Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

nmagness posted:

My non-store Citi visa card was rudely converted to a Citi MasterCard which is not accepted as a valid tithe. Is the Costco Citi Visa worth using outside the church if one were to apply for it?

4% cash back on gas anywhere, 3% cash back on dining and travel anywhere, 2% cash back at Costco, 1% cash back on everything else. No fee beyond being a Costco member.

My wife and I run everything through the card, even paying bills when available. I got like $600 back.

I ditched our Chase Sapphire because the straight cash back is worth more than the travel bonuses through the Chase card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

Wirth1000 posted:

Oh yah the kicker turned out to have Downs Syndrome and the Puncher/Dad when he realized went into "oh poo poo oh poo poo sorry" from what i remember of the full video

Well yeah, he kicked a child so he obviously has some sort of mental deficiency. He's still getting a knuckle sandwich if that's my kid though

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
My costco constantly sees me only buying 24 of hard cider. Hopefully they don't see me as a degenerate drunk.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

FogHelmut posted:

4% cash back on gas anywhere, 3% cash back on dining and travel anywhere, 2% cash back at Costco, 1% cash back on everything else. No fee beyond being a Costco member.

My wife and I run everything through the card, even paying bills when available. I got like $600 back.

I ditched our Chase Sapphire because the straight cash back is worth more than the travel bonuses through the Chase card.

I’m thinking of doing this but I don’t want to give up the Sapphire because it’s nice to be able to convert points through Ultimate Rewards. Right now we use the Sapphire for travel/dining, Freedom for the quarterly categories, and Freedom Unlimited for everything else.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
praise be upon the 1/4 pound hot dog and drink (with free refill)

secular woods sex
Aug 1, 2000
I dispense wisdom by the gallon.
Allahu snackbar

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I swear to Christ I’m letting my membership expire if they don’t do anything about these sampler mooches who make navigating the store literally impossible to navigate. Doubly so since I’ve discovered Smart and Final offer most of what I buy at nearly the same prices.

I’m proud to have never taken a sample and never will.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

FCKGW posted:

I swear to Christ I’m letting my membership expire if they don’t do anything about these sampler mooches who make navigating the store literally impossible to navigate. Doubly so since I’ve discovered Smart and Final offer most of what I buy at nearly the same prices.

I’m proud to have never taken a sample and never will.

Yeah it makes going to Costco on weekends a nightmare. I'm all for the samples but why are the best free samples always in the areas of the store with the worst congestion issues? Then you have idiots who stand around waiting for more to come out of the oven and block all available walk ways.

The only time I've ever waited for a sample was when they were giving out crackers with cream cheese and smoked salmon. Even then, I stood way off to the side. it was loving worth it.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

It's like some people have never had a cracker before, they have to push you out of the way to stand in the middle of the aisle entrance to taste one.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

nmagness posted:

My non-store Citi visa card was rudely converted to a Citi MasterCard which is not accepted as a valid tithe. Is the Costco Citi Visa worth using outside the church if one were to apply for it?

It's pretty much the best card for general purpose use if you don't want to go all in on a bunch of different cards for each type of spending.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Taima posted:

Did we read the same story? She was never ok with the transaction "once she was aware they were married", in fact she specifically indicated twice that she wasn't even after understanding that they were together (marital status is completely irrelevant in terms of these rules btw) she just shut the gently caress up and completed the transaction, which was the right move because she was being an idiot. We know from the story that the cashier was already completing the transaction when she was told, near the end, that they were married, so obviously that didn't change the calculus.

She also specifically indicated that she found the general transaction against the store rules, which backs up my synopsis a lot more than it backs up yours.

sorry I just don't agree with your points, nor do I feel that you are accurately portraying the story as written. That's ok though, I doubt either of us wants to argue about this and it's fine to have different opinions.

Question: Would she have suspected them if the missus were white?
Implication: Race-based inclusion in 'the set of all persons to be suspicious of'

Question: If she suspected them anyways and they were white, would she have given them poo poo? Given the, "you people," angle I would assume not
Implication: Race-based exclusion from 'the set of all customers not to hassle'

I really don't think I'm reaching here

it's just another example of useless racial-profiling yielding a false-positive (which is all it ever does).

Accretionist fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Feb 20, 2018

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

So I am very confused. I took my car for an oil change at the dealer. I've been mostly been filling it with Costco gas since I got it in October. The dealer recommended I not fill it with Costco gas.

The gently caress? :raise:

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Detective No. 27 posted:

So I am very confused. I took my car for an oil change at the dealer. I've been mostly been filling it with Costco gas since I got it in October. The dealer recommended I not fill it with Costco gas.

I want to say don't take your car to the dealer for oil changes but who the gently caress knows.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Detective No. 27 posted:

Does the dealer own a gas station?

One time I took my car in for a warranty issue, and the dealer gave me poo poo for changing my own oil.

Costco is Top Tier gas - http://www.toptiergas.com/

https://www.costco.com/kirkland-signature-gasoline.html

Do you have an exceptionally old car where the engine deposits have filled in gaps in the seals and rings?

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Renegret posted:

Yeah it makes going to Costco on weekends a nightmare. I'm all for the samples but why are the best free samples always in the areas of the store with the worst congestion issues? Then you have idiots who stand around waiting for more to come out of the oven and block all available walk ways.

The only time I've ever waited for a sample was when they were giving out crackers with cream cheese and smoked salmon. Even then, I stood way off to the side. it was loving worth it.

Idk what it is but people will just circle the samples by the freezer section like vultures at mine. You get people starting to wait around as soon as food gets put in the oven.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

1500quidporsche posted:

Idk what it is but people will just circle the samples by the freezer section like vultures at mine. You get people starting to wait around as soon as food gets put in the oven.

