Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

What is iq wearing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Minrad posted:

what is that awful skin. iq?

The Bananana posted:

What is iq wearing?
Taking hints from Overwatch's Tracer?

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Rainbow 6 Siege: We have purposely dressed them wrong, as a joke

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

I guess she woke up late and didn't have time to coordinate a sweater with her pink sneakers.

I love her default design so much.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://www.gamespot.com/amp-articles/rainbow-six-siege-no-sequel-is-planned/1100-6456867/

quote:

"We are saying extremely loudly here: there is no sequel planned," Remy told Eurogamer. "We will be here for the next 10 years. So expect more Rainbow 6 in your life for quite some time."

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Can't wait for the Speed 4, Armor 0 Tachanka rework.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Just had a very satisfying game against an rear end in a top hat tryhard Ela main in Casual. He had 12 kills at the end of the game. The next highest fragger on his team had 2; everyone else had 1 or 0.

Meanwhile, going into round 5, I had 6 kills, my partner had 9, and everyone else on our team had none. Zero. After four rounds, three people had no kills or assists. And we still hauled their asses into overtime.

Ela opened up the round by peeking our spawn and killing 2. While she was busy dicking around on the other side of the map, I broke in from the tower, killed the idiot sitting on the stairs, and then mowed down the guy who was sitting in the slit window bridge. Someone up in the rafters of the tower started taking shots at us, and I turned around and chucked a Ying grenade up there and climbed the ladder as it was going off, then murdered him.

Our Ash finally got their first kill dropping into the objective room, and then killed the Ela as she finally rotated back into the objective after everyone on her team was dead.

He was one of 3 people on the enemy team who had some kind of clan tag, too. It was incredibly satisfying to steal that win from him with our 9-9-2-0-0 scoreboard. It was basically 2v5 for 4 rounds. I hope he raged at his dipshit clanner teammates. After so many lovely matches tonight, that one felt good.

quote:

you can expect Ubisoft to continue to support Siege through the games-as-a-service model.

:sigh:

Cup Runneth Over fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Feb 20, 2018

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
So there are two things that appear to be unmentioned but they are present on the TTS.
First is that all operator icons had a visual overhaul, making them higher contrast. A good change and it makes the CTUs more distinct from one another.

The second is that now when opening skins, the recruit icon is there as well, so maybe recruits are getting attachments this year.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Hey cool can we also get:
-DLC CTU recruits
-loving operator videos for the DLC ops, you already made them for most of them, just use the ones you loving made and released as trailers you goddamn animals

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I know this is the dead horse you love to beat but would you rather they do the EA/Activision thing and just release a whole new game every year that just fractures the community?

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Basticle posted:

I know this is the dead horse you love to beat but would you rather they do the EA/Activision thing and just release a whole new game every year that just fractures the community?

Very good point

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Basticle posted:

I hate that games aren't games anymore, but a service

And there's a happy medium, I'm sure they've been making a poo poo ton of money off of Season Passes let alone all of the other poo poo.

Just finished downloading the TTS, gonna check it out

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Penpal posted:

I hate that games aren't games anymore, but a service

And there's a happy medium, I'm sure they've been making a poo poo ton of money off of Season Passes let alone all of the other poo poo.

Other than Ubisoft and Blizzard stuff, most other games don't use that business model so this whole "games are not games anymore :supaburn:" thing is pretty loving dumb.

Alternatively, subscription based MMOs existed since the dawn of time.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Kikas posted:

The second is that now when opening skins, the recruit icon is there as well, so maybe recruits are getting attachments this year.

That would be really good and I hope it happens.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Jack Trades posted:

Other than Ubisoft and Blizzard stuff, most other games don't use that business model so this whole "games are not games anymore :supaburn:" thing is pretty loving dumb.

Alternatively, subscription based MMOs existed since the dawn of time.

Jesus once said do not weep for i will return next month when i have the money for subscription fees.

(I actually kinda agree in general with you i just find the dawn of time statement funny)

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I liked when I bought a game as a product and played it. The service economy is garbage.

Also, when I boot up the TTS build I can't connect to the servers. Just me?

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Basticle posted:

The game is practically a sequel to release day Siege anyways with the amount of Ops and maps added now, plus the ongoing changes to existing maps. At least this way we keep all our digital swag.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

The only use for a Siege 2 would be to fix underlying limitations in the engine that they can't fix with incremental patches, and Siege isn't bursting at the seams yet. :regd08:

Jehde fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Feb 20, 2018

ten_twentyfour
Jan 24, 2008

Playing TTS last night I noticed that the graphics have changed and...gotten better somehow? I think I have the high res texture pack installed for the TTS (I don't on live, but it seemed to install it by default on the TTS), but shadows look better, everything seems "crisper", and most importantly, I get better FPS. All my settings appear to be the same as on live so I'm not sure what's going on but I really like it.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/7yui4f/monty_gets_a_taste_of_his_own_medicine/

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Basticle posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Rainbow 6 Siege: We have purposely dressed them wrong, as a joke

:discourse:

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Considering the absolute state of cosmetics in this game, it will never stop being relevant

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

Q8ee posted:

using this as proof is pretty weak, to be honest. most of those guys you ran into had no idea what to do and died like absolute scrubs. they'd either attack you head on, sit there and take a flash to the face, or spray bullets at you. games I play, if I tried to use your playstyle, I'd get assblasted so hard. they'll either back off and shoot my legs out, or they'll do that really horrible WASD sonic the hedgehog move whilst knifing me to poo poo down my neck.

