Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Yesterday was the 50th anniversary of Mister Rogers' Neighborhood. In celebration, please enjoy this moment where Mr. Rogers was made the honorary captain of the Penguins, temporarily borrowed the host's mic, and skated off like a boss:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUT6j9ULSxA&t=122s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
So apparently Kempny is going to be slotted in with Carlson, and then they're going to move Djoos to the right side to play with Orpik.

Orlov-Niskanen
Kempny-John Carlson
Orpik-Djoos

RIP Djoos.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

I agree and Ryan is basically an NJ native but that contract is bad for a slow player and I don't think they'd have the assets.

Well maybe not. It would instantly make them legit contenders.

I'd be fine with taking on the contract as long as EK could be signed to an extension. To be honest Ryan would help this year, they could use another skilled forward even in his current state. The problem, is yeah -- the assets. Looking at guys the Devils could actually afford to move that Ottawa might actually have interest in:

D: Santini/Butcher/Severson
F: Zacha/Bratt/Wood
Prospects: McLeod/Quenneville/Boqvist/Anderson

+ This year's first.

A bunch of B tier crap really.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Lou would never make a move as bold as trading for Karlsson, he’d much rather bleed picks for role players that leave after first round exits and sign Karlsson when he’s old and busted.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I feel like the best way to make a deal with this new look Sens management is to take Melnyk out to the rippers and just do some old school sales.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

CBJSprague24 posted:

Yesterday was the 50th anniversary of Mister Rogers' Neighborhood. In celebration, please enjoy this moment where Mr. Rogers was made the honorary captain of the Penguins, temporarily borrowed the host's mic, and skated off like a boss:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUT6j9ULSxA&t=122s

The best part is the honorary captain's sweater is an actual sweater with the NHL logo and the captain's "C" not a Hockey sweater.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Would be really sweet if the isles could make some kind of move towards EK, they have 2 firsts and 2 seconds in what is supposed to be a strong draft but garth snow seems committed to hanging on to them. Not sure how they'd make it work if they had to take Ryan back though, it would certainly cost them bailey and de Haan in the offseason.

z0331
Oct 2, 2003

Holtby thy name

Chad Sexington posted:

So apparently Kempny is going to be slotted in with Carlson, and then they're going to move Djoos to the right side to play with Orpik.

Orlov-Niskanen
Kempny-John Carlson
Orpik-Djoos

RIP Djoos.

I look forward to the next JaspersRink or RMNB article showing how Djoos's stats plummeted the instant he was paired up with Orpik.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
https://twitter.com/bh_/status/966062156813811712

the night is darkest before the dawn.

in the canucks case, the sun never rises.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

T-Bone posted:

I'd be fine with taking on the contract as long as EK could be signed to an extension. To be honest Ryan would help this year, they could use another skilled forward even in his current state. The problem, is yeah -- the assets. Looking at guys the Devils could actually afford to move that Ottawa might actually have interest in:

D: Santini/Butcher/Severson
F: Zacha/Bratt/Wood
Prospects: McLeod/Quenneville/Boqvist/Anderson

+ This year's first.

A bunch of B tier crap really.

you shut up about joey anderson

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."
Leafs traded Fehr to San Jose for a 2020 7th, which is like 1/2 step above "Future Considerations".

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Bye, Fehr. I forgot you existed.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I had no idea Eric Fehr was still under contract with the Leafs.

Also why would anybody trade for Eric Fehr in 2018.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Thufir posted:

Leafs traded Fehr to San Jose for a 2020 7th, which is like 1/2 step above "Future Considerations".

They took him back as a salary dump in the Frankie Corrado trade, so I guess it's cool that they get technically something back for him.

This also opens another 50-man spot, which I guess could be worrying given that Lou has been sniffing around Luke Glendening.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

Hand Knit posted:

They took him back as a salary dump in the Frankie Corrado trade, so I guess it's cool that they get technically something back for him.

This also opens another 50-man spot, which I guess could be worrying given that Lou has been sniffing around Luke Glendening.

I hope Mike Babcock has some control in the front office because he would definitely trade a 1st round pick for Glendening.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

The Glendening talk reminds me of how all the Wings fans were talking about how the Leafs were for sure going to sign Abdelkader too and how’d that go.

