Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

Natural 20 posted:

This just in. Man running vote for president didn't vote after recusing himself from voting.

SCUM FOUND.

That's not the post I was trying to make. I'm saying:

-No scum hunting day 1 or day 2 despite being active and working on the nominations.
-You now case 50 as your biggest scum lead now that we can't do anything about it. For a reason that you could have mentioned when you were keeping track of the nominations but didn't. If you feel so strongly about it, then why didn't you say something earlier, when you were able to do so?

But that's the thing in my post about you that you want to reaction to? I guess if you want to fixate on the minor part of it you can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
natural 20 was running for president? their policies must suck because i cant remember that at all

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Token Female posted:

That's not the post I was trying to make. I'm saying:

-No scum hunting day 1 or day 2 despite being active and working on the nominations.
-You now case 50 as your biggest scum lead now that we can't do anything about it. For a reason that you could have mentioned when you were keeping track of the nominations but didn't. If you feel so strongly about it, then why didn't you say something earlier, when you were able to do so?

But that's the thing in my post about you that you want to reaction to? I guess if you want to fixate on the minor part of it you can.

I want to fixate on the silliest part I can because it's hilarious.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Tired Moritz posted:

natural 20 was running for president? their policies must suck because i cant remember that at all

lol no. If I'd run I'd have won easily.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Natural 20 posted:

lol no. If I'd run I'd have won easily.

You wish.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

Natural 20 posted:

I want to fixate on the silliest part I can because it's hilarious.

Can you please answer:
-Why didn't you raise your suspicions of 50 earlier?
-Why do/did you find gulag scummy? (you post that he would be your 2nd choice if he didn't agree with you about 50, but you don't say why.)
-Is there anything in this game you find scummy other than b-minus' post about post counts?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Natural 20 posted:

Also lol at the people who think a postcount floor of 60 by D3 is reasonable in a mafia game. Good lord I hope you guys never mod anything.

20 posts per day is definitely reasonable. The game started over a week ago. Plus we haven’t hit any scum yet. People need to contribute, lurking is unacceptable

Would vote n20, and that’s not the omgus talking.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

b-minus1 posted:

20 posts per day is definitely reasonable. The game started over a week ago. Plus we haven’t hit any scum yet. People need to contribute, lurking is unacceptable

Would vote n20, and that’s not the omgus talking.

Nope.

So my games tend towards having some of the most brutal lurker rules on the forums. You fall below 10 posts at any point and a gun is pointed at your head.

AA Mafia had three guns show in a game of 13.
DBZ Mafia had something like 5 or 6 in a game of 23.
FSN Mafia had none (Good job guys)

We'll be generous and say DBZ was more of an outlier and say that we trend towards a rate of around 15% lurking at a 10 post limit.

A 20 post limit is notably more than doubly difficult because if you spend your first 10 posts meaningfully content posting then your second 10 are harder since you've used the majority of your content. Additionally it's harder to make the gap if you're behind because of real life since you just wall of text post in small chunks.

That makes the game less legible as there's more white noise, people will just skim if they find 300 posts when they wake up and leads to more false positives on players that do keep playing because they're not lacking content because they're scum, but because they've said everything that they need to say. Additionally you just lose a shittonne more people over time as people replace out because they don't want Mafia to be a full time job.

It's stupid, if you're proposing it you're being stupid and you shouldn't want that unless you're scum and all the problems I listed advantage you significantly.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Straight up I'm not sure I would have lived in literally any of my past games with a 20 post limit, unless I actively gamed it.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Token Female posted:

Can you please answer:
-Why didn't you raise your suspicions of 50 earlier?
-Why do/did you find gulag scummy? (you post that he would be your 2nd choice if he didn't agree with you about 50, but you don't say why.)
-Is there anything in this game you find scummy other than b-minus' post about post counts?

- Because I was moderating the vote.
- Because he thinks a 70 postcount limit is a good idea.
- Meh, not really, game's been white noise until D3 because of the shitshow that has been presidential voting and peragame problems (no wincons, unclear alignments and flips). I only got actively pinged by the votecount stuff.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Gosh dang it I still have so many posts to make

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
I don’t even want to post anymore AMVs

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Why did I do this to myself?

