Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

what the gently caress are those

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Can't believe Anthony Davis doesn't support net neutrality smdh

lol

https://twitter.com/VZWSupport/status/965784322547634176

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

MourningView posted:

Frankie Smokes

Frankie Warning Nicotine is Dangerous to Your Health.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Mandrel posted:

what the gently caress are those

its a #ad

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Little Ant'ny

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

How much of Aaron Affolo's recent career can be attributed to being name dropped in that Kendrick song.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

https://twitter.com/SHAQ/status/966143225328230400

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/MaxOnTwitter/status/966105151063773184

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

Also, lol Cuban I'm so not surprised.
https://twitter.com/SInow/status/966154159648059393

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Really gives a lot of context to this picture

I am SICKENED and DISGUSTED that mark cuban forced dirk nowitzki and steve nash to dress up as cowboys for his private amusement

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Fire the people mentioned (and anyone not mentioned that was participating in this behavior) in the article directly into the sun. Just terrible.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/SLAMonline/status/966077365657985029

:thunk:

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Fire mark Cuban and Elon musk into the sun at the same time
Disrupt the cosmos

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Rick posted:

It is the DX guys. Not caring about need until later would make sense.

If they're doing it like they did in the DX days they don't bother considering need until after the draft order is set

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Ah yes, I love when corporate big shots are Mr. Hands On I Know Everything That Is Going On It All Goes Through Me until some poo poo happens then they turn into Mr. No One Told Me Anything This Is A Huge Surprise I Deferred To The People Below Me

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

For your MVP consideration, James Harden

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtkLUjmJzZM

e: apparently this is two years old but whatever it's a good video

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

chunkles posted:

For your MVP consideration, James Harden

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtkLUjmJzZM

e: apparently this is two years old but whatever it's a good video
The fact that mister beard head so clearly had to fix a video like that Hot Sauce ATL poo poo but against a child, something that he could've done for real anyways...is amazing and beautiful no wonder he's never gotten far enough in the playoffs #coward #rootbeerbarrel

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Seriously though, it took Under Armour all of two months to realize the type of person Ussery was and fire him. Meanwhile good old Cubes kept him around for almost 20 years and apparently had absolutely no clue whatsoever what a scumbag he was

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Punkin Spunkin posted:

The fact that mister beard head so clearly had to fix a video like that Hot Sauce ATL poo poo but against a child

That's clearly Jonas Valanciunas

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Ah must've been the eight pounds of muscle he put on over the summer

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Ah must've been the eight pounds of muscle he put on over the summer

Jonas has something to say about that!

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

So the Mavs developed a reputation for years in Dallas outside of the company but the most hands on owner in the league is saying he didn't know?

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Yes, I want to live in the universe that after trading for Boogie, the Pelicans are forced to trade Davis.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

:mrgw:

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

He's been pretty consistent with that since before he signed his second contract. If he leaves, he leaves.

e: basically, this is nothing new and doesn't change how the team moves forward. they knew before his current contract was signed that they have until the year before it's over to put together a good enough team to entice him to stay.

Kibner fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Feb 21, 2018

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

chunkles posted:

Really gives a lot of context to this picture

I am SICKENED and DISGUSTED that mark cuban forced dirk nowitzki and steve nash to dress up as cowboys for his private amusement

Oh come on. Dirk is German so he probably already does it in his free time anyway.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

So the Mavs developed a reputation for years in Dallas outside of the company but the most hands on owner in the league is saying he didn't know?

https://twitter.com/ashleyxholcomb/status/966173773941673984

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I'm not the biggest hockey fan, or, a hockey fan, really, at all (I sometimes go years between watching, but can occasionally get into the playoffs), so maybe this is an inaccurate opinion, but it seems like the play quality is way down in the Olympics without the NHL this year and it certainly doesn't make me excited for the sport, whereas the last couple of times it got me into a hockey watching mood that carried over.

I just say this since we're talking about Mark Cuban and he's spearheading the "stop the NBA players from going to the Olympics" movement in the NBA.

MourningView posted:

If they're doing it like they did in the DX days they don't bother considering need until after the draft order is set

Which makes sense. I feel sorry for people who pay for Inside thought since right now they're just doing a bad Chad Ford impersonation, and it sucked when he did it.

Rick fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Feb 21, 2018

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

MourningView posted:

Not to be a pedant, but they explicitly state in the newest one that it's a 'team needs' based mock as in they're not just listing their big boards and predictions,

"Our mock draft differs in two crucial ways from our recently updated top-100 prospect rankings. It uses ESPN's BPI to project the draft order, and it's adjusted for NBA team needs accordingly. It also attempts to project which players will ultimately end up declaring and keeping their names in the draft."

Long quote ahead

quote:

1. Phoenix Suns
Luka Doncic
Real Madrid
PG

The Suns' backcourt is a work in progress after Phoenix traded Eric Bledsoe and brought in Elfrid Payton for what may end up being a rental.

Doncic's size, skill level and versatility allow him to play anywhere from 1 to 4, but there's little doubt that he's at his best with the ball in his hands. He would fit very well with playmaking wings Devin Booker and Josh Jackson.

He's having a phenomenal season in Europe, posting historic numbers in the Euroleague and Spanish ACB for an 18-year-old.

Deandre Ayton will also get a long look here.

Starting salary: $8,095,680

2. Atlanta Hawks
Deandre Ayton
Arizona
Freshman
C

The Hawks are not in a position to draft based on need at this stage of their rebuilding effort, and there are question marks about how well promising big man John Collins fits in alongside another center who doesn't protect the rim at an elite rate.

Nevertheless, Ayton has elevated himself into the conversation as a top-two pick with his incredible natural physical tools and high skill level. His rebounding and scoring prowess could be very attractive here, even if Mohamed Bamba might actually be a better fit stylistically.

Starting salary: $7,243,440

3. Sacramento Kings
Mohamed Bamba
Texas
Freshman
C

None of the Kings' big men have emerged as franchise cornerstones at this stage, meaning it would be foolish to pass on a top-tier talent due to positional concerns.

Bamba will likely get some looks in the top two as well, given his rare combination of length, shot-blocking instincts and offensive promise. He is starting to make 3-pointers more consistently (10-for-28 in his past 15 games), and his unicorn potential gives him arguably the highest upside of any player in this draft.

Starting salary: $6,504,600

4. Cleveland Cavaliers (via Nets)
Jaren Jackson
Michigan State
Freshman
C

At 6-foot-11 and 242 pounds, with a 7-foot-4 wingspan, it's very likely that Jackson will see significant minutes at center in the NBA as his promising frame fills out, rather than at the 4, as he mostly does in college at the moment. Jackson's ability to space the floor (44 percent from 3; 79 percent from the line), block shots (5.9 per 40 minutes), switch on every screen and, increasingly, put the ball on the floor from the perimeter makes him an ideal fit for the modern NBA.

He has significant upside to grow into as well, as he's the youngest player currently projected to be drafted. Jackson is the exact type of player the Cavs sorely need on their roster right now, but he'd be a terrific building block to have regardless of what LeBron James decides to do.

Starting salary: $5,864,640

Cleveland will receive Brooklyn's first-round pick unprotected.

5. Orlando Magic
Marvin Bagley III
Duke
Freshman
C

Although there are some positional concerns regarding Bagley and his fit in the modern NBA, at some point his talent level and sheer production are likely too great to pass on.

The Magic could very well be in the market for a point guard, but there are still question marks about whether Trae Young and Collin Sexton are worthy of being picked this high. Bagley is likely best suited for the center spot, and his scoring instincts, rebounding prowess and athleticism would make for an interesting fit alongside building blocks Aaron Gordon and Jonathan Isaac.

Starting salary: $5,310,720

6. Chicago Bulls
Michael Porter Jr.
Missouri
Freshman
PF

The Bulls have a gaping hole at the small forward position, and could use all the firepower they can find from the perimeter. Porter's ability to play alongside Lauri Markkanen should make him very attractive at this spot.