I don’t really understand why people in the org are so down on Moore, or how swapping around 4th line centres would have any real impact on this roster, but it seems pretty inevitable that they get another body in and I just hope they don’t give up too much.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Do you want Justin Abdelkader?

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Neodoomium posted:

Do you want Justin Abdelkader?

"sir, lou lamoriello is on hold"

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

patch him in

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

corn on the cop posted:

you shut up about joey anderson

I mean I have a Bratt jersey, but for EK though? Who knows, look at what Joe Thornton got.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

Koopa Kid posted:

The Glendening talk reminds me of how all the Wings fans were talking about how the Leafs were for sure going to sign Abdelkader too and how’d that go.

I don’t really understand why people in the org are so down on Moore, or how swapping around 4th line centres would have any real impact on this roster, but it seems pretty inevitable that they get another body in and I just hope they don’t give up too much.

Honestly I'm okay with Moore on the 4th line. He's competent and isn't expected to do anything other than tie up the other side without taking penalties. I think our 4th line is fine.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

yellowcar posted:

Why would he want to play for an even lamer franchise???

lol at saying the leafs are a lamer franchise than the loving senators.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Thufir posted:

The case study for the dividing line between assets and Future Considerations is when Fredrik Modin was traded to LA in 2010 for a conditional 7th round pick. The condition was "The Kings win the Stanley Cup".

In other words, he was traded for the last pick in the draft IF it was the last pick in the draft.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Feb 21, 2018

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They're named after a leaf and don't even spell it correctly.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
The Leafs are a better place to be in every way. They can pay more, they're more competitive, bigger media market. Plus if Karlsson is mad at Melnyk, what better way to stick a knife in him than sign with the Sens' biggest rival?

I know it's trendy and easy to mock the Leafs but it's simply a reality that right now, they're an intriguing landing spot for some folks. Not to the point Toronto media makes it out to be; Stamkos probably never considered going there. But I could see Tavares at least using them as a bargaining chip, though, and they'll probably get at least one big ticket UFA this offseason.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug

Aphrodite posted:

They're named after a leaf and don't even spell it correctly.

Still better than the Arenas.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

I don't want anymore defencemen that can't play defence. :colbert:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Seth Jones is wearing an A with Foligno out of the lineup tonight.

Aaron Portzline says Boston, Toronto, and Washington may be in on JMFJ and that the CBJ kicked the tires on Duchene, Turris, and Derek Stepan in the offseason.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

CBJSprague24 posted:

Seth Jones is wearing an A with Foligno out of the lineup tonight.

Aaron Portzline says Boston, Toronto, and Washington may be in on JMFJ and that the CBJ kicked the tires on Duchene, Turris, and Derek Stepan in the offseason.

Bet they're glad Duchene didn't end up there.

Are Duchene's struggles system based? Like would he become better if he ended up in Dallas or something?

on spec
Feb 2, 2014

i want gus nyquist

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

on spec posted:

i want gus nyquist

You have to take Abdelkader too

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Are Duchene's struggles system based? Like would he become better if he ended up in Dallas or something?

Duchene has looked fantastic lately, one of the few bright spots on this dumpster fire

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

DuhSal posted:

lol at saying the leafs are a lamer franchise than the loving senators.

no sports team from toronto will ever be cool

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

yellowcar posted:

Do pro wrestlers count?

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

yellowcar posted:

We need to keep the Argos so the Ticats can beat them on Labour Day.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

Pillbug

yellowcar posted:

that's just like, your opinion man. i disagree :) and in fact the jays were very cool not too long ago.

edit: I'd also argue the leafs are pretty cool right now anyway.

DuhSal fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Feb 21, 2018

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

i literally just found out about the mrazek trade. what the gently caress? a loving conditional pick, no better than a third rounder?

jesus christ, ken holland

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
Benning went on a local radio station this afternoon and said that he expects this trade deadline to be a quiet one [for vancouver] because teams that are:

a) already in the playoff window don't want to give up picks or prospects for rentals
b) on the bubble also don't want to

so no one wants to, so he isn't going to do anything. Again. Last year was a fluke, this man is an idiot, and I hate him

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

El Gallinero Gros posted:

He has something like 20 points in his last 20 games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

on spec
Feb 2, 2014

Neodoomium posted:

You have to take Abdelkader too

dont show this to me at this point in the season

i love mcavoy so much. i love nurse so much

• Locked thread