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Gulag is town.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
TolenFemale is scum, followed by IronChefRamen

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
##vote TokenFemale ez money

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

Token female reads townie as hell to me JJ. Why do you think otherwise?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I think jj just bused his scumpartner iron chef ramen.

##vote jon joe

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

HA HA! YOU HAVE CHOSEN POORLY!

jon joe posted:

##vote TokenFemale ez money

Someone's trying in a game full of confused lurker town? SCUM

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

HA HA! YOU HAVE CHOSEN POORLY!

Token Female posted:

IronChefRamen: Lots of posts. No opinions. Even after being prompted. Also "confused" posts if you are someone that thinks that's a tell.

lol i'm confused in every game that i play

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Tired Moritz posted:

Nevergirls is posting a lot and honestly this is spooking me

What's up everyone.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
What's even going on in this thread at this point?

Call me out if I'm loving up:
50 is Prez
Fiddy has a "flavor" club vote going on
Fitty also has the power to increase the minimum post count required

Did we decide on 50+?

Are there any good cases, I don't want to read a ton of padding posts.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

What's even going on in this thread at this point?

Call me out if I'm loving up:
50 is Prez
Fiddy has a "flavor" club vote going on
Fitty also has the power to increase the minimum post count required

Did we decide on 50+?

Are there any good cases, I don't want to read a ton of padding posts.

I will though, that's what the good game of Mafia is about lol.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
That’s pretty much it, unfortunately. How is this game so dead

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
It's because I haven't been posting much, and I'm about to go see cat movie, so I won't be around for many more hours.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Oh right, I’m supposed to do this:

Scumspects:

##Li Downy who made a truly poor case on Bif that necessitated a complete ignorance of the course of the game

And...hmm.

##Atomic Soda is vaguely pinging me, but gently caress if I can determine why.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Hello friends! An unexpected visit to a doctor will almost certainly have me unavailable at deadline, for several hours prior, and for several hours after, please observe the following polite considerations for me:

- whenever hammer is, enjoy a twilight phase until 5PM PST / 8PM EST
- please stop all posting at 5PM PST / 8PM EST
- I would appreciate a good samaritan quoting this post following hammer and shortly before the end of said twilight phase
- I may be along at some point to just close the thread via mobile but I don't want to rely on being able to do that

I will post the end-of-day post as soon as I am able and close the thread at the same time. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
i'm too lazy to keep track of timezones are so i would probably not post after hammering

hey lets do some poking and send ##vote tobbs to detention

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
is pmush even aware that this game is still going on orrr

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Asiina posted:

It's because I haven't been posting much, and I'm about to go see cat movie, so I won't be around for many more hours.

I am ashamed by how long it took me to figure out what cat movie went. I went what the hell? googled cat movie... pondered more. realized. Truly, I am dumb.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Tired Moritz posted:

is pmush even aware that this game is still going on orrr

I thought about PMing them to check on them like some sort of weird stalker, but it looks like they haven't been around for a few days and sparsely before then.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I thought about PMing them to check on them like some sort of weird stalker, but it looks like they haven't been around for a few days and sparsely before then.

PMush if you see this, <3

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Is there another deadline today???

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
tobbs had made like 5 posts, jesus

he thrusts his fists against the post and still insists he sees the ghosts

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Tired Moritz posted:

tobbs had made like 5 posts, jesus

he thrusts his fists against the post and still insists he sees the ghosts

He's dead.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

loool

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

##vote Chic Trombone for a criminal lack of opinions.

I think it is a bad idea to assume there are no scum in this game, most of the deaths we've seen have been nightkils.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

oh :(

well then

##unvote

##vote p mush

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
at this point I see two possible scum tactics:

1. scum are pissed that one of their own is lurking, and will offer that person up for lynch to gain town cred
2. scum will attempt to start a wagon on a lurking town player because its an easy target

i think pmush is a bad candidate for lynch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

b-minus1 posted:

That’s pretty much it, unfortunately. How is this game so dead

Cause people just don't get the idea of having fun flavor times but ALSO playing Mafia. "oh no it doesn't say a wincon??" it's still called a Mafia(-like?) game, so if you're not in a scumdoc just assume you're town, come on, jeez

also all the discussion around lurker autokills revolves around Tobbs being one of the deaths

• Locked thread