Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Keep your enemies close

https://twitter.com/ScottHoward42/status/966399901599805440

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Man just when you thought mark Cuban couldn't possibly get more unlikeable

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
https://twitter.com/CVivlamoreAJC/status/966409163717922816

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/TimBontemps/status/966409147150344193

that's a whole dang rear end lotta money

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
https://twitter.com/TheRenderNBA/status/966370665946337289

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

not a good week for Cuban

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
He's been quiet for a few years, but Cuban's paid hundreds of thousands of dollars in fines cause he can't stop whining in public.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

:staredog:

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

In Mark Cuban's defense, the other scumbag in question did indeed go on to do it somewhere else...where they were promptly kicked out after 2 months of employment instead of the 15+ years or whatever he got in Dallas

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So does Cuban have to personally pay it or do the Mavs just pay it for him (you know like a sexual harassment settlement for a Congressman)?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Loool Cuban

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
he was probably just pissed at Magic getting all the shine these days

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I'm floored that despite the reports that keep coming out and making Cuban look worse and worse, there are still redditors who beat the "well it's possible he didn't really know" drum

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Hahahah get hosed Mark. Trust the Process

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Wonder if Silver is going to peg whatever punishment he hands out about the abuse details directly to this fine to avoid another NFL Ray Rice suspension scenario.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/SInow/status/966417364895129600

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Adam Silver please drop Mark Cuban and Robert Sarver into a pit with a single rock and have them aggressively "hash out" who gets to be alive and still an nba owner
winner absorbs the smashed head owner's roster into their own

houstonguy
Jun 2, 2005

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

WhyteRyce posted:

I'm floored that despite the reports that keep coming out and making Cuban look worse and worse, there are still redditors who beat the "well it's possible he didn't really know" drum

Mavs fans on reddit really, really like Mark Cuban. Someone says something totally innocuous that everyone should agree on like “Mark Cuban is a chode” and like dozens of Mavs fans with some iteration of Mark or Cuban in their username will descend on the comments and talk about how great he is.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I'm pretty sure teams pay for team positive posts on popular sites.

houstonguy
Jun 2, 2005

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

euphronius posted:

That actually makes perfect sense. My working theory was white supremacists.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

euphronius posted:

the sixers pay me to post here

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Adam Silver please drop Mark Cuban and Robert Sarver into a pit with a single rock and have them aggressively "hash out" who gets to be alive and still an nba owner

Booker coached by Carlisle would be magnificent

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Cool Buff Man posted:

Dirk ending his career on a stronger but still dysfunctional Phoenix Suns would be fiendishly delicious

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Sheriff posted:

That actually makes perfect sense. My working theory was white supremacists.

We are talking about the r/nba here not r/the_donald...hey wait

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Dirk ending his career on a stronger but still dysfunctional Phoenix Suns would be fiendishly delicious

The Sun's medical staff could keep Dirk running for 10 more years

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

I mean, this is really awesome and all, but he's already done a "180" before he even jumps...

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Holy gently caress

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

I mean, this is really awesome and all, but he's already done a "180" before he even jumps...

man who cares

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Mods

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

gently caress off

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I feel like it's a good time to post this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYgJXBuAzXs

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Make a full recovery Zach 😍

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Cool Buff Man posted:

Not when he sits him because he doesn't do whatever weird thing he does to alienate almost every player they don't draft whose personality isn't near Kawhi Leonard on the exuberance scale.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

i think you need to dunk to complete the dunkshot

0/10

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I can't believe I'm defending Robert Sarver but he's never done anything all that bad aside from being incompetent and kind of whiny

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Rick posted:

Not when he sits him because he doesn't do whatever weird thing he does to alienate almost every player they don't draft whose personality isn't near Kawhi Leonard on the exuberance scale.

It's worth remembering that Larry Brown, famously a cantankerous screaming rear end in a top hat, won the faith of players who were really really tired of carlisle. Of course he left immediately, because he understands how little people like him. The same group of players plus Mcydess and Webber then went on to great success running Flip Saunders adelman esque corner offense based on mid range jumpers.

Carlisle alienates players but he brings the best out of fringe NBA guys and basketball robots. Nobody else can take him for too long. He's a good coach though

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Space Camp fuckup posted:

I can't believe I'm defending Robert Sarver but he's never done anything all that bad aside from being incompetent and kind of whiny

Remember when the defense of Cuban was that he was just an involved loudmouth but not an outright bad person like Arson and Gilbert

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

I want a version of the dunk contest where the other contestants have the chance to ruin your sick nasty dunk with a sick nasty block.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
To play devil's advocate, Business and team operations are segregated in a lot franchises. Cuban always wanted to be around the players, not the guys who make sure they give away enough stuffed horses to get minimum attendance against the Nets.

On the other hand he could have understood the gravity of everything and ignored it. it will take disclosure and so on to reveal which is true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Mr. Despair posted:

I want a version of the dunk contest where the other contestants have the chance to ruin your sick nasty dunk with a sick nasty block.

...Slam Ball?

• Locked thread