Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Thanks. Was there a guy walking around selling fresh vegetables? I tried to watch CMLL after Kawato's debut but I ended up bored and confused. I was still confused as gently caress watching this but I enjoyed it more except for the uncomfortably long shot of the awkward dancers. The ending was weird.

The Berzerker posted:

Thanks for this. By total fluke I happened to catch a docuseries on TV tonight called The Wrestler, and they did a little profile on Kaito (while he traveled around Canada with CFW who were doing shows at indigenous reserves up here) - which btw is a good series worth looking into, it airs on Viceland in Canada and is a project from Damian Abraham (singer for hosed Up)

You know where I could find this?

SatoshiMiwa posted:

HM: Taichi vs Naito - Jan 23rd

Finally got around to watching and it's the best Taichi singles match I've seen

I think we need one more. Check it out guys, seriously it's really fun.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTi_HphtfAM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Senerio posted:

HM: Tony Nese vs Drew Gulak, 205 Live 2/13

This was a real good match, that would be a high HM in front of a not dead crowd, but still ekes into HM in my mind for how it played out.
Nth especially for the finishing sequence of Gulak just snapping and killing Nese dead

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Baron Corbyn posted:

You know where I could find this?

Unfortunately no. It doesn't even have a show page on Viceland's website yet which is weird. But I will keep an eye out and if I can find it I will post it somewhere. Also I made a typo, it's called The Wrestlers.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
HM Pete Dunne vs Roderick Strong for the UK Championship NXT 2/14
God I love both these guys and wish Pete got to do much in WWE

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
HM: Kagetsu, Sumire Natsu, and Hana Kimura (Oedo Tai) vs. Mayu Iwatani, Tam Nakano, and Mari Apache: 2/10 Stardom Shinkiba Show

While not AMAZING wrestling wise, the storytelling in that match was incredibly great. Hana has a great future ahead of her, especially with her submission holds. I like them more than Shayna's submissions. They look (and probably feel) more brutal.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

DarkstarIV posted:

HM: Kagetsu, Sumire Natsu, and Hana Kimura (Oedo Tai) vs. Mayu Iwatani, Tam Nakano, and Mari Apache: 2/10 Stardom Shinkiba Show

While not AMAZING wrestling wise, the storytelling in that match was incredibly great. Hana has a great future ahead of her, especially with her submission holds. I like them more than Shayna's submissions. They look (and probably feel) more brutal.

second

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

3rd. This is set up for their upcoming tag title match and I'm assuming the context here will make that match better too.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I know we're past the point where we need it, but I'll throw another HM on there.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

MassRafTer posted:

WMOTYC: Tim Storm vs Jocephus, NWA Empty Impact Zone Match, 1/14

Do you like Tim Storm screaming the same three phrases over and over? Do you want to see Jocephus' undies? Do you want to see the slowest brawl of the year?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsKqNCnTi20

This is for you!

Chubbybear Customs

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
a completely random pre-2018 recommendation

Vader, Owen Hart, Davey Boy Smith v. Shawn Michaels, Ahmed Johnson, Psycho Sid, WWF International Incident, 7/21/1996

I had no idea this match was any good before I watched it. It's loving awesome! The 1996 WWF matches you hear about are Mankind/HBK, Austin/Hart at Survivor Series, and HBK/Diesel, but nobody ever mentions this one. This is great, great stiff-rear end 3v3 action with a red hot Canadian crowd and a shitload of babyface heat. I'd actually put this even above Austin/Hart '96 as far as great '96 WWF matches go.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

DarkstarIV posted:

Unnecessary, but yeah. OT has been on fire lately.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Vader, Owen Hart, Davey Boy Smith v. Shawn Michaels, Ahmed Johnson, Psycho Sid, WWF International Incident, 7/21/1996

I had no idea this match was any good before I watched it. It's loving awesome! The 1996 WWF matches you hear about are Mankind/HBK, Austin/Hart at Survivor Series, and HBK/Diesel, but nobody ever mentions this one. This is great, great stiff-rear end 3v3 action with a red hot Canadian crowd and a shitload of babyface heat. I'd actually put this even above Austin/Hart '96 as far as great '96 WWF matches go.

Vader's WWF run is both underrated/huge missed opportunity and another check mark of why 90's Shawn was horrible backstage

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Vader's WWF run is both underrated/huge missed opportunity and another check mark of why 90's Shawn was horrible backstage

funny things to see in this match are: shawn michaels being the #1 beloved crowd babyface in Vancouver BC, and also how into Sid everyone is. it seemed like every time Sid wasn't in the match everyone was chanting for him. Sid's 1996 run isn't like, great (though it's one of the better runs of his career) but there was a reason people kept trying to push him

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

funny things to see in this match are: shawn michaels being the #1 beloved crowd babyface in Vancouver BC, and also how into Sid everyone is. it seemed like every time Sid wasn't in the match everyone was chanting for him. Sid's 1996 run isn't like, great (though it's one of the better runs of his career) but there was a reason people kept trying to push him

Sid being the face to the MSG crowd in the title match at Survivor Series probably summed up why Micheals run was a disaster and why this probably was Sid's hottest WWF run. Something about WWF wanting Sid to be the heel but the crowd wanting to cheer him (see also Royal Rumble 92)