Porter came into the season with the hope of making a run at being the No. 1 pick in the draft, but unfortunately he hasn't been able to build his case because of a back injury. The results of his medical examination will play a significant role in where he is ultimately drafted, but NBA teams don't appear to be especially concerned right now about the nature of the injury and his long-term prognosis.

Starting salary: $4,823,520

7. Memphis Grizzlies
Trae Young
Oklahoma
Freshman
PG

Mike Conley is a Memphis cornerstone signed to one of the NBA's most lucrative contracts, but he is already 30 and has struggled to stay healthy in recent seasons. With the Grizzlies' playoff run ending, they will have to think about entering a rebuilding stage -- including drafting for talent rather than need.

Trae Young has been mired in a prolonged shooting slump since exploding onto the national radar, but still is a very intriguing fit in today's NBA with his tremendous passing and scoring ability.

Starting salary: $4,403,280

8. Dallas Mavericks
Wendell Carter Jr.
Duke
Freshman
C

Carter's season got off to a slow start, but he has been Duke's best player in 2018 and has recaptured his status as a potential top-10 pick, which is where he started the season.

The Mavs could certainly use help in the frontcourt, and Carter's basketball IQ and versatility are promising in a number of ways.

Starting salary: $4,033,800

9. New York Knicks
Collin Sexton
Alabama
Freshman
PG

Frank Ntilikina has had some nice rookie moments, but the Knicks are finding out that the long-armed, 6-foot-5 guard seems better suited playing alongside a more dominant ball handler and shot creator who can take some of the scoring responsibilities off his shoulders.

Enter Sexton, with his tremendous aggressiveness driving the lane, taking off-the-dribble jumpers and putting defensive pressure on opposing guards. NBA teams have some concerns about Sexton's ability to stay healthy due to his reckless style of play. He's been dinged up much of the season, which hasn't helped matters.

Starting salary: $3,708,120

10. Philadelphia 76ers (via Lakers)
Mikal Bridges
Villanova
Junior
SF

The Sixers are in line to draft in the top 10 due to the shrewd Michael Carter-Williams trade made by Sam Hinkie three years ago (as long as the pick is not 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th, in which case it goes to Boston).

Shooting, defensive versatility, and basketball IQ are what the 76ers need to continue to add, and Bridges brings all of them along with the ability to guard 1 to 4. He isn't as gifted a shot-creator as you'd like from a top-10 pick, but if he's playing alongside the likes of Ben Simmons and Joel Embiid, he won't need to be.

Starting salary: $3,522,480

Philadelphia will receive L.A.'s pick if it lands at No. 1 or Nos. 6-30. Otherwise, the pick goes to Boston. BPI projects a 92.5 percent chance the Sixers get this pick.

11. Charlotte Hornets
Miles Bridges
Michigan State
Sophomore
SF/PF

Charlotte continues to search for long-term solutions at both forward positions, and will likely look to add athleticism to what's become a fairly disappointing roster.

Bridges is a freakish athlete who has struggled at times to make the full-time transition to small forward, but he undoubtedly has potential as a two-way forward who can guard all over the floor and give you enough shooting, ballhandling and passing to get by at one of the most important positions in today's NBA.

Starting salary: $3,346,560

12. LA Clippers (via Pistons)
Kevin Knox
Kentucky
Freshman
PF

The Clippers will likely be looking to add athleticism, shooting and length at the forward positions, where they don't have much depth outside of Tobias Harris.

Knox hasn't had a very efficient freshman season, partially due to his playing out of position, but there's a significant market in the NBA for combo forwards in his mold who can make an open shot, defend multiple positions and offer some offensive versatility. He's one of the youngest players in this draft, so he still has plenty of room to grow.

Starting salary: $3,179,280

The Clippers will receive Detroit's pick if it falls outside the top four.

13. LA Clippers
Robert Williams
Texas A&M
Sophomore
C

Williams has had a somewhat disappointing sophomore season while playing out of position as a power forward in traditional dual-post player lineups. His game is tailor-made for the NBA, though -- he has potential as a rim-running, pick-and-roll-finishing, shot-blocker/offensive rebounder in the Clint Capela mold.

