Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

gently caress the Bulls for depriving us of more Lauri

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Carlosologist posted:

gently caress the Bulls for depriving us of more Lauri

Lauri Dunn and Lavine are the starters with Nwaba and Felicio. Only grant is out of the rotation.

Lauri's minutes aren't changing.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Oh, I guess the wording of that tweet was unclear, or I guess I’m an idiot

Leaning towards the latter!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Why did the Bulls pay Felicio 32 million dollars again

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Tae posted:

Why did the Bulls pay Felicio 32 million dollars again

Hahah last year you kept freaking out that they played Bobby Portis more than Felicio

What a year for Bobby Two Eyes

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
There's no getting around how bad that Felicio contract is, but I think he could still look good if he plays next to a point guard who has any semblance of how to run the pick-and-roll with a big man

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I wanted Felicio to get more playing time

That doesn't translate to giving him 8 goddamn million annual dollars a year for a back-up big

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
To be fair, the Bulls signed that contract at one of the last moments that seemed like a reasonable enough contract for a solid backup big. It wouldn't have looked out of place in the previous offseason, but it became quickly apparent after Felicio agreed to a contract that the market for big men had way dried up.

Now nobody has money to toss around and Felicio is not even living up to "solid backup big" expectations and the contract became a big dud

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Nwaba is actually good so that might actually be an upgrade. Felicio though has been real bad.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Starting Cam Payne at PG would be a great way to tank

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Cool Buff Man posted:

Hahah last year you kept freaking out that they played Bobby Portis more than Felicio

Let it be known that I have always believed in Bobby Portis and supported him, even when he punched a guy who I'm just going to assume was racist, don't correct me I didn't pay attention to that story after the first day.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

leftist heap posted:

Starting Cam Payne at PG would be a great way to tank

*blows the metapod horn*

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Cool Buff Man posted:

Bobby Jawbreaker. Bobby Judge Doom Eyes. How many other players have mafia names?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Mr. Mambold posted:

Bobby Jawbreaker. Bobby Judge Doom Eyes. How many other players have mafia names?

Frankie Smokes

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Any chance of Zack Randolph being bought out? What notable players in general are going to get bought out?

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Any chance of Zack Randolph being bought out? What notable players in general are going to get bought out?

Good playoff teams still have 10 days left in which to sign Bobby Buckets

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Could Miami buy out Dwayne Wade so that he could return to Cleveland?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Portis was exceptionally bad last year and Felicio was somehow good.

Difference this year is they figured out how to use Bobby. He's not a PF, he's a Center. He's still pretty bad defensively but being able to switch 1-5 makes up for his deficiencies. He can also shoot a bit and when he plays with a stretch 4 gives the offense a ton of spacing.

I don't know if he's NBA starter caliber but I think he's a nice big off the bench who can slay bums.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Draft thread is dead so I'll post about it here but seeing the latest ESPN Mock draft and . . . while I don't know how good or bad the order of the players is yet, the understanding of what teams need is even worse than Chad Ford's.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

MourningView posted:

Let it be known that I have always believed in Bobby Portis and supported him, even when he punched a guy who I'm just going to assume was racist, don't correct me I didn't pay attention to that story after the first day.

My friend saw him at the liquor store just after he murdered all those Wizards, he and his friends were buying a shopping cart full of fancy stuff and the store’s entire stock of orange juice

Rick posted:

Draft thread is dead so I'll post about it here but seeing the latest ESPN Mock draft and . . . while I don't know how good or bad the order of the players is yet, the understanding of what teams need is even worse than Chad Ford's.

Isn’t it the DX people now? They’ve never really tried on need until way closer

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

I think buyout season is pretty much done? Joe Johnson, Greg Monroe and Brandan Wright already did it.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA

Dejan Bimble posted:

Could Miami buy out Dwayne Wade so that he could return to Cleveland?

Like a staph infection

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

morestuff posted:

The DX people really know how to break it down

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

leftist heap posted:

Starting Cam Payne at PG would be a great way to make the playoffs

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Ugh

quote:

Josh Lewenberg: With the buyout market expected to heat up in the next 10 days and the Raptors still intending to fill their vacant 15th roster spot, one guy to keep an eye on is Orlando’s Arron Afflalo.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

morestuff posted:

My friend saw him at the liquor store just after he murdered all those Wizards, he and his friends were buying a shopping cart full of fancy stuff and the store’s entire stock of orange juice

It is the DX guys. Not caring about need until later would make sense.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Aaron Afflalo was cooked 3 years ago but still coasting along nicely on that name reputation

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

WhyteRyce posted:

Aaron Afflalo was cooked 3 years ago but still coasting along nicely on that name reputation

Hence the "ugh". Although Leuewenberg elaborated and pointed out that it's possibly also partly because Arron played for Ujiri in Denver. Not that it makes me feel any better. I'd rather get Ilyasova or Randolph but if they're not available, they're not available.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Agreed, starting Cam to help you get higher draft picks will definitely be a great way to make the playoffs down the road.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

IcePhoenix posted:

Assuming he's using this search, no he is not.

e: apparently not quite the same search

Yeah I just clicked center, which includes guys they consider "c" and "c-f" but not "f-c". If you expand to include f-c, then you get Davis and Aldridge but drop Horford and Valanciunas so it's a wash. It carries pretty decently farther down too, there are a lot of great to good bigs in the league who were taken late.

Rick posted:

I think some of it is that it's really hard to draft a guy who has no offensive potential at all, and teams would rather draft a big with nice form on his jumper than is an athlete with no offensive ability. Which leads to a lot of post-10 "well he kind of hits shots, or at least he looks like he can hit a shot, we can probably athletic him up." It looks like it is in fact difficult to improve the athleticism of bigs (I do think the NBA does a pretty good job of getting guards who aren't great athletes to be at the very least acceptable by an NBA standard). Also "you can't teach height" so the NBA shies away from guys under 7 feet, even if they're complete, or at least have the strong potential to be complete packages. Frankly most of the front offices who have been picking in the 20s recently are better than the ones picking in the teens, and the teams picking in the 10s should just in theory have easier decisions.

No doubt a big part of it is that smart teams are already picking in the late 20s or second round, and the lottery is easier. For sure. Also plural of anecdote but whatever.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
"Political" Cam Payne is the worst basketball player I ever seen make it to the NBA

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/KingJames/status/965775548067676160

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

Metapod posted:

Starting Cam Payne at PG would be a great way to make the G League playoffs

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

Cool Buff Man posted:

"Political" Cam Payne is the worst basketball player I ever seen make it to the NBA

this is good but i like "Single Player" more

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

bobby's nickname is the krazy eyez killa

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lmao they're bringing lavine off the bench? gotta depress those numbers for the RFA market, I guess.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Brolander posted:

this is good but i like "Single Player" more

Ahah I like that too

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Cam Payne slander is not welcome here

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

R.D. Mangles posted: