Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

Goddamn I want that. It's only 2 bucks but I don't think my laptop will run it well enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I left a nonstick pan on the burner at high for like 5 minutes (I turned on the wrong burner and thought it was on a water kettle) and now I have spent the morning wondering whether the tickle in my throat is from teflon fume poisoning.

Always clear your stove when you're not using it, folx

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

I said come in! posted:

I wonder if I might like this better then X-Com 2. The pacing of X-Com 2 can be a bit weird, and all of the forced cutscenes and ways the game wants to strong arm you into playing it really got on my nerves.

Xenonauts is much more like an alien invasion simulator, and it gives you way more latitude of trying out different approaches of combat. XCOM 2 just throws all kinds of alien curveballs at you, and expects you to figure out how to deal with all of its bullshit before an arbitrary clock runs out. I personally prefer XCOM 2 just because it's so intense.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
It's really baffling how little promotion Konami has done for Metal Gear Survive. Like literally nobody I know had any idea it was out, or would be out anytime soon.

It's all the more baffling because it honestly looks pretty good at $40 and definitely worth the $20 it'll be in a month or two.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i played a little bit of the beta this past weekend and it was a wholly unremarkable "defend this thing from hordes" sort of game, except with a even more hosed up and wild menu system that makes the idroid motherbase management from mgsv look competently designed and intuitive

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

precision posted:

It's really baffling how little promotion Konami has done for Metal Gear Survive. Like literally nobody I know had any idea it was out, or would be out anytime soon.

It's all the more baffling because it honestly looks pretty good at $40 and definitely worth the $20 it'll be in a month or two.

I mean people are probably gonna hate it no matter what

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I left a nonstick pan on the burner at high for like 5 minutes (I turned on the wrong burner and thought it was on a water kettle) and now I have spent the morning wondering whether the tickle in my throat is from teflon fume poisoning.

Always clear your stove when you're not using it, folx

Smdh if you haven't replaced all of your kitchenware, and also all your furniture, and the people in your life with cast iron. :smug:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Cowcaster posted:

i played a little bit of the beta this past weekend and it was a wholly unremarkable "defend this thing from hordes" sort of game, except with a even more hosed up and wild menu system that makes the idroid motherbase management from mgsv look competently designed and intuitive

thats because the idroid motherbase management was competently designed

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I got Mechwarrior 4 Mercenaries running on a modern Windows 10 PC and I feel immediately more accomplished than I have in quite some time.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

In Training posted:

thats because the idroid motherbase management was competently designed

oh for sure man

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Taintrunner posted:

I got Mechwarrior 4 Mercenaries running on a modern Windows 10 PC and I feel immediately more accomplished than I have in quite some time.

Are you using the Mektek release? I'm pretty sure that works out of box, actually. http://www.moddb.com/games/mechwarrior-4-mercenaries/downloads/mw4-mercs-mektek

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Has anyone played the Age of Empires 1 re-master that just came out? I was really excited for that and didn't realize it was coming out this early in the year so I've yet to play it. AoE 1 might be my favorite RTS, or at least the one that I've spent the most time playing.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

iDroid

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Cowcaster posted:

The game is mostly singleplayer though, and the base building is done on a grid system and works fine. The beta was of, like, the most unimportant part and that's weird as gently caress.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Truly the late eighties and nineties were a terrifying time

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Macaluso posted:

Yeah this is crazy to me cause not only did I find the level design to be amazing, but I thought TF was quite a bit easier than the first game. Tropical Freeze would've been a perfect game in my eyes if it wasn't for the boss fights going on far too long.

Bopopolis is one of the most fun stages in the game!!

I don't like comparing it to Super Meatboy because I honestly don't think that game is well designed at all. The levels all feel very thrown together and like they saw I Wanna Be The Guy and wanted to do something similar but not so sadistic and punishing. It's fine but I wouldn't compare Celeste to it at all. I'd compare Celeste more to Ori and the Blind Forest. Aside from one being linear platformer and one being a metroidvania, they both share similar satisfying movement and level design.

I have a handful of issues with Celeste. The issue with the dashing in the wrong direction (though I don't know if that's specifically a Switch problem or not), some gimmicks are a bit too finicky to work that well for B-Sides (the clouds, the eyeball monsters) and some segments tend to overstay their welcome by lasting just a bit too long (the "boss fight" in Reflections goes on a bit too long, even though it's also one of the best segments of the game). But the stuff it gets right, the platforming when it's not dealing with the finicky stuff, the level design for MOST of the game, the music, the aesthetic, the story, all of that easily makes me give the game a break on the issues I don't like. Like some of the rooms in the chapter 6 B-Side are, straight up, some of the most well designed platforming levels I've ever seen. What an absolute blast to go through them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5DgpGx3rtw&t=78s

1:18 if it doesn't automatically take you there. That particular segment is memorable as hell to me, it was so fun and satisfying to beat it. It blew me away, as did the following segments after it where you are falling through the pink spikes.