With DeAndre Jordan in the final year of his contract, the Clippers could certainly look to Williams as a potential successor.

Starting salary: $3,020,280

14. Chicago Bulls (via Pelicans)
Lonnie Walker IV
Miami
Freshman
SG/SF

Chicago's wing rotation is still a work in progress, and could certainly use some more shooting, length and perimeter defensive prowess.

Walker started off the season poorly, but has been much better in ACC play, reestablishing himself as a potential lottery-caliber prospect. The lack of depth at the wing position certainly helps him as well.

His youth, strong frame, 6-foot-10½ wingspan and ability to shoot with his feet set or off the dribble make him a candidate to rise even further during the predraft process as teams search for upside and diamonds in the rough.

Starting salary: $2,869,320

The Bulls will receive New Orleans' pick if it falls outside the top five.

15. Phoenix Suns (via Heat)

Daniel Gafford
Arkansas
Freshman
C

Gafford's tremendous physical tools and significant upside will likely mean his name is called somewhere in the top 20 on draft night, if he has a strong predraft process.

Unfortunately the glut of big men in this class (plus the lack of wings around the league) makes it difficult for him to crack the lottery in this team-needs-based mock draft. The Suns are one team that could potentially look for depth at the center spot, adding much needed rim protection and finishing ability as Alex Len enters free agency.

Starting salary: $2,725,680

Phoenix will receive Miami's pick if it is outside the top seven.

16. Portland Trail Blazers
Dzanan Musa
Cedevita
SF

Shooting and depth at the wing/combo forward spots will likely be priorities for the Blazers this offseason (not unlike most teams in the NBA).

Musa's size, scoring instincts and aggressiveness could be intriguing for Portland at this stage of the draft. He's one of the youngest players in this draft class, but he is already very productive in Europe, playing at a fairly high level.

Starting salary: $2,589,480

17. Indiana Pacers

Troy Brown
Oregon
Freshman
SF

Indiana's wing rotation could certainly use more depth, and Brown's versatility as a big ball handler, defender and rebounder is intriguing in a league that is starved for players at his position.

Brown's inconsistency as a perimeter shooter has made it difficult for him to fully break out, but being the third-youngest player in this draft class means he still has time to address that.

Starting salary: $2,460,000

18. Denver Nuggets

Chandler Hutchison
Boise State
Senior
SF

The Nuggets have been cycling through options at small forward all season and could very well look to address that position in the draft and/or free agency this summer.

Hutchison has made significant strides with his game as a senior. He looks primed to take advantage of the lack of wings in the draft -- and the NBA in general -- this June. He has outstanding physical tools and is a much-improved ball handler and perimeter shooter.

Starting salary: $2,337,000

19. Utah Jazz

Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
Kentucky
Freshman
PG/SG

The Jazz might look for a versatile guard who can operate in different lineups without dominating the ball alongside Donovan Mitchell.

Gilgeous-Alexander has the size, length, multipositional defensive versatility and unselfishness needed to operate as a role player alongside a variety of different types of guards and wings.

Starting salary: $2,231,760

20. Milwaukee Bucks

Anfernee Simons
IMG Academy (HS)
SG

In recent years the Bucks have not been afraid to roll the dice on an unproven prospect with significant long-term upside. Simons is one of the least NBA-ready players in the draft, but he's intriguing due to his combination of youth, explosiveness and shot-making prowess.

He's a few years away from panning out, but at this stage of the draft, there isn't much risk, and adding a prospect with his upside would be intriguing. Eventually he could be a nice backcourt mate with Malcolm Brogdon while providing floor spacing for Giannis Antetokounmpo.

Starting salary: $2,142,360

Phoenix will receive Milwaukee's pick if it lands in Nos. 11-16.

21. Washington Wizards

Khyri Thomas
Creighton
Junior
SG/SF

Thomas is one of the better defenders in college basketball, capable of guarding three positions with his 6-foot-11 wingspan. He's also a willing ball-mover and a promising spot-up shooter and exactly the type of grit and unselfishness the NBA covets in role players.

The Wizards, like most other teams, could use wing depth and might look to bolster their rotation with a player in Thomas' mold.

