, we're good at slipping away. An illegal gun is as likely to cause trouble as to help. Besides, we have mace and claws.

4 C

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

It doesn't have to be illegal, Minnesota gun laws are hilariously loose. If we keep it at home there's no permit required whatsoever, and if we want to carry all it takes is filling out one form at the local sheriff's office and we're authorized to buy as many guns as we want and carry them wherever/whenever we want for 5 years. It's pretty scary, actually, but we might as well take advantage of it.

Now, you're basically guaranteed to get the permit if you're a white dude, but being a brown woman who regularly stirs up poo poo with the Powers That Be may get us denied. Even if we can't legally carry in public or buy more, though, there are zero laws preventing us from keeping the gun in our home/transporting it to the range to learn how to shoot. Walking around town strapped is probably a bad idea anyways, but Mabin/Ink really should just in general know how to shoot and have a gun stashed away just in case.

Moscow Rules: 10 - Keep your options open.

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Feb 19, 2018

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Crazycryodude posted:

It doesn't have to be illegal, Minnesota gun laws are hilariously loose. If we keep it at home there's no permit required whatsoever, and if we want to carry all it takes is filling out one form at the local sheriff's office and we're authorized to buy as many guns as we want and carry them wherever/whenever we want for 5 years. It's pretty scary, actually, but we might as well take advantage of it.

Now, you're basically guaranteed to get the permit if you're a white dude, but being a brown woman who regularly stirs up poo poo with the Powers That Be may get us denied. Even if we can't legally carry in public or buy more, though, there are zero laws preventing us from keeping the gun in our home/transporting it to the range to learn how to shoot. Walking around town strapped is probably a bad idea anyways, but Mabin/Ink really should know how to shoot and have a gun.

Moscow Rules: 10 - Keep your options open.

Oh, America, why you so crazy? In canada even the mace would be illegal. Probably the claws too, since they are concealed.

JesterOfAmerica
Sep 11, 2015
Oh poo poo I didn't know MN was that loose

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Does Like I Built It allow Mabin to be effective with firearms? If so at what cost?

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Facebook Aunt posted:

Oh, America, why you so crazy? In canada even the mace would be illegal. Probably the claws too, since they are concealed.

JesterOfAmerica posted:

Oh poo poo I didn't know MN was that loose

And Minnesota is stricter than ~30% of the country. There are 16 states where gun laws basically just don't exist, almost anybody not a felon can concealed carry a firearm in any public space, with zero permits/background checks/whatever.

Anyways, I don't want to poo poo up the thread with gun control chat, but the TL;DR is that guns are hilariously easy to buy/possess in the United States, and if we're gonna be playing spy games with God it makes sense to take advantage of that.

NinjaPete
Nov 14, 2004

Hail to the speaker,
Hail to the knower,

- Hávamál

malbogio posted:

Does Like I Built It allow Mabin to be effective with firearms? If so at what cost?

I'd say so. The Embed is free, we make a Wits+Crafts roll and we get a bonus equal to our Primum for the rest of the scene.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
How complicated does a machine need to be in order to stockpile Aether? How hard is it to get it back?

Dr Subterfuge fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Feb 19, 2018

NinjaPete
Nov 14, 2004

Hail to the speaker,
Hail to the knower,

- Hávamál

Dr Subterfuge posted:

How complicated does a machine need to be in order to stockpile Aether? How hard is it to get it back?

Simple electric machines. Think like a steam engine or punch card reader as the base. The more complex machine the more we can stick in it. But right now we're slow in retrieving it, as that is set by our Primum. Stockpiles are visible when a Demon "pings" via Aetheric Resonance. Also if they have Aether in it, they never run down.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Can Stockpiled Aether be retrieved by any demon?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

BABC

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

1) C. If we've used them as an asset before then they have to know something is up, revealing our true nature is pure liability.
2) B. I'm not in the mood to pick a fight with the Home Office.
3) A. Between Authorized and our Tempter powers we probably won't get in trouble for carrying.
4) C. The first sculpture had a clearly directed Input and Output. If the other sculptures are the similar then we are looking at a circuit. If we can determine directionality and endpoints then hopefully we can at least figure out the approximate direction of the lynchpin and target.

NinjaPete
Nov 14, 2004

Hail to the speaker,
Hail to the knower,

- Hávamál

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Can Stockpiled Aether be retrieved by any demon?

