Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I see nothing about a club in my role/flavor description. I just like to invent things apparently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
hey ngo why you vote me :love:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
##vote bif

Kill kei-ons

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tired Moritz posted:

##vote bif

Kill kei-ons

do you mean K-on? I'm a gardener, not a musician!

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
ngo is a trouble maker and should be detentioned post haste before he brings the alien menace down on our heads and disrupts the sports festival goddamit

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

Okay yeah i have no idea what people are basing these theories on. The scum killing people with low postcounts seems like a risky move, it would be very easy for the kill to be prevented, but what if its a gambit so that town waste their roles protecting lurkers whilst the scum suddenly change their modus operandi?

All theories related to clubs sound bogus, 50 is making this poo poo up for fun and people are looking into it too far.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Atomic Soda posted:

no tho i have clear interests. its frustrating that this could absolutely be helpful to winning the game or be a complete distraction. ngo a good vote on the basis of posting and since they claimed an alt wincon (aliens)

it's not an alt wincon it just says humanity's future depends on our relationship with aliens.

Atomic Soda posted:

hey ngo why you vote me :love:

bc you're anti alien

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

I see nothing about a club in my role/flavor description. I just like to invent things apparently

wish you'd invent yourself a good posting machine lmao

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

wish you'd invent yourself a good posting machine lmao

:stonk::cry::cry::stonk:

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I have no particular special wincondition and my character was surprised she got into tokyo u in the first place.

Not sure what the heck is going on but I vaguely suspect that you're all 3p variants

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
im dog

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Maybe this Haruhi Suzumiya and there are ESPERS, Aliens. And Time Travelers. Town is loving Kyon and Pera is Haruhi our cruel God.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

I will allow dog to win, even at the expense of town

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
im town dog

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

GeneX posted:

you should be expelled for this post

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

b-minus1 posted:

you should be expelled for this post

it would be 100% worth it

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
I had a club mentioned in my bio too, that's why I switched my join

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

GeneX posted:

##vote genex

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.
We're already having enough issues keeping people on track, and now 50 makes up this stupid club bs.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

SalTheBard posted:

Maybe this Haruhi Suzumiya and there are ESPERS, Aliens. And Time Travelers. Town is loving Kyon and Pera is Haruhi our cruel God.

hmmmmmmm somebody missed the truth about suzumiya. . .

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
A truth can't exist without an ending

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Nevergirls is posting a lot and honestly this is spooking me

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

peramene posted:

it's that the show is bad

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

HA HA! YOU HAVE CHOSEN POORLY!
these mystery mechanics are really messing with me

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

how do i town

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

So the clubs are something 50 made up. Okay.

I don't agree with the LD case, but frankly it's pretty much the only game in town right now except for setup speculation. Ignoring the amusing theory that this might be a weird town/3p or something game, reading through the thread again.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

peramene posted:

It's also been a long loving time since I watched it.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Iron Chef Ramen posted:

So the clubs are something 50 made up. Okay.

I don't agree with the LD case, but frankly it's pretty much the only game in town right now except for setup speculation. Ignoring the amusing theory that this might be a weird town/3p or something game, reading through the thread again.

Things should get interesting when people start posting their scum picks for the president, hey!

Hm, actually... *checks timezones* aww, still 5 more hours.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

Things should get interesting when people start posting their scum picks for the president, hey!

Hm, actually... *checks timezones* aww, still 5 more hours.

You can post them early, they just need to be reposted the day of.

The point wasn't to halt conversation until then, it was so people would reiterate them close to deadline.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Now that you mention it there's no explicit wincon in my character sheet other than I need to contact aliens somehow.

it's not an alt wincon it just says humanity's future depends on our relationship with aliens.

bc you're anti alien

so you saying its an additional wincon?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

50 pounds of bread posted:

You can post them early, they just need to be reposted the day of.

The point wasn't to halt conversation until then, it was so people would reiterate them close to deadline.

ah, well I already recapped my list, I'm just looking forward for crunch time to start so people gotta start putting their cards out

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Asiina posted:

Why would it be multiple mislynches? We can still kill his scumbuddies even if he's president. It's not protecting the whole team.