Scraped at insider2text.xyz, brought to you by HeheStreams — No ads, No Bullshit Live & On-Demand NBA, NFL, MLB, and NHL Streaming

Starting salary: $2,056,680

22. Philadelphia 76ers

Aaron Holiday
UCLA
Junior
PG

Shooting, creativity and perimeter defense are all qualities the 76ers will likely look to continue to add to their backcourt rotation as they attempt to construct the right lineups to surround their building blocks of Ben Simmons and Joel Embiid.

Holiday has broken through in a major way in his senior season, and would bring a number of very attractive traits with his microwave scoring ability, long wingspan and toughness.

Starting salary: $1,974,480

23. Minnesota Timberwolves (via Thunder)
Bruce Brown
Miami
Sophomore
SG

Minnesota's guard and wing rotation will need to be shored up over the summer. Brown was in the midst of a disappointing sophomore season before breaking his foot and potentially ending his college career, but he has promise as an NBA prospect.

He's a willing passer, a lockdown defender and a gritty rebounder, and he has shown potential with his jump shot. There's a significant market for players in his mold, provided that he gets healthy and is able, in the predraft process, to recapture some of the momentum he lost.

Execs and coaches like Tom Thibodeau might fall in love with his toughness.

Starting salary: $1,895,520

Minnesota will receive Oklahoma City's pick if it is outside the lottery.

24. San Antonio Spurs

Melvin Frazier
Tulane
Junior
SF

A significant part of San Antonio's wing rotation is up for free agency this summer, meaning this could very well be a position the Spurs look to address in the draft.

Frazier's stock has been moving in the right direction during a very impressive junior season at Tulane. He's a tremendous athlete, standing 6-foot-6 with a nearly 7-foot wingspan, and he's making 39 percent of his 3-pointers this season.

Starting salary: $1,819,800

25. Atlanta Hawks (via Wolves)

Keita Bates-Diop
Ohio State
Junior
PF

With the second of their three first-round picks, the Hawks might look to add some depth at forward.

Bates-Diop has increased his stock dramatically with a breakout season. He has been moving among all of the frontcourt positions for surging Ohio State and looks like an ideal fit for the modern NBA if he can find a way to rev his motor into higher gear at the professional level.

Starting salary: $1,746,840

Atlanta will receive Minnesota's pick if it is outside the lottery.

26. Los Angeles Lakers (via Cavs)

Mitchell Robinson
College: None
Freshman
C

The Lakers are sorely lacking athleticism and rim protection in their frontcourt, and might be willing to roll the dice on a project here.

Physically, Robinson is one of the most gifted prospects -- with impressive length, athleticism and shot-blocking instincts -- but he is a long way from contributing. The fact that he elected not to play college basketball this season won't help his NBA readiness, but at some point in the draft, he's worth taking a gamble on.

Starting salary: $1,689,000

The Lakers will receive Cleveland's pick if it is outside the top three.

27. Boston Celtics

De'Anthony Melton
USC
Sophomore
PG/SG

The Celtics have a tough decision in front of them with Marcus Smart entering free agency, and may need to find a cheaper backcourt option to avoid luxury tax issues.

Melton looked to be on the verge of a breakout season for USC before the FBI investigation shut him down indefinitely. His defensive versatility, toughness and intangibles make him a prospect worth investing in.

Starting salary: $1,640,400

28. Brooklyn Nets (via Raptors)

Shake Milton
SMU
Junior
PG/SG

The Nets have plenty of work to do in building out their backcourt and wing rotations, and could look to draft a role player here who can do a little bit of everything.

A player such as Milton, who has the size and length to defend all three backcourt spots, can operate on or off the ball and is a consistent outside shooter, would make sense here.

Starting salary: $1,630,320

Brooklyn will receive Toronto's pick if it is outside the lottery.

29. Atlanta Hawks (via Rockets)

Landry Shamet
Wichita State
Sophomore
PG/SG

With their third and final first-round pick, the Hawks may look to add some backcourt depth.