It's the $60 card'ers getting ready for dinner time while the $120'ers are trying to actually buy poo poo and get back to their Audi Q5s before some $60'er puts a ding in it with their broken down Corolla.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Wirth1000 posted:

It's the $60 card'ers getting ready for dinner time while the $120'ers are trying to actually buy poo poo and get back to their Audi Q5s before some $60'er puts a ding in it with their broken down Corolla.

Costco strives for a classless society, did you not read the literature?

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

Detective No. 27 posted:

The dealer recommended I not fill it with Costco gas.
My sister at one point also told me "Costco gas is damaging to cars". Feels a lot like one of those "The Mexicans pee in the Corona" type of lies a competitor might start.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Nonbelievers have this idea that because it costs less it must be low quality.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

Go back to Whole Foods. You have learned nothing.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Detective No. 27 posted:

Dealerships are full of idiots who say stuff like this. Ignore it. Also, unless you are under warranty, do not under and circumstance take your car to a dealership for repairs/oil/tire changes.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I have free oil changes from the dealer for 5 years. Otherwise I wouldn't have bothered going there. The thing is I didn't mention that I use Costco gas. So I'm baffled as how they knew. They don't have their own gas.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Go back to Whole Foods. You have learned nothing.

Remember that it is the sinners who need church the most.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

InternetJunky posted:

My sister at one point also told me "Costco gas is damaging to cars". Feels a lot like one of those "The Mexicans pee in the Corona" type of lies a competitor might start.

LOL at anyone who thinks that different brands of gas come from different refineries. Its all the same folks, just that some brands get an additive or two.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
Whats this? A sample of a tortilla chip and bit of salsa that I have zero intention of buying and already know exactly what its going to taste like? Better leave my cart sideways across the entire aisle while I wait for a sample.

Except theres 100 people doing this throughout the 10 sample tables they have.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...
Costco gas is legitimately good fuel. It’s very highly regarded in the performance car scene and it’s what all of my cars subsist on. Their 93 octane is very high quality and has never been an issue in my sports car, and I monitor engine parameters very closely.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i wish California sold 93. :sigh:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Chinatown posted:

Dealerships are full of idiots who say stuff like this. Ignore it. Also, unless you are under warranty, do not under and circumstance take your car to a dealership for repairs/oil/tire changes.

Why? With all the coupons my dealer gives me it comes out to the same price as jiffy libe or whatever. It's not like im gonna get anything else done there besides the oil change. And in my experience, the guys at my dealership don't leave a mess around the pan and such like I sometimes get at a jiffy lube.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Chinatown posted:

i wish California sold 93. :sigh:

You can find them, you just gotta know where to go
http://www.240turbo.com/Unleaded_Racing_Fuel_in_SoCal.html

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo
The sample stands are my least favorite thing about Costco. Every now and then they have something good that's on sale that I'll try but mostly it's just normal stuff. Fuckin old people leaving their carts all over the place so they can get a piece of Annie's pop tarts or a few almonds. Seriously guys, you've never tasted pop tarts before?

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Why? With all the coupons my dealer gives me it comes out to the same price as jiffy libe or whatever. It's not like im gonna get anything else done there besides the oil change. And in my experience, the guys at my dealership don't leave a mess around the pan and such like I sometimes get at a jiffy lube.

My personal experience is that dealers tend to be lazy fuckers but I mostly do my own work on my vehicles.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Ghostnuke posted:

Well yeah, he kicked a child so he obviously has some sort of mental deficiency. He's still getting a knuckle sandwich if that's my kid though

Please don't hit mentally ill people at church, or maybe anywhere.

tacosupreme
Jun 24, 2006
ask me about men.

InternetJunky posted:

I am white, my wife is East Indian. I was unloading our shopping cart for checkout so I gave my wife my Costco card to give to the cashier. Cashier, after checking the photo on the card, launches into a huge spiel about how my wife can't use someone else's Costco card. When my wife points out that the card belongs to me (still unloading at the time), cashier gets even more exasperated saying "he's not allowed to buy stuff for you on his card either." She went into a huge speech about how she'll get in trouble if she allows this and "she's sick and tired of dealing with people like you" and honestly I don't remember everything because I was a bit stunned by the exchange. Finally I asked if she gave all married couples this hard of a time when shopping together and she shut up and finished ringing everything up.

This happened to me and my mom. We're both white. She had to pay for both of our things and we took an extra trip to an ATM. Sucked.

tacosupreme fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Feb 21, 2018

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Kiranamos posted:

Please don't hit mentally ill people at church, or maybe anywhere.

You hit a child, you get decked. I think it's written in the Magna Carta or 10 commandments or something.

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

You hit a child, you get decked. I think it's written in the Magna Carta or 10 commandments or something.

There's definitely exceptions though

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

say no to bats posted:

There's definitely exceptions though

Wait, are you saying that I CAN'T punch hitler?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

nmagness posted:

I think someone did the numbers in this thread and it's basically the best cash back credit card period. I can't remember though. Either way it's fantastic. I started using mine in May last year and I got $153 back. And I don't use it to pay bills or anything. Just all discretionary spending.

jesus christ you guys are arguing about that story? Just eat a dog and relax.

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Wait, are you saying that I CAN'T punch hitler?

More of a litmus test.

naem
May 29, 2011

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

Remember that it is the sinners who need church the most.

Let he who has not overpaid at Safeway cast the first stone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

belt posted:

Every now and then they have something good that's on sale that I'll try but mostly it's just normal stuff.

Today was a good day. They had a sample kiosk for Krispy Kreme donuts, which we rarely get around here, so I picked up a pack. It’s devilish hard to get a good donut around here since Tim Horton’s went down the shitter.