Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Not surprising all you trump voting douchebags don’t see the inherent racism in this whole situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Harton posted:

Not surprising all you trump voting douchebags don’t see the inherent racism in this whole situation.

:cripes:

Can you guys stop making GBS threads up the Costco thread please. It was a lovely situation where they were treated unfairly. Probably racist.

Ok cool, let's carry on.

I didn't get a letter in the mail but an email for my cash back reward. My printer isn't working. :mad:

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

You hit a child, you get decked. I think it's written in the Magna Carta or 10 commandments or something.

Yeah, this rule pretty much trumps everything else.

Suzuran
Sep 14, 2012

Chinatown posted:

Dealerships are full of idiots who say stuff like this. Ignore it. Also, unless you are under warranty, do not under and circumstance take your car to a dealership for repairs/oil/tire changes.

A dealership is a sales organization, not a service organization. It's in their best interest to sell you new stuff, not maintain your old stuff. Their job is to do whatever they can to keep you buying, including deliberately break things if they think they can get away with it.

An elderly family friend complained that every time her car went to the dealer for regular service, she was constantly buying new fluids, to the point that she believed she had a leak "or something". The car had never been anywhere but the dealer since her late husband had bought it new a few years prior. It had less than 100,000 miles on it. Her grandson and I decided to check what we could find in the Haynes manual ourselves before the car went in for service and found nothing low. We told her we had checked everything and if the dealer found anything low he was lying to her.

She goes in, they make her wait around an hour while they "check everything" and then come back telling her that her brake fluid is very low and she needs to have it changed and bled, which will take two hours of service and $50 of fluid. She called him a liar and demanded to leave. They told her it was unsafe to let her drive away and they would have to call the police on her, and she would be arrested for driving an unsafe vehicle. She insisted, and they returned her keys and let her leave. A few miles down the road, her brakes fail and she rear-ends someone at a stop light. She calls her grandson crying and asks him to call her insurance man.

The grandson smells a rat and calls the insurance guy, explaining what has gone on. Insurance guy agrees the situation stinks out loud and has the car towed to an independent shop for inspection.

Dealership is LIVID. They call her and threaten her with lawyers, saying that anyone else touching the car is a violation of their warranty and they can seize the car back from her unless she gets it to their shop IMMEDIATELY. She panics, but the insurance man had already gotten to the shop and the inspection was already done. They found the brake bleed screw had been opened and then incompletely closed. The assholes at the dealership had opened it, drained out fluid to make it low, then (deliberately or otherwise) failed to close it when they let her leave. Cue insurance company's lawyers.

I don't know if the dealership lost or settled, but the car was totaled and the insurance company bought her a new car from a different dealership. The dealership eventually was bought out by a competitor and no longer exists.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Please stop being bad in this thread. I wanna hear some trip reports about dogs and refill(s)

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I had a dog today, but rather than get a refill I decided to treat myself to a caramel sundae.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I didn't get a letter in the mail but an email for my cash back reward. My printer isn't working. :mad:

You don't need to print out the email. Just go in there and show them the email on your phone, they can just scan the barcode on it and cash it for you. If the rebate is for more than $500 there is a good chance they will have to write you a check for the amount that you can take to the bank.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Harton posted:

gently caress off bitch

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

if you're down with fish i recommend the pickled herring for sale at costco. it's a big rear end jar and has a very mild flavor but is pretty dang good.

also the organic salsa, holy gently caress.

i even got some interlocking rubber floor pads for like $12.

PBUC

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Please stop being bad in this thread. I wanna hear some trip reports about dogs and refill(s)

tryin' to cook dinner here but every time i open the freezer i just see those Kirkland dogs and am like "maybe i should just....eh...eat a few with some Normandy blend?

gonna have to try that combo eventually.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Another key Costco fish win: the super cheap and delicious rock fish that flosses like a superstar in your fish tacos or just fried up

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Here's a new one. I rent a really great end unit three floor condo and have for 2.5 years. My landlord hit me with the news yesterday that I have to leave at the end of May or he's offering to sell it to me and it's a pretty solid price. I don't wanna move yet so.... anybody have any experience with a Costco mortgage?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Jingleheimer posted:

You don't need to print out the email. Just go in there and show them the email on your phone, they can just scan the barcode on it and cash it for you. If the rebate is for more than $500 there is a good chance they will have to write you a check for the amount that you can take to the bank.

I didn't even know you could scan a barcode from your phone.

:corsair:

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

jerry seinfel posted:

if you're down with fish i recommend the pickled herring for sale at costco. it's a big rear end jar and has a very mild flavor but is pretty dang good.

PBUC

True story - My father in law has to have pickled herring on Christmas. I always have some out of obligation, and it's always super gross. This year we picked up a jar from Costco, and holy poo poo, it was actually good. No one at the table believed me until they one by one tried some, and before you knew it, the whole jar was gone.

Taima posted:

Another key Costco fish win: the super cheap and delicious rock fish that flosses like a superstar in your fish tacos or just fried up

Hell yeah, wild caught and $5 a lb. I buy that poo poo and freeze it.

Also I just bought a dungeness crab for $8. Goddamn thats cheap. I think $5 or $6 per lb. I ate it, it was great. Will buy more.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

jerry seinfel posted:

PBUC

It's tasty but jalapeno heat levels vary wildly and they do absolutely nothing to account for it. Sometimes you'll get a weak lot so keep something on hand to bump up the heat.

The pickled herring is good stuff.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

I can’t find an email or letter from Costco for my cash back. Any advice?

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Snowmankilla posted:

I can’t find an email or letter from Costco for my cash back. Any advice?

