Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 7

Not Voting (9): Anomalous Amalgam, Asiina, Bifauxnen, IllegallySober, Juchero, Mithross, Natural 20, Truth Quark, Your Personal Muse

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 22nd, 2018 at 11:30 p.m. EST -- that's in about 2 days, 3 hours.

The mini game today will be a card game.

Everyone will receive two cards from a standard 52 card deck. One card will be visible, while one is private. You may trade your visible card with anyone else in the thread, by using the action ##trade. Both parties must agree to the trade in order for it to take place. Once the day ends, the cards held will be locked into place. Whomever gets closest to 22 without going over will win. Jacks are 11, Queen 12, King 13, Aces 1 or 14. In the event of a tie, a tiebreaker will be done privately by the mod

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

omfg I was actually loving right to try and ignore the cop result cause he WAS a loving godfather omfg I can't believe it bahahahahaha

see I KNEW that "my tone is off" stuff was bullshit Gaspy bahahaha

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
I was right, the black materia was bad news!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
lol "what is black materia all about?" :sun:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mithross posted:

I was right, the black materia was bad news!

well, not nearly as bad news as I feared if all it did was turn a scum into a different scum

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Bifauxnen posted:

well, not nearly as bad news as I feared if all it did was turn a scum into a different scum

Yea, I'm glad scum got it.

It looks flavor wise like he was killed by a Turk. I was watching someone last night, who had another visitor. If we work off the theory that scum teams are equal sized that clears two of us. If we think the Turks may be a larger team it does nothing.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Oh surprise surprise

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
So am I naive or was that dude a godfather?

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

You are a Shinra aligned Godfather and win when Shinra controls the vote.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
At this point. I think the teams are evenly sized.

They both had a ninja.

They both had some method of blocking players, Jailer/Roleblocker.

So my assumption right now is that there's one more person left who's a Godfather. It's consistent with them being completely unconcerned by YPM's cop.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

goddamn I'm feelin good today :sun:

oh also, GeneX I want to give you some very genuine thanks now after your flip for that "you two wondertwins better do some self-examination" posting you did. Cause every drat time someone posts like that just before they get hammered, I always hope like hell that they're really scum just doing that to gently caress with my head in the final moments as some final parting revenge, but that's never the case.This time you finally made my dream come true. I know this probably still sounds kind of gloating or sarcastic or something but seriously, it was such a wonderful relief to see your flip and I was so happy, thank you!

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
My advice would be to ignore any of my cops. I believe I’m either naive, which would be consistent with my character, or there are godfathers.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
I'd be hesitant to accept that both teams are mirrored under normal circumstances, but the fact that YPM is still alive lends some credence to that theory. In that case, the last scum is almost certainly hiding amongst the three remaining VT claims (Bif, Asiina, and IS).

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
It seems likely there's only 1 scum left, so if people still think I'm scum (and I don't blame them) then I think there's enough leeway for me to die for the cause.

I still would rather not though.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Of the three, Bif would be the comedy option as she's been quite paranoid about godfathers in mason chat and the Gaspy/Bif godfather power team would be funny.

I am not sure how we can really distinguish between IS and Asiina though. IS at least has some content to read through.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

oh man looking back now, no wonder Gaspy wouldn't listen to me about saving KB for later

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm more sad that your love for your boy Dio was all fake.

At least we know scum got them some fakeclaims.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

omg can you just loving imagine if I got the black materia and it really was loving FF6 all over again

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Hello, IS

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Sweet, another one down.

Hi?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

IllegallySober posted:

Okay.

Speaking of YPM, I feel like he's been real quiet today.

Did you develop this thought any further?

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
hello folks just checkin in still don't have a third vig

i will say, barret is probably one of the best things about ff7

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Your Personal Muse posted:

Did you develop this thought any further?

Not really, my focus was on others yesterday.

Was there a particular reason you were so quiet yesterday?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

TQ, did you add to your masonry last night?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Truth Quark posted:

Sooo... we've probably got one more Turk left then?

This would make sense, Elena is our non-flipped Turk.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
hi evrone i caught up

im ciobo

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Truth Quark posted:

Of the three, Bif would be the comedy option as she's been quite paranoid about godfathers in mason chat and the Gaspy/Bif godfather power team would be funny.

I am not sure how we can really distinguish between IS and Asiina though. IS at least has some content to read through.

Well what we do know is that scum have been entirely unwilling to touch Asiina all game.

