Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

david carmichael posted:

Yeah. And not just in yhe literal sense of punching. He throws yhe same capoeira combos in every fight, throws a pile of kicks and straight lefts, snd then immediately slows down. It would takr a lot of bike work to get to the point to maintain his early pace/pressure for 3 rounds, let alone five

lol yeah in the first nate fight he threw that same lead left uppercut so many times with power and tired himself out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation
I think he drilled that for RDA because it makes literally no sense to wing giant uppercuts from the outside at a diaz

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
I'd like to see Conor fight again. Just like old times.

DaFrugalGamer
Aug 6, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Conor passed anthony pettis for most days without defending your belt

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Matt Lindland posted:

I think he drilled that for RDA because it makes literally no sense to wing giant uppercuts from the outside at a diaz

Yeah could be

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

DaFrugalGamer posted:

Conor wins the fight before it starts, he use mind games from Sun Tzus The Art of War.

he who wins will know when to fight and when not to fight

hmmm checks out

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

like look at the dramatic improvements he made between fight 1 and 2. he went from crashing and burning in round 2 to matching diaz's pace over 5 rounds. true he started to tire in i think rd 3 but diaz wasnt far behind him in that fight

He badly gassed in the second fight, too. About the same point. He had a better gameplan, though.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Reminder that Conor said during the Aldo build up that he said "I will be an active champion".

He went further and claimed he would defend both belts.

Marching Powder posted:

Being able to box for 9 rounds with a boxer so far above your level it was considered a circus fight in his first professional boxing match was the most impressive display of gas I've seen from Conor. He was actually still fighting about 5 rounds past where I expected him to gas and die.

.... Conor McGregor.

C'mon man, he boxed for about two rounds and just kind of staggered around the rest of the time. There is no universe where his cardio in the Floyd fight was in anyway impressive.

willie_dee posted:

He landed more shots that Pac.

Goddamit, this stupid loving meme is here too.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Snowman_McK posted:

Goddamit, this stupid loving meme is here too.

I get that we're not allowed to use the R-word anymore but I really miss it for people who trot that bullshit out.

"Conor landed more on Floyd than Pac did!"

"landed"

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Matt Lindland posted:

Afterwards he put up an instagram post bragging about how many times he threw it and how badass it was.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
it was pretty badass

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Snowman_McK posted:

He went further and claimed he would defend both belts.

Every 4-6 months, if I recall correctly. I believe he said he would go right back into training camp as soon as his medical suspensions ended after every fight.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Skip My Posts posted:

it was pretty badass

It was but he got stunned and finished trying to throw it so I think he just panicked in that fight and was throwing whatever he could to try and put Nate away

He also landed a really clean one under Nate's high guard in the first round which snapped Nate's head back and I think that probably made him commit to it.

Shirkelton fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Feb 19, 2018

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Snowman_McK posted:

He badly gassed in the second fight, too. About the same point. He had a better gameplan, though.

i disagree but i wont draw my sword over it

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
What's really great is, in the first Nate fight, Kavanagh says between rounds "Don't have to put full power into everything you throw" and that advice was clearly heeded

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

I think Conor did land more punches than Pac on Floyd, but not all punches are created equal and if I remember correctly they were almost all weak arm punches that he threw because he’s not super comfortable fighting in the range Floyd forced that fight into from round 4 to the end, and he had no way to stop Floyd from getting in that range without his kicks.

Conor has great cardio when he feels in control of a fight, like the Holloway fight. He has terrible cardio when he isn’t in control as he starts to force everything looking for a finish. Also the way he fights will always burn energy fast.

In the second Nate fight I don’t think he showed improved cardio. He just fought much smarter and did what he had to do, such as literally turning his back and running from exchanges, to survive till the end of the fight and get the decision after it became clear Nate wasn’t going away.

threeagainstfour fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Feb 19, 2018

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Never stop being Nate, Nate.

edit: UFC of India deleted their tweet, someone from head office probably told them off.

https://twitter.com/fearthe_beard11/status/965449422757744642

loving hell can Ariel be any more of a loving square?

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/965447153563947010

Memento fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Feb 19, 2018

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
lol

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
cross posting this so it doesn't get lost in the GDT

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The Black Beast goddamn rules :allears:

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Cerrone lives!

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

The Black Beast goddamn rules :allears:

He went deep tonight

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Memento posted:

Never stop being Nate, Nate.

edit: UFC of India deleted their tweet, someone from head office probably told them off.

https://twitter.com/fearthe_beard11/status/965449422757744642

loving hell can Ariel be any more of a loving square?

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/965447153563947010

I refuse to believe that Helwani doesn't get swirlied in the MMA Fighting offices every day.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

threeagainstfour posted:

He went deep tonight

Went? He's still in there, fighting the good fight :patriot:

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Memento posted:

I get that we're not allowed to use the R-word anymore but I really miss it for people who trot that bullshit out.

"Conor landed more on Floyd than Pac did!"

"landed"

The funniest bit was someone i know saying 'name someone who did better' as if that was difficult.

I.N.R.I posted:

i disagree but i wont draw my sword over it

Look, you may be right. He still seemed like he had serious gas issues. He just did a much better job of nullifying Nate's offence in the second, so that when he needed a rest, he was less likely to be left in the pocket with somebody who fuckin' loves being in the pocket.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

red19fire posted:

Every 4-6 months, if I recall correctly. I believe he said he would go right back into training camp as soon as his medical suspensions ended after every fight.

To be fair, Conor sold about 4.2 million PPV buys in 2016, and the UFC did a total of 3.5 million PPV buys in 2017 (not counting the boxing match). The Conor brand is bigger than the UFC brand, they are going to have to pay him a poo poo ton to come back.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Fozzy The Bear posted:

To be fair, Conor sold about 4.2 million PPV buys in 2016, and the UFC did a total of 3.5 million PPV buys in 2017 (not counting the boxing match). The Conor brand is bigger than the UFC brand, they are going to have to pay him a poo poo ton to come back.

That's fine, but we're discussing the things he said he would do that he completely failed to do.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
He never raped and pillaged that Brazilian favela either

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I'll bet he did

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Skip My Posts posted:

He never raped and pillaged that Brazilian favela either

You're not a real champion until you do.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Dan Didio posted:

You're not a real champion until you do.

I thought that dude on BOPE wasn’t very good tho?

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Best Friends posted:

I thought that dude on BOPE wasn’t very good tho?

Hey, they do not rape and pillage.

Their deal is torture and slaughter.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

N: Cerrone wants to go back to Lightweight

V: Cowboy vs Sage please

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

kensei posted:

N: Cerrone wants to go back to Lightweight

Cowboy would gently caress Sage up.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Cowboy would gently caress Sage up.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
That’s a bad fight

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
They love rose bc they wanna gently caress her and hate sage bc they wanna gently caress him

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation
make cowboy fight top 10 guys till he’s dead, Chris Leben style.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

If he goes back to 55, he should fight one of these three dudes:

9 Michael Chiesa
10 Al Iaquinta
11 Beneil Dariush

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
I just don't care for Sage because he kinda sucks and gets paid more than a lot of much more deserving fighters because he checks most the boxes on Dana's aryan youth fetish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
sage should be a backstage reporter for UFC on Nickelodeon

• Locked thread