Ori was lame. Dont compare good games to it

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Mordja posted:

Smdh if you haven't replaced all of your kitchenware, and also all your furniture, and the people in your life with cast iron. :smug:

I have a cast iron pan, it's a few more years of seasoning before I can cook eggs in it easily, which is why I had the teflon pan out

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

precision posted:

i've had a migraine for 20 hours now

kill me

I get 4-5 a month but i got my interventions all worked out so they dont really progress to full blown puking and rolling around moaning stage too often.

Good luck

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

There's a pretty good PS4 sale on the EU store right now so I think I'll finally buy Danganronpa 3 and I think Ruiner too

The Surge and Little Nightmares are supposed to be good right

Help Im Alive fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Feb 21, 2018

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
So are the parts of Titanfall 2 where you're actually in a Titan generally agreed to be the worst parts, or am I the outlier here?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Real hurthling! posted:

Ori was lame. Dont compare good games to it

You’re lame

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Help Im Alive posted:

There's a pretty good PS4 sale on the EU store right now so I think I'll finally buy Danganronpa 3 and I think Ruiner too

The Surge is an aggressively mediocre game that nobody would care about if it didn't draw comparisons to Dark Souls.

Just play Dark Souls.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
The Surge is good.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

Little Nightmares is decent but really short, you can easily clear it in 2 hours even if you have no idea what you're doing.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Atlus hungry for horny money.

https://twitter.com/cooldogjpg/status/966376490375041024

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Acting like Anne has an objection to wearing sexy outfits is...odd. I mean she's a model. To equate dressing in a provocative fashion to deserving harassment is also seems kind of messed up.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

precision posted:

i've had a migraine for 20 hours now

kill me

Real hurthling! posted:

I get 4-5 a month but i got my interventions all worked out so they dont really progress to full blown puking and rolling around moaning stage too often.

Good luck

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naratriptan

These work pretty well on my mother's migraines, give it a try.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

glam rock hamhock posted:

Acting like Anne has an objection to wearing sexy outfits is...odd. I mean she's a model. To equate dressing in a provocative fashion to deserving harassment is also seems kind of messed up.

Yeah I mean that seems like grasping at things to be riled up over.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Narratively, Futaba and Makoto (possibly Haru) dressing up in those outfits seems much less likely, tbh

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Ann's default outfit in the game without any DLC is roughly as horny as that DLC outfit imo

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Isn’t the dancing all night games made by a different development team? So the creators of p5 proper didn’t have anything to do with those outfits.

I also don’t think Atlus management cares about tonal consistency.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Narratively, Futaba and Makoto (possibly Haru) dressing up in those outfits seems much less likely, tbh

plus futaba's like 12

al-azad
May 28, 2009

If those are supposed to be "sexy" outfits then P studios has cleaned up. They look like the opening act for Teen Choice Awards.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i just looked at my Twitter for the first time in like 6 years and SUDA51 retweeted something i said

maybe i should twit more

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

Olive! posted:

The Surge is good.

It shrinks your balls, man.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

glam rock hamhock posted:

That's not what they're saying at all. They're saying that having an opening act resolve around harassment and abuse to the extent P5's does makes this sort of stuff come off weird. I don't really care about the spinoffs but I think it's fair to point out how hard P5 cares about that for precisely an act before boxing up everything related to it and also letting the player enter a student-teacher relationship but this one is ok because ???.

Motto fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Feb 21, 2018

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Motto posted:

That's not what they're saying at all. They're saying that having an opening act resolve around harassment and abuse to the extent P5's does makes this sort of stuff come off weird. I don't really care about the spinoffs but I think it's fair to point out how hard P5 cares about that for precisely an act before boxing up everything related to it and also letting the player enter a student-teacher relationship but this one is ok because ???.

DLC costumes in JRPGs have never, literally never, made sense though. I mean the MC is not a butler either.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

After that storyline resolves, Ann's plotline is about her trying to become the best fashion model she can be

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Motto posted:

Being able to enter a relationship with Your teach is by far the lamest part of P5 to me and it double sucks that mechanically she's like the best social link in the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Macaluso posted:

You’re lame

My name is ori

• Locked thread