Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Hey, remember when you had a fight on a boat when Drago was still a storm sorcerer? good times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Gharbad the Weak posted:

Hey, remember when you had a fight on a boat when Drago was still a storm sorcerer? good times

Hey, at least one of those enemies made their saving throw to grab onto the deck rail. That said, Lulu The Biomanced Squid still ate well that night.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I bet teleporting is gonna come up a lot lol.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
Sorry I won't be able to make it this evening.

Next Tuesday also iffy. Is it possible to move next week to a different day?

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

TheDemon posted:

Sorry I won't be able to make it this evening.

Next Tuesday also iffy. Is it possible to move next week to a different day?

could be, we need to pick the next week date soon please

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Post the days/times that don't work for you.

I can't do tomorrow, but otherwise my schedule is pretty open for a game at this time. Sunday would be a problem if we gamed earlier in the day, unless it was like at 6:00 pacific instead of 7:00.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
the evening of the 8th, 12th, 15th

my next tuesday is somehow work scheduled? huh

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
They were all out of Marquess.
I'm good for whenever.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
Monday the 12th is best. Thursday the 15th is also good.

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Good session last night, although I have discarded everything I thought I knew about epic tier game balance. Adding another 0 to every stat on next week's encounters.

Speaking of our next session, I'm free every day (including all weekend) except every Thursday night and next Wednesday night (D&D on Valentine's Day would not fly). Although if we have game Friday night you'll have to put up with me livestreaming the Winter Olympics opening ceremonies. I love me some sports pomp & circumstance.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
MONDAY

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

Monday looks best. Anyone not okay with Monday?

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
I'm good with Monday

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Monday MONDAY MONDAY!!!!!

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

No vignettes today, just a call to battle. See what lies beyond the Tempest's digestive system tonight Monday, February 12th at 7 PM PST.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
pumped. may get a call from a lady but will be there.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Tuesday not Monday since I will be hiking/camping this monday

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
Yeah, are we back on Tuesday now?

Also I made the OKCupid but I disabled it right away.

Will work on it when I have the time; I'm just glad I got over one hurdle.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
here for you bro

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Having slogged through the digestive system and held their breath through the respiratory system, there are so many options to choose from for what biomanced horrors await the Stormbringers. Perhaps the rush of the endocrine system, or a log flume through the nephritic pipes of the kidneys! The only limits are our imagination and willingness to brave the anatomy section of Wikipedia. Continue your biopsy tonight Tuesday, February 20th, at 7 PM PST.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

kaynorr posted:

Having slogged through the digestive system and held their breath through the respiratory system, there are so many options to choose from for what biomanced horrors await the Stormbringers. Perhaps the rush of the endocrine system, or a log flume through the nephritic pipes of the kidneys! The only limits are our imagination and willingness to brave the anatomy section of Wikipedia. Continue your biopsy tonight Tuesday, February 20th, at 7 PM PST.

Cool! Also for once I'm giving an early warning. Due to the importance of a work project I alas will be unable to stay up next week so late. Gotta do constant meetings with offshore lads which means I get to wake up super early while they get to work super late! Yay!

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Note to self

don't die
properly commemorate the moment
thank capmor

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
I'm really serious about how much it meant to me to have Haddin just ganged up and stomped on. I originally wanted the killing blow, but now I prefer what happened. Everyone got together as a team, put the boots on, and Capmor ended him with 3 crits before he could act. This time, the group stood with me.

Somewhere, Ranjit is smiling

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
drat fine teamwork

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Herr Tog posted:

drat fine teamwork

I am happy with results, some could even say it went just according to keikaku

also lookin at 29 powers and we got some monster stances to choose from

We got the defensive option

or the Offensive Option

Both are cool rear end stances and I'm leaning towards offensive as we usually end up playing rocket tag with the enemies dead early on.

Also I think I forgot to select a 28 feat. I'd like Heartening Exploit w/ Brutal Setup

Cerepol fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Feb 23, 2018

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
Hey we good for tomorrow?

Also, pick the Offensive option.

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

I assume there's going to be something of a power spike at level 29....

Cerepol posted:

I am happy with results, some could even say it went just according to keikaku

also lookin at 29 powers and we got some monster stances to choose from

...gently caress it. You're fighting Orcus now, all the time. Orcus minions, Orcus elites, Orcus solos who can spawn copies of Tiamat as off-round minor actions. I love epic tier.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Orcus was notorious for being reliably one shot by an un-erratad ranger.

Edit: Take it from a guy who plays ruthless controllers: killing fast is more fun than making the monsters ineffective.

Gharbad the Weak fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Feb 26, 2018

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

Sorry for the shorter notice but I won't be able to make it tomorrow.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
i will be a bit late tomorrow

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

and as mentioned I have to drop earlyish tonight. Hopefully this still gives us enough time to finish up this combat.

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Given the absences (Cerepol leaving early, Herr Tog arriving late, no TheDemon) I'm cancelling game this week. We'll resume next week with the conclusion of the current expedition, a little level up and shopping, and then directly into the final adventure of the campaign!

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Hey, can we get a videogame esque point of no return "spend the money now, you ain't spending from here on"

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Gharbad the Weak posted:

Hey, can we get a videogame esque point of no return "spend the money now, you ain't spending from here on"

we could still travel the astral sea

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Gharbad the Weak posted:

I'll let you all know when we've started disc 4. It's at least one extended rest away.

Herr Tog posted:

we could still travel the astral sea

Well after you wrap around from level 30 to level 1, the Astral Sea might be a tough nut to crack but I'm sure you'll find a way.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Hey folks no panic but just making sure for the next couple of months are we pretty sure that Tuesday night is still gonna be the night? Cause I am gonna be changing my weekly schedule up a bit and don't wanna make such assumptions.

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Herr Tog posted:

Hey folks no panic but just making sure for the next couple of months are we pretty sure that Tuesday night is still gonna be the night? Cause I am gonna be changing my weekly schedule up a bit and don't wanna make such assumptions.

Yes, we should be on Tuesday night from now on until the end of the game.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
sweet

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

"While I appreciate your persistence in the matter and your desire to provide as complete an accounting as possible, consider this my third and final refusal of your request. Over the course of compiling this history I have spoken to hundreds of survivors of the War of the Burning Sky, and despite the willingness of many to tell their stories there were some who could not do it. The War brought violence, grief, and misery into the lives of many - for them the best way to heal is put it in the past and move on. I have told my own story as best I could, but even for me there are some things that will be kept private.

What happened personally that day, in the heart of the Tempest, is something I will not commit to posterity. Even years later it is still too raw and too heartbreaking. Those who were there know what happened, and those who were not do not need to. You will have to trust me when I say that the story of the Tempest continues on adequately in other places and from other storytellers. I know that my personal history was a factor in being granted the permission of the Lyceum to write this book - if it was conditional upon telling that particular tale then you can send assistants to pick up my notes at any time. I estimate no more than three of Tenser's Floating Discs will be adequate to hold the files.

Otherwise, I maintain that the work stands on its own. Any historian must, for various reasons, edit the raw material for various reasons including respect for the people who lived it. I ask that you respect me, and the memory of all those who lived and died onboard the Tempest."

- Professor Kristin Highhill, letter to the Dean of History

The future of the Tempest, Kristin's family, and perhaps the war itself will be written tonight Tuesday, March 6th, at 7 PM PST. Assuming my hard drive lives that long. Backup early and backup often.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
There are rules in the flying whale.

1st no one has to talk about what happens in the flying whale

2nd no one owns anyone in the flying whale

3rd you are a guest, don't gently caress it up

4th no one has to talk about what happens in the flying whale

• Locked thread