Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tjones
May 13, 2005
Possibly. But if all shields have this modifier by default, why was it turned off to begin with? Check-mate.

Id post a sarcastic smiley but I'm on phone and low effort right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Btw that wasn't a joke quote

amp.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6TTS/comments/7yy0wb/update_on_blitzs_speed_change

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6TTS/comments/7ywssy/heres_your_mk14_recoil_with_finkas_adrenalin/?st=jdw1did8&sh=7d809eb9

:allears:

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

It's gonna be a great patch

By the way has anyone noted yet that adrenaline should have exactly the opposite effect?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Cup Runneth Over posted:

By the way has anyone noted yet that adrenaline should have exactly the opposite effect?

Uh-huh, the thing with remotely activated blood stream nanobot payloads that completely shatters my suspension of disbelief is the part where adrenalin doesn't have a realistic effect on people.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Cup Runneth Over posted:

It's gonna be a great patch

What?

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Adrenaline and the resulting heart beat increase causes reduction in fine motor control.

Twist And Pout!
Sep 3, 2011
ugh god have you seen a SINGLE action movie?

adrenaline makes time move slower, allowing you to fine tune your aiming and react with superhuman speed

tjones
May 13, 2005
Maybe the nanobots also inject bandits drugs at the same time and the adrenaline keeps you from dying of overdose. Ever thought about that?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

poo poo u rite, glad we got Jack Trades leading the relentless contrarian brigade to set things straight

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Outbreak mode is ok. Everything is really bullet spongey. The larger baddies look like rejects from Evolve and Tachanka is still useless because every room has spawns on all sides so you just get punched in the butthole the entire time if you try to use his LMG.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

How hard is the pandemic mode? I wanna get those charms.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Cup Runneth Over posted:

poo poo u rite, glad we got Jack Trades leading the relentless contrarian brigade to set things straight

luv u 2 bby <3

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
Don't sweat, y'all.

quote:

We have been investigating the reports about Blitz’s speed change, and we have found a data error that made him faster than initially intended. There is a mobility modifier for all shields that reduces the operator speed, and this was not active for Blitz at the launch of the Test Server. This will be fixed. His base speed will still be from a 2-speed operator, but his shield will bring a reduction to that speed. This reduction in speed will be live on the Test Servers as soon as we can confirm the fix; target is tomorrow.

Regarding the reports where Blitz can fire his pistol before the sprint animation is over, this is only viewable from first person and cannot be exploited. When in 3rd person Blitz will be exposed as normal when hip-firing his weapon, but the animation is more present due to the hand repositioning. We are working on a solution for a later patch to make the gameplay match the visual better.

There are other aspects of Blitz that we’re considering closely thanks to your feedback, but we need more time and gameplay stats to take decisions on those. We encourage you to test the Test Server build with the reduced speed and share your feedback on the Test Server subreddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6TTS/comments/7yy0wb/update_on_blitzs_speed_change/

tjones
May 13, 2005

ubilol posted:

and cannot be exploited

Hold my beer.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

afkmacro posted:

Hard as gently caress. Really requires coordination. We had a blast with it, really loving outbreak.

I don't think you can get the charms though because the challenges are not active on TTS.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Basticle posted:

I know this is the dead horse you love to beat but would you rather they do the EA/Activision thing and just release a whole new game every year that just fractures the community?

I would definitely love for a proper Rainbow Six game with the current destruction technology so I am actually a little disappointed. I'd love a proper single-player campaign again to play co-op with.

Also are they ever going to get rid of Kanal entirely? That map is loving terrible, I much prefer Bartlett over Kanal.

How are these Outbreak maps leaving the game anyways? Are they maps that we get to play regular Siege on after the event or are they just getting deleted/locked out when it's over?

Tumble fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Feb 20, 2018

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
If they do make a sequel to Rainbow Six Siege it will most likely be in the form of a total overhaul of the existing game. They'll say something like it's an "engine overhaul" but really they'll be migrating existing assets to a new game.

Also I have the feeling that this Outbreak mode is going to post up some HUGE numbers and get them thinking about more single player content.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

I'm too lazy to look, can anyone tell me when the outbreak stuff goes live on console?

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

If they do make a sequel to Rainbow Six Siege it will most likely be in the form of a total overhaul of the existing game. They'll say something like it's an "engine overhaul" but really they'll be migrating existing assets to a new game.

Also I have the feeling that this Outbreak mode is going to post up some HUGE numbers and get them thinking about more single player content.

I would be flat-out thrilled if they just added a few different bad guy models and some different scenarios on maps. Like playing t-hunt hostage rescue on Tower is actually really fun, it would be nice if they'd just make a few random scenarios and tweaked the AI a bit so they actually take cover behind some of the objects.

If you get a few people sneaking around with suppressors it's fun, it would just be nice if there wasn't a literal army of the exact same dudes wearing masks.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

The Bananana posted:

I'm too lazy to look, can anyone tell me when the outbreak stuff goes live on console?

March 6

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

afkmacro posted:

Really hard

Shotguns are incredible though

Great Beer posted:

Outbreak mode is ok. Everything is really bullet spongey. The larger baddies look like rejects from Evolve and Tachanka is still useless because every room has spawns on all sides so you just get punched in the butthole the entire time if you try to use his LMG.

Have you heard of corners? He was really useful when I tried him.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Lmao I'm really glad I got to experience boss mode blitz before they realized it was a bug. The new operators are both very very good, they probably shouldn't have guns as good as they do

Cling-Wrap Condom
Jul 23, 2015

I'm tryna get my peen touched, pants.

Fart Car '97 posted:

Lmao I'm really glad I got to experience boss mode blitz before they realized it was a bug. The new operators are both very very good, they probably shouldn't have guns as good as they do

counterpoint: every OP should have at least one blatantly OP gun because this game is at it's best when everyone is in a constant state of utter fear

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Have you heard of corners? He was really useful when I tried him.

Yep. They then started dropping out of the ceiling.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

lmao

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWmoLaPQyc4

that's IQ @ 1:30s

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
Is Ubisoft still set on Outbreak being a timed thing?

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
yes and that’s because it’s designed to get you to spend $$$ on limited time outbreak packs

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
congrats to all the early investors that bought the ash zombie skin and now will have ash zombie guns

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
lol @ outbreak packs being the same garbage recycled skins. just make the yellow radiation suit color universal and call it a day ubi.

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.
Imagine picking your skins and uniforms because of how tatical they are and not because they look cool.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

asterioth posted:

Imagine picking your skins and uniforms because of how tatical they are and not because they look cool.

Are you saying pink guns are not tactical!?

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

unlawfulsoup posted:

Mods?

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.

unlawfulsoup posted:

Tatical and cool. I'm talking about the people who Have to wear the blood orchard/other non fun uniforms at all times.

tjones
May 13, 2005

asterioth posted:

Tatical and cool. I'm talking about the people who Have to wear the blood orchard/other non fun uniforms at all times.

Black uniform Doc is the best Doc. But Lumberjack Buck is amazing.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
Well, I guess no dupes will make it sting less. All in.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

asterioth posted:

I like the way gloves look while using the Blood Orchid uniforms. Doc loses his white gloves, I don't like tan so Blackbeard becomes 100% more visually appealing, I dislike the blue that Hibana/Echo have on their uniform as well as the Spetsnaz camo, etc. The only case in which I'd say I use it because of actual gameplay reasons is Frost/Buck, because white stands out like crazy.

And now we get two bright yellow ops. gently caress.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Is this a Mortal Kombat 1 Sonya skin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
If that is a real IQ elite skin you just know her elite animation will be her taking a selfie.