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Yeah but it's great that in this case Shawn hosed over an even bigger dick/baby.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Sid being the face to the MSG crowd in the title match at Survivor Series probably summed up why Micheals run was a disaster and why this probably was Sid's hottest WWF run. Something about WWF wanting Sid to be the heel but the crowd wanting to cheer him (see also Royal Rumble 92)

there's a bit at the end where Sid does one of his awesome "runs in and gives everyone chokeslams" bits and the kids on the hard cam are just marking out. like they're jumping four feet in the air

and Sid giving Vader a chokeslam looks loving awesome no matter where or when it happens

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

even bigger dick

Not from what we’ve seen :rimshot:

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

HM: Roman Reigns vs. Seth Rollins vs. John Cena vs. Elias vs. Finn Balor vs. Miz vs. Braun Strowman, Gauntlet Match, Raw 2/19

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Gavok posted:

HM: Roman Reigns vs. Seth Rollins vs. John Cena vs. Elias vs. Finn Balor vs. Miz vs. Braun Strowman, Gauntlet Match, Raw 2/19

2nd. poo poo was real good.

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

Gavok posted:

3rd. Now I really want to see Cena/Rollins.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

PASS THE MASH posted:

3rd. Now I really want to see Cena/Rollins.

What's Jon Stewart up to

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

We want the ball & We're going to score

Feels Villeneuve posted:

this was my first ever WWE live event! I thought it was fun and cheesy but felt alone on liking it- similar to the Canadian Stampede July PPV the next summer.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Tank44 posted:

this was my first ever WWE live event! I thought it was fun and cheesy but felt alone on liking it- similar to the Canadian Stampede July PPV the next summer.

from watching the RAWs around it one major issue was that International Incident is in the running for least consequential WWF PPV of all time, though to be fair it was supposed to be a big showing for Warrior who had burned bridges with the company shortly before

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Takuan posted:

MOTYC: Ospreay vs Hiromu
HM: Okada vs SANADA

Catching up on NJPw

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Dimebags Brain posted:

MOTYC: Open the Dream Gate Championship - Kzy vs. Masaaki Mochizuki, Dragon Gate Korakuen Hall 2/7

What a loving match, Kzy's come a long way from his longtime role as an ugly jobber.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqVpAz8ndIw

This match absolutely deserves its accolades.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Baron Corbyn posted:

Please keep in mind that Gaora hosed up on their side of things so instead of a fully edited and multi-cam thing this show was no commentary hard-cam only. Leadiing into this match Kzy had managed to pin Mochizuki three consecutive times with flash pins in tags and trios matches, with each time Mochizuki cutting a promo after about how that won't cut it in an actual Dream Gate match, a true champion wins with a legitimate pin or submission. Also Kzy is super over and super good, but he's spent most of his career as a jobber and spent most of last year working to shake off that stigma (like actual storyline and character development, not just suddenly winning), and that this match is the biggest of his 10 year career.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

That's the Gaora broadcast with full commentary and multiple camera angles.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Baron Corbyn posted:

That's the Gaora broadcast with full commentary and multiple camera angles.

Ahh poo poo, that's what I get for not clicking the video. I watched it hard cam only.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Dimebags Brain posted:

Ahh poo poo, that's what I get for not clicking the video. I watched it hard cam only.

yeah, the original broadcast was on NicoNico. I watched it again on the Gaora broadcast and the extra production probably moved it up a few places on my MOTY list.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Baron Corbyn posted:

I don't know if I'd call it a MOTYC but it's really good and the time just flew by, I'd definitely be happy to throw it an HM.

Perhaps if I had a little more familiarity with the wrestlers I'd go higher, but coming in with zero context it's still a really drat good match.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I'm not sure if it deserves HM, but Beer City Bruiser vs Goto from Honor Rising Night 1 was a very fun match and BCB put up a better fight than I ever expected.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

HM: Soberano Jr. vs Niebla Roja, Relampago match, CMLL 2-23-18

Great finish. Crowd was hot

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
MOTYC

Rush and El Terrible vs Volador Jr and Ultimo Guerrero 2/23 CMLL

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

MOTYC

Rush and El Terrible vs Volador Jr and Ultimo Guerrero 2/23 CMLL

2nd!!!! Holy poo poo that was great

Pinche Rudo fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Feb 24, 2018

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

3rd

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Nthing Soberano/Niebla Roja and Rush/Terrible vs Volador/Ultimo Gurrerro from CMLL 2/23 for HM and MOTYC, respectively. Really good show overall.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HM: Cody and Marty Scurll vs The Golden Lovers (Kenny Omega/Kota Ibushi) at NJPW Honor Rising 2/24

Golden Lovers are an incredible duo, Cody played a great old school heel, Marty finally cementing the side he'd taken, a super hot crowd, amazing double-teams, terrifying high risk moves, THE KISS :derp:

This was a hell of a match.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Cody and Marty Scurll vs The Golden Lovers (Kenny Omega/Kota Ibushi) at NJPW Honor Rising 2/24

Golden Lovers are an incredible duo, Cody played a great old school heel, Marty finally cementing the side he'd taken, a super hot crowd, amazing double-teams, terrifying high risk moves, THE KISS :derp:

Yeah. I'd almost go for a MOTYC but it had a couple of sloppy moments.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

3rd.

Anyone got a link for those CMLL matches?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Baron Corbyn posted:

Anyone got a link for those CMLL matches?