Yes.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

1 B Good balance between getting the information we need and keeping him at a distance.
2 B One thing at a time.
3 A Leave the cannoli.
4 C We figure out what the other sculptures are, we can figure out what the GM is planning,

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Well there goes my brilliant plan. Would have been cool to hide Aether in plain sight in like street clocks or some other thing that people would expect to always be running, but it rather defeats the purpose if it can be sniffed out and sniped. Alas.

NinjaPete
Nov 14, 2004

Hail to the speaker,
Hail to the knower,

- Hávamál

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Well there goes my brilliant plan. Would have been cool to hide Aether in plain sight in like street clocks or some other thing that people would expect to always be running, but it rather defeats the purpose if it can be sniffed out and sniped. Alas.

Still might be possible, Aetheric Resonance has limited radiuses dependant on your Primum.
You'd need a Primum of over 4 to be able to sense anything further than 50 yards away. So, as long as it's in an off the beaten path place, might be doable.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

malbogio posted:

1) C. If we've used them as an asset before then they have to know something is up, revealing our true nature is pure liability.
3) A. Between Authorized and our Tempter powers we probably won't get in trouble for carrying.
4) C. The first sculpture had a clearly directed Input and Output. If the other sculptures are the similar then we are looking at a circuit. If we can determine directionality and endpoints then hopefully we can at least figure out the approximate direction of the lynchpin and target.

All of these sound good to me.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
1b2a3a4cbef

I both desperately want to involve, and am scared to endanger, our favourite useful goths.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

malbogio posted:

I second this vote.

Also, i really love this game, I'm hooked on the background and story. Excellent stuff.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

malbogio posted:

+1 to this

MinutePirateBug
Mar 4, 2013

Crazycryodude posted:

D A A C

Checking out the other sculptures seems like a good idea, it shouldn't take too long and it fits our cover fine.

Voting for this. This sounds good.

NinjaPete
Nov 14, 2004

Hail to the speaker,
Hail to the knower,

- Hávamál
24ish hour notice.

The only thing that is kinda up in the air is how much we've told Alex. Right now, we're telling her we are Special, but not..you know...not human.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

1 C any more and things get unsustainably weird between us, any less and anyone trying to investigate us via her doesn't buy her story
2 B maybe if it comes up again it might be worth putting eyes on but right now it may as well be a trap
3 A might as well use the house rules to our advantage
4 CEG, where G is "regardless of what we do right after lunch, make the goddamn appointment"

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Revealing ourselves to an already broken straight up nihilistic/agnostic sad brains:

*Behold! I am a twisted mess of malfunctioning power hewn loose from an uncaring machine behind the curtain of existance!*

"Oh... that makes sense."

NinjaPete
Nov 14, 2004

Hail to the speaker,
Hail to the knower,

- Hávamál

You take the 74 to back to Highland Park. The gun is burning a hole in your bag the whole way. It is not the first time you’ve handled a gun, Wilhelm had used a rifle for hunting, and even a handgun for less savory work when he was younger. But Mabin never had picked up a weapon like this, in fact she had a distinct aversion to guns. When you were building her as a Cover you had come across a few young people who had relatives die in shootings. You Pacted away their trauma to try to heal them and absorbed it to help build Mabin. Still, as a young woman living in a crime ridden part of town, having a handgun wouldn’t be cover-breaking. Still, probably best to keep it on the down low.

1. What type of gun are we packing anyway?

Your bus passes the sculpture without you getting off. You look out the window as you pass and you can see it clearly for a moment as you are crossing Ford Bridge. It looms like a lone sentinel overlooking the river. Again, it’s proximity to the river is troubling, not only for what its intended function might be, but also for what might happen if the river causes a the Infrastructure to glitch out, as it often does.

You get off on the Minneapolis side of the river and head south, to Wabun Park. You start by following the coordinates that Mr. Tone sent you, but after a few minutes walking, you don’t need them, you can see the Infrastructure from here. It looks exactly the same as the previous sculpture, both in the physical material world, and the hidden world, the realm of the God Machine. You look around and are unsurprised to not see any people at the park, being the middle of winter, and so far the coldest day of the year, no one is out. There is a building you remember as being the Veteran’s Home from your map in the distance, but you don’t see anyone peering out any windows at you. So, you get to work.

You start my walking around the statue, noting any differences from the Highland one. It looks identical in construction. You see the same runes translating to “Input” and “Output” and the same keyhole. After examining the structure visually you walk up to it, take off a glove and, cautiously, touch it.