There are a whole bunch of rules we don't know about. Like apparently 50 invented the clubs? But even with a nebulous concept of what the president's power is, I'd still put myself on a clock to be unkillable scum for multiple days.

You act like this is some sort of outlandish gambit when it's really not. Not everyone who plays scum is going to play a cautious game with it.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Also lol at the people who think a postcount floor of 60 by D3 is reasonable in a mafia game. Good lord I hope you guys never mod anything.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I legit think this is a scumfree game and we're just supposed to chill with the lowest posters getting gtfo'd

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Scumpicks are 50 Pounds and B-minus

50 Pounds because his role is obviously a lie.

B-minus for "at least 60 posts" because this screams of someone who knows scum postcounts and knows that high volume rules will wipe out most of town.

I'd probably have fingered Gulag ahead of B-minus but I like that he thinks 50's claim is bullshit.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Atomic Soda posted:

so you saying its an additional wincon?

Sorry I misspoke earlier when I said “other than”. My bio says i am interested in aliens and humanity must contact them. It doesn’t say I win the game whether we do or not.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...
##vote SalTheBard

Here is his Sal's posting history. Please prove me wrong by showing me any scum hunting in the over 50 post here. Especially in the 10-15 posts that he had since I called him out for this. As far as I can tell, he doesn't have any scum reads. And doesn't seem like he's going to make any. Also he immediately shows up after being called out, and then doesn't see, or respond to this post:

Token Female posted:

Thanks for showing up! Do you have any thoughts?
Which I post one minute after he shows up. I guess MAYBE he just happened to be reading the exactly when I called him then posted, and didn't read anything right after that until to vote at the deadline. But I doubt it.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...
I would be happy voting for following in no particular order:

Natural 20: There were a lot of posts about finding the president but none about finding scum. Didn't even vote for president. Never commented about how 50 totally has a made up role until now. Has been really impartial until that last post. Like on day 2 at some point I checked the OP to see if Natural 20 was a co-mod. Compared to chic and LCR (below), Natural 20 is actually trying, which is maybe makes him (?) more scummy in my eyes of the three. Also his biggest scum read is someone we cannot vote out, for a reason that he could have mentioned on day 2 while Natural 20 was spending time/effort counting the nominations. I'm not saying that 50 is town or scum, but calling him scum will have little immediate outcome.

ChicTrombone: Lots of posts. No opinions. No vote for nominations, for the reason of not have any even mild town reads.

IronChefRamen: Lots of posts. No opinions. Even after being prompted. Also "confused" posts if you are someone that thinks that's a tell.

Li Dawny: Here is my previous case

People who I'm going to read over soon:
NGO: was suspicious earlier and kind of lost track of on day 2
GeneX: I have no idea what GeneX has posted, but it's been more than I would have thought
flerp: same as GeneX

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

I’m going to [b] ##vote Asiina [/b because I don’t know how I feel about this whole “no scum” team but I know who benefits from that thought process the most.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Token Female posted:

I would be happy voting for following in no particular order:

Natural 20: There were a lot of posts about finding the president but none about finding scum. Didn't even vote for president. Never commented about how 50 totally has a made up role until now. Has been really impartial until that last post. Like on day 2 at some point I checked the OP to see if Natural 20 was a co-mod. Compared to chic and LCR (below), Natural 20 is actually trying, which is maybe makes him (?) more scummy in my eyes of the three. Also his biggest scum read is someone we cannot vote out, for a reason that he could have mentioned on day 2 while Natural 20 was spending time/effort counting the nominations. I'm not saying that 50 is town or scum, but calling him scum will have little immediate outcome.

ChicTrombone: Lots of posts. No opinions. No vote for nominations, for the reason of not have any even mild town reads.

IronChefRamen: Lots of posts. No opinions. Even after being prompted. Also "confused" posts if you are someone that thinks that's a tell.

Li Dawny: Here is my previous case

People who I'm going to read over soon:
NGO: was suspicious earlier and kind of lost track of on day 2
GeneX: I have no idea what GeneX has posted, but it's been more than I would have thought
flerp: same as GeneX

This just in. Man running vote for president didn't vote after recusing himself from voting.

SCUM FOUND.

• Locked thread