Unless you've been bullshitting about your jaunts in ELO hell, that's exactly the tiers you can get away with running around doing dumb things with a shield. That said, the juxtaposition of those posts and this one did give me a good laugh.

re: Blitz. Recommended: Barbed wire, Kapkan, Lesion, Frost, Echo, Ela, Smoke, nitro, impacts and map knowledge/good callouts/roamers.

Nebiros fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Feb 20, 2018

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Assuming he doesn't get toned down, Blitz is going to be cool with the Pick and Ban system, because if you let him through you have a plan for dealing with him. Which means your opponent might not pick him, which means you might not have a plan for dealing with him. I love that kind of nonsense.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
It's a real shame the pick and ban system is only for pro league and thus the 99.99999999% other players will have to deal with 2 speed Blitz for the next three months.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
I have faith that there's going to be an entire gamut of strategies around Blitz-baiting.

Assuming he doesn't get changed (he feels more like a Speed 3 in the vids)

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Not super excited about this tbh https://gfycat.com/UnitedImpeccableDrongo

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

When he's nanoboosted he honest to God looks he's hacking

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Cup Runneth Over posted:

When he's nanoboosted he honest to God looks he's hacking

Oh god I didn't even consider that

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Nebiros posted:

Unless you've been bullshitting about your jaunts in ELO hell, that's exactly the tiers you can get away with running around doing dumb things with a shield. That said, the juxtaposition of those posts and this one did give me a good laugh.

my experience with Blitz in Gold 4 / 3 has been punishing at best, absolute obliteration at worst. The minute people see me as a shield op, they keep their distance, take pot shots at my limbs, and wait to flank. If I'm by myself, it's guaranteed I'll have someone loop round to flank me whilst someone else keeps me preoccupied. Worst is when speed 1 operators just zerg rush me and knife me even if I'm looking at them, kill cam will show them already at my back. If I try to ADS as they rush, they just instantly spray and pop my head open.

Genuinely couldn't have done the stuff that guy posted in his clips. The window one especially, they wouldn't have all just lined up hopping in the window after the first guy went down. They'd either hop in and prefire, or just come in from a different angle.

My ELO hell is real. Got to Gold 2 a few days back, currently deranking all the way to Silver 1. Feels, loving, bad.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I am thankful for your (as in the general playerbase's) bad experiences as they allow me to continue picking shield ops uncontested. They honestly used to be really quite bad and useless but the hitbox changes have gone a long way in making them playable. I haven't been shot through my shield like it's paper mache in ages.

There is also nothing in this world that comes close to being as sweet as when I wreck some dudes on Blitz and next round they bring their own Blitz in and I wreck him too

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Look at all these non-bonking dummies.

Montagne bonk-ace is the epitome of Siege.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
"We have been investigating the reports about Blitz’s speed change, and we have found a data error that made him faster than initially intended. There is a mobility modifier for all shields that reduces the operator speed, and this was not active for Blitz at the launch of the Test Server. This will be fixed. His base speed will still be from a 2-speed operator, but his shield will bring a reduction to that speed. This reduction in speed will be live on the Test Servers as soon as we can confirm the fix; target is tomorrow."

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I really feel like it's unfair how y'all keep saying that the things in my videos would never happen in a REAL game because people aren't really that stupid and then act like it's more feasible for fuckin Montagne to get a melee-only ace

tjones
May 13, 2005
Lol here comes the reactionary back pedalling. Ubi fire your game balance guy plz.

Edit: To be clear, I never said such. I pointed out the first clip was a bad example due to it being plane and the guys taking turns pushing you one at a time.

I've also been arguing the whole time that the change to Blitz doesn't make any sense as he was fairly balanced as he was, makes him over powered now, breaks the whole shield meta, and serves as a knee jerk reaction like a lot of meta changes have been lately. Ubi couldn't balance their way out of a wet paper bag if you gave them Hibana charges.

tjones fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Feb 20, 2018

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Please record as many videos of Hyperblitz as you can before they take him away from us

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!
Honestly, if this blitz had stayed in game it would have totally broken casual matches. I mean funny for a test server but it would grow old REALLY fast.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

tjones posted:

Lol here comes the reactionary back pedalling. Ubi fire your game balance guy plz.

It really is more likely that someone just forgot to change the Mobility modifier on his shield.

I'm pretty sure you can even check it for yourself and see if Blitz's shield has a 50 Mobility on his shield on TTS or not.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Legs Benedict posted:

"We have been investigating the reports about Blitz’s speed change, and we have found a data error that made him faster than initially intended. There is a mobility modifier for all shields that reduces the operator speed, and this was not active for Blitz at the launch of the Test Server. This will be fixed. His base speed will still be from a 2-speed operator, but his shield will bring a reduction to that speed. This reduction in speed will be live on the Test Servers as soon as we can confirm the fix; target is tomorrow."

:lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Lawl