If you think she's town as I do then she's a decent buffer to have. It's going to be tough for scum to manipulate her vote the way they want with so few players left in the game.

I'd want to read up on IS.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Natural 20 posted:

Well what we do know is that scum have been entirely unwilling to touch Asiina all game.

If you think she's town as I do then she's a decent buffer to have. It's going to be tough for scum to manipulate her vote the way they want with so few players left in the game.

I'd want to read up on IS.

I really am not sure what you're trying to say.

Scum have been unwilling to target asiina because either a)she's scum or b)she's an easy mislynch to push.

And if she isn't scum of course we should keep her around. But I'm not sure what you mean by her vote is hard to manipulate. Because she isn't playing much?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Mithross posted:

I really am not sure what you're trying to say.

Scum have been unwilling to target asiina because either a)she's scum or b)she's an easy mislynch to push.

And if she isn't scum of course we should keep her around. But I'm not sure what you mean by her vote is hard to manipulate. Because she isn't playing much?

It's this: Asiina has basically said "I'm just going to vote with what the majority thinks because I'm exhausted with the game" or at least something to that effect. A larger scum team would find it easier to manipulate this since they can work together to sound like they're forming a consensus. But if what we suspect, which is that there is only a single member of the Turks left, is true, then owing to their proportionately smaller influence on the vote, it'll be harder to manipulate Asiina.

So yeah, imo since I've a town read on her, I don't want to get rid of her just for another round of thrilling night action mafia. This differs to my initial treatment where I felt she was dangerous because of the larger scum team remaining.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Natural 20 posted:

It's this: Asiina has basically said "I'm just going to vote with what the majority thinks because I'm exhausted with the game" or at least something to that effect. A larger scum team would find it easier to manipulate this since they can work together to sound like they're forming a consensus. But if what we suspect, which is that there is only a single member of the Turks left, is true, then owing to their proportionately smaller influence on the vote, it'll be harder to manipulate Asiina.

Ok, that's more clear, thank you.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

IllegallySober posted:

Not really, my focus was on others yesterday.

Was there a particular reason you were so quiet yesterday?

Sure, I was doing stuff on the weekend. But I could be doing stuff on the weekend as scum. Why did you bring that particular fact up?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I’ll tell you where I’m at right now, IS. I have a very egocentric way of scumhunting. That’s because I know my alignment and relative quality of play.

Right now, I think I’m a problem for scum. Not because I’ve hunted particular well or anything, but because I’m very hard to kill. I’m a confirmed cop, or at least very close to it, so it’ll be very hard to lynch me. In addition, scum have about two or three people they have to nk before they kill me. Basically, scum have the inevitable conclusion that I will be in LYLO with them.

If I’m scum, that’s a big worry for me. Having a pretty close to confirmed town in LYLO is bad news. So, if I’m scum, I’m going to be trying to lay the ground work to at least let me be an option to lynch.

Like, say, innocently wondering where I was.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

I’ll tell you where I’m at right now, IS. I have a very egocentric way of scumhunting. That’s because I know my alignment and relative quality of play.

Right now, I think I’m a problem for scum. Not because I’ve hunted particular well or anything, but because I’m very hard to kill. I’m a confirmed cop, or at least very close to it, so it’ll be very hard to lynch me. In addition, scum have about two or three people they have to nk before they kill me. Basically, scum have the inevitable conclusion that I will be in LYLO with them.

If I’m scum, that’s a big worry for me. Having a pretty close to confirmed town in LYLO is bad news. So, if I’m scum, I’m going to be trying to lay the ground work to at least let me be an option to lynch.

Like, say, innocently wondering where I was.

It was something I noticed in the moment, not something I pursued. You're the one who went out of your way to bring it back up today.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
That’s now two complaints you have lodged against me. How does that color your read of me?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
And I would also like to know if you disagree with my assessment in how scum would view me.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

That’s now two complaints you have lodged against me. How does that color your read of me?

"Two complaints?"

I'm really not going out of my way to case you at the moment, dude. If you really want me to try, I can later today on my break.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

And I would also like to know if you disagree with my assessment in how scum would view me.

Not entirely. Confirmed town at the end of the game would be troubling for scum, for sure. I don't see anyone currently trying to drive a dunk on you though (including me) so this is all coming across a little :tinfoil: to me right now.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
A red star can be seen in the sky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
That’s such an odd reaction. The confirmed cop asks you about a throw away line without even voting you, and you call him paranoid and said you’ll case him later. Very defensive.

• Locked thread