Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

A Good Big

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Adun posted:

I mean Hinkie did end up fired. I feel like for an NBA executive “being employed” is a big barometer of success

Hinkie quit with a rambling 13 page manifesto.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
Dang, this makes me sad. Wish it was more accurate. The thread has more examples of why it isn't reliable:

https://twitter.com/MZavagno11/status/966133148802265094?ref_src=twcamp%5Ecopy%7Ctwsrc%5Eandroid%7Ctwgr%5Ecopy%7Ctwcon%5E7090%7Ctwterm%5E1

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Hey how is the Mark Cuban "I Knew Nothing At All" Minimize The Damage Tour coming along
https://deadspin.com/fired-mavericks-employee-i-signed-a-contract-that-said-1823181772

quote:

While both instances described in the report are damning and language used is not accurate, the two relationships described in the report are not something I am proud to have been a part of. I underwent much counseling after both situations, under the direction of Buddy Pittman, and I feel like I grew from that counseling. I also signed a contract stating that I would not have one-on-one contact or fraternize with female employees after the inaccurately described incident with my female co-worker, who was a live-in girlfriend. I abided by the details of that contract for four years, and received counseling during that period to avoid future instances.

I thank Buddy Pittman for helping me to grow during that time, and I thank Mark Cuban for his willingness to help facilitate that growth.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Kibner posted:

Dang, this makes me sad. Wish it was more accurate. The thread has more examples of why it isn't reliable:

https://twitter.com/MZavagno11/status/966133148802265094?ref_src=twcamp%5Ecopy%7Ctwsrc%5Eandroid%7Ctwgr%5Ecopy%7Ctwcon%5E7090%7Ctwterm%5E1

Id imagine deflections are equally as unreliable. Even coming to a conclusion on what even should be counted as a deflection is really hard to come to.

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

WhyteRyce posted:

Hey how is the Mark Cuban "I Knew Nothing At All" Minimize The Damage Tour coming along
https://deadspin.com/fired-mavericks-employee-i-signed-a-contract-that-said-1823181772

I'm shocked that the guy who tried to get a writer fired for making fun of Dirk would harbor a hostile work environment built on suppressing complaints.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Lockback posted:

Hinkie quit with a rambling 13 page manifesto.

I mean he was definitely forced out.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

I'm shocked that the guy who tried to get a writer fired for making fun of Dirk would harbor a hostile work environment built on suppressing complaints.

It's almost like he jumped through hoops to keep around a beat writer whom he knew he could control and would write the things he wanted him to write

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Adun posted:

I mean he was definitely forced out.

They kept paying him so I'm saying he didn't quit .

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
The Cuban Hostile Crisis is pretty gross and he should be forced out like Doņald Sterling!!!

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
There's a chance I will be able to shake hands and have a few words with both Sam Hinkie and Mark Cuban sometime in the next week. What should I say or ask.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

dokmo posted:

There's a chance I will be able to shake hands and have a few words with both Sam Hinkie and Mark Cuban sometime in the next week. What should I say or ask.

Did he want to draft Porzongis?

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

dokmo posted:

Make sure that's all Mark shakes

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

dokmo posted:

ask Sam if he agrees with me that Tony Wroten deserves another shot

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Jota posted:

Make sure that's all Mark shakes

Cuban is Ashley Shaffer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoWblwKdeHg&t=44s

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Stevie Lee posted:

ask Sam if he agrees with me that Tony Wroten deserves another shot

Tony "Murder She" Wroten is probably my fave NBA nickname of the past half decade.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Tony "Murder She" Wroten is probably my fave NBA nickname of the past half decade.

That sounds suspiciously Berman-esque

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

dokmo posted:

Tell Cuban that he makes the worst deals on sharktank

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

dokmo posted:

Tell him that without Net Neutrality the Internet would look like Satnam Singh running down the court, not pretty

Cool Buff Man posted:

The Cuban Hostile Crisis is pretty gross and he should be forced out like Doņald Sterling!!!

It's almost like he knew something when he was expressing concern about forcing out owners over private behavior :tinfoil:

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1N9pc1Z7NMg

I'd like to eliminate the word Grind

WhyteRyce posted:

It's almost like he knew something when he was expressing concern about forcing out owners over private behavior :tinfoil:

Yea the new context makes that whole thing look even shittier

Cool Buff Man fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Feb 21, 2018

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

dokmo posted:

Ask him about putting radio on the internet.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Wear a 3 commas shirt when you meet him and only speak by quoting Russ Hanneman

Only speak to Hinkie by quoting parts of his manifesto.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
I'm gonna ask them about the music they listen to. which one has the worst taste in music? Im guessing Cuban.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I would just talk non-stop about the team Colangelo put together and what a bright future they have.

Alternatively, loudly and angrily accuse Hinkie of using voodoo to put the yips on Fultz.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Scrape a little bit of Hinkie's skin underneath your fingernail when you handshake him and try to sell it to Philly fans on eBay.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

dokmo posted:

I'm gonna ask them about the music they listen to. which one has the worst taste in music? Im guessing Cuban.

They both definitely listen to some lovely rear end metal

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I could see Cuban doing that, Hinkie seems more dad-rock.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

dokmo posted:

I would be stunned if it's not just super boring classic and roots rock with, like, jay z thrown in to try to seem cool

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

I could see Hinkie liking Bach.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Cuban is definitely one of those dudes that still pays a ton of money for backstage passes when Metallica tours.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

Mr. Mambold posted:

I could see Hinkie liking Bach.

Everyone should like Bach.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

MourningView posted:

I would be stunned if it's not just super boring classic and roots rock with, like, jay z thrown in to try to seem cool

A friend of mine literally ran into Erick Dampier who was with Cuban at a rap concert (I forget who) a million years ago. Might have been him trying to seem cool, no idea.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
paging metapod

https://twitter.com/KCJHoop/status/966379084480696320

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Spacebump posted:

A friend of mine literally ran into Erick Dampier who was with Cuban at a rap concert (I forget who) a million years ago. Might have been him trying to seem cool, no idea.

I mean his whole ownership seems to be primarily motivated by desperately wanting basketball players to hang out with him and think that he's cool

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
YOU TELL THEM CAM

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Cool Buff Man posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1N9pc1Z7NMg

I'd like to eliminate the word Grind

Yea the new context makes that whole thing look even shittier

this is the soundtrack of the Student Athlete twitter account

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

MourningView posted:

I mean his whole ownership seems to be primarily motivated by desperately wanting basketball players to hang out with him and think that he's cool

Heck that's why I teach

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

“I feed into it” lol I love when people try to say something and end up expressing the opposite

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Something about the hook on that Lonzo song loving grabs me.

It's a real good hook despite being kinda generic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I'll admit that its better than it has any right being but the beat is weak af

• Locked thread