In The Heart Of The Fire Holds The Key

You pull your hand back, surprised. Same voice, same tone. Definitely connected to the previous one. You put your hand back on it and, ignoring the voice as much as possible, try to connect to the Infrastructure.

Once you and this creation were two parts of the same Machine. And though you are now disconnected, there is still a link between you two. You focus on your body and your indescribable inorganic soul. You reach out, and feel the beating heart, the twisting cogs and turning gears hidden within this Infrastructure and attempt to synchronize yourself to it, to meet its metaphysical wavelength. It is hard, and would be easier if you were not wearing your Cover, but a Demon walking around the picnic area would be too much to handle. It happens suddenly and without warning, one moment you are two entities, and the next you are part of the sculpture.

Store power. Store Aether. Building. Building. Need to release, need to connect. Need to shatter. The key. Where is the Key? Storing Power. Almost Full. Almost Time. Who’s there?

You pull your hand away. After a moment you turn and walk away quickly. The key? Shattering? The sculpture was some sort of storage for Aether. Once it was full it would...do something? Shatter itself? Shatter something else? You think this is Elimination Infrastructure for sure, meant to clean up another one of the Machine’s projects, or destroy something, or someone, it wants gone.

You look at your watch and are alarmed to see almost 45 minutes passed when you were connected to the sculpture. As quick as you can without raising suspicion, you huike north, to Minnehaha Park, and the third installation done by Aldo Moroni. Again, before getting too close you see it is the same as the other two. Same runes, same keyhole too. You pop off your glove, ignore it’s ranting about Hearts and Fires, and again attempt to synchronize and analyze the Infrastructure.

Store power. Shatter. Connect. Connect Complete the Circut. Cold. Colder. Hello There.

You rip your hand away, panting. You take out your phone and pull up google maps. You drop pins at the approximate locations of all three sculptures, and connect them.

“Well, that can’t be good.”

You check your phone, and it is 2:38. You need to get back home soon. You decide to send a quick message to your Ring via a disposable email.

2. What do you tell the Ring?
A. Explain as much as possible, hand it off to Ruin and Tone to try to Destroy.
B. Tell them you discovered some more intel, meet in a few days.
C. Send out the code for “meet at our hidden HQ tonight”
D. Something else.

As you pocket your phone you look up to find a bus stop, and you stop dead in your tracks for a moment. On the far end of the park there is a small parking lot that is completely empty. Or at least it was empty when you first got here. Now there is a dark-colored Jeep idling in the snow.

3. What do we do?
A. Keep walking, do nothing suspicious.
B. Run, as far and as fast as we can.
C. Approach the Jeep and be friendly. Or not friendly depending.
D. Something else.

So, according to our Rolls, Ms. Ink was able to Analyze Infrastructure, but it took an hour and a half. We also took a few Failures as we did so, so we have to roll Compromise, as standing still touching a statue for half an hour is weird. Right now we are have either gained a Condition or a Glitch. As players, you can decide on which of these two options.

We either are Flagged -

Or we have manifested a Minor Glitch. Glitches are due to being slightly disconnected from the Machine and runs reality. Demons are not supposed to exist, and Glitches are what happens when we break down. A minor Glitch lasts until the end of the scene, or an hour, whichever is shorter. We must choose from a Brand or a Tell. Brands affect a demon’s physical form, causing a change in the demon’s appearance or body chemistry.
Examples: Inability to consume unprocessed food. Smelling slightly of burnt copper. Hair changes to a different but still natural-looking color. Scar tissue on palm in the shape of a star or circuit-pattern.

Tells are bad habits and involuntary mental behaviors that are visible and potentially disconcerting. Examples: Must touch top of doorways before entering. Must shake hands with left hand. Cannot cover head.

4. Are we Flagged, or Glitched?
A. Flagged
B. Glitched (What is the Glitch? I will pick the coolest sounding one)

In addition, though we earned a beat in this scene, we failed our Cipher roll, so we learn nothing about our Cipher, bah.

Below is our Sheet, world map, and our Agenda Condition, just because I haven’t posted those in a bit.

Character Sheet

World Map

JesterOfAmerica
Sep 11, 2015
1. Don't know enough about this one
2. A- Too many meetings can draw attention
3. A
4. Glitch - Pentagram-Circuit tattoos on palms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gantolandon
Aug 19, 2012

1. A small, discreet one.
2. A.
3. B
4. Glitch - we are allowed to blink only in 3-second intervals.