Shamet is shooting 45 percent from 3-point range on the season, combining a potent pull-up jumper with the ability to come off screens, and he's arguably the most consistent spot-up shooter in the college game. Shamet sees most of his minutes at point guard despite standing 6-foot-4, thanks to his terrific feel for the game and all-around creativity, but there are some question marks about his ability to create his own shot at the NBA level.

His size will allow him to play alongside a point guard, such as Dennis Schroder, while also handling backup playmaking responsibilities.

Starting salary: $1,618,320

Atlanta will receive Houston's pick if it is outside the top three.

30. Golden State Warriors
Chimezie Metu
USC
Junior
PF/C

Golden State could lose several bigs this offseason and look to the draft for cheaper contributors.

Metu's impressive frame, athleticism, skill level and feel for the game are attractive at this stage of the draft. He has shown flashes offensively both facing and with his back to the basket -- though he doesn't always play hard enough, considering his projected role.

Still, there is some upside left to be tapped into, and Metu could look much better alongside NBA players.

Starting salary: $1,606,680

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Dr.Radical posted:

Oh come on. Dirk is German so he probably already does it in his free time anyway.

Germans have the weirdest cultural fetishes.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

It's interesting to consider how actual professional locker rooms are significantly more professional than many corporate offices. Makes you think that the very idea of "locker room culture/talk" is made up by pervert execs trying to slap rear end. This reminds me of when I used to volunteer at this organization and all the people in charge were finance bros. They all kept on pushing that we have to be like a sports team and have the camaraderie of a locker room. Yet it was pretty clear though that few of them every played competitive sports, because their idea of what that meant was so different than any actual locker room I've ever been it.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

I mean Hinkie did end up fired. I feel like for an NBA executive “being employed” is a big barometer of success

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

BWV posted:

It's interesting to consider how actual professional locker rooms are significantly more professional than many corporate offices. Makes you think that the very idea of "locker room culture/talk" is made up by pervert execs trying to slap rear end. This reminds me of when I used to volunteer at this organization and all the people in charge were finance bros. They all kept on pushing that we have to be like a sports team and have the camaraderie of a locker room. Yet it was pretty clear though that few of them every played competitive sports, because their idea of what that meant was so different than any actual locker room I've ever been it.

I was in cross country in high school so my idea of "locker room talk" means saying extremely gay stuff to everyone else

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

blue squares posted:

I was in cross country in high school so my idea of "locker room talk" means saying extremely gay stuff to everyone else

lol good to know it wasn't just my CC team that acted this way

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Here's another fun fact

quote:

While both instances described in the report are damning and language used is not accurate, the two relationships described in the report are not something I am proud to have been a part of. I underwent much counseling after both situations, under the direction of Buddy Pittman, and I feel like I grew from that counseling. I also signed a contract stating that I would not have one-on-one contact or fraternize with female employees after the inaccurately described incident with my female co-worker, who was a live-in girlfriend. I abided by the details of that contract for four years, and received counseling during that period to avoid future instances.

I thank Buddy Pittman for helping me to grow during that time, and I thank Mark Cuban for his willingness to help facilitate that growth.

Thank you for helping me grow as a man by making me sign a contract that prevented me from speaking to females one-on-one. I appreciate your compassion as an organization." Truly innovative stuff.

houstonguy
Jun 2, 2005

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
Mark Cuban defenders are possibly the most annoying people in the world, so if it wasn’t for the fact that so many women were victimized and marginalized by the Mavericks organization, I would really enjoy watching them oscillate between “Cuban is the genius architect of a championship winning organization” and “how was Cuban supposed to know literally every woman that came into contact with the CEO was harassed and the Mavs.com best writer assaulted multiple people, he’s just the owner”.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Hahahahah ikr. It's inevitable.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

zoux fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Feb 21, 2018

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

GobiasIndustries posted:

lol good to know it wasn't just my CC team that acted this way

I'm pretty sure most high school sports teams act this way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
Cuban kicking the tank into overdrive with the ultimate distraction

Spacebump posted:

Fire the people mentioned (and anyone not mentioned that was participating in this behavior) in the article directly into the sun. Just terrible.

It's really shameful. Ugh

• Locked thread