I'm waiting too. It goes out when your February bill closes out, mine happens to be near end of month.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

Tim Whatley posted:

Here's a new one. I rent a really great end unit three floor condo and have for 2.5 years. My landlord hit me with the news yesterday that I have to leave at the end of May or he's offering to sell it to me and it's a pretty solid price. I don't wanna move yet so.... anybody have any experience with a Costco mortgage?

In the home buying thread some of the posters were saying that they shopped around pretty extensively and the Costco recommended lender ended up coming in vastly cheaper.

This (a mortgage) is something you should learn to comparison shop, and then you should comparison shop it, because while Costco might be able to get you the best deal, your local credit union might be able to offer you an absolutely insane rate and closing costs. Plus you can negotiate between lenders for rates / fees.

Basically go to the BFC subforum and there's a whole thread.

Cheers!

PBUC

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Saw an actual monk (robe, sandals, tonsure) and a nun while taking communion. It was funny, the monk had a guy to handle his money for him.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

This (a mortgage) is something you should learn to comparison shop, and then you should comparison shop it, because while Costco might be able to get you the best deal, your local credit union might be able to offer you an absolutely insane rate and closing costs. Plus you can negotiate between lenders for rates / fees.
PBUC

This is what I did. I went with my credit union just to keep all of my bills in one place. Now, I wouldn't disgrace the Good Name of Costco, but it made sense for me. They knew all of my finances that they were able to pull up and I was able to get a 20 year 3.5% just by bringing that up. Then again I have a decent paycheck from you guys (the VA, thanks everyone) every month for the rest of my life so that may have played a part.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Costco's Dog House.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

FogHelmut posted:

Hell yeah, wild caught and $5 a lb. I buy that poo poo and freeze it..
My wife decided to be fancy and buy the Wild Caught Never Frozen Salmon from the 'Co once.

We take it home directly, chop it up and sprinkle some pepper, salt and lime on it. Delicious looking.

She gets the pan ready while I'm rolling the fish around in seasoning. I pick up one of the chunks with the tongs and I notice something that looks like a strand of hair or a plastic fibre.

That's weird.

I grab a knife to scrape it off and The loving thing recoils from the knife once it makes contact.

I drop it in the sink and look at the rest of the salmonbits soaking in lime.

Little glass filaments writhing around.

That's when I learned about parasitic worms and basically peaced out of Wild Caught fishies.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Relevant Tangent posted:

Saw an actual monk (robe, sandals, tonsure) and a nun while taking communion. It was funny, the monk had a guy to handle his money for him.

saw a zen monk at a korean costco once hanging round the outside while apparently a dude was in there shopping for an in kind donation

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

FilthyImp posted:

My wife decided to be fancy and buy the Wild Caught Never Frozen Salmon from the 'Co once.

We take it home directly, chop it up and sprinkle some pepper, salt and lime on it. Delicious looking.

She gets the pan ready while I'm rolling the fish around in seasoning. I pick up one of the chunks with the tongs and I notice something that looks like a strand of hair or a plastic fibre.

That's weird.

I grab a knife to scrape it off and The loving thing recoils from the knife once it makes contact.

That's when I learned about parasitic worms and basically peaced out of Wild Caught fishies.

:gonk:

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Fish are gross. Leave those things in the ocean with all the other gross stuff.

e:unless you're into worms, that's cool too.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

FilthyImp posted:

That's weird.

Never frozen is your issue there, not the wild caught. The FDA requires any fish sold to be eaten raw be frozen at -4 degrees F for 7 days. This destroys any parasites. Farmed fish are less likely to have parasites, but also have higher incidence of toxic evironmental compounds such as PCBs and dioxin, and lower levels of omega 3 due to the artificial diet and nature of fish farming.

Anyway, just eat sardines. They're precooked and don't contain any concentrated heavy metals. They're also very unlikely to contain parasites. They only eat plankton. You normally see these conditions in predatory fish.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
IT KILLS parasites... But your fish will still be full of dead worms.

Yum!

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
Jesus Christ you monies. Just cook or freeze your fish before eating and you will be fine. Our if you are super fat don't and reap the weight loss rewards.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I wish Costco carried King Oscar Sardines like BJ's does

BJ's : 1, Costco: 1,000,000

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Do they have SodaStream stuff at da Co?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

GORDON posted:

IT KILLS parasites... But your fish will still be full of dead worms.

Yum!

Worm parts. The ice crystals literally make them disintegrate.

Just eat Soylent I guess, not sure where you think food comes from or what its made of.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
100% thinking about a dog and refill right now.

secular woods sex
Aug 1, 2000
I dispense wisdom by the gallon.
Same but I am about to make the pilgrimage. Salvation is only moments away.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

FogHelmut posted:

Worm parts. The ice crystals literally make them disintegrate.

Just eat Soylent I guess, not sure where you think food comes from....

Not the ocean, I don't like fish.

I wonder how many pounds of parasites get sold at high-end fish prices.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Raw fish is delish.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

GORDON posted:

Not the ocean, I don't like fish.

I wonder how many pounds of parasites get sold at high-end fish prices.

A statistically insignificant amount. Water weight would be a far greater concern if you were worried about economics. Since you're already at Costco, rest easy!

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

I went to worship at a different holy shrine than usual and they gave me poo poo about breaking up my purchases in two recipts (I run a small business and some of the stuff was business use)

This has never happened at my usual place of worship

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Communion was still good

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
How does Costco make so loving good Rotisserie Chicken and CAesar Salad? How.... ??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

I noticed that Walmart sells rotisserie’s for the same price but they are literally half the size of less.

PBUC